HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XII

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

vCash: 500
Not on the Voracek bandwagon. He has trouble getting to 50 points and one good playoff run doesn't do it for me. Never mind the fact that Philly wouldn't trade him here.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
usiel

vCash: 878
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewill78 View Post
I posted on the trades board of us doing a similar trade to last year when we got Brouwer for our first but I was thinking since Semin's probably leaving and Philly having cap issues us trading our first(16th) and a 3rd if needed to Philly for Voracek. Thoughts?
Have always like Voracek but not really sure Philly would make that move. They had plenty of scoring this past season so might need more help on the Dside or status quo and introduce some systems tweaks.

05-21-2012, 10:15 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Not a huge fan of Voracek. He's a solid player, but he doesn't provide much beyond his 50-point level production--he's not physical, he's not a particularly good defensive player, and can't PK. No thanks on a 1-dimensional 50-point offensive player for a first round pick. He's basically like a stronger version of the Flash that we let go.

With the first, I'm not sure there's an RFA out there that's worth it and would be reasonably attainable. I'd sound out St. Louis about Oshie, but I doubt they bite. Radulov would probably produce enough offensively to warrant consideration, but if you've been frustrated by Semin over the years, he'll make you pull your hair out.

Guys like Voracek, Raymond, Stewart, Gagner, Perron, Kostitsyn, Kulemin, Foligno, and Wilson would probably be good additions, but I think you could do better with the first.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:17 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Not on the Voracek bandwagon. He has trouble getting to 50 points and one good playoff run doesn't do it for me. Never mind the fact that Philly wouldn't trade him here.
And that good playoff run was extremely inflated by Fleury.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:36 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Not a huge fan of Voracek. He's a solid player, but he doesn't provide much beyond his 50-point level production--he's not physical, he's not a particularly good defensive player, and can't PK. No thanks on a 1-dimensional 50-point offensive player for a first round pick. He's basically like a stronger version of the Flash that we let go.

With the first, I'm not sure there's an RFA out there that's worth it and would be reasonably attainable. I'd sound out St. Louis about Oshie, but I doubt they bite. Radulov would probably produce enough offensively to warrant consid
eration, but if you've been frustrated by Semin over the years, he'll make you pull your hair out.

Guys like Voracek, Raymond, Stewart, Gagner, Perron, Kostitsyn, Kulemin, Foligno, and Wilson would probably be good additions, but I think you could do better with the first.
Radulov is a good player and could compliment Semin.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:

With the first, I'm not sure there's an RFA out there that's worth it and would be reasonably attainable. I'd sound out St. Louis about Oshie, but I doubt they bite. Radulov would probably produce enough offensively to warrant consideration, but if you've been frustrated by Semin over the years, he'll make you pull your hair out.

Perron, Kulemin and Wilson are quite a bit above the rest. You could make the case Perron and Wilson are worth the 10th overall.

If its Nick Foligno no interest whatsoever, if its Marcus hell yeah.

Stewart's motivation issues are troubling but I feel like he could put up 40 goals in an offensive system with Ovechkin and Backstrom, especially if Ovechkin insists passing it off to his RW upon entering the zone.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Sure he could. The two of them could float around the perimeter of the offensive zone in perfect harmony.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:46 PM
um

Quote:
Sure he could. The two of them could float around the perimeter of the offensive zone in perfect harmony.
hmmmm

Old
05-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
no. just no, i've always disliked him.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:42 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Then if we could sign Dopita, we'd have an entire second line that complements each other!

Old
05-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

If Voracek didn't play the point on the powerplay, I'd be more tempted. But we have plenty of point options. Don't think that he's worth what it would cost to get him from Philadelphia, given the state of the two teams overall.

I do think that a skilled, playmaking winger is a tempting option, especially if Johansson is converted back to center. If Alex Tanguay was available and didn't have such a long contract (albeit a very affordable rate if he maintains similarly productivity as he continues to age), he'd be a great target. Alas, his contract lasts until he's 36 and there's no indication that the Flames are going to trade him at this time.

Old
05-22-2012, 12:05 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Man how I wish the Caps could somehow nab Jamie Benn without giving up one of 8, 19, 27, or 74. I'd move any other assets in the organization for him.

Is the Stars' financial situation still grim?

Old
05-22-2012, 12:13 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Man how I wish the Caps could somehow nab Jamie Benn without giving up one of 8, 19, 27, or 74. I'd move any other assets in the organization for him.

Is the Stars' financial situation still grim?
I don't think Benn is a possibility, but I really hope we make a bold trade. Players are out there, you just have to step up with a real offer. Strong secondary offense, particularly at C has been a problem for so long. Now with the defense coming along really nicely, its especially frustrating. If we lose Semin, our second line possibilities are garbage.

Old
05-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I don't think Benn is a possibility, but I really hope we make a bold trade. Players are out there, you just have to step up with a real offer. Strong secondary offense, particularly at C has been a problem for so long. Now with the defense coming along really nicely, its especially frustrating. If we lose Semin, our second line possibilities are garbage.
Strong trade = losing trade unless you're dealing the superior asset to a desperate GM.

Hopefully Montreal is generous with Plekanec.

Old
05-22-2012, 12:36 AM
BPMrules

Quote:
He sure could, and I'm sure he will when they're both playing on the same line in the KHL All Star Game, next yr.

Old
05-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Dallas just paid Goligoski a crapload of money to keep sucking for them. They wouldn't have done that if they weren't planning on having enough money to sign Benn.

Montreal just fired the GM that would have been dumb enough to get fleeced on a Plekanec deal. The perception is that Bergevin is the opposite of Gauthier.

Might be worthwhile going after Roy from Buffalo. Coming off down year + on the outs with Ruff = could be had for low price. Low risk and reasonable caphit for a 2C.

Old
05-22-2012, 12:49 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Roy is Aucoin with a contract and slightly better hands.

Old
05-22-2012, 12:57 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

IDC anymore about a center, 2 skilled wingers and MoJo would be just fine.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:25 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Roy is Aucoin with a contract and slightly better hands.
And several NHL seasons of ~PPG production.

Old
05-22-2012, 05:04 AM
fsnoles98

Quote:
Seriously, take your Semin jersey here and go home. I'm sorry to say, chances are very good that he won't be in DC next year. Sorry about your luck.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

I would like Semin to stay where he is, with a small pay cut, somewhere between 5-5.75 mill, or go to Detroit, playing with Datsyuk will make him perennial 40/40 player.

Old
05-22-2012, 09:38 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

FWIW

Hockey News article on the matter of Semin as well as Parise and Staal.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20120522

Old
05-22-2012, 09:43 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

If you love something, set it free, if it comes back ...‎ It's broken.

Old
05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Old
05-22-2012, 09:55 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever…” –Oscar Wilde

Closed Thread