HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

The Playoff Bandwagon Fans

View Poll Results: How do you feel about all of these other teams' fans "rooting" for the Kings now?
Everyone's Welcome 107 68.59%
Everyone But Only If They Stay Fans 8 5.13%
Almost Everyone But Not Rivals 8 5.13%
Don't Really Care 35 22.44%
Most Bandwagoners Annoy 4 2.56%
All Bandwagoners Are Unwelcome! 5 3.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-23-2012, 05:37 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
The Playoff Bandwagon Fans

I'm having fun with our team getting a higher and higher profile, at least here on HF. I see a lot of other fellow Kings fans who seem to be enjoying other teams rooting for us too.

But there are degrees...

1) Everyone's Welcome - says it all, we welcome Sharks and Ducks, Wings and Nucks...Oil fans too!

2a) Everyone But Only If They Stay Fans - like the above but only if they still root for us next year too.

2b) Almost Everyone But Not Rivals - we like other teams' fans to adopt us but not some of the teams above who we dislike too much.

3) Don't Really Care - the bandwagon thing doesn't really affect things for me...just win baby.

4) Most Bandwagoners Annoy - this trip's just for the hardcore and loyal...the long-suffering...maybe a few other fans of long-suffering teams are ok like CBJ fans.

5) All Bandwagoners Are Unwelcome! - WE R DA GRINCH! Kings for Kings fans only!

Note: If you choose any of the above three, I consider it a "Yes, they are welcome" and the bottom three "No, not really welcome. " If you feel more than one, go ahead and pick more than one, it's check-box style.

- R
><DARWIN>
____L___L______

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:43 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Oh and in case it isn't obvious, as we have a lot of visitors from other teams' forums lately...

This poll is for Kings fans only, ones who were rooting for LA even before the regular season started this year.

- R
.><.

Old
04-23-2012, 06:14 AM
chesed

I say the more the merrier. It's nice to get positive attention from other fans, rivals or not. Fan of hockey first, fan of your team second.

I'm fairly new here (past couple of years) and I've heard lots of "Vancouver fans suck" and the respect between us and San Jose last year. Now it's almost turned around sorta.

But it's nice to see that isn't the case, and that many fans of both Vancouver and L.A. are respectful, but still rivals no doubt. If we get out of the playoffs for some reason, I'll probably be cheering Philly and hopefully I'll be welcome by their fans. Last year, I wanted San Jose to go all the way after they beat us. Hey, it's better to say you lost to Stanley Cup champions, right? It didn't work out that way, but yeah.

I relish the cheering from other teams. Having the Oilers around-the-league thread title cheer on the Kings was very flattering, even if it was just to beat Vancouver.

We've got a great team with a great 'tender, and other people are recognizing it. Given our history, we're pretty humble as fans. Now that our team is doing well, should we suddenly become elitist? Nah.

The more the merrier.

chesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Nonsense.

Those fans don't give a **** about the Kings. All they care is that the Canucks are gone.

I am glad that Detroit and San Jose are gone, as well as their obnoxious fans, but I am not fawning all over Nashville or St. Louis for doing the deed.

After all, the better teams in those series won, just as the better team in this series won as well.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
SLang

Don't really care.....and why would people demand they remain fans? That's not how the bandwagon works. As soon as the wagon hits a big bump, they all get thrown off....and rightfully so!

I say come enjoy the playoff run.....then don't let the door hit you on the way out!

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:23 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Nonsense.

Those fans don't give a **** about the Kings. All they care is that the Canucks are gone.

I am glad that Detroit and San Jose are gone, as well as their obnoxious fans, but I am not fawning all over Nashville or St. Louis for doing the deed.

After all, the better teams in those series won, just as the better team in this series won as well.
I disagree, I think a lot of Canucks' fans are cheering for LA and I've heard others say they're cheering for them, too. People saw this series as one that was played the right way, the Kings played hard, honest hockey. No diving, no whining, no embellishing. Knowledgable fans appreciate that.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
It should be nothing but love here.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
DaAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I disagree, I think a lot of Canucks' fans are cheering for LA and I've heard others say they're cheering for them, too. People saw this series as one that was played the right way, the Kings played hard, honest hockey. No diving, no whining, no embellishing. Knowledgable fans appreciate that.
Has a bunch of wins written in it. Thanks, climb aboard the wagon and have some In N Out with us, animal style for you sir.

Oh let me give you a side order of the chocolate milk shake.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:23 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Has a bunch of wins written in it. Thanks, climb aboard the wagon and have some In N Out with us, animal style for you sir.

Oh let me give you a side order of the chocolate milk shake.
Doesn't the Ms part tell you I'm not a sir: And I'm a vegetarian, isn't in and out a burger chain or something? I'll just enjoy the hockey like I have all year!

Last edited by MsWoof: 04-23-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
theMajor

vCash: 3066
the ones that annoy me the most are the Kings 'fans' that were discounting the team and writing them off less than two months ago!

i saw LOTS of people saying we were out, saying Sutter sucked and Lombardi should be fired, saying stupid stuff like " see you in October, this season is done" and some of them even saying "Canucks in 5 or 6, we dont stand a chance"

mother eff all of them! they dont deserve to be a part of this fan-base

theMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:36 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Step into the light........All are welcome.....All are welcome.......

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:39 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Who would want to bandwagon with us? Wasn't our season over like a month and a half ago?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
the ones that annoy me the most are the Kings 'fans' that were discounting the team and writing them off less than two months ago!

i saw LOTS of people saying we were out, saying Sutter sucked and Lombardi should be fired, saying stupid stuff like " see you in October, this season is done" and some of them even saying "Canucks in 5 or 6, we dont stand a chance"

mother eff all of them! they dont deserve to be a part of this fan-base
100% agree.

Those will be the first ones to say that they have been fans longer than us though and that they were just being "realistic" and not being "influenced by a few big wins" because they could see "the bigger picture."

Guaranteed you'll see PSP, Axl Rhoadz, Bobafettish, Herby and the others who don't come to mind but have been far more critical/negative than supportive of the team jump right in and cheer just as hard as the rest of us.

I swear Axl Rhaodz must have a mod who is a BFF to get those two threads insta-locked after we made the playoffs then won in the first round. That was a joke.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
100% agree.

Those will be the first ones to say that they have been fans longer than us though and that they were just being "realistic" and not being "influenced by a few big wins" because they could see "the bigger picture."

Guaranteed you'll see PSP, Axl Rhoadz, Bobafettish, Herby and the others who don't come to mind but have been far more critical/negative than supportive of the team jump right in and cheer just as hard as the rest of us.

I swear Axl Rhaodz must have a mod who is a BFF to get those two threads insta-locked after we made the playoffs then won in the first round. That was a joke.
I don't know.

I have been a fan since I was a little kid in the early 70's and around here for a few years and welcome any and all fans back regardless of their P.O.V.'s prior to today.

The reason being that I can't think of a single one of them that won't be thrilled with our successes and hoping that they're proven wrong when we have them.

Heck, I don't care if Milbury and Melrose themselves pick up Koharsky on their way to jump on board the bandwagon trailing every Oiler Hab and Wing fan behind them. We aren't an elite team just yet who can pick and choose who they want around. We'll take em all.

Last edited by etherialone: 04-23-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old
04-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

We were all hockey n00bs at some point of our lives (not talking about our Canadian Kings fans).

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
People of the world join hands
Start a love train...Love train!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

1) Everyone's Welcome - says it all, we welcome Sharks and Ducks, Wings and Nucks...Oil fans too!

OF COURSE EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO HOP ON !

2a) Everyone But Only If They Stay Fans - like the above but only if they still root for us next year too.

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU PLAN ON INFORCING THIS ? LOL

2b) Almost Everyone But Not Rivals - we like other teams' fans to adopt us but not some of the teams above who we dislike too much.

OF COURSE EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO HOP ON ! EXCEPT DUCKS FANS screw THEM j/k THEY can come too, but they only get the leftovers.

3) Don't Really Care - the bandwagon thing doesn't really affect things for me...just win baby.

JUST WIN !

4) Most Bandwagoners Annoy - this trip's just for the hardcore and loyal...the long-suffering...maybe a few other fans of long-suffering teams are ok like CBJ fans.

OF COURSE Bandwagoners are ANNOYING, that's part of their M.O.

And HOW are YOU gonna STOP THEM ? again LOL

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

No problemo . You like us ..okay...but you are a fan of an other team yes?

Sooo how long will you stay? .......Aha okay. just passing by okay just don't get any ideas and we will be fine yes?

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post

OF COURSE EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO HOP ON !

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU PLAN ON INFORCING THIS ? LOL

OF COURSE EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO HOP ON ! EXCEPT DUCKS FANS screw THEM j/k THEY can come too, but they only get the leftovers.

JUST WIN !

OF COURSE Bandwagoners are ANNOYING, that's part of their M.O.

And HOW are YOU gonna STOP THEM ? again LOL
Well, on here you would "stop" them by being mean to them on the boards and telling them to get lost. I don't see any of that so I feel the love.

- R

Old
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Who cares? i want everyone to be a Kings fan. Especially people in LA. I'd rather have bandwagon Kings fans than bandwagon Laker fans. I don't give a poop about basketball and contrary to the "I was a fan before it was cool" attitidue, I want the Kings to be as popular as the possibly can be. That way people don't look at me funny when I tell them I love hockey and the Kings.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:16 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

As long as they are hockey fans.

It's annoying to see all my Laker and Dodger fan friends coming out of the woodwork and asking about the game. If you want to be involved WATCH, SUPPORT, and BUY TICKETS.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:25 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I don't know.

I have been a fan since I was a little kid in the early 70's and around here for a few years and welcome any and all fans back regardless of their P.O.V.'s prior to today.

The reason being that I can't think of a single one of them that won't be thrilled with our successes and hoping that they're proven wrong when we have them.

Heck, I don't care if Milbury and Melrose themselves pick up Koharsky on their way to jump on board the bandwagon trailing every Oiler Hab and Wing fan behind them. We aren't an elite team just yet who can pick and choose who they want around. We'll take em all.
I get where you're coming from TG, I just get annoyed with this doomsday attitude the naysayers have, often with little or no positive comments. It's almost as though they have some weird pain fetish and need the Kings to get off on.

But as soon as the Kings do something, like hypothetically saying they advance to the 3rd or 4th round this year, they will jump in with their 'I have been a Kings fan since you were in diapers" diatribe and expect to get to share in all the glory.

Frankly, some of their posts are worse than some of the trolls we get from time to time.

Old
04-23-2012, 03:30 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I get where you're coming from TG, I just get annoyed with this doomsday attitude the naysayers have, often with little or no positive comments. It's almost as though they have some weird pain fetish and need the Kings to get off on.

But as soon as the Kings do something, like hypothetically saying they advance to the 3rd or 4th round this year, they will jump in with their 'I have been a Kings fan since you were in diapers" diatribe and expect to get to share in all the glory.

Frankly, some of their posts are worse than some of the trolls we get from time to time.
Your right. I agree, I just don't want to see anyone feel alienated because of their opinions including those of us like you who were pretty heartily hammered for being optimistic. That is why the all are welcome thing is where I am at. We all love the team, hopefully our success will give more confidence to the people who are so convinced of our failure(s) to be a little more understanding of those of us who are optimistic.

Old
04-23-2012, 03:34 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Who cares? i want everyone to be a Kings fan. Especially people in LA. I'd rather have bandwagon Kings fans than bandwagon Laker fans. I don't give a poop about basketball and contrary to the "I was a fan before it was cool" attitidue, I want the Kings to be as popular as the possibly can be. That way people don't look at me funny when I tell them I love hockey and the Kings.
When Philly got to the finals we had a lot of bandwagoners and we didn't really know how to react since mostly everyone hates the Flyers. I got really concerned when my mother, a life long Flyer hater, was singing the praises of Richards and Timonen. I remember sending my sister an email telling her about it, and as another hater, she was disgusted! It was fun though, so just enjoy it. It's better than being ignored, or worse yet pitied like we were the year of the lockout when we came in dead last.

Old
04-23-2012, 03:34 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

It's going to be a long week.

Come on in... everyone's welcome!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote