HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone wanna buy a Rider-themed Jets hat?

Old
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Samcanadian

vCash: 880
Anyone wanna buy a Rider-themed Jets hat?

I think it's actually their "St. Patrick's Day" edition...but come on, lets get serious. This is blasphemy.

Samcanadian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:19 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 50
If you're from Sask, that would be a great way to support the Jets while still angering your MB friends.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

I commented on these hats at the Jets Store when they first came out and the cashier said they had been getting a lot of negative feedback.
TNSE has said that every piece of merchandise with a Jets logo on it is approved by their sales team partly due to their agreement with the CAF. Not sure how they didn't see the issue here.

There was a thread for this sometime back.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

vCash: 500
Don't purchase them and they won't make any more.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Considering St Patty's merch is still on display at the end of May makes that a fair bet lol.
They brought out the GST shirts at the same time and those were sold out in two or three days.

Old
05-18-2012, 11:22 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 800
I have a St Patty's Jets T

awesome stuff

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Those are beautiful hats, love the colour scheme. They'd sell a lot of those at the exhibition game in Saskatoon.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Nothing says Mowing the grass or driving a John Deer Tractor like Green, White, and Black

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
Nothing says Mowing the grass or driving a John Deer Tractor like Green, White, and Black
So someone using the equipment that helps grow the food of the nation is somehow a put down?

I'm not a Riders fan by any stretch but the difference between us in Manitoba and people from Sask is minuscule and when we use stereotypes on them they could just as accurately be used on us.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:43 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 923
I heard that Saskatchewan has plenty of Jets fans. They'll eventually ship them there and they'll sell at a decent pace, especially with the exhibition game in Saskatoon. Since I really don't care about the CFL I don't see it as blasphemy but I also see no point in buying St. Patrick's day themed clothing, Jets branded or not. If Riders fans get a kick out of it, great.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:19 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
So someone using the equipment that helps grow the food of the nation is somehow a put down?
I simply associate those colours with grass/farming and farm implements in the same way I associate blue with the sky/water and grey with planes flying above or gold with fields of wheat. It's not a put down, I don't know why you'd look at it as one.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Wolf357

I have no problem with the Green Hats/T-shirts at all. I know that they were not intended for Rider fans but rather a St. Patty day thing. but if it grows support for the Jets in other areas of the country all the better.
I'm currious to see how much the Jets become more and more the nations team to cheer for (espeshaly in the JETSTV broadcast area of NW ontatio, Sask,)
In this day of Digiital Cable you can be a fan of just about any team and watch every single game. If you wanna be a die hard Columbus Blue Jacket supporter you can watch every game on TV, read the Columbus Dispatch on line, listen to Columbus sports radio stations on the internet, and so forth...
The digital age have truely revolutinized the way we as sports fans experience the game.

Wolf357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:42 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Maybe they will donate the unsold stock to some hobos.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:15 PM
ghost88*

The CFL is a joke of a league anyway.

ghost88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:17 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost88 View Post
Agree 100%

SCP Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:08 AM
PensFan6687

I will buy this hat and go to the games just to piss some of you off. It's just a hat FFS.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost88 View Post
Strange.
I would consider the joke to be Canadians buying into the NFL Kool-aid.
The NFL rose and holds its popularity due to sports betting. We are inondated with NFL coverage because people have a massive appetite for it so that they can make better bets on Sunday.

Canadians follow the CFL for entertainment and civic pride.

But realistically Fottball, in it's present form, is on its last legs due to all the medical documentation on concussions. Who can insure these guys when a lot of them admit to suffering multiple concussions before they even get to pro football? They will find a way around it but it will make for substantial changes.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:43 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 923
Quote:
Strange.
The NFL rose and holds its popularity due to sports betting. We are inondated with NFL coverage because people have a massive appetite for it so that they can make better bets on Sunday.

But realistically Fottball, in it's present form, is on its last legs due to all the medical documentation on concussions. Who can insure these guys when a lot of them admit to suffering multiple concussions before they even get to pro football? They will find a way around it but it will make for substantial changes.
Disagree with the first part. I follow the Ravens because I find the run-first smash-mouth brand of football far more entertaining than anything ever done on the ridiculously huge CFL field - the comparison is more lopsided than NA hockey versus European hockey IMO. I also just can't stand the flow of the game with 3 downs. Contrary to your belief that we're inundated with NFL coverage, I have to try really hard to be able to watch HALF the Ravens games.

Your last point may be valid. We will likely see a crackdown of some sort on violence in the game but I don't see it happening soon. The NFL is far too profitable in its current form and AFAIK there hasn't been any financial repercussions for the league, although there is that pending class action lawsuit by a group of former players.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Tdoe42

I think its funny that Rider fans are Jets fans

Just another thing too use against them when I go out too Regina for Labor day!

As for the whole CFL Vs NFL... Its possible too love both I love the NFL for all its specter but there is nothing like being at a Bomber game on a friday night will all your buddys.

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Samcanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Disagree with the first part. I follow the Ravens because I find the run-first smash-mouth brand of football far more entertaining than anything ever done on the ridiculously huge CFL field - the comparison is more lopsided than NA hockey versus European hockey IMO. I also just can't stand the flow of the game with 3 downs. Contrary to your belief that we're inundated with NFL coverage, I have to try really hard to be able to watch HALF the Ravens games.

Your last point may be valid. We will likely see a crackdown of some sort on violence in the game but I don't see it happening soon. The NFL is far too profitable in its current form and AFAIK there hasn't been any financial repercussions for the league, although there is that pending class action lawsuit by a group of former players.
...run-first, smash-mouth football...yikes. More like lousy QB, run-instead football.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Samcanadian

Quote:
Strange.

If it was just about sports betting, who'd even watch the game? Entertainment and sports betting go hand in hand. Anyone who bets on the game is going to be watching it on their edge of their seat, as wagering a bit of moolah on the outcome makes it even better.

Don't act like people in Minnesota only cheer for the Vikings because they have money riding on it.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 05-22-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: not an acceptable use of that term...
Old
05-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post

Amen brother. I follow the Detroit Lions. Started watching the NFL about 5 years ago after I was bored of the CFL. Picked the crappiest team so I wouldnt be on a bandwagon with the #1 team. I have to say it has been a fantastic journey and more exciting, better talent and more rewarding then following the CFL. I also have the same problem of not being able to watch all the games......may have to splurge on the NFL network this year.

Back to topic.

"I think its funny that Rider fans are Jets fans

Just another thing too use against them when I go out too Regina for Labor day!"

you should look at the Labor day win/lose record before you chirp rider fans
30-17 for Riders

The hats are not to amazing but its for St. Pattys of course they will be a nice shade of green

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Samcanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Amen brother. I follow the Detroit Lions. Started watching the NFL about 5 years ago after I was bored of the CFL. Picked the crappiest team so I wouldnt be on a bandwagon with the #1 team. I have to say it has been a fantastic journey and more exciting, better talent and more rewarding then following the CFL. I also have the same problem of not being able to watch all the games......may have to splurge on the NFL network this year.

Back to topic.

"I think its funny that Rider fans are Jets fans

Just another thing too use against them when I go out too Regina for Labor day!"

you should look at the Labor day win/lose record before you chirp rider fans
30-17 for Riders

The hats are not to amazing but its for St. Pattys of course they will be a nice shade of green
We could be 0-47 and still chirp Rider fans.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcanadian View Post
We could be 0-47 and still chirp Rider fans.
This is true.

but please for the love of god do not be wearing glittering gold when you do so

any predictions this year?
It was cool to see them come so close this past season, would of been nice to see the 20+ year drought broken.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
I think its funny that Rider fans are Jets fans

Just another thing too use against them when I go out too Regina for Labor day!
There are a many, many Rider fans who are also Jet fans. Inter-prairie hatred ends when football season is over. Maybe not for some of you guys...

And spend lots of money when you go to Regina, keep the boom times going!

GO JETS GO (and RIDERS!!)

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote