HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXVII

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Not really surprising because he seems like a ***** but according to Renaud Lavoie, Evander Kane doesn't want to negotiate a new deal with the Jets.

Before someone says it (dmitri!), no we're not trading Duchene for Kane. Just thought I'd post it here.
I'm a fan of both teams and I want to say that I don't want Kane here. He just seems to have a bad attitude and needs to smarten up ASAP.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Not really surprising because he seems like a ***** but according to Renaud Lavoie, Evander Kane doesn't want to negotiate a new deal with the Jets.

Before someone says it (dmitri!), no we're not trading Duchene for Kane. Just thought I'd post it here.
It seems Kane wants a deal that includes free meals, looks like Winnie doesn't want to budge.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

I would love to get Kane on this team, and altough Im definatly part of a small percentage in saying this, I would still be willing to part with Duchene for Kane in the right deal.

If this rumor were true it was decrease Kanes value by a decent amount.

I would do Duchene and Barrie/Elliott for Enstrom and Kane, not sure about you guys or the Jets side, but I would gladly do that.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:08 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
I would love to get Kane on this team, and altough Im definatly part of a small percentage in saying this, I would still be willing to part with Duchene for Kane in the right deal.

I would do Duchene and Barrie/Elliott for Enstrom and Kane, not sure about you guys or the Jets side, but I would gladly do that.
Not me. Avs value character guys. Kane does not strike me as a "character guy". Not to mention it would be disastrous to give up on Duchene this early in his career. Pass 10 times out of 10. While Enstrom would be a great addition... no. No Kane in Colorado.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:09 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Duchene for ...

Quote:
dammit!

Old
06-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post

This is the same Kane that had 4 points more than Duchene until Matt's injury? This is with Duchene playing like **** and out of position? Hmmm Where do I sign?

Old
06-15-2012, 10:46 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
This is the same Kane that had 4 points more than Duchene until Matt's injury? This is with Duchene playing like **** and out of position? Hmmm Where do I sign?
You can sign here: ________

Though if the Avalanche traded Duchene, I would hope they'd target Enstrom instead from the Jets. Contract is a worry, so there would have to be something definitive in terms of an extension or additional compensation (since it would be utterly asinine to lose Duchene for 'nothing' -- relatively and hypothetically speaking).

Old
06-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Duchene > Kane despite the disappointing season. He will bounce back.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:25 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
You can sign here: ________

Though if the Avalanche traded Duchene, I would hope they'd target Enstrom instead from the Jets. Contract is a worry, so there would have to be something definitive in terms of an extension or additional compensation (since it would be utterly asinine to lose Duchene for 'nothing' -- relatively and hypothetically speaking).
Minimum starters for a Duchene to Winnipeg deal is Bogosian + with the + being something like Burmistrov or Scheifele.

I have no interest in Kane as he seems to be the "me first" type player who doesn't give a **** about the team, nor do I have any interest in Enstrom who is not very good defensively, he is a high quality offensive dman and that isn't what we need, we need a shutdown type player.

If you could get Bogo who is 21 and has tons of room to grow and get Burmy or Scheifele I'd probably pull the trigger. We'd still be giving the best player away but we'd get a solid #2 center to compliment Staz and O'Reilly and a quality dman to add to EJ.

I hate to break it to everyone Duchene isn't getting traded unless we receive massive overpayment. Its just funny reading all these comments from people thinking we really might trade Duchene. He had a bad injury riddled year where he kind of butted heads with the coach after 2 years of great hockey...plus the kid is only 21, he's going to have some bumps in the road. And guess what if he continues to butt heads with Sacco, there is a far greater chance we get rid of him than Duchene. Much like the Boudreau situation in Washington where they axed him because he and OV weren't getting along so management axed Bruce instead of trading their franchise player. We didn't draft a guy #3 overall 3 years ago to just give up on him because of one bad/injury plagued season, especially after 2 excellent years prior. You don't just give up on a guy you picked to be your franchise. He is going to be resigned probably for Tavares money/length, and probably this time next year we'll be laughing that we were even having conversations involving trading Duchene because it will seems so asinine.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:27 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Minimum starters for a Duchene to Winnipeg deal is Bogosian + with the + being something like Burmistrov or Scheifele.

