HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who's a better player: Saku Koivu or Tuomo Ruutu?

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
You can't say "If Koivu had a great winger". Great centre's are able to pad the stats of their wingers, such as Forsberg, Thornton, etc.
I'd take Hejduk, Tanguay, Samsonov, or Murray anyday over Brian Savage, Jan Bulis, nik Sundstrom, donald audette or any other players that saku has been playing the majority of his career with

Koivu does have the ability to make players around him better.... but with players that he has played with, you can only go so far.

Old
12-18-2004, 07:16 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Huh? Martin Rucinsky clearly had his best years playing with Vinnie Damphousse.
True, sorry. The argument is still right about Petrov and Savage though. I mean OLEG PETROV.

Old
12-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
He's still considered the best player in finland even in front of Kurri and selanne.
I had to stop and "lol" at that. Healthy or not, he doesn't even come close to Kurri or Selanne.

Overall, Koivu may still be ahead of Ruutu, but even at the moment, Ruutu can take over a game like Koivu can't. That's why every blind Habs fan is stuck talking about Koivu not having great wingers, but if he was an "elite" player he could take over a game all by himself. Fact is, he can't.

Old
12-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
I guess that's the difference between you and me. I expect him to give whatever % it takes to win.
I expect him to give whatever % to win the most GAMES in a season. To me that's > than the 30 or so wins he contributes to a year.

S L

Old
12-18-2004, 09:27 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Overall, Koivu may still be ahead of Ruutu, but even at the moment, Ruutu can take over a game like Koivu can't. That's why every blind Habs fan is stuck talking about Koivu not having great wingers, but if he was an "elite" player he could take over a game all by himself. Fact is, he can't.
Control a game, maybe not. But then again, VERY few players can completely control a game, contrary to what you seem to be implying.

Saku can, however, completely turn the tide of a game with his heart and determination. He inspires his teammates and the fans to keep it up and we have won many games when it looked bleak because of his will to win.

I don't know about you, but I can't name very many players that can do that.

Old
12-18-2004, 09:28 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
I expect him to give whatever % to win the most GAMES in a season. To me that's > than the 30 or so wins he contributes to a year.

S L
With every post, it becomes increasingly obvious that you don't know what you are talking about.

Old
12-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
With every post, it becomes increasingly obvious that you don't know what you are talking about.
With every post, it becomes increasingly obvious that your responses consist exclusively of cliches, empty platitudes, or non-sequitors.

S L

Old
12-18-2004, 11:58 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
blah blah some bs
Whatever you say, Steven.

Old
12-19-2004, 03:57 AM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Whatever you say, Steven.
Sorry dude, I can't compete with outright fabrication.

S L

Old
12-19-2004, 07:51 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
J'ai pas dis n'importe quoi. Je t'ai dis les faits. Tu peux continuer à les ignorer pis t'imaginer que Koivu est "élite" dans presque toutes les catégories si toi et ton chum markov aimez vivre dans l'ignorance la plus totale.
Regarde encore... Tu penses que tu connais tout. Excuse-moi, mais tu te prends VRAIMENT pour un autre.

Old
12-19-2004, 03:48 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
Regarde encore... Tu penses que tu connais tout. Excuse-moi, mais tu te prends VRAIMENT pour un autre.
C'est facile de dire ca quand c'est toi qui invente des affaires. Continue de même! Dis moi surtout pas où j'ai tort! Bravo, t'as juste l'air de plus en plus con

Old
12-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Spooky371*

Actually, its Saku.
It's a crazy playmaker and a good leader.

But, in 4-5 years...

Old
12-19-2004, 08:22 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
C'est facile de dire ca quand c'est toi qui invente des affaires. Continue de même! Dis moi surtout pas où j'ai tort! Bravo, t'as juste l'air de plus en plus con
bon.... Je vais te poser deux questions :

Est-ce que c'était nécessaire de me dire que j'ai l'aire con?
Est-ce que tu penses vraiment que je suis un con?

Écoute bien ça, tu exprimes ton opinion sur un forum de discussion et après tu viens dire que tu dis les faits... Moi je trouve que c'est pousser un peu fort. Si c'était la première fois que je te voyais agir ainsi, je penserais pas que tu te prends pour un autre. Mais c'est le genre d'attitude que tu as depuis fort longtemps... Je viens de relire le sujet au complet. Bon, j'ai peut-être beurrer épais, mais tu sembles sous-estimer Saku un "p'ti brin".

"Pretty much the only skill where he's got close to elite talent is passing." -- C'est là où je penses que tu as tord. Si Saku n'est pas un passeur d'élite, y'as combien de joueurs dans le ligue qui le sont?

Moi je trouve que tu penses trop que TON opinion c'est la vérité. À part ça j'ai toujours dis que j'appréciais tes commentaires. Pourquoi faut toujours que tu essaies de te montrer supérieur (tu le fais juste deux fois dans ce thread)?

Closed Thread