EDM trades the first overall pick to CLB for the 2nd pick, '12 3rd and '13 3rd.
EDM trades the 2nd overall pick to TOR for the 5th pick, '12 2nd, D Cody Franson and '13 3rd
ANA trades picks 6, 36 to TB for picks 10, 19
OTT trades 15th pick to SJ for 17th and '12 3rd
1) CLB- Nail Yakupov RW - CLB moves up to get some much needed offensive punch
2) TOR- Alex Galchenyuk C- Burke finally gets his future #1 C
3) MTL- Filip Forsberg RW - The Habs get a great two-way winger with needed size
4) NYI- Matt Dumba RD- Isles take BPA and it happens to be a solid fit
5) EDM- Ryan Murray LD- Oilers end up with the player they needed most
6) TB- Morgan Rielly LD - TB moves up to get it's future QB for the PP
7) MIN- Teuvo Teravainen RW- An offensive winger for Granlund
8) CAR- Brendan Gaunce C- Canes get a big, strong offensive F to compliment Staal
9) WPG- Mikhail Grigorenko C - Falls into the Jets lap and they are thrilled to add offense
10) ANA- Cody Ceci RD - Righty d-man will make excellent future partner for Fowler
11) WAS- Radek Faksa C- Two-way C an excellent compliment to the core in WAS
Gaunce an offensive forward? everything read about Gaunce and everything that I've seen myself leads me to think he'll be another Brandon Sutter type player, definitely not an offensive guy. Can't see them taking Gaunce if Grigorenko is still on the board.
I like the trades, it makes sense for us, but the picks are pretty brutal. Kerdiles can be had at 36, and if he's gone the Ducks could find someone close in skill at that spot. Also Ceci is too similar to Fowler, Schultz, Vatanen, and Visnovsky. Bet on them taking Trouba if he's available. Then I'd say Girgensons, Aberg, or Finn instead of Kerdiles.