HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XIII

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Rhaego

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Lol he wasn't the problem.
Dude couldn't hit anyone (not that our wideouts were any good). This isn't Embree's fault either. His recruiting has been good, but there not ready.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

He played fine before he started getting hit every single down.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:24 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Dude couldn't hit anyone (not that our wideouts were any good). This isn't Embree's fault either. His recruiting has been good, but there not ready.
He wasn't the problem, when the OL can't pass nor run block, you have to look at them. His WRs didn't help him at all either with dropped passes.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Rhaego

I'm beefing up to 200 and walking on next year. I feel like the players we have starting are brain dead

Old
09-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
He wasn't the problem, when the OL can't pass nor run block, you have to look at them. His WRs didn't help him at all either with dropped passes.
No doubt buy he's not a good quarterback. He tried to hit 87 on a streak like 3 times at the end of the game and was bad each time

Old
09-01-2012, 10:29 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
No doubt buy he's not a good quarterback. He tried to hit 87 on a streak like 3 times at the end of the game and was bad each time
Seems like it was a miscommunication with he and McCulloch, something that needs to be fixed. Hard to say he's not a good QB with the "help" he got though. Not trying to make excuses for him, but it's hard to do anything positive when the defense knows you're not running the ball and OL getting pushed back every snap.

Old
09-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
CU needs at least 3-4 years before you can judge Embree and these players.

Old
09-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
CU needs at least 3-4 years before you can judge Embree and these players.
For me personally I wasn't going to judge the success of turning the program around until year three. I stick by that. However, if CU continues to lose to programs like CSU next season then I will start to wonder if another coaching search should begin.

Old
09-03-2012, 09:56 AM
chet1926

CU is freaking awful and has been for years. No offense to CSU supporters but CU/Pac-12 teams should maybe lose only 1 out of 20 games to Mountain West teams not named Boise State (who really shouldn't be in that conference). And the games shouldn't be that close either. I'm talking like multiple touchdown wins, not little fingernail squeakers.

With this loss I'll be shocked if CU wins 2 games. There best chances are against Sac State. and Fresno. After that the actual Pac-12 games are going to be tough. If CU can't establish the run against CSU how do you think they will do it against a real team like USC or even a middle of the road team like ASU? They won't and they will get killed, because only CU would think it was a good idea to rely on a QB who had started 19 games and had a career record of 5-14.

CU is a joke. They have not made any improvements, and its going to be another long year. Followed by another long year. Then Embree will probably be fired and they'll bring in another coach that supposed to bring CU back to glory but it won't happen. Its really disappointing to see the program McCartney built crumble to pieces with no end in sight. The biggest disappointment for me is overall lack of effort. I can tolerate a loss if the team goes out and gives 110%, and the other team was just better. What can't deal was what the Buffs put forth against CSU. I'd give them maybe 70% effort, which is real sad considering its a rival game. It like they didn't think they had to put effort in to win, and they could just coast and CSU would give it to them. And honestly this falls on the coaches.

Last edited by chet1926: 09-03-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old
09-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
CU is freaking awful and has been for years. No offense to CSU supporters but CU/Pac-12 teams should maybe lose only 1 out of 20 games to Mountain West teams not named Boise State (who really shouldn't be in that conference). And the games shouldn't be that close either. I'm talking like multiple touchdown wins, not little fingernail squeakers.

With this loss I'll be shocked if CU wins 2 games. There best chances are against Sac State. and Fresno. After that the actual Pac-12 games are going to be tough. If CU can't establish the run against CSU how do you think they will do it against a real team like USC or even a middle of the road team like ASU? They won't and they will get killed, because only CU would think it was a good idea to rely on a QB who had started 19 games and had a career record of 5-14.

CU is a joke. They have not made any improvements, and its going to be another long year. Followed by another long year. Then Embree will probably be fired and they'll bring in another coach that supposed to bring CU back to glory but it won't happen. Its really disappointing to see the program McCartney built crumble to pieces with no end in sight. The biggest disappointment for me is overall lack of effort. I can tolerate a loss if the team goes out and gives 110%, and the other team was just better. What can't deal was what the Buffs put forth against CSU. I'd give them maybe 70% effort, which is real sad considering its a rival game. It like they didn't think they had to put effort in to win, and they could just coast and CSU would give it to them. And honestly this falls on the coaches.
Judging quarterbacks by their win-loss record is a terrible way to evaluate them. Just as it is with pitchers and goaltenders.

This isn't a rivalry game to CU, just CSU.

Old
09-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
McCartney's success had to do more with Gordon Gee than Bill McCartney.

