HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

New Rule I Just Thought Of (Re: Faceoff Location)

Old
05-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
New Rule I Just Thought Of (Re: Faceoff Location)

First let me state that I personally love the way the scoring currently is.

Since plenty of people claim the dead-puck era is returning and how boring low-scoring is, I wonder why there hasn't been any talk of this rule I thought of (or maybe I wasn't paying attention).

After a goal in the first two minutes of a double-minor, goal in a major, or goal in a 5-3 PP, why not have the faceoff in offensive zone of the team on the PP?

Last edited by Kane One: 05-21-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
LSnow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
First let me state that I personally love the way the scoring currently is.

Since plenty of people claim the dead-puck era is returning and how boring low-scoring is, I wonder why there hasn't been any talk of this rule I thought of (or maybe I wasn't paying attention).

After a goal in the first two minutes of a double-minor, goal in a major, or goal in a 5-3 PP, why not have the faceoff in offensive zone of the team on the PP?
Its not the low scoring thats the problem, its that nothing is basically happening all game..

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:01 AM
arunnair87

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Its not the low scoring thats the problem, its that nothing is basically happening all game..
Make the rink bigger is the only solution for that.

arunnair87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

I don't believe in it but before everyone comes and posts it: "it will give the refs more power to change games"

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:55 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

The faceoff at center ice after a goal is a pretty hard thing to change after being universal for over 100 years.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
The faceoff at center ice after a goal is a pretty hard thing to change after being universal for over 100 years.
There's been other very old rules that have been changed. No changing after an icing is new. Bringing the faceoff into the attacking zone on a PP is also new. SHOOTOUTS!? That's also new. Apparently the NHL doesn't mind changing old rules, so tradition is never a problem when it comes to rule changes.

Old
05-21-2012, 02:02 PM
coolboarder

To be honest, I hate rule changes when it was working well and rules changes again to please people. To create more out of it making it worse and worse. When will we stop changing the rule to enjoy the game to the fullest extend as it is. I'd rather 1990's rule before the instigator rule came in. I wish that the goaltender equipment was what it was in 1980's with wooden stick as the primary stick without the technology stick they have it now. I would ban all technology stick and requires all players to use wooden stick, then I will see the goalie's equipment back to 1980's look then I'd be happy man. Or better yet, I would make all players to use 1950's style skates to slow them down. The game is getting faster, bigger, and stronger all due to the equipment technology in skates, pads, etc.

coolboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Preisst
Party On!!

Nothing wrong with the faceoff at centre ice after a goal. It's needless silly changes like this suggestion that needs to be eliminated.

I appreciate the OP is just trying to think outside the box and create discussion but this one is a non-starter in my opinion.

Preisst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post
Nothing wrong with the faceoff at centre ice after a goal. It's needless silly changes like this suggestion that needs to be eliminated.

I appreciate the OP is just trying to think outside the box and create discussion but this one is a non-starter in my opinion.
Can't it also make teams think twice about taking a major, a double-minor, or another penalty while on the PK?

Bringing the faceoff in the zone could save at least 15 seconds of a team trying to get back in. The Rangers spend like 1:15 trying to get in. This could give more of a disadvantage to a team who takes a stupid penalty, especially major penalties like headshots.

How much time does a team spend outside of the o-zone on a major PP?

Old
05-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Preisst
Party On!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Can't it also make teams think twice about taking a major, a double-minor, or another penalty while on the PK?
Bringing the faceoff in the zone could save at least 15 seconds of a team trying to get back in. The Rangers spend like 1:15 trying to get in. This could give more of a disadvantage to a team who takes a stupid penalty, especially major penalties like headshots.

How much time does a team spend outside of the o-zone on a major PP?
They can think twice about it all they want. Teams/players do not intentionally take penalties so "thinking" about it isn't going to change anything.

I agree that it does give another advantage to the team on the PP as they will already be in the others teams zone but I think it is bush league and making a change in this vein is more gimmick then base foundation. That is why it hasn't been discussed per the question you posed in the OP.

Preisst is offline   Reply With Quote