HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Santos-Markstrom to stay in San Antonio Another Year

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2012, 08:22 PM
  #101
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I still dont see why Markstrom won't be up next season. I understand injury and wanting more time to develop, but while with the team and playing this past season, I think he was pretty darn good for a rookie fill in.
well I feel the same way, but I'm just talking in the occasion that he's sent down since this thread is about that possibility

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:15 PM
  #102
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr
 
Jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I still dont see why Markstrom won't be up next season. I understand injury and wanting more time to develop, but while with the team and playing this past season, I think he was pretty darn good for a rookie fill in.
Maybe to see if Marky can actually stay healthy for a whole season. Wouldn't you want to know that he is able to stay healthy for a whole season and playoffs? I know I would, especially before I would make him my #1 goalie. We don't want him to be another Rick DiPietro injury wise, later in Marky's career. Now, if he was to be back up that is a different story since he would be sitting on the bench for most of the season.

It all depends on how well Marky trains in the off season and what he can bring during training camp. It would be great for Marky to be up with you guys next season. Hopefully Santos hasn't completely sent Marky down before next season.

Btw, only around like 105-110 days for your training camp to start for next season.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
  #103
Tuco
Registered User
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 500
Thanks Jessica, right around the corner...

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:30 PM
  #104
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Maybe to see if Marky can actually stay healthy for a whole season. Wouldn't you want to know that he is able to stay healthy for a whole season and playoffs? I know I would, especially before I would make him my #1 goalie. We don't want him to be another Rick DiPietro injury wise, later in Marky's career. Now, if he was to be back up that is a different story since he would be sitting on the bench for most of the season.

It all depends on how well Marky trains in the off season and what he can bring during training camp. It would be great for Marky to be up with you guys next season. Hopefully Santos hasn't completely sent Marky down before next season.

Btw, only around like 105-110 days for your training camp to start for next season.
Marky will never be Rick Dipietro because this organization would never be stupid enough to sign a goalie for 15 years.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:49 PM
  #105
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr
 
Jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Marky will never be Rick Dipietro because this organization would never be stupid enough to sign a goalie for 15 years.
You would hope not.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
  #106
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,833
vCash: 500
Tallon has a much bigger brain in his head than Garth Snow does.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:23 PM
  #107
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,490
vCash: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Marky will never be Rick Dipietro because Dale Tallon would never be stupid enough to sign a goalie for 15 years.
Fixed.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:39 PM
  #108
jakethesnake23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney, OZ
Country: Australia
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Marky will never be Rick Dipietro because this organization would never be stupid enough to sign a goalie for 15 years.
Jessica clearly states she doesn't want Marky to be a RickD INJURY WISE. Not about contracts. The injury concern is completely fair at this point after multiple knee surgeries.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:59 AM
  #109
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,583
vCash: 500
I think the whole "we want to see of he stays healthy for one year" argument is weak, well couldn't you just do that same experiment in the NHL? If you're injury prone what difference does it make to test it in the NHL or AHL? I guess the rational argument is that we don't want to lose him while he's playing for the big club...ummm, well, yeah injuries are gonna happen and do happen whether you're in the NHL or AHL, Theo and Clemms both had injuries last season I don't see the rational argument..he could play all season in AHL injury free and get injured the 1st game he plays in the NHL so it's just not a valid point in my opinion

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 06:11 PM
  #110
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Jessica clearly states she doesn't want Marky to be a RickD INJURY WISE. Not about contracts. The injury concern is completely fair at this point after multiple knee surgeries.
Lol I know what Jessica means. I'm just stating a fact.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:54 PM
  #111
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Maybe Markstrom won't stay in San Antonio.
Any news about extension negotiations? (from first post's link):

"He’s (Santos) busy renegotiating an extension with the Rampage (currently under a 1-year deal with an option) as well as their ECHL affiliate in Cincinnati."

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:56 AM
  #112
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr
 
Jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
I think the whole "we want to see of he stays healthy for one year" argument is weak, well couldn't you just do that same experiment in the NHL? If you're injury prone what difference does it make to test it in the NHL or AHL? I guess the rational argument is that we don't want to lose him while he's playing for the big club...ummm, well, yeah injuries are gonna happen and do happen whether you're in the NHL or AHL, Theo and Clemms both had injuries last season I don't see the rational argument..he could play all season in AHL injury free and get injured the 1st game he plays in the NHL so it's just not a valid point in my opinion
Well if Marky is riding the bench, then you will never fully know if he can play the #1 position and stay healthy the entire season..what benefit would their be for him to be sitting on the bench most of the season? You can get a in their 30's like Clemmer to sit and let Marky get even more experience playing the pro game.

We all know Santos said it to the press, but what if Tallon has said the samething behind closed doors about Marky playing another year in the A. I would think they would have talked about it before Santos said anything to the press.

As for us being with the Panthers next season, I don't see why we wouldn't be. Things worked out far better this time around with the Panthers than before. A lot of the guys loved it here, and cared to play for the fans. I know there have been a few players here and there that have played for the fans here but not the entire team.

It is still a long wait till the puck drops for training camp so anything can happen. A lot of things going on behind the scenes for sure that we do not know about. Most of us can only guess, but until it happens that is all we can do.

Hopefully this Panthers-Rampage partnership can contiune for a few more seasons.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 01:45 PM
  #113
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,672
vCash: 500
I'm going to agree with Panteras here, I don't understand the healthy for a season thing. Marky being healthy as the #1 goalie in San Antonio doesn't mean anything. He could very well stay healthy for a season and then get injured the next. He's got like a year left on his contract, right? Let's bring him up.

LUUUUUIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:19 PM
  #114
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
I don't agree with the "let him stay in AHL and be starter, so he gets more playing time". Not for nothing but whether it's injury or not wanting him to ride pine, how will Markstrom (or any goalie for that matter) become a starter in the NHL if he isn't on the NHL team? Doesn't it make more sense that Markstrom becomes backup to Theo next season and slowly take over as #1, then have Markstrom in the minors? Either way he's going to have to be a backup before he starts (unless both goalies get hurt and he's called up to take over, kind or like what happened in Washington) He can get hurt anywhere, so that fact doesn't really make sense. Plus, you never know how the season may go. I mean Theo may be hot and Markstrom is backup,and then Theo gets hurt or gets cold, Markstrom starts and plays lights out.

I trust in Dale and how he will get this ship to run smoothly (with regards to prospects making the jump to the NHL) but why have a prospect like Markstrom, who is ready for the NHL BTW, but keep him in the minors for another season?

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 07:10 PM
  #115
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr
 
Jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Well everyone has their own opinion. Which is great because then debates would be boring as hell.

Apparently Santos saw that Marky needs to work on more things, like I and a few others have seen. The best we can hope for is that Marky works hard in the off season to proves Santos wrong, and ends up as back up for the Panthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12
Doesn't it make more sense that Markstrom becomes backup to Theo next season and slowly take over as #1, then have Markstrom in the minors?
This would work as well, but then again we aren't Tallon or Santos.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
  #116
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Well if Marky is riding the bench, then you will never fully know if he can play the #1 position and stay healthy the entire season..what benefit would their be for him to be sitting on the bench most of the season? You can get a in their 30's like Clemmer to sit and let Marky get even more experience playing the pro game.

We all know Santos said it to the press, but what if Tallon has said the samething behind closed doors about Marky playing another year in the A. I would think they would have talked about it before Santos said anything to the press.

As for us being with the Panthers next season, I don't see why we wouldn't be. Things worked out far better this time around with the Panthers than before. A lot of the guys loved it here, and cared to play for the fans. I know there have been a few players here and there that have played for the fans here but not the entire team.

It is still a long wait till the puck drops for training camp so anything can happen. A lot of things going on behind the scenes for sure that we do not know about. Most of us can only guess, but until it happens that is all we can do.

Hopefully this Panthers-Rampage partnership can contiune for a few more seasons.
Good points only that I don't think Markie would be "riding the bench" much if he comes up...shoot I think he could've had the #1 spot last year had he'd been given the time. Sorry I just don't see how it wouldn't become straight off the bat 1A1B if Markstrom comes and I'm confident he would take it from Theodore.

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 08:05 PM
  #117
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,821
vCash: 500
If Markstrom is kept in the AHL because of injury concerns, it's not for Markstrom's benefit.

It means Tallon/Santos don't feel comfortable with Theodore getting an extended stretch if his 1b/backup goes down for an extended stretch.

__________________




angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:03 AM
  #118
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
If Markstrom is kept in the AHL because of injury concerns, it's not for Markstrom's benefit.

It means Tallon/Santos don't feel comfortable with Theodore getting an extended stretch if his 1b/backup goes down for an extended stretch.
Not sure what you mean. But IMO Theo is only capable of appearing in 50+ games tops so of coarse it's going to be very important that we have a good 1B goalie on our team. Whether its Markstrom or someone else.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 03:18 AM
  #119
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr
 
Jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Not sure what you mean. But IMO Theo is only capable of appearing in 50+ games tops so of coarse it's going to be very important that we have a good 1B goalie on our team. Whether its Markstrom or someone else.
I fully agree with your statement.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
  #120
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Panthers607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov
Tallon also said he's preparing offers for UFAs G Clemmensen and F Sammuelsson #flapanthers #nhl
guess that's evidence enough Mark's in the AHL next season. Bad decision imo.

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:39 PM
  #121
Erick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,978
vCash: 500
I hope we don't give Samuelsson too many years.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 04:52 PM
  #122
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I hope we don't give Samuelsson too many years.
I'd be happy with 1 year. I don't want him for anymore than that. He'd likely decline that offer, which is certainly fine by me.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 09:31 AM
  #123
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I hope we don't give Samuelsson too many years.
That would be impossible. He's too old. He'll only get a 1 or 2 year deal.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 12:24 PM
  #124
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
I'd like to see Sammy, Steeg, and Garry return! IMHO I think Madden,Sturm,Clemmensen,Skille,Wolski, probably Smithinson, and Ellerby can go. I know people like Skille but I really don't see a need for him. Nothing personal but we need more offense and he really doesn't bring it on the score sheet. Smithinson is a question mark really because he's pretty darn good at faceoffs and it was something that was our strong point in the post season. I want Markstrom in instead of Clemmer. Ellerby isn't bad but I'd rather have Petrovic as our #7 and let him get his feet wet in the NHL. I'd really like to see Tallon go after a #1 center. We need a top line guy and adding that kind of talent along with Huberdeau,possibly Howden and/or Bjugstad would really round out our team nicely.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:40 PM
  #125
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,221
vCash: 1876
What's the latest here?

This is total crap to bury this guy in the minors again. I would be pissed if I was him. Healthy or not, the guy has been fantastic since coming to North America. He's ready.

They should bring him up and sign a veteran to start in the AHL, that can be an NHL backup for a stretch if Markstrom or Theo do get hurt.

__________________
Scout based in Western Canada - find me on Twitter:

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.