HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-22-2012, 06:58 PM
  #801
Landeslog
Registered User
 
Landeslog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,425
vCash: 500
WE WON A GAME! Whaaaat! Didn't think we would get one!

Landeslog is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 06:59 PM
  #802
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills
 
madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Steamboat Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
Wow, totally different team today.

madman is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 07:00 PM
  #803
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Time to rage

Rhaego is offline  
Old
09-22-2012, 08:20 PM
  #804
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 13,035
vCash: 50
What? No one else is at the Keg watching our volleyball team?

Yea I'm not there either


Last edited by JWK: 09-22-2012 at 08:27 PM.
JWK is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 03:25 PM
  #805
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,182
vCash: 844
What a final 18 seconds of regulation in the Detroit/Tennesee game!

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 03:29 PM
  #806
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 13,035
vCash: 50
****ing Chiefs, you decide to give the ball to Charles now? I started some ****** players this week, Peyton Hillis, Mike Williams x2, Brandon LaFell, CJ Spiller, Coby Fleener.

JWK is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 03:31 PM
  #807
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,182
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
****ing Chiefs, you decide to give the ball to Charles now? I started some ****** players this week, Peyton Hillis, Mike Williams x2, Brandon LaFell, CJ Spiller, Coby Fleener.
Hey...no one is going to fault you for starting Spiller this week, no one could have forseen his injury and he was the NFL's leading rusher.

I too sat Charles in favor of Spiller this week.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 03:43 PM
  #808
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 13,035
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Hey...no one is going to fault you for starting Spiller this week, no one could have forseen his injury and he was the NFL's leading rusher.

I too sat Charles in favor of Spiller this week.
I like to play matchups for D/ST, however everytime I start the team's D/ST, their opponent scores like 35+ a game

JWK is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 03:50 PM
  #809
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,182
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I like to play matchups for D/ST, however everytime I start the team's D/ST, their opponent scores like 35+ a game
Yeah, but no matter your logic behind sitting Charles for Spiller, it was a good decision, with hindsight always being 20/20 it may not look good.

But again, with the knowledge that the Chiefs held out Charles last week because of him getting his surgically repaired knee dinged up, and with Spiller emerging as a special RB talent, the call was correct.

In my first week I sat AP because I didn't know how much he would actually play...then of course he rushes for 84 yards and 2 TD's

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 03:55 PM
  #810
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 13,035
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Yeah, but no matter your logic behind sitting Charles for Spiller, it was a good decision, with hindsight always being 20/20 it may not look good.

But again, with the knowledge that the Chiefs held out Charles last week because of him getting his surgically repaired knee dinged up, and with Spiller emerging as a special RB talent, the call was correct.

In my first week I sat AP because I didn't know how much he would actually play...then of course he rushes for 84 yards and 2 TD's
I was actually talking about something else. I've moved on from that topic. Like starting D/ST, I started Browns D/ST this week because they played the Bills and also started Redskins D/ST because they were playing Bengals. Both failed for me

I didn't mean to put Spiller and ****** in the same sentence.

JWK is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 03:59 PM
  #811
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund
 
Kschey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
I'm just starting to get into football but come on that broncos defense is pathetic, isn't it?

Kschey is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:03 PM
  #812
Landeslog
Registered User
 
Landeslog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
I'm just starting to get into football but come on that broncos defense is pathetic, isn't it?
Our defense is actually alright. They haven't got a good start, though.
And they can't stop the run game which is Houston's specialty

Landeslog is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:07 PM
  #813
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,182
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I was actually talking about something else. I've moved on from that topic. Like starting D/ST, I started Browns D/ST this week because they played the Bills and also started Redskins D/ST because they were playing Bengals. Both failed for me

I didn't mean to put Spiller and ****** in the same sentence.
My mistake then.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:19 PM
  #814
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund
 
Kschey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
Our defense is actually alright. They haven't got a good start, though.
And they can't stop the run game which is Houston's specialty
As I said, I don't know a lot about football but I've seen a few games here and then and I've never seen a team receive so many long passes that easily as the Texans today and the falcons a few days ago. Looks poor to me.

Kschey is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:19 PM
  #815
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,842
vCash: 500
looks like the Texans are a good team

WarriorOfGandhi is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:24 PM
  #816
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
looks like the Texans are a good team
We're making them look good, they aren't this good. 2 bone-headed plays by safeties leading to 2 long TD passes, doesn't make a team good.

Offense needs to step up and make some plays.

chet1926 is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:37 PM
  #817
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 13,035
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
We're making them look good, they aren't this good. 2 bone-headed plays by safeties leading to 2 long TD passes, doesn't make a team good.

Offense needs to step up and make some plays.
Texans are the best team in the AFC, they are this good.

JWK is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 04:48 PM
  #818
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Texans are the best team in the AFC, they are this good.
How can you call anyone the best team in the league after just 2 games? Especially since the only teams they've played so far are widely considered 2 of the worst teams in the league.

We have made some just miserable defensive plays on defense making them look like world beaters. And if we'd stop shooting ourselves in the foot on offense it'd be a one score game.

Plus I'm also one of those people who doesn't think the Broncos are all that good, if Manning plays poorly so do we. We're not talented enough to a Superbowl team like so many think.

chet1926 is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 05:01 PM
  #819
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 13,035
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
How can you call anyone the best team in the league after just 2 games? Especially since the only teams they've played so far are widely considered 2 of the worst teams in the league.

We have made some just miserable defensive plays on defense making them look like world beaters. And if we'd stop shooting ourselves in the foot on offense it'd be a one score game.

Plus I'm also one of those people who doesn't think the Broncos are all that good, if Manning plays poorly so do we. We're not talented enough to a Superbowl team like so many think.
I thought they were one of the best teams last year and they have improved from this past year. You could argue they have one of the best defense in the NFL.

JWK is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 05:12 PM
  #820
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I thought they were one of the best teams last year and they have improved from this past year. You could argue they have one of the best defense in the NFL.
I guess my point is who cares about last year, all that matters is this year and its been 2 or 3 games. Look at San Fran everyone as of this morning was trying to anoint them the champions after week 2 and they went to Minnesota, a team lots consider lower rung and got worked. Its impossible to tell who is any good until maybe week 6 or 7.

Right now the Texans look pretty good, but they really haven't been tested and this game isn't over yet, only down 10, we were down 13 at half last week and almost pulled that one off against a team that's looking real good.

chet1926 is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 05:28 PM
  #821
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,182
vCash: 844
So....it looks like the QB can no longer be touched in the NFL...at least according to the officials in the Broncos/Texans game.

Von Miller, YES, absolutely that's Roughing the Passer.

But Joe Mays? The excuse of "blow to the head"...um...it looks like the hit in general is what caused Schaub's helmet to come off, but the replays didn't look like Mays targeted the head. Granted I had just flipped back to RedZone and so I couldn't rewind and they only showed a regular speed viewing.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
09-23-2012, 05:33 PM
  #822
Landeslog
Registered User
 
Landeslog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
So....it looks like the QB can no longer be touched in the NFL...at least according to the officials in the Broncos/Texans game.

Von Miller, YES, absolutely that's Roughing the Passer.

But Joe Mays? The excuse of "blow to the head"...um...it looks like the hit in general is what caused Schaub's helmet to come off, but the replays didn't look like Mays targeted the head. Granted I had just flipped back to RedZone and so I couldn't rewind and they only showed a regular speed viewing.
I thought the exact same thing.

Even the seemingly anti-Broncos announcer whispered it after a couple of replays

Landeslog is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
  #823
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
avs1dacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
So....it looks like the QB can no longer be touched in the NFL...at least according to the officials in the Broncos/Texans game.

Von Miller, YES, absolutely that's Roughing the Passer.

But Joe Mays? The excuse of "blow to the head"...um...it looks like the hit in general is what caused Schaub's helmet to come off, but the replays didn't look like Mays targeted the head. Granted I had just flipped back to RedZone and so I couldn't rewind and they only showed a regular speed viewing.
It's debatable. To me it looked like his helmet hit chest right below the neck and the force of the hit knocked Schaub's helmet off. It might have grazed Schaub's helmet though, it was close. Good for them to hold the Texans to a field goal, but if the offense doesn't start making some damn catches it's not going to matter.

avs1dacup is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 05:52 PM
  #824
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 500
The Broncos are painful to watch right now...

GamingGiant is offline  
Old
09-23-2012, 06:14 PM
  #825
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,337
vCash: 500
Hey guys, while watching the broncos with your average lives and drinking beer from all the brainwashing from the commercials, getting destroyed by who ever the team is......Arsenal tied the game with only 8 minutes to go against a powerhouse opponent to remain undefeated.

S E P H is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.