HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Ironically, earlier that day, Hodgson’s teammates had playfully taped a “C” "

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2012, 11:42 AM
  #26
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Who do you think you are David Booth, don't be mean to animals, even Lego ones...
No kidding. You can't even eat Lego.

Yet theres Red Neck Mosquito sitting up in a tree waiting to pounce on the first kids toy that comes by.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:44 AM
  #27
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 18,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
While you may be right in saying he was not well-liked, this is not a good thing - it means players who don't fit in get shipped out (or not re-signed - mitchell, ehrhoff, ...) in order not to lose "the room".

I side with Deng Xiaoping on this one - "It doesn't matter the color of the cat as long as it catches mice"
I have no clue how you draw those conclusions.

Mitchell was in talks with the Canucks...he hadn't even started working out until late July and they weren't prepared to offer a guy coming off of a serious concussion a multi-year deal without a bonus laden contract. Willie, took the sure thing and moved on.

No part of that ordeal suggested they wanted him gone.

Ehrhoff's issue was solely about money. It was pretty clear he fit in perfectly with the room. They just weren't prepared to pay him top pairing money after a -14 playoff run, especially knowing Edler and some notable free agents would need to get paid in the coming years.

Shane O'brien is probably the only guy the team 'jettisoned' but that's because he didn't carry himself like a professional, and his antics wore thin with the coaching staff and the management.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:45 AM
  #28
silvercanuck
Registered User
 
silvercanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
because when you get a group of guys together allot of things happen, whether you think its mature or immature has little relevance. Things like taping a "C" to a player practice jersey is definetly not a positive thing. Its a way of telling a player something.

Male bonding is not hugs and kiss's.
The Canucks dressing room is not like a junior B dressing room. I am quite sure that the "big head" comments were about Cody's obviously huge melon and not his ego. Im also pretty confident the taped C was a joke and not a hazing incident. But go ahead. Beat a dead horse.

silvercanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:50 AM
  #29
Alan Jackson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
the fact that it is a joke article and they use this piece of information in it tells me allot. Cody obviously told the interviewer the story, did he actually think it was a good thing?
The "C" on the jersey thing was widely reported at the time of the trade. Try to keep up.

Quote:
During a fun-filled practice in which drills were shelved for a four-on-four shinny game Monday, Cody Hodgson had a 'C' playfully placed on his jersey with masking tape. It was funny at the time but not so much a few hours later because the symbolism of easily removing that letter was not lost on the centre.
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ho...#ixzz1v346vQpm

You're trying to make an issue out of nothing.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:55 AM
  #30
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,132
vCash: 500
I think you're all reading too much into this anyways. I'd bet my bottom dollar that "the core" knew he was getting traded and that the "C" was for "C you later".

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:04 PM
  #31
struckmatch
Registered User
 
struckmatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,979
vCash: 500
This entire situation with Cody Hodgson is a massive failing on the part of the Canucks management and coaching staff, there is no other way around it.

Our medical staff misdiagnosed him, our coach called him out in his first training camp and basically threw him under the bus, didn't trust him, didn't play him enough despite being one of our best players, and now the Canucks are airing all of this in the media and in the public forum.

I honestly don't care what you say, I understand he asked for a trade, it should never have gotten to that point. Ever. Mike Gillis should have reigned in this situation better than he did, letting it get to the point where he asks for a trade and wants to leave your organization is a failing on his part as a General Manager.

From all account, Cody was a smart hockey player with a good head on his shoulders - he had that reputation in Junior and has the support of others within the hockey industry backing this up.

We all heard when he was drafted "he's beyond his years in maturity, he's a smart player, etc" then all of a sudden when he becomes a Canuck, he has character issues and whines every day? I have a hard time saying the Canucks are innocent in all of this, in fact, I blame them more than I blame Cody Hodgson.

I think its completely clear to ANYONE that AV's strong point is definitely not bringing along young players. He simply just doesn't have it in him. If chasing away your top prospect (who is also your General Manager's first and signature draft pick) doesn't prove that to you, I feel sorry for you.

One of the dumbest responses to trading Cody was how "he was never going to have an opportunity to surpass Kelser or Henrik" - I think that Jordan Staal is doing well behind Malkin and Crosby? Last I checked depth at centre is a key reason why teams win championships right?

This trade will be completely analyzed in a few years after we see what Kassian is or isn't...but it further gutted this team offensively this year and the return (Kassian) did absolutely nothing to help us in our cause to make a deep playoff run.

The Canucks failed HARD here and if you analyze the situation, there's no way around it.

struckmatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:07 PM
  #32
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Is our team that immature that they all pick on young players and try to humiliate them as you suggest?
That is definitely one way to interpret that article.

  Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:07 PM
  #33
dave babych returns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
the "C" was for "C you later".
I was going to suggest it stood for **** but yours is better (and more likely to pass the profanity filters)..

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:13 PM
  #34
Alan Jackson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
This entire situation with Cody Hodgson is a massive failing on the part of the Canucks management and coaching staff, there is no other way around it.

Our medical staff misdiagnosed him, our coach called him out in his first training camp and basically threw him under the bus, didn't trust him, didn't play him enough despite being one of our best players, and now the Canucks are airing all of this in the media and in the public forum.

I honestly don't care what you say, I understand he asked for a trade, it should never have gotten to that point. Ever. Mike Gillis should have reigned in this situation better than he did, letting it get to the point where he asks for a trade and wants to leave your organization is a failing on his part as a General Manager.

From all account, Cody was a smart hockey player with a good head on his shoulders - he had that reputation in Junior and has the support of others within the hockey industry backing this up.

We all heard when he was drafted "he's beyond his years in maturity, he's a smart player, etc" then all of a sudden when he becomes a Canuck, he has character issues and whines every day? I have a hard time saying the Canucks are innocent in all of this, in fact, I blame them more than I blame Cody Hodgson.

I think its completely clear to ANYONE that AV's strong point is definitely not bringing along young players. He simply just doesn't have it in him. If chasing away your top prospect (who is also your General Manager's first and signature draft pick) doesn't prove that to you, I feel sorry for you.

One of the dumbest responses to trading Cody was how "he was never going to have an opportunity to surpass Kelser or Henrik" - I think that Jordan Staal is doing well behind Malkin and Crosby? Last I checked depth at centre is a key reason why teams win championships right?

This trade will be completely analyzed in a few years after we see what Kassian is or isn't...but it further gutted this team offensively this year and the return (Kassian) did absolutely nothing to help us in our cause to make a deep playoff run.

The Canucks failed HARD here and if you analyze the situation, there's no way around it.
Exactly. Very well said.

And with Kesler injured at the start of the season yet again, it sure would be nice to have a player like Hodgson to fill in next fall. Oh, well.

Certainly, Hodgson's role and his camp played thier part in the divorce, but the marriage was damaged beyond repair by Vigneault years ago.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:14 PM
  #35
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 18,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
This entire situation with Cody Hodgson is a massive failing on the part of the Canucks management and coaching staff, there is no other way around it.

Our medical staff misdiagnosed him, our coach called him out in his first training camp and basically threw him under the bus, didn't trust him, didn't play him enough despite being one of our best players, and now the Canucks are airing all of this in the media and in the public forum.

I honestly don't care what you say, I understand he asked for a trade, it should never have gotten to that point. Ever. Mike Gillis should have reigned in this situation better than he did, letting it get to the point where he asks for a trade and wants to leave your organization is a failing on his part as a General Manager.

From all account, Cody was a smart hockey player with a good head on his shoulders - he had that reputation in Junior and has the support of others within the hockey industry backing this up.

We all heard when he was drafted "he's beyond his years in maturity, he's a smart player, etc" then all of a sudden when he becomes a Canuck, he has character issues and whines every day? I have a hard time saying the Canucks are innocent in all of this, in fact, I blame them more than I blame Cody Hodgson.

I think its completely clear to ANYONE that AV's strong point is definitely not bringing along young players. He simply just doesn't have it in him. If chasing away your top prospect (who is also your General Manager's first and signature draft pick) doesn't prove that to you, I feel sorry for you.

One of the dumbest responses to trading Cody was how "he was never going to have an opportunity to surpass Kelser or Henrik" - I think that Jordan Staal is doing well behind Malkin and Crosby? Last I checked depth at centre is a key reason why teams win championships right?

This trade will be completely analyzed in a few years after we see what Kassian is or isn't...but it further gutted this team offensively this year and the return (Kassian) did absolutely nothing to help us in our cause to make a deep playoff run.

The Canucks failed HARD here and if you analyze the situation, there's no way around it.
So much wrong with this post.

-it was his 2nd camp, not his first

-AV didn't bring along a young Kesler from a 3rd liner to a Selke Winner did he? Did the Twins not go from 3rd line to 2nd line, to Hart Trophy Under AV.

-the bolded makes Hodgson look worse. Cody could see how Sedin and Kesler started on the 3rd line in Vancouver. Cody was getting identical treatment to a young Henrik Sedin, yet HE ASKED TO BE MOVED.

HIS AGENT requested a trade and constantly asked for more ICETIME. We never ever heard these things out of Kesler, Sedin's, Staal's camps did we.

Cody wanted out so he could prove himself in a top 6 SOONER than he would have here, THUS allowing him to better his EARNING POTENTIAL.


Sorry for all the caps, but your post annoyed me.

Probably going to leave this thread now, I've said all Ive ever needed to about CH, in the 50 threads that have discussed his trade since the deadline.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:17 PM
  #36
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
I was going to suggest it stood for **** but yours is better (and more likely to pass the profanity filters)..
That reminds of the Police during their synchronicity tour; Stewart Copeland had **** Off You C*** duct taped on his toms. Apparently Sting had a Hodgson like effect on his peers.


Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:18 PM
  #37
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 18,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
Exactly. Very well said.

And with Kesler injured at the start of the season yet again, it sure would be nice to have a player like Hodgson to fill in next fall. Oh, well.
Too bad Hodgson didn't have the foresight or the patience, you know like ALL ROOKIES should.

Kid was freakin' rookie complaining about icetime and asking to be moved. If this kid is all 'character' he should have been able to understand the role of rookie at the NHL level. It's too bad this kid thinks he's Stamkos.

Never heard Giroux ask for a trade when he was stuck behind Briere, Richards and Carter...bide your time and earn your keep, or GTFO. Good riddance kid.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:22 PM
  #38
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,020
vCash: 500
Canucks had 3 big meetings with Hodgson to try and reign in the situation. They did everything in their power to appeal to him and he still requested a trade last season right after we lost in the SCF. What a joke. He's onto his 3rd or 4th agent now. The only other guy I've heard of switching agents that quickly is Kabanov.

So many blind Hodgson fanboys, it's unbelievable. How can you call yourself a Canucks fan when you seem to have a higher opinion of a spoiled rookie who couldn't wait for his opportunity?

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:25 PM
  #39
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Shane O'brien is probably the only guy the team 'jettisoned' but that's because he didn't carry himself like a professional, and his antics wore thin with the coaching staff and the management.
That he played like crap did not exactly endear him to the coaching staff either.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:26 PM
  #40
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Yet Bieksa is a hero because he does an interview pretending to be Kesler, we have all seen the antics while players are being interviewed on tv, somebody playing a joke while the other player is concentrating on the camera, the list goes on and on.

Anybody who thinks the "room" is all work and no play is very naive.

Taping a "C" onto a practice jersey is akin to the old kangaroo court. Your telling the player he is getting to big for his britches.
Bieksa wasn't interviewing to punk Kesler, he was doing it to mess with the reporter

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:27 PM
  #41
struckmatch
Registered User
 
struckmatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
So much wrong with this post.

-it was his 2nd camp, not his first
How does this make it any better or worse? Same result.

Quote:
-AV didn't bring along a young Kesler from a 3rd liner to a Selke Winner did he? Did the Twins not go from 3rd line to 2nd line, to Hart Trophy Under AV.
How long did it take Kesler and the Sedins to develop? In today's NHL, you need young players IN YOUR LINEUP and contributing quickly on ELC's to have a chance to win the cup. Bottom line. Look at Seguin and Marchand last year for the Bruins. Toews, Kane the year before for Chicago, Perry and Penner for the Ducks when they won. Don't have time for a 6 - 7 season player development.

Alain doesn't trust young players enough. Playing Kassian 3 - 6 minutes a night? For 20 MEANINGLESS regular season games? WHY? Why not play him and give him a chance to succeed. Any way you slice it, he hasn't had any faith in young players in this organization.

