Closed Thread

Old
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I never really cared for the Winter Classic. So no big loss there.
You're one of very few and it's a monumental loss for the league. If this can be solved in time to play the Winter Classic, that's absolutely huge.

Old
09-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Carelton CA

If there is no winter classic, then there's no season and this one will be a wash like 04.

Old
09-04-2012, 03:02 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I just looked at who we have in the system and here is who we have that will likely be in Syracuse even if there's a lockout:

Forwards
Etem
Maroon
McMillan
Lasch
Wagner
Sexton
Elkins
Caputi (still to sign QO)
Mitchell
Kennedy
Brittain

Defensemen
Vatanen
Clark
Smaby
Hendry
Heed (may play in Sweden?)
Lindholm (may play in Sweden?)

So that's 10-11 forwards and 4-6 defensemen, I don't think you're in that bad shape. The rest of the forwards could be rounded out by players on AHL contracts and a depth defenseman or two won't be hard to find. Guenin may be AHL bound too but if he is one of Smaby/Hendry/Clark/Vatanen will be in Anaheim as the no. 7 guy.

I think Murray is still waiting to see what happens to the Anaheim roster. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one more forward added so Holland could be AHL bound yet.
Wouldn't Fowler, Palmieri, and DSP play for Norfolk if there is a lockout?

Old
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
randyc

Caputi?

Does anyone have an update of Luca Caputi's status. Last I heard his QO date was put off to August 1. Well we are in September and no word.

Color me curious in Norfolk.

Old
09-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Wouldn't Fowler, Palmieri, and DSP play for Norfolk if there is a lockout?
Yep that was the likely roster if there is no lockout. Which there will be.

I don't know where anybody got the January 1st startup date from that's being speculated in this thread, common consensus is that we'll see the NHL back in December at the latest.

Old
09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
Deadline for Winter Classic is the day of the Winter Classic actually.
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...y-minimal-fine

That said, I've heard rumblings that US Thanksgiving is an approximate target date to ensure that training camps can happen, season can start, etc, before the Winter Classic.
No i mean building process.

Will they start to build with no CBA?

Old
09-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Old news, but assigned to Norfolk are:

Quote:
Goaltenders
Frederik Andersen- 22-year-old from Denmark 6’4” 247-pounds. Huge goalie that bolstered a 1.62 GAA in 39 gp in the Swedish Elite League.
Igor Bobkov- 21-year-old from Russia 6’5” 240-pounds appeared in 4 contests with the Crunch last year after his junior career ended.
Marco Cousineau- 22 years of age 6’0” 190-pounds. The Quebec native played in 6 games with the Crunch with a .904 save %
Forwards
Josh Brittain (LW) – 22-year-old, 3rd round draft pick spilt time between the American League and the ECHL. The bruising forward is listed at 6’5” 231-pounds.
Corey Elinks (C) – 1985 born checks in at 6’2” and 216-pounds. Put up amazing numbers his senior year as a Buckeye with 41 points. Elinks played in the Kings organization before taking his game overseas. This season is Elinks’ 3rd stint in the AHL.
Emerson Etem (RW) – Drafted in the 1st round by the Ducks in 2010 the 6’ winger played 2 games with the Crunch after his junior season ended in 2012. Emerson put up amazing point totals his last junior season with the Medicine Hat Tigers totaling 107 points in 65 games.
Peter Holland (C) – 2009 1st round draft pick. Holland was one of the AHL’s stand out rookies. Holland totaled 60 points in 71 games played with the Crunch last year.
Matt Kennedy (RW) – Kennedy is entering his 3rd season in the American League at 6’2” 203-pounds. Kennedy will provide veteran leadership.
Ryan Lasch (RW) – Lasch calls Southern California home, Lake Forest to be exact. The 5’9” forward is noted as a player maker. The 181-pound winger played 4 years at St. Cloud State, then took his game overseas. This is his 1st time playing in North America since college.
Brandon McMillan (LW) – 1990 born is a versatile forward who also excels at the center position. One of the smaller players on the roster 5’11” and 185-pounds. Spent a majority of his career in the NHL with the Ducks although he has seen time in the AHL with the Crunch.
John Mitchell (LW) – Wisconsin born Mitchell had a 4-year stint at the University of Wisconsin. Mitchell is a grinder who racks up the PIMS. John will also provide veteran leadership in Norfolk.
Kyle Palmieri (RW) – Palmieri was one to watch going into camp this year. The 5’10” winger who also plays center took the league by storm last year. The 1st round draft pick was an AHL All-Star. Split time between the Ducks and the Crunch last year. The New Jersey native is one of the Ducks young guns and can eventually become a Ducks franchise player.
Devante Smith-Pelly (RW) – At only 20 years of age, Smith-Pelly is one of the youngest players on the Admirals roster. Noted for his defensive mind-set Devante will see his game grow this year in the AHL.
Chris Wagner (C) – New England born Wagner will embark on his rookie campaign in Norfolk. Wagner played 2 seasons is college before making the jump to the pro game. The 6’ center shoots left and weighs 190-pounds.