I have no interest in Kane as he seems to be the "me first" type player who doesn't give a **** about the team, nor do I have any interest in Enstrom who is not very good defensively, he is a high quality offensive dman and that isn't what we need, we need a shutdown type player.

If you could get Bogo who is 21 and has tons of room to grow and get Burmy or Scheifele I'd probably pull the trigger. We'd still be giving the best player away but we'd get a solid #2 center to compliment Staz and O'Reilly and a quality dman to add to EJ.

I hate to break it to everyone Duchene isn't getting traded unless we receive massive overpayment. Its just funny reading all these comments from people thinking we really might trade Duchene. He had a bad injury riddled year where he kind of butted heads with the coach after 2 years of great hockey...plus the kid is only 21, he's going to have some bumps in the road. And guess what if he continues to butt heads with Sacco, there is a far greater chance we get rid of him than Duchene. Much like the Boudreau situation in Washington where they axed him because he and OV weren't getting along so management axed Bruce instead of trading their franchise player. We didn't draft a guy #3 overall 3 years ago to just give up on him because of one bad/injury plagued season, especially after 2 excellent years prior. You don't just give up on a guy you picked to be your franchise. He is going to be resigned probably for Tavares money/length, and probably this time next year we'll be laughing that we were even having conversations involving trading Duchene because it will seems so asinine.
Since when has Enstrom been anything less than very good defensively?

Old
06-15-2012, 11:49 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
And the Avalanche would have to add significantly.

Quote:
nor do I have any interest in Enstrom who is not very good defensively
Can't say I agree at all on this evaluation.

Quote:
I hate to break it to everyone Duchene isn't getting traded unless we receive massive overpayment.
I think most people realize this. It's being tossed about since it's slow waiting about, but regardless of his on-ice performance, Duchene represents a fan favorite so for marketing reasons alone it makes it significantly more difficult for the organization to trade him. Do I agree with the stance? No, but that's probably reality.

Quote:
He had a bad injury riddled year where he kind of butted heads with the coach after 2 years of great hockey
He had a great rookie season, good first-half of a sophomore season followed by a brutal half, and then was miserable both when healthy and injured (though injuries obviously didn't help) in this last immediate season.

Quote:
And guess what if he continues to butt heads with Sacco, there is a far greater chance we get rid of him than Duchene.
Sacco is not responsible for Duchene's ineffectiveness in the second half of last season, nor for parts of last season when the wing-experiment couldn't be conveniently be blamed for Duchene's struggle. The Avalanche have transitioned from an open-ice system to being more defensively tight. Duchene needs to find a way to adapt. I don't think highly of Sacco but he isn't to blame for everything about this team's struggles. Duchene better start making some progress in his decision making. He is young enough to get some slack but he has a bit of a way to go before comparisons to Tavares are seriously made...

Old
06-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
He had a great rookie season, good first-half of a sophomore season followed by a brutal half, and then was miserable both when healthy and injured (though injuries obviously didn't help) in this last immediate season.
Brutal you say? He had 18 points in the last 2 months of hockey, he had 1 terrible month of February but bounced back with 18 in the last 19GP.

Again, he had a terrible month of hockey but bounced back in November playing his position 12pts in 14GP. December rolled around genius Sacco put him on wing and it was down hill ever since. Duchene shouldn't have been that bad at wing(maybe he is a centerman?) but Sacco deserves some credit for Matt's piss poor play.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:07 AM
NHL33*

Quote:
Brutal you say? He had 18 points in the last 2 months of hockey, he had 1 terrible month of February but bounced back with 18 in the last 19GP.
Yes, he had a bad second half. He had streaks of production but his overall play was severely lacking.

Quote:
Duchene shouldn't have been that bad at wing(maybe he is a centerman?) but Sacco deserves some credit for Matt's piss poor play.
Maybe he is great at neither and should be traded.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Yes, he had a bad second half. He had streaks of production but his overall play was severely lacking.
19 straight games is having streaks of production? I was just impressed he could look good in the 2nd half considering how bad the avs were.

Quote:
Maybe he is great at neither and should be traded.
Outlook not so good.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:47 AM
NHL33*

Quote:
19 straight games is having streaks of production? I was just impressed he could look good in the 2nd half considering how bad the avs were.

Outlook not so good.
Yes, his production is very streaky. His goal scoring is streaking. His playmaking is streaky. His defense needs a ton of work.

The team will try to get him going with some playmaking wings like Mueller, Olver and Downie. We'll see how he progresses. Don't worry, I have made my opinion exceedingly clear over the past several months -- hopefully hindsight will point towards keeping Duchene being a better thing than not and he becomes a great player, not just an adequately 'good enough' one so I can eat massive crow. Sorry if I don't hold my breath too long though.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:31 AM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

We re-signed Bourdeleau 1 year 2 way at $525,000 according to Renaud P Lavoie

Quote:
Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Avalanche Patrick Bordeleau 2012-13 $525 000 (2 way)

Old
06-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Good deal.

As for Kane, he seems like an air-head I wouldn't want him (sorry Dmitri). And whoever said Enstrom isn't good defensively is wrong.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:34 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Good deal.

As for Kane, he seems like an air-head I wouldn't want him (sorry Dmitri). And whoever said Enstrom isn't good defensively is wrong.
I don't know if I really agree with that statement.

When you have a player with the talent of Kane, he's under the microscope more then other players. Kovulchuk wanted out of Atlanta, does that make him any less of a team player for the Devils? I also don't trust all this hearsay, again he's in a Canadian city. Theres more rumours and speculations up here, which can make some players have an undeserved rep.

Now, I wouldn't want Kane for Duchene, but I wouldn't be against if we got him.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:38 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
I don't know if I really agree with that statement.

When you have a player with the talent of Kane, he's under the microscope more then other players. Kovulchuk wanted out of Atlanta, does that make him any less of a team player for the Devils? I also don't trust all this hearsay, again he's in a Canadian city. Theres more rumours and speculations up here, which can make some players have an undeserved rep.

Now, I wouldn't want Kane for Duchene, but I wouldn't be against if we got him.
You could be right, but considering what we would have to give up to get him I'd rather if we don't gamble on him at all.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:25 AM
chet1926

Quote:
And the Avalanche would have to add significantly.

Can't say I agree at all on this evaluation.

I think most people realize this. It's being tossed about since it's slow waiting about, but regardless of his on-ice performance, Duchene represents a fan favorite so for marketing reasons alone it makes it significantly more difficult for the organization to trade him. Do I agree with the stance? No, but that's probably reality.

Sacco is not responsible for Duchene's ineffectiveness in the second half of last season, nor for parts of last season when the wing-experiment couldn't be conveniently be blamed for Duchene's struggle. The Avalanche have transitioned from an open-ice system to being more defensively tight. Duchene needs to find a way to adapt. I don't think highly of Sacco but he isn't to blame for everything about this team's struggles. Duchene better start making some progress in his decision making. He is young enough to get some slack but he has a bit of a way to go before comparisons to Tavares are seriously made...
1. Can't say I agree with you on Duchene's trade worth. In my opinion Duchene is better than any player on the Jets, due to his age and ability. I would expect at least 2 quality players coming from them to complete any trade for Duchene.

2. I feel you haven't watched Enstrom, I never said he was bad as he is a top tier offensive dman, but he'll never be confused as a shutdown type, which is what the Avs need. I wouldn't trade young talent to get him. I'd rather take my chances that he becomes a UFA and go that route if we were interested in him.

3. Duchene being a fan favorite is just one reason he wouldn't be traded, the other being that he probably has the most skill of any player on the team. You don't just trade that away without trying every last possibility to get him going. And like I said next year we'll probably be laughing thinking we were discussing trading him.

4. Duchene had 67pts in his 2nd year. That is pretty darn good for a 20 year old. Some player on our team might never score that many points in a season (O'Reilly, McGinn, Downie)

5. I never said Sacco was causing or responsible for Duchene's struggles, all I said is usually when there is a star player/coach rift usually the coach is axed before the star player. As for the Tavares comparison, I think it was a great comparison. Before last season if you asked me who the better player was I probably would have said Duchene. Obviously Tavares took off last year, and Duchene struggled, but I think Duchene can get to that level he just needs to grow up and grow a pair and get it done.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Ceremony
Just don't forget

vCash: 499
Duchene isn't going anywhere. Nor should he.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post

David Van Der Gulik also re-signed, 1 year 2 way at $575,000

Old
06-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

New thread started since this one is nearing 1000

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1209393

Old
06-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
David Van Der Gulik also re-signed, 1 year 2 way at $575,000
Glad that they re-signed both of them...now we just need to get rid of Porter....

Closed Thread