HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Parise’s dad says son would “fit right in” with Rangers

Old
05-18-2012, 03:27 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Forget Anisimov. I'm talking McDonagh, Stepan, and after that, Kreider. That's where the real money will be.
Gaborik is gone if need be in 2 years. If they need the space and decide Stepan + McDonagh > Gaborik they trade Gaborik.

There are options that people just aren't seeing. Trades can happen. And if a player like Gaborik can bring back a very good prospect ++, wouldn't that be the better way to go?

Parise + Return for Gaborik/Anisimov >>>> Gaborik

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:30 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Who says he won't be back to form? Who says Anisimov won't have a break out season and need a bigger contract? See? I can play this game too.

If we sign Parise on July 1st, and the new CBA pushes the cap down, this team will be in major trouble moving forward. This is a prime example of the UFA addiction this fanbase has. People are saying we can trade our 40 goal scoring UFA, just so we can sign another UFA who may or may not have the same success playing for this team. It's mind blowing.
Isn't that a good problem to have though? I am missing the problem with having too many players who need big contracts. It happened to Chicago after they won the Cup. We all see that their system is now overflowing with good young players because of it.

For me, I would rather have the top-end players on the team set and then back-fill the lower slots than vica versa

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:35 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekz View Post
While he would fit in to the style and system, I just firmly believe he won't live up to the contract he will get and the Rangers will once again be laughed at for signing an overpriced FA. I'd rather have Nash for the right trade.
This makes no sense. You'd rather give up a ton of assets for a guy who is already not living up to his contract than give up nothing for a guy might not live up to his contract?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Isn't that a good problem to have though? Too much young talent? Couldn't you then look to package Anisimov + for a high-end young player on a cheap contract? That is the reason it is so important for the Rangers to continue drafting well. They need these cheap contracts and if it means dealing away some of this first generation of "True Rangers' (read as Dubinsky, Anisimov, etc.) in order to keep the cap hits down on some of the depth it needs to be done.

They need top-end talent. The Rangers brass knows this. Their design is to draft and continue rolling very good depth players through while signing the correct UFA's as they will never draft high enough to get those top-5 picks where you can get a Marian Gaborik or Zach Parise unless a pick becomes a steal.
It's a good problem to have, sure, unless you want to keep all of that young talent. Shipping out young, proven players from your organization in order to keep 30 year old stars on giant contracts isn't my preferred method of team building.

If they want top end talent, the free agent market isn't the only way to get it. Tons of top teams got bounced early in the post season. There will be shake ups. That'll be compounded further if the new CBA forces teams to make roster changes due to the cap.

If this team wants to improve it's talent up front, then make a smart hockey trade. Pittsburgh picked up Neal by dealing from a surplus to fill a position of need. We have the ability to do the same thing. There are always players who can rebound in a new city. Blake Wheeler, Matt Moulson, Teddy Purcell, Michael Ryder, Radim Vrbata, Milan Michalek, Erik Cole, Justin Williams, Kris Versteeg, Mikhail Grabovski, etc, etc. All 'second tier' players or cast-offs who found their game in a new city. THAT is what this team should be after, IMO.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Cmox

I'm willing to bet that Parise is more likely to live up to expectations more so than Nash.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I'm willing to bet that Parise is more likely to live up to expectations more so than Nash.
nash is more of a pure goal scorer parise seems like a softer callahan with more offense

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:45 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Zach will NEVER sign with the Rags bra!!

He hates NY. plus
Msg sucks.
The ice and lighting is bad. (Intentionally)
The puck is heated to help the boring Rangers.
Their fans only wear suits. And their HF fans are the biggest ******bags to ever sit in front of a computer.
Torts is crazy.
Sam Rosen has a big nose.
Lundqvists pads are too big.
We are the worst of the original six. EVA!!

He doesn't want to play goalie like all the other Rangers do.

Lou (GOD) will sign him for 7 years @ $37.99 per.

Total cap hit - $265.93

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Gaborik is gone if need be in 2 years. If they need the space and decide Stepan + McDonagh > Gaborik they trade Gaborik.

There are options that people just aren't seeing. Trades can happen. And if a player like Gaborik can bring back a very good prospect ++, wouldn't that be the better way to go?

Parise + Return for Gaborik/Anisimov >>>> Gaborik
I've been saying this since the deadline.

It's why I really didn't have a problem giving up so many assets for a scoring winger like Nash at the deadline.

I didn't want to move JT Miller, but Dubi, Erixon, the 1st and some other nominal parts was not an issue.

Trading Gaborik with a year left on his contract at the 2013 draft can get us a sweet 1st round pick and then some.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Dactyl

i wonder if we could send gaby to the oilers for yakupov

Old
05-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Oh boy. Just makes this series that much more interesting. A player of Parise's character would mold perfectly but the price tag still scares me.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:57 PM
azrok22

Quote:
And if we break the bank on Parise how are we planning to keep any of the guys you mentioned?

Sure grabbing Parise would make us instant Cup favorites but there's less of a future in that if we don't win it. What if we don't?
Quote:
They will be fine. If you have to move Anisimov because he asks for too much in order to bring in another potential 40 goal scorer who fits the system that is actually a good thing. They can't keep everyone. That's the point of the Cap. Trade a couple of the younger players with potential when they are up for contracts and re-fill the system with good NHL prospects.
Bolded for truth. The Rangers were prepared to bring in Nash and his $7.8m cap hit. They can certainly accommodate Parise at a $7-7.5m cap circumvention deal in their plans, if they so desire.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:00 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
This makes no sense. You'd rather give up a ton of assets for a guy who is already not living up to his contract than give up nothing for a guy might not live up to his contract?
give that man a legit center and a decent defence and you would see 35-40+ goals every year along with 35-40+ assists every year.

Nash gets crapped on due to the poor talent he has been given and the mis-management they have perpetuated on that franchise for years.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Bolded for truth. The Rangers were prepared to bring in Nash and his $7.8m cap hit. They can certainly accommodate Parise at a $7-7.5m cap circumvention deal, if they so desire.
let the undesirables walk this offseason, sign parise, fill in the gabs with prospects (JAM, hrivik, erixon, CT, JTM, etc.) then trade dubi next year so we lose that contract and can put the money towards the resigning of prospects, then the year after let gabs go (unless he wants under 5 mil then i say keep him) and put that money into cally and hank (who probably shouldnt make much more than he is now) and whatever is left can be distributed to the youth. so unless the cap declines rapidly we are safe

Old
05-18-2012, 04:03 PM
NYRKindms

The possibility of having

Hags
Kreids
Gabby
Parise

on the same team is pretty nuts

speed speed and more speed. Not to mention another American stud NHL'er

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
give that man a legit center and a decent defence and you would see 35-40+ goals every year along with 35-40+ assists every year.

Nash gets crapped on due to the poor talent he has been given and the mis-management they have perpetuated on that franchise for years.
How many big ticket players have been moved and had their performance improve? I can't think of a single one.

Gaborik - more healthy, but not an improvement
Richards - production declined
Kovalchuk - production declined
Hossa - production declined
Gomez - lol
Drury - lol, out loud
Briere - production declined
Heatley - production declined

I'm sure there's some examples, but I sure can't think of any off hand.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

How about this plan?

We shift the focus to destroying Parise, win the Cup, sign Parise, and repeat as champions. Then we'll be set for life and they can mortgage the future all they want

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
How about this plan?

We shift the focus to destroying Parise, win the Cup, sign Parise, and repeat as champions. Then we'll be set for life and they can mortgage the future all they want
that just makes us the new blackhawks

Old
05-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
that just makes us the new blackhawks
Cool

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
you realize the distraction this could cause in the devils locker room?

one of the leaders...the captain of the new jersey devils...in a playoff series agains the rangers, arch rivals, and the team the article is talking about where zach parise would "fit in" could cause a huge distraction....i mean this isn't a friend, this is the captain's father saying that zach likes torts and would fit in with the rangers....i would think some players would be ticked and start to questions things and be distracted about it....

thats my take on it.

i won't even discuss his free agency until the season is over and he almost is a free agent

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:16 PM
severian

He hates NY. plus -i doubt this
Msg sucks. - great location but it's kind of true
The ice and lighting is bad. (Intentionally) - true but not intentional
The puck is heated to help the boring Rangers. - this is stupid
Their fans only wear suits. And their HF fans are the biggest ******bags to ever sit in front of a computer. - false and false
Torts is crazy. - true
Sam Rosen has a big nose. - true
Lundqvists pads are too big. - true but they are legal
We are the worst of the original six. EVA!! - true

He doesn't want to play goalie like all the other Rangers do. -he wants to get paid

Total cap hit - $265.93 - my guess is he signs with whoever pays him the most. probably looking for 12/78-12/84.

severian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:19 PM
XLJ

Wow their captain's father is talking about him playing for Torts during the ECF.

I'm sure the bidding for Parise will be crazy. It's possible that they could be using the Rangers to make the Devils up their offer. Red Wings will probably be involved too.

I would love to add Parise. But I'm not sure if it would be wise to hand out another big time contract.

If we win the cup this year than **** him. We dont need him.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:26 PM
MessierIsGod

I love the way he plays. I hope we get him. He brings so much energy.

Problem is if he's not willing to play goalie with Hank, torts will sit him.

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:27 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by severian View Post
He hates NY. plus -i doubt this
Msg sucks. - great location but it's kind of true
The ice and lighting is bad. (Intentionally) - true but not intentional
The puck is heated to help the boring Rangers. - this is stupid
Their fans only wear suits. And their HF fans are the biggest ******bags to ever sit in front of a computer. - false and false
Torts is crazy. - true
Sam Rosen has a big nose. - true
Lundqvists pads are too big. - true but they are legal
We are the worst of the original six. EVA!! - true

He doesn't want to play goalie like all the other Rangers do. -he wants to get paid

Total cap hit - $265.93 - my guess is he signs with whoever pays him the most. probably looking for 12/78-12/84.
Ok. We can agree on Sam.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Wow their captain's father is talking about him playing for Torts during the ECF.

I'm sure the bidding for Parise will be crazy. It's possible that they could be using the Rangers to make the Devils up their offer. Red Wings will probably be involved too.

I would love to add Parise. But I'm not sure if it would be wise to hand out another big time contract.

If we win the cup this year than **** him. We dont need him.
doubt it...the devils ownership is basically broke by reports....and are reportedly declaring bankruptcy once their season is over

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
you realize the distraction this could cause in the devils locker room?

one of the leaders...the captain of the new jersey devils...in a playoff series agains the rangers, arch rivals, and the team the article is talking about where zach parise would "fit in" could cause a huge distraction....i mean this isn't a friend, this is the captain's father saying that zach likes torts and would fit in with the rangers....i would think some players would be ticked and start to questions things and be distracted about it....

thats my take on it.

i won't even discuss his free agency until the season is over and he almost is a free agent
Hope that it splits the lockerroom and they go up in flames

Primetime Powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote