HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL ticket prices

Old
01-13-2015, 01:10 PM
loppa

vCash: 500
KHL ticket prices

I thought it would be cool to have a topic on prices. I do not look into them normally, but I got curious a few minutes ago regarding them.

Is there some place online that shows the range and average ticket price per game during the season for the last several seasons, and is there such data per team also? If not perhaps people can post what they do know?

loppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Kennel

Jokerit prices are dynamic and will increase if the game is nearly sold out.

Here are the current prices for the upcoming games:
CSKA: 17,50-54,00 (kids 6,50)
Torpedo, Medvescak, Atlant: 17,50-38,50 (kids & ringside 12,50)
Slovan: 19,50-40,50 (kids & ringside 14,50)
Dynamo Msk: 17,50-47,00 (kids & ringside 12,50)

There's also been several games with very cheap ticket packets and other campaigns. Not sure if these games will have any.

Kennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2015, 01:51 PM
penepi

16, 18, 20€ in Bratislava.

penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2015, 01:55 PM
loppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennel View Post
Jokerit prices are dynamic and will increase if the game is nearly sold out.

Here are the current prices for the upcoming games:
CSKA: 17,50-54,00€ (kids 6,50€)
Torpedo, Medvescak, Atlant: 17,50-38,50€ (kids & ringside 12,50€)
Slovan: 19,50-40,50€ (kids & ringside 14,50€)
Dynamo Msk: 17,50-47,00€ (kids & ringside 12,50€)

There's also been several games with very cheap ticket packets and other campaigns. Not sure if these games will have any.
Hm, so it's difficult to say what the average ticket price is in/during the season.

Are there limits to the amount of kid tickets per game?

Does anyone have any info on Minsk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penepi View Post
16, 18, 20€ in Bratislava.
That's the average ticket price and yearly increase over the past three seasons or? (if you're not sure at least say so, don't leave us in the dark)

Old
01-13-2015, 02:32 PM
penepi

These are the constant prices for every match for this season. There has only been one exception so far; match against SKA. Each category was more expensive by 4€. Plus one against Atlant as there was a film being screened on the cube prior the match.
And ya, I might add that one is also able to purchase a 12€ ticket for the standing area but there are always like only 30 free tickets within this category.

Regardind previous two season, the prices were the same last season, and they varied in the first one. Precisely, we began with 10/12/14 for the first 7 home games. Then there was some decent increase and after that the auction came. Then the average ticket price was 30€. Of course, some exceptions like 50€ avg cost for the game against Lev and/or 60-70€ for the playoff matches vs. Dynamo did occur.

Last edited by penepi: 01-13-2015 at 02:39 PM.
penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Dueling Banjos

Went to 4th game of 2014 Gagarin cup finals in Prague, 7 eur for upper deck in O2 arena, ridiculously cheap.

Dueling Banjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2015, 03:27 AM
doctorgreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppa View Post
Does anyone have any info on Minsk?
Minsk current prices vary from 1,5 to 17 euro. The most expensive ticket price I ever saw was 25 euro. Dont forget that the average salary per month in Belarus is about 350 euro.

On the other side, there is no problem filling the arena, even against Ugra and Neftekhimik. =)

P.S. I really dont understand Russian Hockey managers in this. I have seen Dinamo Minsk playing in the old creepy arena, it was ugly, it was dark, it was ******** OLD. Like most of russian arenas now, where TOP hockey teams are playing. And the average attendance was 3000. And when Minsk Arena was built, the attendance raised up. The team still was bad, but there was a bright new arena and the show. What I want to say.... russian hockey managers, just BUILD NEW ARENAS!!!! And the attendance will raise, no matter if its Moscow, Saint-Petersburg or Novokuznetsk, everyone likes comfort. Oh.. sorry for off topic. =)

doctorgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2015, 05:02 AM
alce

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorgreg View Post
Minsk current prices vary from 1,5 to 17 euro. The most expensive ticket price I ever saw was 25 euro. Dont forget that the average salary per month in Belarus is about 350 euro.

On the other side, there is no problem filling the arena, even against Ugra and Neftekhimik. =)

P.S. I really dont understand Russian Hockey managers in this. I have seen Dinamo Minsk playing in the old creepy arena, it was ugly, it was dark, it was ******** OLD. Like most of russian arenas now, where TOP hockey teams are playing. And the average attendance was 3000. And when Minsk Arena was built, the attendance raised up. The team still was bad, but there was a bright new arena and the show. What I want to say.... russian hockey managers, just BUILD NEW ARENAS!!!! And the attendance will raise, no matter if its Moscow, Saint-Petersburg or Novokuznetsk, everyone likes comfort. Oh.. sorry for off topic. =)
You can't be serious, can you? Do you really think that it's "managers" who build arenas? Most of them are ****ing trying to stay afloat and find money to operate teams. They don't even own that crappy arenas, it's usually property of the city.

alce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2015, 11:13 AM
loppa

Quote:

But if you were to guess, what would be the average ticket price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alce View Post
You can't be serious, can you? Do you really think that it's "managers" who build arenas? Most of them are ****ing trying to stay afloat and find money to operate teams. They don't even own that crappy arenas, it's usually property of the city.
Come on, the league is financed by powerful money, and that money better invest in more big arenas soon. I mean hey, it's good for the league to have higher attendance figures, and it's good for revenue for teams.

Old
01-15-2015, 12:26 AM
doctorgreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alce View Post
By "managers" I didnt mean the managers of hockey teams, I meant people who are in charge of developing russian hockey in general.

Quote:
But if you were to guess, what would be the average ticket price?
The average price is 10-12 euros.

The following link will show you the prices for 18 december Dinamo Mn - SKA game, on the right you can see ticket prices from 25.000 to 250.000 BYR, the current change rate is 1 EUR = 18.000 BYR

https://shop.ticketpro.by/en/Event/D...81%D0%BA%D0%B0

Old
01-15-2015, 12:30 AM
loppa

Quote:
By "managers" I didnt mean the managers of hockey teams, I meant people who are in charge of developing russian hockey in general.
Does Lukashenko have any say in KHL stuff? As I understand he was a key figure in getting hockey to expand so much in Belarus.

Quote:
The average price is 10-12 euros.
About how much is Minsk's total budget, and how much of that is covered by these tickets?

I am just guessing... that say 14,000 per game, times an average of say 10 euros, times 32, gives about 4.5 million euros for the season. Not a bad figure, I think.

Old
01-15-2015, 04:25 AM
doctorgreg

Quote:
Does Lukashenko have any say in KHL stuff? As I understand he was a key figure in getting hockey to expand so much in Belarus.

About how much is Minsk's total budget, and how much of that is covered by these tickets?

I am just guessing... that say 14,000 per game, times an average of say 10 euros, times 32, gives about 4.5 million euros for the season. Not a bad figure, I think.
No, he doesn't. Building Minsk Arena was an experiment in the first place, there were no intention of raising attendance or team income. It was more like "we will have one of the best Arenas in Europe woo-hoo..." =)

But it was definitly a good move after all. Now it has become some kind of tradition for people who are visiting Minsk (for business, study, etc.) to attend hockey in Minsk Arena.

Regarding total income, 2012/13 season attendance was around 10500 x 27 games x the average price 8 euros (there are a lot cheap tickets) = 2.268.000 euros.

But I found an article regarding Dinamo Mn marketing where they claim that in 2009/2010 the income was only 340.000 USD, and three years later (2012/13 ???) 1.720.000 USD (about 1.350.000 euros). Maybe thats because Dinamo don't own their arena and about 40% of income (that is standart for belarussian state-owned companies) they give up as taxes. But I dont know that for sure.

The link (in russian only, sorry) http://hcdinamo.by/kak-minskoe-dinam...o-bolelshhika/

As for the total budget, there is some data for 2013/14 http://www.khl.ru/documents/KHL_club...funds_2013.pdf

292.944.005 RUB is about 7.000.000 EUR. Covering just 1.350.000 euros with such a big arena is not very good, of course.

Last edited by doctorgreg: 01-15-2015 at 04:35 AM.
Old
01-15-2015, 05:19 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
No, he doesn't. Building Minsk Arena was an experiment in the first place, there were no intention of raising attendance or team income. It was more like "we will have one of the best Arenas in Europe woo-hoo..." =)
As I know Minsk Arena was build due to IIHF WHC, or not?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 06:47 AM
TommyT

To my eye Jokerit has been successful in its first KHL season in terms of attendance and likely in revenue terms as well.

Average reported attendance at the Hartwall Arena was around 9,200 in the team's last SM-liiga season but the true number of spectators was somewhat lower on average - perhaps a thousand or so due to discount season tickets bartered/sold to corporate sponsors etc.

After sunday's sold-out home game against ZSKA, Jokerit will have an average attendance of roughly 10,800 for the first 24 games at the Arena. This marks a clear uptick compared to Liiga days with an increase of 1,600 spectators per game and even more if looking at the real attendance - based on my own eyes (no data on this) I would say Jokerit's reported and actual figures have been much better in line compared to previous years and I would guess there should not be any major disparity in the figures.

In terms of revenue it is likely yet a bit early to put together a full picture. Jokerit has been innovative its marketing and gate revenue management, at least given the context of a traditional and old-fashioned sports business around here. Few examples:
- New multi-game ticket plans, half season tickets, 2 for 1 campaigns have all been on the table and marketed in a fresh way.
- Role of traditional price discrimination for fan sections, upper levels and best lower bowl seats has been further increased as well. Students and pensioners have their own season tickets etc.
- However the most interesting part has been dynamic pricing in online sales as a function of time and capacity utilization - this has likely been very promising as the last remaining good seats for SKA / ZSKA / other sold out games such as Minsk on Sat 3 Jan (good day for hockey) have commanded exceptionally high prices compared to what has been traditional here, with ticket prices for fine seats reaching 50 or even 70 EUR. On the contrary you could buy a mini-plan for 11 EUR per ticket for 4 games in the the upper seats.

Jokerit's CEO stated somewhere early in the season that the average ticket price would have been slightly south of 20 EUR (don't know whether its incl VAT or not) and this has probably fluctuated since. Personally I would guess the dynamic pricing has worked somewhat favourably and the revenue would come in nicely. Last comment from Jokerit's CEO I heard was that they are happy about the capacity utilization but the average price has lagged somewhat the optimistic scenario estimates. All in all Jokerit should be in line with revenue targets for the season.

TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 06:59 AM
TommyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I guess the reasoning behind large multi-purpose Arenas is usually having all kinds of events in the (capital) town - concerts, expos etc. However, I guess the triggering event has been IIHF WHC / Olympics at least in Helsinki, St Pete, Riga, Bratislava, Minsk, Sochi etc.

To the point on building arenas to attract audience for hockey games - while there clearly must be a correlation between attendance/capacity ulitilization and arena quality/size, I guess this has not been fully proven in the case of e.g. Moscow, Prague and Zagreb where larger arenas would be (/could have been) available but for some reason or other the teams end up playing most games in a barn.

Old
01-15-2015, 12:53 PM
CPFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Last comment from Jokerit's CEO I heard was that they are happy about the capacity utilization but the average price has lagged somewhat the optimistic scenario estimates. All in all Jokerit should be in line with revenue targets for the season.
If Jokerit goes deep in the playoffs (i.e 10 home games or more), they could easily make millions out of those games alone. If that happens, I'm guessing they would at least break even or possibly generate some profit.

CPFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2015, 02:17 PM
doctorgreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
They were planning to build it since 2005 as far as I remember. But it was one of the reasons Minsk applied for WHC in 2009 (Minsk Arena was already completed)

Chizhovka-Arena, on the other side, indeed was built for WHC 2014.

Old
01-19-2015, 02:07 AM
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Metallurg Novokuznetsk ticket prices vary from 250 to 700 roubles (roughly €3 - €10), discounts for kids, elders and students. Full season tickets are 7500 - 54000 roubles (€100 - €700) with a lot of discount programs too.

The prices raised by 50-100 roubles per ticket since 2011. Fans claim that the price is too high they have a point though, because the arena is prehistoric and a lot of seats aren't thar comfortable.

MHL tickets for Medvedi are 100 roubles.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2015, 09:37 AM
TommyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Metallurg Novokuznetsk ticket prices vary from 250 to 700 roubles (roughly 3 - 10), discounts for kids, elders and students. Full season tickets are 7500 - 54000 roubles (100 - 700) with a lot of discount programs too.

The prices raised by 50-100 roubles per ticket since 2011. Fans claim that the price is too high they have a point though, because the arena is prehistoric and a lot of seats aren't thar comfortable.

MHL tickets for Medvedi are 100 roubles.
Thanks!

Would be cool to know what would be the ticket prices for teams that are not playing in a barn e.g. Lokomotiv Jaroslav, AK Bars Kazan, Traktor Chelyabinsk etc.

Old
01-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Spektanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Thanks!

Would be cool to know what would be the ticket prices for teams that are not playing in a barn e.g. Lokomotiv Jaroslav, AK Bars Kazan, Traktor Chelyabinsk etc.
Here you are: Traktor tickets price list (Sector - Row - Season ticket - One game ticket)

Roughly, one game tickets go for 250 - 750 roubles (€3.5 - €10), season tickets are 6500 - 20,000 (€85 - €265). Fan sector standing tickets cost 120 roubles (€1.5), you need to contact the fan club to get one.

UPD:
Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.
1 game: 450 - 1000 (€6 - €13.5), children's ticket 300 - 450 (€4 - €6)
Season: 8000 - 32,000 (€105 - €425)

Ak Bars Kazan.
1 game: 150 - 900 (€2 - €12), playoffs 300 - 1200 (€4 - €12)
Season: 5200 - 26,000 (€70 - €345)

SKA St Petersburg.
1 game: 200 - 1200 (€2.5 - €16), games against leaders 400 - 1600 (€5.5 - €21)
Season: 4400 - 40,400 (€60 - €535)

Dynamo Moscow.
1 game: 100 - 2000 (€1.5 - €26.5), depends on the away team
Season: 3500 - 18,900 (€45 - €250)

Last edited by Spektanto: 01-19-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Spektanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2015, 08:47 AM
York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektanto View Post
SKA St Petersburg.
1 game: 200 - 1200 (2.5 - 16), games against leaders 400 - 1600 (5.5 - 21)
Season: 4400 - 40,400 (60 - 535)
Not exactly. Price also depends on the time which remained before game and the number of unsold tickets.
For example now tickets SKA - Ak Bars stand from 720 to 1920 rubles (9.6 - 25.6)
And of course in the playoffs will be other prices

York is offline   Reply With Quote