HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXVII

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
All they need to do is take Weber to arbitration all he'll be protected from offer sheets until that time comes. That gives them extra time to negotiate.
I'm pretty sure Weber has to elect for arbitration this time, isn't there a clause preventing club elected arbitration twice in a row?

Old
05-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
While I have been and still am emphatic that the Preds screwed up BIG time, let's call a spade a spade. They weren't just "a little late," they were out until 4am. And no, they were not just eating dinner. It was without a doubt a selfish and immature display by both players.

That being said, I don't know what in hell the Preds expected from either of these guys. AK's exploits in Montreal are well-documented.

I sure as hell would take a flyer on Rads if he were available, but the chances of him and Sacco getting along are about as slim as Peter Forsberg's ankle making a miraculous recovery.
Well, maybe everything I was told was wrong, but what you said just simply isnt true. They were out eating dinner, and there curfew was 12, they came back at 1. I Highly doubt they were out untill 4Am during the playoffs drinking.

Radulov could be a Top 10 player in the league if he wants to be, I think he needs a full year in the NHL to get use to the game, but I would be all over a chance to bring him to Denver.

EDIT:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...ne/MAG1198348/ They were out eating at an Alchohol free restaurant and returned to the Hotel by 1AM. Really not a big deal, Nashville screwed up big time.

Last edited by Pierce Hawthorne: 05-20-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old
05-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Well, maybe everything I was told was wrong, but what you said just simply isnt true. They were out eating dinner, and there curfew was 12, they came back at 1. I Highly doubt they were out untill 4Am during the playoffs drinking.

Radulov could be a Top 10 player in the league if he wants to be, I think he needs a full year in the NHL to get use to the game, but I would be all over a chance to bring him to Denver.

EDIT:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...ne/MAG1198348/ They were out eating at an Alchohol free restaurant and returned to the Hotel by 1AM. Really not a big deal, Nashville screwed up big time.
Fair enough, I read it was 4am and they were doing plenty of carousing. Regardless, if a team wants to run a ship that tight, they shouldn't acquire/re-acquire players of that ilk.

Old
05-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Fair enough, I read it was 4am and they were doing plenty of carousing. Regardless, if a team wants to run a ship that tight, they shouldn't acquire/re-acquire players of that ilk.
Yup, I guess radulov wouldnt fit in with the Avs that well either, since they are similar to the Preds, but if we could get him for cheap I think we have to take it.

The Preds made a HUGE mistake there though, way to tight a ship.

Old
05-20-2012, 12:07 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yup, I guess radulov wouldnt fit in with the Avs that well either, since they are similar to the Preds, but if we could get him for cheap I think we have to take it.

theres no way we can get radulov cheap, thats one of the main reason's he bolted anyways, and if he doesnt get a contract around 4.5 up, imo, he'll go back to the khl.

Old
05-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:

How are Avs similar to Preds? You mean we have strict rules for drinking or something? Or are you talking about team? We have great offense, but our defense sucks, Preds have great defense, but average offense at best.

Old
05-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
theres no way we can get radulov cheap, thats one of the main reason's he bolted anyways, and if he doesnt get a contract around 4.5 up, imo, he'll go back to the khl.
Radulov would be great for us, hopefully Varly can lure him in. I'd pay 4,5 million to get him for sure.

Old
05-20-2012, 12:57 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Radulov would be great for us, hopefully Varly can lure him in. I'd pay 4,5 million to get him for sure.
i'd rather pay jones 3.5 and know what im getting from him

Old
05-20-2012, 01:41 PM
jaems

Quote:
How are Avs similar to Preds? You mean we have strict rules for drinking or something? Or are you talking about team? We have great offense, but our defense sucks, Preds have great defense, but average offense at best.
Interestingly enough, reading the final tally's make it seem like that the Avs statistically had an average defense and below average offense. Our goalies had below average stats (SV%, GAA) compared to the rest of the other goalies, yet our total GA was 16th in the league. Regarding goals scored, we were in the bottom sixth of the league.

Old
05-20-2012, 01:56 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Really? Pay 3.5m for a 15-25 streaky goal scorer who goes invisible at times?

I'd rather take a chance at Radulov than keep Jones if we could sign him for 4.5m on a short contract. Radulov has potential to be a 30-40 goal scorer, he has way more talent than Jones.

Old
05-20-2012, 02:08 PM
cgf

Quote:
You know what you're getting out of Radulov to and it's a lot more than Jones.

Old
05-20-2012, 02:11 PM
cgf

Plus Rads would be a great fit with any of our Centers. He's become more of a playmaker and so would fit right in next to Mueller and Duchene, he's physical, fast and a hard worker who'd fit in next to Radar and Lando for the most beastly third line ever, and he'd be a great fit next to Staz and McGinn as he can set Ginner up around the net and hammer home Staz' passes when they're not to McG.

Old
05-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:

What the hell kind of restaurant were they at that was alcohol free? McDonalds? I've never even heard of a sit down restaurant that doesn't serve booze. Even Denny's serves beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
You know what you're getting out of Radulov to and it's a lot more than Jones.
You don't know what you're getting. He hasn't played a full NHL season in five years. A lot of issues on and off the ice can happen to bring about inconsistency or personality clashes in that time.

Old
05-20-2012, 02:55 PM
cgf

Rads may not fit personality wise, but that's why it's important for the team to talk to him before committing. What he brings on the ice is much more certain than what Jones brings.

Old
05-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Rads may not fit personality wise, but that's why it's important for the team to talk to him before committing. What he brings on the ice is much more certain than what Jones brings.
Except that off ice issues affect on ice play all the time. We haven't seen how he handles a full NHL season in five years.

Overreaction or not, he didn't handle his brief stint very well with the Preds this year. That was my point.

Old
05-20-2012, 03:07 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Except that off ice issues affect on ice play all the time. We haven't seen how he handles a full NHL season in five years.

Overreaction or not, he didn't handle his brief stint very well with the Preds this year. That was my point.
I thought he did, he came over in the middle of the season and was able to step in and be their best forward. Being an hour late for curfew is a dumb mistake, but I think Nashville's over-reaction was a bigger mistake and letting their mistake taint our view of him would also be a mistake...mistake...

Last edited by cgf: 05-20-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old
05-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

If the Caps don't take our 2nd this year I would love to package those two picks and move up to about 20-25 and take Koekkoek, Kerdiles, Samuelsson, or even Pouliot.

Old
05-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
I dont mean similar in Player abilities or Team stats, I mean similar in that the Avs generally go after the Character guys, and try to avoid the Radulovs and the Semins of the league, and Nashville IMO is similar. The fact that they suspended Rads and AK for 2 games for breaking curfew shows that the value character guys, and dont like people stepping out of line.

Old
05-20-2012, 07:41 PM
PAZ

Quote:
I dont mean similar in Player abilities or Team stats, I mean similar in that the Avs generally go after the Character guys, and try to avoid the Radulovs and the Semins of the league, and Nashville IMO is similar. The fact that they suspended Rads and AK for 2 games for breaking curfew shows that the value character guys, and dont like people stepping out of line.
The Reward outweighs the risk if we sign Radulov. Best case scenario he becomes a 30-40 goal scorer and buys into the team motto. Worst case scenario he's unmotivated, locker room cancer and we trade him. Regardless of his work ethnic, some team will want him. I mean look at Wolski, he's still playing and he floats 95% of the time.

Old
05-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Barklez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
If the Caps don't take our 2nd this year I would love to package those two picks and move up to about 20-25 and take Koekkoek, Kerdiles, Samuelsson, or even Pouliot.
Thought it was either Boston's 2nd this year or ours in 2013... and I'd rather sit where we are and pick up Thrower and continue to assemble the Colorado chapter of the Saskatoon Blades.

Old
05-20-2012, 07:55 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barklez View Post
Thought it was either Boston's 2nd this year or ours in 2013... and I'd rather sit where we are and pick up Thrower and continue to assemble the Colorado chapter of the Saskatoon Blades.
You're correct, it's either Boston's 2nd this year, or the Avs' 2nd next year.

Either way, I don't know how I feel about the Avs trading up, but ultimately if they did, I would have to be fine with it. The Avs' scouts are phenomenal, so if they did trade up to get someone, then that would mean that they've identified someone who should be a good player.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
The Reward outweighs the risk if we sign Radulov. Best case scenario he becomes a 30-40 goal scorer and buys into the team motto. Worst case scenario he's unmotivated, locker room cancer and we trade him. Regardless of his work ethnic, some team will want him. I mean look at Wolski, he's still playing and he floats 95% of the time.
I agree, if we can get his right from Nashville for something small, I would be all for signing him to a 2-3 year deal at say 5M per. As you said, best case scenario he he works out his off ice issues, buys into the teams system and work ethic, and becomes a 40 Goal, 80 point guy for us, worse case scenario is he doesnt buy into the system and work ethic, but is still probably a 25 goal scorer, and we trade him because a guy like him will be wanter, and will warrant a nice return if he doesnt work out.

IMO its hard for us to lose if we get Radulov, even if he doesnt change his off ice mindset, he's still capable of scoring 25-30 goals playing with Stastny or Duchene, and if his attitude is that bad that we cant keep him around, we can trade him for a decent return.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:05 PM
jaems

Dater: "So what I believe to be the truth about the Avalanche’s assistant coaches, Sylvain Lefebvre and Adam Deadmarsh is: they’ll both be back under Joe Sacco."

Great I guess?

Old
05-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
I agree, if we can get his right from Nashville for something small, I would be all for signing him to a 2-3 year deal at say 5M per. As you said, best case scenario he he works out his off ice issues, buys into the teams system and work ethic, and becomes a 40 Goal, 80 point guy for us, worse case scenario is he doesnt buy into the system and work ethic, but is still probably a 25 goal scorer, and we trade him because a guy like him will be wanter, and will warrant a nice return if he doesnt work out.

IMO its hard for us to lose if we get Radulov, even if he doesnt change his off ice mindset, he's still capable of scoring 25-30 goals playing with Stastny or Duchene, and if his attitude is that bad that we cant keep him around, we can trade him for a decent return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
If he doesn't become that 25-30 goal guy, and continues to show character, and work ethic issues, what team do you think will want him at $5 M per? Some teams will take a chance on you if you've shown this with your first team, but not twice.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
If he doesn't become that 25-30 goal guy, and continues to show character, and work ethic issues, what team do you think will want him at $5 M per? Some teams will take a chance on you if you've shown this with your first team, but not twice.
There are always teams that are desperate for goal scoring, and a guy like Radulov will provide that goal scoring. There are also teams out there that dont value the attitude and work ethic quite as much as the Avs and Preds. So while he may not be giving the effort the Avs want, and his attitude might not be great, there are probably teams out there who are willing to take on the little bit of attitude to get a 25-30 goal scorer.

And for what its worth, I actually dont think Radulovs attitude is all that bad, I mean they were only out for supper and came back an hour late, its not that bad. And he and AK handled the situation very well IMO, neither of them said anything and both understood what they did wrong and knew they screwed up.

I think Radulov is sort of in the same situation as Semin, theyre kind of unfairly judged because of 1 or 2 small incidents and the fact that they are Russian.

Whatever team Radulov ends up on next year, I excpect him to be a very good player for them, and after next year his attitude and work ethic wont be in question any more.

Closed Thread