A good college sports program is built from the top down, not the other way around. There's all kinds of programs out there that "bend the rules" a bit to allow for a sports program to be a priority at a university.

Simply put, I don't think the CU leadership really cares all that much about the football program, and after what happened with the whole scandal I think integrity is their priority over football. That puts them at a disadvantage to a lot of their competitors.

Old
09-03-2012, 04:41 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
Judging quarterbacks by their win-loss record is a terrible way to evaluate them. Just as it is with pitchers and goaltenders.

This isn't a rivalry game to CU, just CSU.
Unfortunately at the college level wins and losses is an alright way to judge a QB. You are either a winner who will take over when the team isn't playing well or a loser who ducks their tail and runs, and Webb is the later (or at least thats how he played Saturday). He played like a loser in the 2nd half yesterday, much like most of his teammates. The kids on the CU team are used to losing and they seem to be ok with it. In my opinion it seems CU has become ok with losing, and that is not a good thing.

I'm not going to claim to care much about CU or CSU or if it a rivalry or not, I'm not a big fan of either team. But in my opinion if CSU treats this game as a rivalry shouldn't CU treat it as such? Maybe thats why CU consistently has close games with an inferior team. You don't see teams like Alabama squeaking one out against Alabama St or like LSU scraping by Louisiana Lafayette. Those teams beat down there in-state competition and don't give them hope that they can win next year. That's what CU should do to CSU every year. Maybe if CU isn't going to treat this like a big game, they shouldn't schedule the game any more and just play someone else.

Old
09-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Anyone that watched the entertaining final round with McIlroy, Oosthuizen (and Woods) battling out at the Deutsche Bank Championship?

Old
09-04-2012, 07:00 AM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

Epic. The guy has to use a stick to balance then pulls that shot off.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Unfortunately at the college level wins and losses is an alright way to judge a QB. You are either a winner who will take over when the team isn't playing well or a loser who ducks their tail and runs, and Webb is the later (or at least thats how he played Saturday). He played like a loser in the 2nd half yesterday, much like most of his teammates. The kids on the CU team are used to losing and they seem to be ok with it. In my opinion it seems CU has become ok with losing, and that is not a good thing.

I'm not going to claim to care much about CU or CSU or if it a rivalry or not, I'm not a big fan of either team. But in my opinion if CSU treats this game as a rivalry shouldn't CU treat it as such? Maybe thats why CU consistently has close games with an inferior team. You don't see teams like Alabama squeaking one out against Alabama St or like LSU scraping by Louisiana Lafayette. Those teams beat down there in-state competition and don't give them hope that they can win next year. That's what CU should do to CSU every year. Maybe if CU isn't going to treat this like a big game, they shouldn't schedule the game any more and just play someone else.
Watched the game again. I hate to call out players individually, but I will be disappointed if I ever see Nick Kasa on game day again. I think I counted three times that he let a guy simply walk to the qb.

It was honestly one of the worst jobs I've ever seen at the d-1 level.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Also, not to start it up already, but Derrick Webb will play and probably start on Sundays. I've stated this before and I will keep saying it, he is a player.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Well, there's basketball season to look forward to. With Josh Scott, Xavier Johnson, and Wesley Gordon on campus, Tad Boyle gets another quality player in Jaron Hopkins. #1 player out of Arizona.

Old
09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Tad is a God. My fear its that he will leave for a top program.

Old
09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Tad is a God. My fear its that he will leave for a top program.
I'm not worried, Kansas is the only team I think he'll go if the job opens in the next 3 years or so. He said no to A&M, Kansas State, Nebraska, etc. He knows CU doesn't have the money yet, it'll be there once the Pac12 money keeps on coming in.

Old
09-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Watched the game again. I hate to call out players individually, but I will be disappointed if I ever see Nick Kasa on game day again. I think I counted three times that he let a guy simply walk to the qb.

It was honestly one of the worst jobs I've ever seen at the d-1 level.
Four star Hawkins recruit...at defensive end. CU needs to recruit some tight ends. Maybe one of the freshmen will step up.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
Four star Hawkins recruit...at defensive end. CU needs to recruit some tight ends. Maybe one of the freshmen will step up.
Kasa played for my HS's rival and everyone raved about how great he was. I believe Scout had him as a 5* player, too bad it never worked out here. He decommitted from Florida because he wanted to play DE (Meyer wanted him as a TE).

I think Austin Ray can be good at TE. We also got Mitchell Parsons, a 4* TE from Chapparal HS.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:19 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Did the NBA have any form of training camp or preseason after the lockout?

Old
09-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Rhaego

Thank god I over slept for this game

Old
09-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Quote: