HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Bos

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2012, 01:32 PM
  #1
SIDGENO8771
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Tor - Bos

Dougie Hamilton for 2012 1st

SIDGENO8771 is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
  #2
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Nope.

Hamilton is pretty much untouchable for Boston barring a vast over payment. He is the only prospect in the system that has the potential to be a top pairing D-man which I can't see Chia trading away.

Confound is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
  #3
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,384
vCash: 500
Boston says no way.

Marvelous Manked is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 01:40 PM
  #4
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kiel
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 500
Wow, was I the only one expecting a goalie proposal, most likely Thomas.

TorstenFrings is online now  
Old
05-21-2012, 01:43 PM
  #5
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Q'onoS
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 2,100
vCash: 500
Boston declines. Hamilton is everything Boston needs in it's anemic defensive prospect pool. Plus Peter Chiarelli flat out said he wont trade Dougie.


BudMovin* is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 01:46 PM
  #6
DonMalone
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Unless its a deal that is too good to be true I say Hamilton stays put.

DonMalone is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 01:51 PM
  #7
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 22,089
vCash: 500
no.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 04:19 PM
  #8
abhanot
Registered User
 
abhanot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
I wish we didn't trade for Kessel... he's the easiest scared player in the NHL. No defence...

To think we could have had Hamilton, Knight, and Seguin... *****

abhanot is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 04:59 PM
  #9
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,909
vCash: 57
Schenn + Tor 1st might be something Boston atleast looks at.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:18 PM
  #10
Dellstrom
We Like Eich
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,120
vCash: 500
Yeah, uhm, no.

Dellstrom is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:18 PM
  #11
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Leafs say no way.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:20 PM
  #12
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
The guy that made this isn't even a leafs fan.

Why would the leafs pass on Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, or Forsberg for Hamilton?

Kulemon is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:24 PM
  #13
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
The guy that made this isn't even a leafs fan.

Why would the leafs pass on Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, or Forsberg for Hamilton?
Hamilton is better than all 3 of them and Toronto's D is awful.

Shaun is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:32 PM
  #14
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Hamilton is better than all 3 of them and Toronto's D is awful.
Compare potentials (if everything goes right):

Grigorenko - 90-100 point playmaking center

Galchenyuk - PPG two way center

Forsberg - 70 point 6'3 200lb power forward winger with leadership qualities so potential captain

Hamilton - 40-50 point giant two way top pairing D


All of those forwards if they work out would be much more valuable, especially to the leafs who need to get bigger and they are all 6'2 or larger.

Oh and Toronto's D is not awful. Their previous coach had no clue on how to coach them on defense.

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Schenn
Liles - Franson

They also have Blacker, Percy, and Holzer in the system.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:36 PM
  #15
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Troll thread but for the record....

Grigs, Gally, Forsberg >> Hamilton from a Leafs POV

Murray > Hamilton just saying.
Thats a very, very bold prediction...

Nizdizzle is online now  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:39 PM
  #16
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 10,837
vCash: 500
Lol, Leafs would never do this. They need a center, but at the very least they need another forward who can potentially develop into a first liner.

One of Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg is way more valuable to the Leafs than Dougie Hamilton.

RaskY is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:39 PM
  #17
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Thats a very, very bold prediction...
Not necessarily. Murray once was regarded as the best defense prospect in years. I still think the offensive side of his game is very underrated.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:43 PM
  #18
Leafidelity
Compete Level
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,505
vCash: 1775
Why would Toronto do this? I dont understand the point other than trying to troll some fanbases.

Leafidelity is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:44 PM
  #19
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Compare potentials (if everything goes right):

Grigorenko - 90-100 point playmaking center

Galchenyuk - PPG two way center

Forsberg - 70 point 6'3 200lb power forward winger with leadership qualities so potential captain

Hamilton - 40-50 point giant two way top pairing D


All of those forwards if they work out would be much more valuable, especially to the leafs who need to get bigger and they are all 6'2 or larger.

Oh and Toronto's D is not awful. Their previous coach had no clue on how to coach them on defense.

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Schenn
Liles - Franson

They also have Blacker, Percy, and Holzer in the system.
I would like to know your formula for figuring out these players potential.

Whatever it is you should probably take a look at how in the world your system could predict that Grigorenko will be a 100 point player and Hamilton a 50 point max player even though in real life Hamilton scored at almost the exact ppg as Grigorenko.

That leads me to believe that if Grigorenko is a 90-100 point playmaking center, then Hamilton is a 90-100 point #1 defenseman. That is if your system for figuring out what these players will be is at all accurate.

nmbr_24 is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:48 PM
  #20
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Not necessarily. Murray once was regarded as the best defense prospect in years. I still think the offensive side of his game is very underrated.
That's funny, I didn't read that about Murray, where did you read that? I read he was a good prospect, but not that he was the best prospect in years, I do remember reading that Ryan Murphy was supposed to be the best D prospect in years and that turned out to be questionable at best.

nmbr_24 is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:50 PM
  #21
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I would like to know your formula for figuring out these players potential.

Whatever it is you should probably take a look at how in the world your system could predict that Grigorenko will be a 100 point player and Hamilton a 50 point max player even though in real life Hamilton scored at almost the exact ppg as Grigorenko.

That leads me to believe that if Grigorenko is a 90-100 point playmaking center, then Hamilton is a 90-100 point #1 defenseman. That is if your system for figuring out what these players will be is at all accurate.
I watch all of these players. Except Forsberg who I have only seen play three times. I watch more junior hockey than I do NHL hockey.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 05:54 PM
  #22
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
That's funny, I didn't read that about Murray, where did you read that? I read he was a good prospect, but not that he was the best prospect in years, I do remember reading that Ryan Murphy was supposed to be the best D prospect in years and that turned out to be questionable at best.
A couple years ago. Might've been last year.

And are you sure? You could have misinterpreted best defenseman for best offensive defenseman. Because he most certainly is. He's the best offensive Dman to come out of the CHL in forever. He's small though, but I still think he has a very bright future.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 06:04 PM
  #23
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
A couple years ago. Might've been last year.

And are you sure? You could have misinterpreted best defenseman for best offensive defenseman. Because he most certainly is. He's the best offensive Dman to come out of the CHL in forever. He's small though, but I still think he has a very bright future.
Maybe it was best offensive d-man, it makes more sense. From what I have seen he is not quite in the same class as Dougie Hamilton.

nmbr_24 is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 06:04 PM
  #24
ZetterBurger
Registered User
 
ZetterBurger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Troll thread but for the record....

Grigs, Gally, Forsberg >> Hamilton from a Leafs POV

Murray > Hamilton just saying.
I agree. If one of those forwards turns into the real deal they could be on the fast track. I like what the Leafs have in their system.

ZetterBurger is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 06:08 PM
  #25
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Maybe it was best offensive d-man, it makes more sense. From what I have seen he is not quite in the same class as Dougie Hamilton.
Are you talking Offensively or all around.

Kulemon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.