Quote:
-the bolded makes Hodgson look worse. Cody could see how Sedin and Kesler started on the 3rd line in Vancouver. Cody was getting identical treatment to a young Henrik Sedin, yet HE ASKED TO BE MOVED.
I think you're going too deep into Cody's head here. No one knows how he is feeling or what he is thinking. I'm sure there are many scenarios when young players act up a bit in organizations, some that we probably don't hear about, doesn't mean it needs to get to the point where they ask to be traded. Part of a GM's job is to handle relationships with young players.

Quote:
HIS AGENT requested a trade and constantly asked for more ICETIME. We never ever heard these things out of Kesler, Sedin's, Staal's camps did we.
How do you know Kesler and the Sedins never asked for more ice time? Just because the stories never came out, doesn't mean the conversations never happened. To be perfectly honest, with the way Cody was playing and how the team's offense looked after the trade, maybe they should have listened to his agent?

Quote:
Cody wanted out so he could prove himself in a top 6 SOONER than he would have here, THUS allowing him to better his EARNING POTENTIAL.
Once again, you're assuming what Cody was thinking. Every player has a right to maximize their earning potential, that's fair enough, but this is assumption on your part.

struckmatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:30 PM
  #42
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
How do you know Kesler and the Sedins never asked for more ice time? Just because the stories never came out, doesn't mean the conversations never happened. To be perfectly honest, with the way Cody was playing and how the team's offense looked after the trade, maybe they should have listened to his agent?
He sure lit it up with his 3 points in 13 games before being traded. Oh and then with 4 minutes of PP time per game and 16 minutes of average ice-time, he sure lit it up again with 8 points in 20 games and 6 of those in 3 games against TOR, MIN, and MTL. All that while being on the ice for close to 50% of Buffalo's goals against in that time period.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:31 PM
  #43
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,761
vCash: 500
I don't even see what the story is. Groups of friends, co-workers or teammates rip on each other and joke around. What are people getting mad about? Have these people never had friends, or a job with a social aspect to it?

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
  #44
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 18,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
How does this make it any better or worse? Same result.



How long did it take Kesler and the Sedins to develop? In today's NHL, you need young players IN YOUR LINEUP and contributing quickly on ELC's to have a chance to win the cup. Bottom line. Look at Seguin and Marchand last year for the Bruins. Toews, Kane the year before for Chicago, Perry and Penner for the Ducks when they won. Don't have time for a 6 - 7 season player development.

Alain doesn't trust young players enough. Playing Kassian 3 - 6 minutes a night? For 20 MEANINGLESS regular season games? WHY? Why not play him and give him a chance to succeed. Any way you slice it, he hasn't had any faith in young players in this organization.



I think you're going too deep into Cody's head here. No one knows how he is feeling or what he is thinking. I'm sure there are many scenarios when young players act up a bit in organizations, some that we probably don't hear about, doesn't mean it needs to get to the point where they ask to be traded. Part of a GM's job is to handle relationships with young players.



How do you know Kesler and the Sedins never asked for more ice time? Just because the stories never came out, doesn't mean the conversations never happened. To be perfectly honest, with the way Cody was playing and how the team's offense looked after the trade, maybe they should have listened to his agent?



Once again, you're assuming what Cody was thinking. Every player has a right to maximize their earning potential, that's fair enough, but this is assumption on your part.
You were the one to suggest Jordan Staal was doing just fine playing behind Crosby and Malkin, why couldn't Hodgson do the same?

They played him in a great spot to succeed, yet he still wanted more ice-time...

No sense in continuing the debate. I can admit the Canucks made mistakes, but for this 'mature', 'character kid' to hold a grudge from a comment made 3 years ago, sort of...you know....dispells those claims of 'maturity' and 'character' IMO, and then to lie about it....

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
  #45
Alan Jackson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Too bad Hodgson didn't have the foresight or the patience, you know like ALL ROOKIES should.

Kid was freakin' rookie complaining about icetime and asking to be moved. If this kid is all 'character' he should have been able to understand the role of rookie at the NHL level. It's too bad this kid thinks he's Stamkos.
I wonder if Hodgson's camp would have been complaining to a different coach? One that hadn't called him a faker and a liar?

Maybe Hodgson didn't see a future with AV behind the bench, and things like getting his ice-time cut were interpreted a little differently in that context.

