HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Other Sports Thread XIII

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2012, 07:27 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I'm trying not to get too excited about David Dahl, but he looks great. Our Mike Trout

I love our position players, but I don't have much hope for our pitchers.
I wouldn't get too far ahead of us Dahl is playing real well in the rookie league, but Trout is just one of those phenoms. I project Dahl as more of a prime Grady Sizemore type, maybe with slightly less power. I project something like 35 doubles, 10 triples, 15-20 HRs

The prospect I'm most interested in is Kyle Parker. He has kind of turned the corner this 2nd half. He could be our next Matt Holliday. Average defense, but a solid power bat from the right side. Parker probably won't hit for the high average that Holliday does but I could see Parker being a 30HR .285 ave hitter.

Old
08-28-2012, 08:01 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I wouldn't get too far ahead of us Dahl is playing real well in the rookie league, but Trout is just one of those phenoms. I project Dahl as more of a prime Grady Sizemore type, maybe with slightly less power. I project something like 35 doubles, 10 triples, 15-20 HRs

The prospect I'm most interested in is Kyle Parker. He has kind of turned the corner this 2nd half. He could be our next Matt Holliday. Average defense, but a solid power bat from the right side. Parker probably won't hit for the high average that Holliday does but I could see Parker being a 30HR .285 ave hitter.
That's why I had the smiley at the end Their numbers are similar in their 1st season in pro ball though, excited to have him in our system. Reading the scouting reports, his defense is very good as well.

Seems like Tim Wheeler hasn't regained his power after starting the season injured.

Old
08-28-2012, 11:38 PM
chet1926

Quote:
That's why I had the smiley at the end Their numbers are similar in their 1st season in pro ball though, excited to have him in our system. Reading the scouting reports, his defense is very good as well.

Seems like Tim Wheeler hasn't regained his power after starting the season injured.
I figured as much. But Dahl is tearing it up in the Pioneer League. To put it in perspective Dahl is hitting .377, 20 2B, 10 3B, 6 HRs, 53 RBI, OPS 1.031, compare that to Trevor Story who is widely considered one of our top prospects his stats last year in the pioneer league were .268, 8 2B, 6 3B, 6 HRs, 28 RBI, OPS .799. Granted Story had far fewer ABs but in my opinion that makes what Dahl is doing even more impressive. I'm very pleased with this draft pick so far.

The Rockies seem to be pretty good at developing hitting prospects. Maybe they need to take a new approach to the draft and load up on hitting prospects, then once they develop trade them for already developed pitchers because the Rockies can't seem to develop a pitcher to save their lives.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:11 AM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

vCash: 50
Wow so Andrew Strauss steps down and retires from professional cricket. Anyone? No? ok

Old
08-29-2012, 10:55 AM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCalderHero View Post
Wow so Andrew Strauss steps down and retires from professional cricket. Anyone? No? ok
Who?

Old
08-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Professional what?

Old
08-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
I'd love to see Dahl in center someday. Fowler is still not good enough hitting on the road.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:23 AM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Professional what?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

Its like baseball but better and takes 5 days

Old
08-29-2012, 02:37 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
A half yorker if there ever was one, his agricultural shot was as posh as an articulated lorry full of blackcurrents, never a pie chucker but oft a shepherd of the strike who would sooner perish than have a golden duck and never one to settle for a drawn stump. I'd bet the old red cherry ought to be a sticky wicket for this trundler; you'd never tell him to put paid to his wafting and sod off.

Old
08-29-2012, 02:48 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Professional what?
It's a WAY better version of baseball, but the scoring system is so retarded that I don't really follow it.

An amazing sport you guys should follow is Gaelic football
Here is a video of it.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post

I would be amazed if Parker hits .285 at the major level. That's lofty territory. I think he'll be like .275.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I'm sorry but I gotta laugh at you guys putting all these lofty expectations on these rookies for the Rockies. They market these below average prospects to you guys every year, and every year you take the bait.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:28 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I'm sorry but I gotta laugh at you guys putting all these lofty expectations on these rookies for the Rockies. They market these below average prospects to you guys every year, and every year you take the bait.

Lol what?

Old
08-29-2012, 05:34 PM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
A half yorker if there ever was one, his agricultural shot was as posh as an articulated lorry full of blackcurrents, never a pie chucker but oft a shepherd of the strike who would sooner perish than have a golden duck and never one to settle for a drawn stump. I'd bet the old red cherry ought to be a sticky wicket for this trundler; you'd never tell him to put paid to his wafting and sod off.
Quite so

Old
08-29-2012, 07:01 PM
JWK
Missing Mueller

So happy PRich decided to redshirt instead of playing this year.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Might as well I guess, he alone won't be the difference in that many games on a bad team.

Old
08-29-2012, 08:52 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post

Come again?

Old
08-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

103 yard return by Omar Bolden.

Indeed!

Old
08-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
CU needs to get me on this team. Andre Luck 2.0 right herr

Old
08-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Adam Weber waived.

As much as I hate it, I am glad they did it. I guess they want Hanie as the vet backup (which I don't agree with) but I am glad they are waiving Weber early so he can get a chance. I think he has real potential to be a backup in this league.

Old
08-31-2012, 11:13 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Adam Weber waived.

As much as I hate it, I am glad they did it. I guess they want Hanie as the vet backup (which I don't agree with) but I am glad they are waiving Weber early so he can get a chance. I think he has real potential to be a backup in this league.
I don't understand why so many people think Weber is such a solid QB. He's never played against any competition. The only snaps he has ever received are against other 3rd stringers, so impossible to tell if he is any good or if the players he is playing against are not very good. Plus every time he goes out there, it not like he is tearing it up. Sure he has made some plays but every QB in the same position has made good plays here and there.

I will be shocked if Weber ever makes it as a backup QB, he might get a shot maybe even in Denver after Manning retires, but there are tons of QBs just like him, star at college, but not quite good enough for the Pros.

In all likelihood Weber will end up on our practice squad this year, and there will be no threat of him getting plucked by another team. Then next season Hanie will be gone and Weber might get 3rd string duty here behind Manning and Osweiler.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:33 AM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Duchene rooting for the Buffs, smart man.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Landeslog

Quote:
Duchene rooting for the Buffs, smart man.
After last year Landeskog was dethroning him as my favorite player. But after the go buffs and the Colorado is the best state tweets he's back.

Too bad rams fans never show up

Old
09-01-2012, 11:46 AM
JWK
Missing Mueller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
After last year Landeskog was dethroning him as my favorite player. But after the go buffs and the Colorado is the best state tweets he's back.

Too bad rams fans never show up
They should move the games back to campuses, no one likes going to Invesco/Sports Authority field. I doubt Bohn would do anything though, he's terrible at scheduling games.

Old
09-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Landeslog

Quote:
They should move the games back to campuses, no one likes going to Invesco/Sports Authority field. I doubt Bohn would do anything though, he's terrible at scheduling games.
Yeah I never went to the Invesco games. But the one that was at Folsom while I was there was awesome.

Too bad CSU's stadium sucks so bad, though.

Closed Thread