Notices

AHL Affiliate Discussion: Norfolk Admirals

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

vCash: 500
How are the pairings matched and which one plays the most?

Old
11-01-2012, 10:16 AM
randyc

Admirals 3rd Period Woes

Good article about how the coaching staff is addressing the Admirals play in the 3rd period. Trying to get the stop playing not to lose but to finish teams off. Yawney is firmly in control here.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/10/desp...shaky-finishes

Old
11-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Does this team ever ****ing play? Jesus, two week breaks and then nine games in a row.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Does this team ever ****ing play? Jesus, two week breaks and then nine games in a row.
Could it be due to being accommodating towards their parent clubs? Some players are training with the Big club first for the most part of October. Then those who don't make it have to re-acclimate themselves to a possibly different system and different sets of players at the AHL level. So the two weeks span where there are five days open in between makes sense since the AHL is waiting on which rookies won't make the NHL cut and then have their training camp, so to speak, on the fly.

I could be wrong, but it makes sense to me because I was pondering the huge gaps in between games.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
wut?

Old
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
randyc

Puzzeled

According to my schedule we last played a game 5 days ago and the one before 6 days ago.

We have one tonight and tomorrow night.

So where this 2 weeks comes from is a mystery to me.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc View Post
According to my schedule we last played a game 5 days ago and the one before 6 days ago.

We have one tonight and tomorrow night.

So where this 2 weeks comes from is a mystery to me.
He likely meant two week long breaks and it was obviously hyperbole.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Exit Dose

It'll be interesting to see how our system stacks up to Ottawa's. Lindholm will have a few of his teammates from Sweden on the opposite end.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:44 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I'll be streaming game tonight and tmrw. GDT at http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=55465487 See u at 7 EST

Old
11-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Govment Cheese

Quote:
Remember the AHL doesn't have a huge travel budget and most teams travel by bus. Norfolk closest opponent is six hours away by bus. Games are grouped together due to riding the bus and to cut down on travel costs. Most games will be played on weekends back to back. Admirals also have eight (three games in three nights) weekends.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govment Cheese View Post
Remember the AHL doesn't have a huge travel budget and most teams travel by bus. Norfolk closest opponent is six hours away by bus. Games are grouped together due to riding the bus and to cut down on travel costs. Most games will be played on weekends back to back. Admirals also have eight (three games in three nights) weekends.
This is why I think it is hilarious King Justin is riding around on a bus......so beneath him.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Caputi, Lasch and Rosehill haven`t played all games. Why is it so?

Old
11-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Exit Dose

Rosehill had an injury. I'm not sure what the story is with the other two.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:38 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I believe Caputi was injured when the season started.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I'll be streaming game tonight and tmrw. GDT at http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=55465487 See u at 7 EST
Sweet! Thanks for doing that.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:07 PM
5minsforfighting

So who can characterize Admirals style of the play so far? Not pointing out individual achieviements but overall system. Playing aggressive forecheck, looking for turnovers, sitting back on counterattack, D - playing trap ? Is their games exciting to watch?

Havent seen any game so far, is it worth looking for streams or purchasing AHL package?

Old
11-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Exit Dose

Look for streams. It's not worth the price of the season pass. It wasn't worth the discounted price that I paid.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:54 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

AHL live is basically watching the game through someones webcam IF the legit stream even decides to work. best to look around for free ones. do not give them money for such a poor yet expensive product

Old
11-04-2012, 02:31 AM
BradJohnson
Hockey's Future Staff

It's been a bit since my last recap and I apologize... had to head to NJ this past week and check on the homefront. All is well but it's pretty awful up there.

Admirals rebound with 4-2 Victory; earning split against Senators.
Written by: Brad Johnson

After falling to the Binghamton Senators last night by a 4-3 score the Admirals were determined to respond in a positive manner. The Admirals came out in the opening period sailing as they would jump out a 2-0 lead while dominating the tempo and outplaying their opponent in all facets of the game including a 26-8 advantage in shots after 20:00.

Hampus Lindholm made a great defensive play as he came across the blue line at the left point while picking off an errant Senators pass; Lindholm skated to the circle and made a quick deke that would catch Fredrik Classon leaning the wrong way, with the defender Claesson on his knees, Lindholm snapped a quick wrist shot into the goal blocker-side behind goaltender Ben Bishop for a 1-0 Admirals lead and his first career AHL marker. The unassisted tally was credited at 9:43.

Norfolk went up 2-0 at 16:52 when Kyle Palmieri fired a slap shot from the right-side circle high off the glass behind the goal, the puck took an Admirals bounce deflecting off the glass and back out between the circles. Holland was the first to reach the puck quickly depositing it into the net behind an unsuspecting Bishop who had no idea where the puck was until it was in the goal behind him.

The Senators would get on the scoreboard at 3:10 of the second period when defenseman Andre Benoit sent a wrist shot to the net from the half wall; Andresen apparently misread the puck as he watched it deflect off his glove and into the back of the net as the harmless shot turned the red light on for the visitors.
Norfolk quickly responded to regain their two-goal advantage just over three minutes later. Peter Holland pushed the puck past a defender in the right-side corner to Luca Caputi who was waiting behind the Senators net; Holland skated to the goal while Caputi returned a pass that Holland would shoot past Bishop for his second of the night at 6:25 of the second period. The Admirals managed just 5 shots on goal in the second period while Andersen faced 16 shots, turning aside 15 of those attempts. At the end of 40:00 of play the Admirals lead 3-1 while holding a 31-24 edge in shots.

The Admirals would see their lead expand to a three-goal advantage at 6:07 of the third period. Holland sent a perfect pass to Palmieri in the near side circle and Palmieri wasted no-time sending a one-timer past the glove of Bishop for a 4-1 lead,
Patrick Wiercioch cut the Senators deficit to 4-2 when he scored low stick-side on Andersen with 11:34 remaining in the contest. The senators had a few more scoring opportunities but were unable to find the equalizers as the Admirals skated away with the 4-2 victory, splitting the weekend series and improving to 6-2 on the season.
Notes:

3 Stars: Holland, Palmieri, Lindholm

18 year old Hampus Lindholm scored his first career AHL goal at 9:43 of the first period

The Admirals tied a franchise record for most shots in a period. (1st period) The previous time Norfolk registered 28 shots in a single period was on 3/17/07 versus Bridgeport.

Did not play: Gabe Guentzel, John Kurtz, Garrett Klotz, John Mitchell, Matt Smaby.

Attendance: 5048 (season high)

Want the most recent Admirals News?
Norfolk Admirals Fans United
http://www.admiralsfansunited.com
http://www.facebook.com/admiralsfansunited
Old
11-04-2012, 03:54 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

As much as i saw, the pairings were:

Caputi-Holland-Palmieri
Etem-Elkins-Lasch
Maroon-McMillan-Smith Pelly
Bodie-Wagner-Rosehill

Hendry-Vatanen
Lindholm-Guenin
Clark-Parent

I saw Palmieri skating on the left side too a bit, but he started draws on the right side of the circle.

Lindholm is great! Plays in all situations and does it well on PK, ES and PP.

Anyone remembers when was the last FO we won? We`re pretty bad at it, as much as i`ve seen.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
This is why I think it is hilarious King Justin is riding around on a bus......so beneath him.
Funny to think that proven NHL star Jordan Eberle also must ride a bus. 80 points one year, riding a bus the next.

Old
11-04-2012, 06:51 PM
BradJohnson
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I believe Caputi was injured when the season started.
Caputi was never injured. I spoke to coach on this and he informed "Luca is a seasoned player with alot of skill, that being said we have alot of talent on this team and finding a spot where everyone fits in can be difficult at times" "Luca will get his chance and I believe he'll step in nicely"

Old
11-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Exit Dose

He's definitely done that.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Exit Dose

The Jackets affiliate just obliterated the Whale.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:12 PM
BradJohnson
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
The Jackets affiliate just obliterated the Whale.

Yeah the the Falcons didn't have any Mercy on the Whale. That's for sure.

Closed Thread