Not to mention that Hodgson might have had a reason to feel ill-used - how many threads on here were there complaining about Hodgson's lack of opportunity before the trade? Countless.

The Canucks were flying high in January, Hodgson had just won rookie of the month, and all of a sudden, AV started complaining that his lineup needed more balance. I believe the day after winning ROM, Hodgson found himself on the 4th line. The message from Vigneault was crystal clear - score as many goals as you want - I don't like your game.

I hope one day that Kassian turns out to be the player we hope he is and we can forget about Cody Hodgson. At present, however, it's difficult not to think the Canucks handled this player poorly from nearly Day One.

I'll tell you something else, as I watched the Canucks struggle to create any offence in the 1st round, I found myself wishing for a Grabner or a Hodgson or a Wellwood to replace a Weiss or a Bitz or a Malhotra. Hell, we could have even used a Shirokov.

If the Canucks extend AV, they might as well trade Schroeder the same day.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
  #46
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
I'll tell you something else, as I watched the Canucks struggle to create any offence in the 1st round, I found myself wishing for a Grabner or a Hodgson or a Wellwood to replace a Weiss or a Bitz or a Malhotra. Hell, we could have even used a Shirokov.
What would you be saying about Grabner in the first few months of him doing sweet jack all (as his usual custom and *CONTINUES* to be his modus operendi)?

A guy like Sammuellson, you might look the other way since that guy actually did something in the post-season once (re: LA series). Grabner? Deserves no such leash. At least with Wellwood, you didn't have a guy playing like a lazy sack of manure on the ice.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
  #47
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
It's a fine line between "tightly knit" and "cliquey".

  Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
  #48
struckmatch
Registered User
 
struckmatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
He sure lit it up with his 3 points in 13 games before being traded. Oh and then with 4 minutes of PP time per game and 16 minutes of average ice-time, he sure lit it up again with 8 points in 20 games and 6 of those in 3 games against TOR, MIN, and MTL. All that while being on the ice for close to 50% of Buffalo's goals against in that time period.
So, you're saying that the way he played in Buffalo with completely different linemates, in a different system, after no real practice time with a completely different organization is how he would have played here?

You're post is ridiculous by even using his Buffalo numbers to suggest that is how he would have done here. It's also ridiculous to judge him on 13 games this season.

Wow.

struckmatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
  #49
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light Mosquito View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Who do you think you are David Booth, don't be mean to animals, even Lego ones...

To be honest I think it's time to move on. Hodgson is gone and Kassian is here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
No kidding. You can't even eat Lego.

Yet theres Red Neck Mosquito sitting up in a tree waiting to pounce on the first kids toy that comes by.
You guys are just joking, right? There's no need to call Red Light Mosquito "Red Neck Mosquito" here.

I think Mosquito brings up a pretty good point, we've beaten the Hodgson story to death. At this point, we're just flogging a dead horse. The storm troopers just make it extra special.

Samzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:40 PM
  #50
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 18,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
I wonder if Hodgson's camp would have been complaining to a different coach? One that hadn't called him a faker and a liar?

Maybe Hodgson didn't see a future with AV behind the bench, and things like getting his ice-time cut were interpreted a little differently in that context.

Not to mention that Hodgson might have had a reason to feel ill-used - how many threads on here were there complaining about Hodgson's lack of opportunity before the trade? Countless.

The Canucks were flying high in January, Hodgson had just won rookie of the month, and all of a sudden, AV started complaining that his lineup needed more balance. I believe the day after winning ROM, Hodgson found himself on the 4th line. The message from Vigneault was crystal clear - score as many goals as you want - I don't like your game.

I hope one day that Kassian turns out to be the player we hope he is and we can forget about Cody Hodgson. At present, however, it's difficult not to think the Canucks handled this player poorly from nearly Day One.

I'll tell you something else, as I watched the Canucks struggle to create any offence in the 1st round, I found myself wishing for a Grabner or a Hodgson or a Wellwood to replace a Weiss or a Bitz or a Malhotra. Hell, we could have even used a Shirokov.

If the Canucks extend AV, they might as well trade Schroeder the same day.
....waaah...waaah...

A 'character person' or a 'mature beyond his year' kid, should have been able to sweep water under the bridge shouldn't he?

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.