HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2012 World Championship: Jonas Holos, Norway

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
  #1
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country:
Posts: 6,985
vCash: 500
2012 World Championship: Jonas Holos, Norway

Colorado Avalanche prospect Jonas Holos spoke with HF at the 2012 World Championship

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:21 AM
  #2
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
Colorado Avalanche prospect Jonas Holos spoke with HF at the 2012 World Championship

More...
And after seven games he got 8 points (4g and 4a)

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:48 PM
  #3
Frank Booth
Registered User
 
Frank Booth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lumberton, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
He seems to care much more about playing for Norway that playing for the team that actually pays him to play. He proved that during last year's AHL playoffs. He's gotta be happy Team USA plays in Helsinki because then he doesn't have to face David Quinn, Team USA asst. coach/Head Coach Lake Erie (AHL). I'll bet he wouldn't be able to look him in the eye. I doubt if he ever gets an opportunity to play in North America again.

Frank Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:31 PM
  #4
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,600
vCash: 4250
He was terrible with the Avs in his short stint in the past. Was really unfortunate because I really liked what I saw from him in the past during international play.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:33 PM
  #5
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
He was terrible with the Avs in his short stint in the past. Was really unfortunate because I really liked what I saw from him in the past during international play.
He was terrible because the Avs have terrible coach.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:01 PM
  #6
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
He was terrible because the Avs have terrible coach.
Yupp


Last edited by TollefsenFan: 05-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.
TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:07 PM
  #7
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
He seems to care much more about playing for Norway that playing for the team that actually pays him to play. He proved that during last year's AHL playoffs. He's gotta be happy Team USA plays in Helsinki because then he doesn't have to face David Quinn, Team USA asst. coach/Head Coach Lake Erie (AHL). I'll bet he wouldn't be able to look him in the eye. I doubt if he ever gets an opportunity to play in North America again.
Yeah, sure. HolÝs scored in his last game for Lake Erie, but u still thinks that he didnt care about the club Yeah im sure every american cares about the big mighty Lake Erie monsters... uhuhu First of all HolÝs dosent play well on small rinks. Second of all he did nothing wrong during the playoffs. Lake Erie was beaten and he went to Europe to play for his country. Whats wrong with that? Nothing. U are just trolling on the internett, because u got nothing else to do

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:11 PM
  #8
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
He was terrible because the Avs have terrible coach.
Hes terrible because the WHC is not the NHL.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:13 PM
  #9
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Hes terrible because the WHC is not the NHL.
To bad ur NHLrs screw up all the time in WHC. Ur awesome NHLrs.....

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:20 PM
  #10
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
To bad ur NHLrs screw up all the time in WHC. Ur awesome NHLrs.....
Good thing no one cares about the WHC.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:32 PM
  #11
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Good thing no one cares about the WHC.
Okey so that makes it so much better. Ur players dosent play well on big ice and instead of doing something about it, u just CLAIM that u dnt care. Canada and the US didnt win in the 2006 olympics and u wont win in 2014. Why? Well because ur players cant play on big ice, just as HolÝs cant play on small.

Btw u say canadiens and americans dosent care. Well here on HFboards I see a bunch of americans and canadiens discussing rosters etc. But i guess that they dosent rly care.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:38 PM
  #12
The Slovak Sniper
Registered User
 
The Slovak Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
To bad ur NHLrs screw up all the time in WHC. Ur awesome NHLrs.....
Yeah, 8 out of the 10 leading scorers in this tournament being from the NHL is pretty bad. Should be 9 or 10.

The Slovak Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:40 PM
  #13
Icebear
Registered User
 
Icebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Norwegian mountains
Country: Norway
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Good thing no one cares about the WHC.
So why do you write in this section of the forum, if you don't care?

Icebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:47 PM
  #14
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Haha...busted

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:49 PM
  #15
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slovak Sniper View Post
Yeah, 8 out of the 10 leading scorers in this tournament being from the NHL is pretty bad. Should be 9 or 10.
Okey so u believe thats its all about scoring. Teams like team USA and Canada has no problem beating the Kazakhs, France etc with a big score. its just like Patrick Thoresen scoring 3g and 3a vs Germany. That dosent mather in the big picture. Cool to score some goals, but its the important games that mathers. (QF, SF and the F). Ofc a stacked Canadien team will crush the smaller countries with weak rosters. But when it comes to the big games, the canadiens often fails, because they are to big and cant play that well on big ice. Like last year vs Russia. Several russian players comes from the KHL and they play better on the big european ice. For example Ovi didnt play well last year. Just a bunch of awful turnovers

European hockey and american hockey are very different. And if the US and team Canada wants to win gold in Sochi, then players like Crosby, Stamkos etc should play some WHC. Just to get used to european hockey. That my opinion and i base my opinion on the last 3-4 tournaments. I know im right!

Edit: The top 5 on the scoring list are 4 europeans and one american. The european players are ofc used to play on european ice. They developed in europe and are ofc used to the bigger european rinks. I would also like to ad that its ur big Ds, that struggles most on european ice.


Last edited by TollefsenFan: 05-16-2012 at 05:06 PM.
TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:53 PM
  #16
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yawron View Post
So why do you write in this section of the forum, if you don't care?

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:59 PM
  #17
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Okey so that makes it so much better. Ur players dosent play well on big ice and instead of doing something about it, u just CLAIM that u dnt care. Canada and the US didnt win in the 2006 olympics and u wont win in 2014. Why? Well because ur players cant play on big ice, just as HolÝs cant play on small.

Btw u say canadiens and americans dosent care. Well here on HFboards I see a bunch of americans and canadiens discussing rosters etc. But i guess that they dosent rly care.
oh cool you're psychic.
Majority of the population doesn't care. WHC is on the same level as the spengler cup in north america...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawron View Post
So why do you write in this section of the forum, if you don't care?
Why to you touch yourself at night?
ps, it's the International Tournaments section...

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:01 PM
  #18
TollefsenFan
Registered User
 
TollefsenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: K-town
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
oh cool you're psychic.
Majority of the population doesn't care. WHC is on the same level as the spengler cup in north america...



Why to you touch yourself at night?
Yes I am

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:02 PM
  #19
Botta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
He seems to care much more about playing for Norway that playing for the team that actually pays him to play. He proved that during last year's AHL playoffs. He's gotta be happy Team USA plays in Helsinki because then he doesn't have to face David Quinn, Team USA asst. coach/Head Coach Lake Erie (AHL). I'll bet he wouldn't be able to look him in the eye. I doubt if he ever gets an opportunity to play in North America again.
What is your point here?

Botta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:01 PM
  #20
Dalfan
Registered User
 
Dalfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 463
vCash: 500
ITT:


Dalfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:10 PM
  #21
CoolForumNamePending
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
He seems to care much more about playing for Norway that playing for the team that actually pays him to play. He proved that during last year's AHL playoffs. He's gotta be happy Team USA plays in Helsinki because then he doesn't have to face David Quinn, Team USA asst. coach/Head Coach Lake Erie (AHL). I'll bet he wouldn't be able to look him in the eye. I doubt if he ever gets an opportunity to play in North America again.
By any chance are you David Quinn, Team USA asst. coach/Head Coach Lake Erie or a member of his immediate family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Good thing no one cares about the WHC.
Actually the WHC is loved and cherished by all of earth's citizens.

CoolForumNamePending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:22 PM
  #22
Frank Booth
Registered User
 
Frank Booth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lumberton, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
He had his bags packed and his apartment cleared before Game 7 of the playoffs. And had a plane ticket for his trip back to Europe in his pocket. He would have left Lake Erie had they won or lost that game. And that comes from more than one staff member of the Monsters. The reason he asked for his release when he was demoted is because he was too ashamed to show his face in Cleveland. The players and coaching staff didn't want him back. The Avs had no choice, because if he wasn't going to play in Denver, he would have been a healthy scratch in Cleveland, and he knew that. He is a quitter. Don't let your jingoistic thoughts cloud the facts. There are a lot of blind nationalists who don't want to believe that their national "hero" is a flawed person. Very flawed.

Frank Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:26 PM
  #23
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,756
vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolForumNamePending View Post

Actually the WHC is loved and cherished by all of earth's citizens.
Yea...about that. While they are playing that little second tier tournament, some great players are going after the big trophy. Its called the Stanley Cup.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:40 PM
  #24
Chileiceman
Registered User
 
Chileiceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Chile
Posts: 8,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
He had his bags packed and his apartment cleared before Game 7 of the playoffs. And had a plane ticket for his trip back to Europe in his pocket. He would have left Lake Erie had they won or lost that game. And that comes from more than one staff member of the Monsters. The reason he asked for his release when he was demoted is because he was too ashamed to show his face in Cleveland. The players and coaching staff didn't want him back. The Avs had no choice, because if he wasn't going to play in Denver, he would have been a healthy scratch in Cleveland, and he knew that. He is a quitter. Don't let your jingoistic thoughts cloud the facts. There are a lot of blind nationalists who don't want to believe that their national "hero" is a flawed person. Very flawed.
Wow I didn't know that. I don't think most people in the Avs section know that.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 12:18 AM
  #25
SirKillalot
Registered User
 
SirKillalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,754
vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
He had his bags packed and his apartment cleared before Game 7 of the playoffs. And had a plane ticket for his trip back to Europe in his pocket. He would have left Lake Erie had they won or lost that game. And that comes from more than one staff member of the Monsters. The reason he asked for his release when he was demoted is because he was too ashamed to show his face in Cleveland. The players and coaching staff didn't want him back. The Avs had no choice, because if he wasn't going to play in Denver, he would have been a healthy scratch in Cleveland, and he knew that. He is a quitter. Don't let your jingoistic thoughts cloud the facts. There are a lot of blind nationalists who don't want to believe that their national "hero" is a flawed person. Very flawed.
You don't want to stay in a place you don't get a reasonable fair treatment. So please don't come up with this other ********.

SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.