HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1 Game Suspension for Hanzal; No Discipline for Doan or Morris

Old
05-17-2012, 11:30 AM
YP44

vCash: 500
If we are up by a couple tonight I would like to see Quick take a hack at one of the yotes (preferrably their captain). I know he won't because he is classier and smarter than Smith, but it sure would show how hypocritical the reffing is when Quick gets the only penalty.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:37 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
I look at that game from the Kings viewpoint as a move over, we've got bigger and better things ahead of us than you rather than a I'm a wussy.
That's the viewpoint of a winner. Take it and move on. Keep your eyes on the prize. We can get them back during the regular season next year.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:02 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
If we are up by a couple tonight I would like to see Quick take a hack at one of the yotes (preferrably their captain). I know he won't because he is classier and smarter than Smith, but it sure would show how hypocritical the reffing is when Quick gets the only penalty.
I wouldn't because I'd be afraid he'd get suspended, simply bcause the NHL feels like they should have with Smith.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
I think the NHL got them all right. Hanzal deserves a game, Doan doesn't, Morris doesn't even though he did attempt to knee Scuds but you can't suspend on intent if there was no contact, and Smith deserved the 2 minutes he got for slashing. Goalies chop guys all the time in front of the net, it's no different than a player getting a slashing penalty.
No they don't. Not anymore. They did much more of this in the '70s - '90s, but not really much over the last 10 years or so. There is really no slashing-goalie comparable to what Billy Smith used to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
I've always hated the way Smith plays but it's not like the took a baseball bat type swing at Brown like our assistant GM Ron Hextall did to Nillson.
?? He took a pretty big backswing before letting it fly. And a goalie stick is not a lightweight composite stick either - they're pretty heavy.

I'm just hoping that if (when) the Kings get another GI penalty, that they actually EARN it but taking Smith OUT. Full speed / maybe blindside shot. Then fight the ref for a diving penalty on Smith as well.

Re the diving call on Brown, I would really like to hear the ref's explanation of "what he saw" and why he thought it a dive. How can 2 refs miss that?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:01 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
No they don't. Not anymore. They did much more of this in the '70s - '90s, but not really much over the last 10 years or so. There is really no slashing-goalie comparable to what Billy Smith used to do.

?? He took a pretty big backswing before letting it fly. And a goalie stick is not a lightweight composite stick either - they're pretty heavy.

I'm just hoping that if (when) the Kings get another GI penalty, that they actually EARN it but taking Smith OUT. Full speed / maybe blindside shot. Then fight the ref for a diving penalty on Smith as well.

Re the diving call on Brown, I would really like to hear the ref's explanation of "what he saw" and why he thought it a dive. How can 2 refs miss that?
Ref media conferences in the playoffs would be good.
I think the goalie interference on lewis was a legit call, but was an obvious dive by smith as well.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 01:11 PM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

All this talk of taking out their guys seems bush league to me. I think it's great that they're unraveling as a team, but it's not because we're getting chippy/dirty out there, it's because we're beating them in every facet of the game. Let them be the dirty ones, and let us respond the right way. That means standing up for your teammates when the time comes, but not resorting to questionable plays. We don't want to risk getting one of our guys kicked out for this series or especially the next one if we get there.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Minor Boarding

Why I thought that Morris knee on knee should've been looked at?
That's why ->

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:28 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Why I thought that Morris knee on knee should've been looked at?
That's why ->
Weird thing about that hit is it looks more like he got him in the groin than in the knee. Still, dirty hit.

And I think the Morris hit was worse (in intent) because he lined up Scuderi for a longer distance.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

One game for Hanzal in the Conference Finals is worth more than one game in the reg season.

I'm fine with it. Message sent, message received. Now it's time for the Kings to go put a stranglehold on the series.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 02:35 PM
DaAnimal

Im very happy with this decision. I know we should protect our players but Hanzal by no means has a history of being dirty. As for the other hits, I am okay with it. Though I felt Morris should have been fined for intentionally trying to injure scuds.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote