HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Schedule announcement

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2016, 02:37 PM
  #1
TPO
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Schedule announcement

Hi there,

I'm new to these parts. Was just wondering if anyone knew when the 2016/17 schedule was due to be announced?

Thanks.

TPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2016, 02:54 PM
  #2
maxim84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Last year it was announced on June 30th

maxim84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2016, 03:03 PM
  #3
TPO
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully not too long to wait then!

TPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2016, 07:37 PM
  #4
stars33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
I am interested in the division alignment assuming Beijing goes into the Chernyshev division who will be moved. And will the KHL demote a team. Yugra or Novokuznetsk would be my likely candidates.

stars33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2016, 05:30 AM
  #5
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars33 View Post
I am interested in the division alignment assuming Beijing goes into the Chernyshev division who will be moved. And will the KHL demote a team. Yugra or Novokuznetsk would be my likely candidates.
There will be no demotions.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 02:43 AM
  #6
penepi
Registered User
 
penepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPO View Post
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully not too long to wait then!
A year before that, if not two consecutive seasons, it was announced in mid-July.

penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 02:53 PM
  #7
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Can someone remind me when the first regular season game is, is it August?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 03:01 PM
  #8
hansomreiste
Kebabman
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lviv, UKR
Country: Turkey
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Can someone remind me when the first regular season game is, is it August?
On August 22, according to this official statement released by KHL,

http://en.khl.ru/news/2016/03/24/242303.html

Quote:
The regular season will begin on the 22nd of August and finish on the 18th of February. The latest possible date for the end of the Gagarin Cup final series (i.e. in the event of the series running to seven games) is the 20th of April, a full two weeks before the start of the 2017 IIHF World Championships in France and Germany.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 04:49 AM
  #9
TPO
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
The KHL doesn't seem like the most organised of leagues. They don't seem to know who is going to be in the league, the don't know when the schedule will be announced etc.

You'd have thought with the clubs being spread across the world, they'd get the fixtures out really early to allow fans to make travel arrangements.

TPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 06:13 PM
  #10
Urbanskog
Platinum Member
 
Urbanskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Espoo
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,347
vCash: 50
The schedule will be announced on July 15.

Urbanskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2016, 02:51 AM
  #11
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPO View Post
The KHL doesn't seem like the most organised of leagues. They don't seem to know who is going to be in the league, the don't know when the schedule will be announced etc.

You'd have thought with the clubs being spread across the world, they'd get the fixtures out really early to allow fans to make travel arrangements.
You seem to be pretty biased. There is a good chunk of time until the next season. The teams are anounced the schedule will be anounced on 15th July sharp. What's your problem with that? If you'd even browse this board you'd know all the dates.

If you make travel arrangements two years in anvance that shouldn't be KHL's concern I think.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2016, 11:51 AM
  #12
TPO
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
You seem to be pretty biased. There is a good chunk of time until the next season. The teams are anounced the schedule will be anounced on 15th July sharp. What's your problem with that? If you'd even browse this board you'd know all the dates.

If you make travel arrangements two years in anvance that shouldn't be KHL's concern I think.
Biased? Biased towards what?

I know that rough dates but I don't know when teams are playing at home or away. Do you? If so, why do we need to wait on an schedule?

Who mentioned booking two years in advance? I was looking at booking two months in advance.

TPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2016, 01:05 PM
  #13
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket
 
ForsbergForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,974
vCash: 500
I don't know why the KHL insists on starting the season in August, its absolutely the oddest thing i've ever heard of for a hockey league. Are they trying to somehow get a few months of play in before the NHL starts? I'd really be interested to hear the motivation behind this.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2016, 01:35 PM
  #14
Jussi
Hey everyone
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 54,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
I don't know why the KHL insists on starting the season in August, its absolutely the oddest thing i've ever heard of for a hockey league. Are they trying to somehow get a few months of play in before the NHL starts? I'd really be interested to hear the motivation behind this.
To give the national team enough preparation time for the Worlds and because their regular season is too long for European standards.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2016, 02:06 PM
  #15
kulenova seka
Registered User
 
kulenova seka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Country: Croatia
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
To give the national team enough preparation time for the Worlds and because their regular season is too long for European standards.
Personally, I don't like it. Last season summer was so hot and long in Croatia, and it is odd going to the hockey game with outside temperature being 33 celzius.

kulenova seka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 12:50 AM
  #16
penepi
Registered User
 
penepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulenova seka View Post
Personally, I don't like it. Last season summer was so hot and long in Croatia, and it is odd going to the hockey game with outside temperature being 33 celzius.
For me, this is something I absolutely love.

penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 01:59 AM
  #17
hansomreiste
Kebabman
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lviv, UKR
Country: Turkey
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penepi View Post
For me, this is something I absolutely love.
I second that. Hockey may be a "winter sport" when you're the one who is playing with friends on frozen pond but modern day competitive hockey is just a profit-oriented industry. Moreover, there is this thing called Knowledge Day by Russians and most ex-USSR republics, which marks the traditional day for the school to start, on September 1. Remember the times you studied: for most families, the year or "working season" began the moment you started packing your bag for school. So I see nothing wrong with season beginning in late August, it actually makes me feel more alive because "these long and boring, exceptionally hot, stupid summer where everyone's just looking after swimming or sleeping is gone", yeah.

When Stanley Cup ended this year, it was mid-June. Think about that - this is what happens when you start later than August. Personally, I'd pick August over June to watch hockey - to me, June is more like summer than August. June & July are "dead months" in terms of sports events in football, hockey and mostly basketball. Most people (and students) go on vacations. However, in August, people are usually back at their homes and business.

The only thing I hate about KHL schedule is those EHT breaks. I would probably care about them if I was Czech, Swedish, Finnish or Russian but at the moment they simply mean nothing for me other than taking my KHL games away. But anyways, as Jaqen H'ghar would probably say, a man needs breaks.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 12:32 PM
  #18
Go Donbass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post

When Stanley Cup ended this year, it was mid-June. Think about that - this is what happens when you start later than August. Personally, I'd pick August over June to watch hockey - to me, June is more like summer than August. June & July are "dead months" in terms of sports events in football, hockey and mostly basketball. Most people (and students) go on vacations. However, in August, people are usually back at their homes and business.

[/I]
I'm not a huge fan of the August start either, but I agree, I'd rather have an August start and an April finish, than a later start and a June finish. The first games of the season are glorified pre-season games anyways, so who cares if they have a "winter" feel or not? The championship final of a winter sport should not be played when I can smell people barbecuing and hear kids playing in sprinklers.

Go Donbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2016, 06:07 PM
  #19
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
I don't know why the KHL insists on starting the season in August, its absolutely the oddest thing i've ever heard of for a hockey league. Are they trying to somehow get a few months of play in before the NHL starts? I'd really be interested to hear the motivation behind this.
So that the Gagarin Cup can be awarded before the World Championships start. The KHL recognizes that its member nations all participate and place great emphasis on the World Championships.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2016, 04:34 AM
  #20
IamherefortheFinn
ObsessedWithTheLion
 
IamherefortheFinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Trio Areena
Country: Finland
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulenova seka View Post
Personally, I don't like it. Last season summer was so hot and long in Croatia, and it is odd going to the hockey game with outside temperature being 33 celzius.
Last season i went to a practice game against Ska wearing a T-shirt. And this is Finland we are talking about. it was really odd.

But i have actually started to like the idea that the KHL starts early and the NHL season lasts so long. That way there is only a couple of months without hockey in a year. And i can easily fill those weeks with holiday activities and watching Le Tour de France and other sports (this year for example the Euro football and track and field).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
"these long and boring, exceptionally hot, stupid summer where everyone's just looking after swimming or sleeping is gone"
Just speak for yourself

We are lucky for having over 15 C over here...

IamherefortheFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2016, 07:34 AM
  #21
TPO
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanskog View Post
The schedule will be announced on July 15.
Has anyone seen the schedule anywhere yet?

TPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2016, 07:56 AM
  #22
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPO View Post
Has anyone seen the schedule anywhere yet?
http://en.khl.ru/news/2016/07/15/310345.html
http://www.khl.ru/news/2016/07/15/310341.html

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2016, 04:08 PM
  #23
hansomreiste
Kebabman
 
hansomreiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lviv, UKR
Country: Turkey
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Just realized that Riga starts with a 6-game away tour. Also, is there any particular reason for Kunlun's weird schedule? From August 22 to September 10, which is 20 days, they have only two games to play. However, starting from September 10, they almost never have two days to rest with games coming one after another. Maybe this is something about the arena but their second game, due to be played on September 5 against Admiral is at home. If the arena was the case, I think they would have played first five or six games away, like Riga (though I guess Riga's fixture is just unlucky, I am not sure if it involves anything).

Yeah, KHL teams play 60 games in a limited amount of time and hockey clubs are used to playing games frequently but when regular season is not so long, I don't understand the reason for such a huge gap - 2 games in 20 days... Wow.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2016, 04:11 PM
  #24
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Alessandro Seren Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Europe
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
Also, is there any particular reason for Kunlun's weird schedule? From August 22 to September 10, which is 20 days, they only have two games to play.
They said they have asked that themselves to have more time to prepare the team and the arena.

__________________
Алексей Черепанов навсегда в наших сердцах
Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2016, 07:09 PM
  #25
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomreiste View Post
Just realized that Riga starts with a 6-game away tour. Also, is there any particular reason for Kunlun's weird schedule? From August 22 to September 10, which is 20 days, they have only two games to play. However, starting from September 10, they almost never have two days to rest with games coming one after another. Maybe this is something about the arena but their second game, due to be played on September 5 against Admiral is at home. If the arena was the case, I think they would have played first five or six games away, like Riga (though I guess Riga's fixture is just unlucky, I am not sure if it involves anything).
They start later because they are a new team, and obviously are short for time to form a roster, and KHL gave them 1 home game and a large gap till the second home game, so that they could fix all those issues that will surely surface after the first real hockey game for that arena.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.