HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Kostitsyns

Old
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
The Kostitsyns

Now that we know that Sergei Kostitsyn has called out Poile and Trotz, perhaps SK's value is at an all-time low. Or that he might be re-signing in that city. But it seems likely that Andrei may hit UFA too.

So you may answer either with a contract term or a trade value for either player. What are they worth?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

For both of them from Montreal, I would say return Nashville's 2012 2nd round pick and Gallagher and if Andre doesn't sign with Montreal make it a 5th round pick instead of the 2nd. Maybe add a mid-tier prospect to the mix but that would be about it. I would also trade Gionta straight up for the pair.

If Montreal wants to be competitive in the near-term this is the type of deal they have to make.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 07:59 PM
jayball75

The NHL is better off without them. They seem to be selfish and don't work very hard. Sergei did do better after leaving mtl but who wants a complainer. You make a ton of money to play hockey so stop crying and be a team player.

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Now that we know that Sergei Kostitsyn has called out Poile and Trotz, perhaps SK's value is at an all-time low. Or that he might be re-signing in that city. But it seems likely that Andrei may hit UFA too.

So you may answer either with a contract term or a trade value for either player. What are they worth?
Perhaps someone isn't aware of what the Preds traded to get him. I'm not sure if there is any value lower than that.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
For both of them from Montreal, I would say return Nashville's 2012 2nd round pick and Gallagher and if Andre doesn't sign with Montreal make it a 5th round pick instead of the 2nd. Maybe add a mid-tier prospect to the mix but that would be about it. I would also trade Gionta straight up for the pair.

If Montreal wants to be competitive in the near-term this is the type of deal they have to make.
If Montreal wants to be competitive, they stay away from the Kostitsyn bros.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:24 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
If Montreal wants to be competitive, they stay away from the Kostitsyn bros.
Agreed. Nothing worse than watching someone with a ton of talent just out for a Sunday skate with the family.

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Perhaps someone isn't aware of what the Preds traded to get him. I'm not sure if there is any value lower than that.
Not much higher than future considerations but it wasn't exactly nothing...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Since Andrei got benched for a couple games in the playoffs, I think the only way he would stay is to play with Sergei in Nashville, but if Sergei is unhappy, Andrei probably won't sign and Sergei will be asking for a trade.

Andrei I expect to go to UFA and I think will sign a 2 year 4m per year contract. He played a lot better in Nashville and seems to have found his game back, could be a good signing this offseason I think if he follows team rules and gets along with teammates (could be asking a lot there)

Sergei I think will ask for a trade if he is unhappy with Poile and Trotz. He also found his game in Nashville but still isn't that physical which would hurt his value. I see a team giving a late first/equivalent prospect for him though and also signing for around 4m, probably more around 3.5 since he is an RFA still while Andrei is a UFA.

The Kostitsyn's are good players, just seem to carry that baggage with them. If they can get rid of that they would be sought after players in my opinion.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

The Stars need top 6 help. What are the scouting reports on the two Kostitsyns? Which lines are they best suited for?

Are they a package? Will they sign short term deals?

The team can afford to have a sheltered LW to play w/Ryder and Ribiero, but if they are a package, at least one will need to play some two-way hockey.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
God that would be hilarious if Semin signed with Nashville. 4 Russian headcases (no offence Pred fans) on 1 team. Although if they just played hockey and stopped causing drama that would be a pretty good offense.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

I personally want no part of them on the Habs ever again. Plain and simple, they sicken me.

If sergei is complaining about Poile and Trotz, he is just an ungrateful rat.

They should do everybody a favor and go to the KHL.

Last edited by Psycho Papa Joe: 05-18-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Medium Rare*

I don't think Sergei gets a QO to be honest. I can't imagine the Predators offering him 2.5 million to retain his rights with what he pulled in the playoffs.

I also don't imagine him getting any substantial offers from any team if he hits UFA status due to the fact his character is in serious question after the on goings in Montreal now the incident with the Predators.

I see Sergei being offered no more than a 2 year deal with a cap hit under 2 million.

Andrei on the other hand seems to have grown up a bit, I can see him getting a 3-4 year contract at around $3-4 million per year

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:20 AM
roboninja
EYG

It certainly seems like they should not be on the same team. Sergei seemed to have turned it around in Nashville. Until big brother Andre showed up, that is. If a team signs both of them, I'll laugh quite a bit. And expect no success form that team next year.

Last edited by roboninja: 05-18-2012 at 08:53 AM.
roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:40 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

What did SK say? Last I heard he said he wanted a long term contract in Nashville. What did I miss?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:46 AM
token grinder

I don't think having an opinion kills your value. SK is worth 2.25-2.75 million for his production and Andrei isn't worth much more. Maybe 3 million per. I think SK, if you pay attention to him on the ice has grown up and matured quite a bit. In his time with Nashville, he went from guy who was traded for trash, to scratch fodder, to 4th liner (mainly due to broken foot) who got 5-7 min a game, to a guy who used that time to show he was buying the system tratz was selling, to a guy who earned first line minutes on a very good hockey club. He is what he is-a 20 goal, 40-50 point guy with a 60 point ceiling. He is 25, and hopefully still maturing a bit. He has his flaws, such as he plays a finesse game, but he will work hard on the boards. He gets knocked off the puck easily. He disappears in stretched and is streaky. I would rather have him than his more skilled, bigger brother, who hasn't matured as a professional

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:48 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Hold on, is this about him saying the suspensions were bs? I highly disagree that that is the same as he is wanting out of nashville.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 08:55 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Hold on, is this about him saying the suspensions were bs? I highly disagree that that is the same as he is wanting out of nashville.
It may not be, but since one of the suspended is his brother... Like I said above, I think Andre is a horrible influence on Sergei. I would hope he does not poison the relationship between Nashville and his younger brother.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Holy Mackinaw

For Sergei? A VIP pass at the nightclub of his choice and a hotel wake up call.

Holy Mackinaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:20 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Sergie to Carolina for McBane.

Nashville could use the blueline depth as insurance and Carolina can use scoring depth. Besides, how much trouble could you get in, in Raleigh.

AK46 hits the UFA market. Maybe signs with Carolina as well. AK46 and Ruutu on the same line together could be nice.

Radulov & rights to Suter to Washington for Green and a 2nd. Washington lets Semin walk and replaces him with a cheaper Radulov. Ovie keeps an eye on him or they just party together but keep it strickly alcohol free and only eat pizza and coke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
For Sergei? A VIP pass at the nightclub of his choice and a hotel wake up call.
I could see AK signing as a UFA with the Las Vegas Wranglers! Then moonlighting at Sapphires as a bouncer.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:23 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Nashville traded the rights to Dan Ellis' Problems and Dustin Boyd. Fact is anything is a profit if he's traded.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Toastman

I could see Andrei going to Detroit

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 10:40 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Oilers should trade for Kostitsyn and reunite him with Gagner.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote