HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Playing in Memorial Cup: Finals on Sunday, Tinordi vs. Bournival + Ellis

Old
05-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Top Corner2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I'm sure that if you surround young guys like Tinordi, Beaulieu and Ellis with experienced, top-level NHLers playing in a NHL-level system, more than half those mistakes don't happen. You can't judge them based on their individual games as if it was an NHL game, you have to compare them to their peers, and all three of them stood out.
+1 good post.

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup Awards:
Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy (Most Valuable Player) Michaal Chaput (Shawinigan Cataractes)
Ed Chynoweth Trophy (Top Scorer) Michael Chaput (Shawinigan Cataractes)
George Parsons Trophy (Most Sportsmanlike Player) Zack Phillips (Saint John Sea Dogs)
Hap Emms Memorial Trophy (Outstanding Goaltender) Gabriel Girard (Shawinigan Cataractes)

2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup All-Stars:
Goaltender Michael Houser (London Knights)
Defence Jarred Tinordi (London Knights)
Defence Brandon Gormley (Shawinigan Cataractes)
Forward Austin Watson (London Knights)
Forward Michael Chaput (Shawinigan Cataractes)
Forward Henrik Samuelsson (Edmonton Oil Kings)
yes as I said eariler I thought Gormley & Tinordi were the best D-men in the tournament

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:37 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
yes as I said eariler I thought Gormley & Tinordi were the best D-men in the tournament
I also said this, I'll pat your back if you pat mine?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:40 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
All I heard all tournament was

"Gormley who is so good at getting those shots through, shoots, that ones blocked!"

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Doug McClean on Hockey Central was saying the Habs are set with Subban, Beaulieu and Tinordi in the next few years. I guess he did not know we have Ellis too. You can call it an embarassement of riches.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:22 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

I really liked what I saw from Tinnordi. The things people are complaining about with him are coachable, or things that are able to be learned.

At the end of the day you can't teach that size, or the fluid skating abilities he has.

He needs a mean streak

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:23 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Doug McClean on Hockey Central was saying the Habs are set with Subban, Beaulieu and Tinordi in the next few years. I guess he did not know we have Ellis too. You can call it an embarassement of riches.
The sweet thing is, is that Gorges is signed long term and then you have Emelin, Diaz, and Weber.

Not to mention guys like St. Denis, and Brendon Nash who have some intriguing potential.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup Awards:
Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy (Most Valuable Player) – Michaal Chaput (Shawinigan Cataractes)
Ed Chynoweth Trophy (Top Scorer) – Michael Chaput (Shawinigan Cataractes)
George Parsons Trophy (Most Sportsmanlike Player) – Zack Phillips (Saint John Sea Dogs)
Hap Emms Memorial Trophy (Outstanding Goaltender) – Gabriel Girard (Shawinigan Cataractes)

2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup All-Stars:
Goaltender – Michael Houser (London Knights)
Defence – Jarred Tinordi (London Knights)
Defence – Brandon Gormley (Shawinigan Cataractes)
Forward – Austin Watson (London Knights)
Forward – Michael Chaput (Shawinigan Cataractes)
Forward – Henrik Samuelsson (Edmonton Oil Kings)
Are these voted by the same people? Why is Houser the All Star G but not the best goalie.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:43 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Honestly you guys are being way too hard on either Ellis or Tinordi. Both played solid games for the most part. When it came to the overtime period, they were both completely spent, and all the top D, Gormley included, made questionable plays with the puck down the stretch.

I think it's completely useless to do anything but praise them both for stellar performances, considering that they both played nearly half the game.
habs fans being too hard on players/prospects? no. i dont believe it.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
The sweet thing is, is that Gorges is signed long term and then you have Emelin, Diaz, and Weber.

Not to mention guys like St. Denis, and Brendon Nash who have some intriguing potential.
There is also Mac Bennett playing in Michigan

With this much youth I think the Habs will start moving players like Weber who can't cut into the lineup on a regular basis. Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved at the draft

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
habs fans being too hard on players/prospects? no. i dont believe it.
People should make the difference between analysing a game and analysing a career...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:59 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:

With this much youth I think the Habs will start moving players like Weber who can't cut into the lineup on a regular basis. Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved at the draft
Oh yeah, and the forgotten man Greg Pateryn (who played with Bennett last year I believe).

I think that Weber will be moved at some point, but with so many of those guys mentioned either AHL bound next year, or not even AHL bound I think it makes sense to keep Weber and see if his trade value is higher come January, or February. Or even better maybe this is a big offseason for him and he solidifies himself as an actual NHL'er this season.

I don't think now is the time to trade him as I doubt they'd get much more than a re-up on the 3rd round pick they used to select him.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:02 PM
habsturies

Quote:

Add Magnus Nygren in Sweden,is a prospect to watch closely.

habsturies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Oh yeah, and the forgotten man Greg Pateryn (who played with Bennett last year I believe).

I think that Weber will be moved at some point, but with so many of those guys mentioned either AHL bound next year, or not even AHL bound I think it makes sense to keep Weber and see if his trade value is higher come January, or February. Or even better maybe this is a big offseason for him and he solidifies himself as an actual NHL'er this season.

I don't think now is the time to trade him as I doubt they'd get much more than a re-up on the 3rd round pick they used to select him.
Diaz and Emelin also passed Weber on the depth chart and that's without talking about the regulars on the team that are going to be around for a while. At one point you have to make a decision, if he is to be a # 7 for the next 2-3 years might as well trade him, get another pick and sign a veteran, that's what I would do

Old
05-28-2012, 01:12 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Diaz and Emelin also passed Weber on the depth chart and that's without talking about the regulars on the team that are going to be around for a while. At one point you have to make a decision, if he is to be a # 7 for the next 2-3 years might as well trade him, get another pick and sign a veteran, that's what I would do
Unless we're talking about a 1 year UFA veteran signing I have no interest in them signing a veteran.

I like Jackman a lot and have thought about the Habs signing him, but he'll want too much and too many years IMO.

People forget that Weber came out of hte gates playing like a legitimate NHL d-man last year, he was playing too many minutes, came back to Earth a bit and then never found his way again.

I'd like to see what transpires wiht Markov next year, and if he's seemingly healthy it gives the Habs the ability to move out Kaberle and then there's room for both Diaz and Weber.

If a guy like Allen could be signed for a year I'd be okay with that, but I just hate the idea of drafting a kid, developing him for 5 years and then trading him way before it can be known what exactly he can be in the NHL and getting nothing more than a mid round pick for him.

Weber is also very cheap and will be cheap after next season as well. THat's a commodity in the NHL in itself.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

What an enjoyable game to watch last night, and it turned out well for the Habs as they have 2 prospects that get to play in 6 highly competitive games, 3 that played in the Memorial Cup Final and 3 that have now won a Memorial Cup in the last 2 years.

Hopefully Bournival can build off this as it was great to see him set up the winning goal for his towns first ever Memorial Cup win. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in the AHL next season, a speedy and hard working two way center should fit in well especially on the PK.

Tinordi was impressive and I really hope they don't rush him to the NHL, having him in Hamilton next fall should be fun to see. I agree with others that he needs to improve is lower body strength and balance but over the next few years he should continue to fill out his frame. Going to be nice to have him on the blueline down the road as we sorel need someone like him to clear out the crease and stablize the backend.

Beaulieu I still think he's easily the Habs best prospect as his upside is still very high, he already has NHL level physical abilities with the great skating/mobility/foot speed and solid frame. I have some concerns over the every so often blunders in his own end which is why I have said he reminds me at times of Hainsey, in that both were tallish and skilled with the puck but suffered from brain farts from time to time. Not that I compare them overall but in that aspect, as Beaulieu will need to cut down on the errors and he's going to get caught pinching at the wrong time every so often but I can live with both and not being overly great in his own end if he can put up points like i think he will for the Habs in time. I hope they don't rush him to the NHL as well, as I hope they give him a full year in Hamilton, having both him and Tinordi alone will be worth watching the Dogs. Beaulieu clearly is very skilled but we'll see how it translates for him.

Ellis was like the rest, impressive overall and I look forward to seeing what he can do with the Dogs as well next season. Not sure if he will see PP time with the Dogs but I would assume he will see PK time (depending on how the roster shapes up) I really liked his shot blocking the most, plus he's got a solid frame and looks to have good strength/balance.

One things for sure, the Habs have 5 very interesting D prospects in Beaulieu, Tinordi, Bennett, Ellis an Dietz. We could see all of them turn pro by this time next year, with how poorly the Habs D was made up this year, it's nice to know that we could have a much better looking defense in a few years.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 01:57 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Guys, will Beaulieu be with the Dogs next year?

Old
05-28-2012, 02:00 PM
habitue*

Quote:
He could still play in St-John as a 20 y.o because he,s gonna be 20 late in the fall 2012...

But i think the Habs would prefer to have him at AHL level to develop his game.

Four seasons at Junior level is MORE than enough.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Issacar

Quote:
SInce he is a late, he could still play one last season with the Sea Dogs, it'll all come down to if the habs thinks he can still improve at the junior level or if he has more to gained to make the jump in the AHL.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I really hope so, nothing else to prove in the Q

Old
05-28-2012, 02:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
yes he will most likely be with Hamilton next year

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:05 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Thanks for the answers, I was wondering because Ellis and Tinnordi have both signed but apparently Beaulieu hasn't?

No reason for him to bei n the Q next year. Talk about a young stacked AHL defence in Hamilton.

Bealieau-Tinnordi
Ellis-Pateryn
Nash-St. Denis

And then next year guys like Dietz, Bennett and Nygren might be pushing for spots too.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:08 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Thanks for the answers, I was wondering because Ellis and Tinnordi have both signed but apparently Beaulieu hasn't?

No reason for him to bei n the Q next year. Talk about a young stacked AHL defence in Hamilton.

Bealieau-Tinnordi
Ellis-Pateryn
Nash-St. Denis

And then next year guys like Dietz, Bennett and Nygren might be pushing for spots too.
I dunno how this guy gonna recover from his season-long injury ...?

The Dogs will probably signed a couple of AHL vets to complement this d-corp like Fitzgerald last season...

Old
05-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Issacar

We still have Joe Stejskal and Mark Mitera (RFA). I think that Alex Henry deserve another 2 way contract.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:16 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
We still have Joe Stejskal and Mark Mitera (RFA). I think that Alex Henry deserve another 2 way contract.
Yrk... and re-yrk.....

Henry is gone... I think he's gonna play somewhere in Europe next year.