Defensemen
Sami Vatanen – Norfolk’s smallest defenseman stands at 5’10” and weighs 176-pounds; however that comes with upside. Vatanen is a great skater and can move the puck well. Noted are his power play skills and offensive ability. The Finnish native needs to excel in the physical game also.
Mat Clark – Colorado native was selected by the Ducks in 2009 37th overall. The next season Clark would turn pro with the Syracuse Crunch. This year will mark the 3rd season in the AHL for the 21-year-old.
Jordan Hendry – This will be Hendry 3rd season with the Admirals organization. The 2 seasons before were when the Admirals were affiliated with the Chicago Blackhawks. Hendry comes back with some hardware a Stanley Cup ring which he won with former Admirals alumni in 2010. Jordan may not seem to do a lot on the ice to the untrained eye; however; he does the little things on the ice that count.
Hampus Lindholm – This year’s 1st round draft pick for the Ducks. Lindholm has quick feet for a defenseman his size. The 6’2” Swede is noted for his hockey IQ on the PP and the PK. Hampus is also known not to back down from the physical side of the game. The 18-year-old shows that he is not to overly aggressive with his physical game.
http://ducksdailyblog.com/2012/09/16...rs-to-norfolk/

I`ve heard that Bodie is with Ads. I suppose Maroon is also in the mix.
Sooooo?

Maroon-Holland-Palmieri
Etem-Elkins-Lasch
Mitchell-Wagner-DSP
Brittain-McMillan-Kennedy
Bodie/Brittain
-----
Clark-Vatanen
Hendry-Lindholm
x-x

Andersen
Bobkov

Cosineau

2 defenseman short and very thin in center (especially if NHL comes back).
Pretty deep in wingers (i think so).

Hard to say how we`ll look, but i have a bad feeling Norfolk won`t win back to back championships this time. :/

pic for fun i just found out in google:

Last edited by Kalvinators: 09-17-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old
09-17-2012, 03:26 PM
randyc

Title is Nice But It's Not Everything

Kalvinators, I would love to see us bring home the Cup twice in 2 years with different affiliations. I would definitely rub the collective Bolts' noses in it.

But things change so in the AHL. Look at Binghamton from a couple of years back. Cup champs to not making the playoffs the next season.

And let me say, Syracuse has gotten one hell of a team and absent a total collapse should be the favorites in the East with Wilkes- Barre/Scranton (Penquins) close on their heels. But we have been give a very competitive team by the Ducks. And getting some really good young players like Andersen and Lindholm is really exciting.

Trent Yawney and his staff will insure they come to play every game and play hard. That's all I can ask from them. We should be in the playoff mix and one never know get the hot hand at the right time.

But I will be proudly watching my Norfolk Admirals this year. We'll do just fine.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Don`t get me wrong, i`ll be sure cheering for Ads these next (hopefully a lot of more) season.

I just don`t think the Ducks put together competitive enough team. If you look at centers and defenseman, they are pretty thin at those spots.
I just think we needed at least another center FA and 2 or 3 defenseman FA.
But, as you mentioned, Randy, hopefully we`ll find some breakout seasons from some prospects and WILL be competitive.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:54 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Isn't Guenin on a two way contract? And even if he has to go through waivers, who would even try to claim him?

Old
09-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Yeah, forgoty about Guenin. That makes... 5 defensemen

Old
09-17-2012, 04:09 PM
RJQuack

Was Lindholm supposed to come over here if there was no lockout? Regardless, great to see him join the AHL Club.

Old
09-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

i think i heard that in case of lockout he`ll stay in Sweden

Anyway, we should be able to take a look on him, see how he plays in AHL.. at the age of 18

Old
09-17-2012, 04:32 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Was Scott Jackson ever signed by the Ads? I assume you would know randyc

Old
09-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Maroon-Holland-Palmieri
Etem-Elkins-Lasch
Mitchell-Wagner-DSP
Bodie/Brittain
-----
Clark-Vatanen
Hendry-Lindholm
x-x

Andersen
Bobkov

Cosineau

2 defenseman short and very thin in center (especially if NHL comes back).
Pretty deep in wingers (i think so).
McMillan won't be playing on the 4th line and I highly doubt DSP is on the 3rd line either, they're both too good for those roles even in a beefed up AHL. On defense, you've missed Smaby and Guenin who for some reason weren't listed in the press release of players sent down (neither was Maroon) but should be AHL bound. Sexton also needs to fit in there somewhere.

Old
09-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Was head scratching myself too, with McMillan and Devo.

I agree though, that Devo might step into top6 and McMillan might get at least 3d line job, just decided this time to put Lasch and Wagner ahead of those two. Will see how those look at camp.

And, yeah, also forgot about Smaby.
That makes us with barely 4 centers and only 6 defenseman.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Paul4587

McMillan was playing centre in Syracuse last year so I think he'll probably stay in the middle. Which gives Holland, McMillan, Wagner and Elkins while there is a lockout but Norfolk will lose at least one of those guys when the NHL goes back (unless Murray acquires somebody for the Ducks).

Also whatever happened to Ryan Hegarty? He finished at College last year and signed an AHL contract for the Crunch, is he still in the Ducks plans? His twitter page says he's still in the Ducks organization. That would give Norfolk another D option although he's probably more likely to be ECHL bound.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Finnpin

Again Sami listed at 176 pounds

Old
09-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
McMillan was playing centre in Syracuse last year so I think he'll probably stay in the middle. Which gives Holland, McMillan, Wagner and Elkins while there is a lockout but Norfolk will lose at least one of those guys when the NHL goes back (unless Murray acquires somebody for the Ducks).

Also whatever happened to Ryan Hegarty? He finished at College last year and signed an AHL contract for the Crunch, is he still in the Ducks plans? His twitter page says he's still in the Ducks organization. That would give Norfolk another D option although he's probably more likely to be ECHL bound.
Yeah, forgot about Hegarty. That puts us with 7 D`s and still, barely 4 centers. Don`t wanna know if someone of them gets injured.

Old
09-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Carelton CA

I'm guessing this is what the lines look like if Etem plays the left wing. He usually plays his off wing.

Etem-Holland-Palmieri
Maroon-Wagner-DSP
Mitchell-Elkins-Lasch
Bodie

Old
09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Govment Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Was Scott Jackson ever signed by the Ads? I assume you would know randyc
No word on what Scott Jackson is doing this year. Would like to see him back in an Admirals sweater. He is a stay at home D-man, not going to get much offense from him but he was the go to guy when the ADS had to defend.

Old
09-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

https://twitter.com/J_Kurtzy/status/248130385467293696

Oh well... at least we know that Kurtz will also compete for a spot

Old
09-18-2012, 03:02 PM
randyc

Scott Jackson

Right now Scott Jackson has not signed with any team. There is word he may have suffered a skull fracture after taking a puck to the head in the playoffs. He told some around here he's going to take the year off to recover.

But if he was available I would hope the Ducks would give him a look. He's a solid stay at home dman who as we can see from the puck incident will give it up for the team. He was also one of the most visible players in the community here and has a great reputation among the fans.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Finnpin

Any schedule for the Admirals pre-season?

So far I only see one game against Charlotte on October 6.

Plus what are the best sites, twitter accounts and blogs writing about Admirals and is there any active fan forum somewhere?

Old
09-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

http://www.admiralszone.net/index.php

The only active forum i know.
randyc maybe can tell more about Ads forums and blogs.

Closed Thread