HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

My Leafs "retool"

Old
05-19-2012, 01:57 PM
AK1990

vCash: 500
My Leafs "retool"

let me start off by stating I am not saying any of these trades would happen but rather what I would try and accomplish if I had the chance.

To Anaheim - Grabovski & Blacker
To Toronto - 1st in 2012 (6th overall) & Rights to Justin Schultz

To Edmonton - Gunnarsson, ANA 1st in 2012 (6th overall) & 2nd in 2012 (35th overall)
To Toronto - 1st in 2012 (1st overall)

- for those who say this isn't enough for the 1st overall pick. Remember Burke got the 1st overall pick to start his "sedin heist" by sending the No. 4 selection and a pair of third-round picks to the Tampa Bay Lightning for the top overall pick.

To Columbus - D’amigo & TOR 1st in 2012 (5th overall)
To Toronto - 1st in 2012 (2nd overall)

To New York I - EDM 1st in 2012 (1st overall via TOR)
To Toronto - 1st in 2012 (4th overall) & Nelson

- Brock Nelson is a physical center who is projected to be a good 3rd line center with potential to be a 2B type center. Toronto desperately needs a good hitting with scoring upside centerman to play third line minutes.

To New York R - Liles, McKegg & 2nd in 2013
To Toronto - Staal

- I know Staal has been playing awesome in the Playoffs. But Torts wants a puck pushing style of defense. Del Zotto could use some help. Sauer has been hurt and was playing well before that so I feel Staal could be moved as Del Zotto, Girardi and McDonagh will definitely be staying with the rangers for a long time. Rangers were winning fine when Staal was hurt so I believe it may be possible.

To Washington - Kulemin
To Toronto - COL 1st in 2012 (11th overall via WSH)

To Tampa Bay - Franson & TOR 3rd in 2013
To Toronto - DET 1st in 2012 (19th overall via TBL)

To Phoenix - MacArthur
To Toronto - 1st in 2012 (28th overall)

To Florida - Schenn, Frattin, CBJ 1st in 2012 (2nd overall via TOR) & PHX 1st in 2012 (28th overall via TOR)
To Toronto - Huburdeau & Gudbranson

- Breakdown would be Schenn & Frattin for Gudbranson and the 2nd & 28th overall picks for Huberdeau. Huberdeau is a former 2nd overall pick and although he hasn't played in the NHL yet he'd be difficult to pry from Florida.

With the 4th overall pick Toronto Maple Leafs select center Alex Galchenyuk
With the 11th overall pick Toronto Maple Leafs select defenseman Griffin Reinhart
With the 19th overall pick Toronto Maple Leafs select defenseman Olli Maatta

July 1st NHL Free Agency

Toronto signs Goaltender Tomas Vokoun to 1 year $4 million -- Cap Hit $4/season
Toronto signs Left Winger Dustin Penner to 1 year $4 million -- Cap Hit $4/season
Toronto signs Defenseman Justin Schultz to ELC -- Cap Hit $1.117/season
Toronto signs Right Winger George Parros to 2 years $2 million -- Cap Hit $1/season

Lineup:

Lupul/Huberdeau/Kessel
Penner/Colborne/Ashton
Kadri/Connolly/Armstrong
Brown/Zigomanis/Parros

Staal/Phaneuf
Gardiner/Schultz
Gudbranson/Holzer

Reimer/Vokoun
Komisarek

Total Salary = $59,906,000
Cap space = $10,094,000

- I personally think this team would be a top 10 team in the east. Leafs would be once again in a dog fight to be a stanley cup team. However, the Leafs future would be a lot more bright even if they miss out for one more season and they'd only be adding to the deep youthful team that is now in Toronto. This gives Burke tons of flexibility with lots of cap space and with Connolly & Armstrong's contract expiring as well as Vokoun & Penner's 1 year contracts are expiring would give the Leafs $25,844,000 in cap space before the cap would go up as it has been doing steadily ever since the lockout. That could leave Toronto with roughly 30 million to go after the two big stars in Anaheim in Getzlaf/Perry and even Shea Weber as he looks like he might end up being a UFA since Suter seems to be departing.

Toronto wouldn't be depleting the farm either by doing this they'd end up losing 3 prospects currently in the farm system (4 if you count Frattin) but they'd also be adding 3 1st round picks with Galchenyuk, Reinhart & Maatta as well as having guys like Percy & Biggs playing for the Marlies next year. The Leafs would be young and very exciting to watch.

be gentle haha

Last edited by AK1990: 05-19-2012 at 02:12 PM.
AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Noel92

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post
To Toronto - 1st in 2012 (4th overall)
So you'd trade 1st overall for 4th overall?

Noel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:09 PM
AK1990

sorry forgot Brock Nelson!! thanks for pointing it out!

Old
05-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 3259
Is it just me or does that line up look worse? (for now anyways, maybe not in the future)

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:15 PM
AK1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Is it just me or does that line up look worse? (for now anyways, maybe not in the future)
how is the entire prospect pool depleted? Blacker, McKegg, D'amigo & Frattin are only 4 guys...you'd also be getting Galchenyuk, Reinhart & Maatta. So really you only are down 1 prospect.

This may be a worse team next season but you have now big time pieces for the future. The team gets younger as well. Leaves plenty of cap space for the Leafs to go after Getzlaf, Perry, Jordan Staal, Shea Weber etc. next offseaosn

Old
05-19-2012, 02:34 PM
jammyrft

HAHAHAHA

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:36 PM
nmbr_24

I don't think that is a playoff team next year. You are relying on rookie forwards for far too much. Maybe in time they become first and second line centers but counting on them to do that next year is probably going to be pretty painful at times.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
let me start off by stating I am not saying any of these trades would happen but rather what I would try and accomplish if I had the chance.

To Edmonton - Gunnarsson, ANA 1st in 2012 (6th overall) & 2nd in 2012 (35th overall)

- for those who say this isn't enough for the 1st overall pick. Remember Burke got the 1st overall pick to start his "sedin heist" by sending the No. 4 selection and a pair of third-round picks to the Tampa Bay Lightning for the top overall pick.

- Brock Nelson is a physical center who is projected to be a good 3rd line center with potential to be a 2B type center. Toronto desperately needs a good hitting with scoring upside centerman to play third line minutes.

To Toronto - Staal

- I know Staal has been playing awesome in the Playoffs. But Torts wants a puck pushing style of defense. Del Zotto could use some help. Sauer has been hurt and was playing well before that so I feel Staal could be moved as Del Zotto, Girardi and McDonagh will definitely be staying with the rangers for a long time. Rangers were winning fine when Staal was hurt so I believe it may be possible.

To Washington - Kulemin

To Phoenix - MacArthur

To Florida - Schenn, Frattin, CBJ 1st in 2012 (2nd overall via TOR) & PHX 1st in 2012 (28th overall via TOR)

- Breakdown would be Schenn & Frattin for Gudbranson and the 2nd & 28th overall picks for Huberdeau. Huberdeau is a former 2nd overall pick and although he hasn't played in the NHL yet he'd be difficult to pry from Florida.

With the 11th overall pick Toronto Maple Leafs select defenseman Griffin Reinhart

July 1st NHL Free Agency

Toronto signs Left Winger Dustin Penner to 1 year $4 million -- Cap Hit $4/season
Toronto signs Right Winger George Parros to 2 years $2 million -- Cap Hit $1/season

Lineup:

Lupul/Huberdeau/Kessel
Penner/Colborne/Ashton
Kadri/Connolly/Armstrong
Brown/Zigomanis/Parros

Staal/Phaneuf
Gardiner/Schultz
Gudbranson/Holzer

Reimer/Vokoun
Komisarek

Cap space = $10,094,000

- I personally think this team would be a top 10 team in the east. Leafs would be once again in a dog fight to be a stanley cup team. However, the Leafs future would be a lot more bright even if they miss out for one more season and they'd only be adding to the deep youthful team that is now in Toronto. This gives Burke tons of flexibility with lots of cap space and with Connolly & Armstrong's contract expiring as well as Vokoun & Penner's 1 year contracts are expiring would give the Leafs $25,844,000 in cap space before the cap would go up as it has been doing steadily ever since the lockout. That could leave Toronto with roughly 30 million to go after the two big stars in Anaheim in Getzlaf/Perry and even Shea Weber as he looks like he might end up being a UFA since Suter seems to be departing.

Toronto wouldn't be depleting the farm either by doing this they'd end up losing 3 prospects currently in the farm system (4 if you count Frattin) but they'd also be adding 3 1st round picks with Galchenyuk, Reinhart & Maatta as well as having guys like Percy & Biggs playing for the Marlies next year. The Leafs would be young and very exciting to watch.

be gentle haha
LOL Kulemin's worth the 11th pick? VAN trades Raymond and their 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick for the 5th overall!

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:41 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

That team looks sure to win the draft lottery next year.

How many 1sts this year do you end up with? 3?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Reasonable try, but I don't think we're interested enough in trading down for D'Amigo to be sufficient bribery. We really need roster wingers.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Younghockey94

That's like the 4th Toronto rebuild/retool this week.. stop with this madness.

Younghockey94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
It's to get Mackinnon.

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:50 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Why is this on the main boards. Keep these ridiculous threads on the leafs boards please.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:53 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

I like you. You are like the first Leafs fan to try to lowball someone else for their Staal. I really like you.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:01 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:

Maybe Ducks fans will do this I just don't know if that's enough to trade the 6th overall I think it would depend on who is at #6 for Ducks
I don't see EDM doing this at all

I don't really think D'amigo adds much at all again it would depend on how the Blue Jackets rate the players. If they are thinking defense maybe if they want a forward don't think they would.
I think they might go for this one but it depends on how they rank the players.

To Toronto - Staal
They could do much better for Staal

To Washington - Kulemin
Kulemin had a bad season his value is not that high currently.
Franson is a bottom pairing guy worth around a 3rd 2 3rd's do not get you into the first round.
To Phoenix - MacArthur
MacArthur is not returning a 1st
LoL Just no to many ifs maybes with the other trades. A lot of parts an pieces for real talent. Hubutdeau>2nd overall IMO I don't see you even having the PHX 1st even if you do its late I think there is a good chance Gudbranson has more of an impact then Schenn Frattin and the rush of a late pick.

July 1st NHL Free Agency

Lineup:

Lupul/Huberdeau/Kessel
Penner/Colborne/Ashton
Kadri/Connolly/Armstrong
Brown/Zigomanis/Parros

Staal/Phaneuf
Gardiner/Schultz
Gudbranson/Holzer

Reimer/Vokoun
Komisarek

Cap space = $10,094,000

be gentle haha
My response in bold

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:

this one is my favorite

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Danny44
Rookie User

You couldn't get a 1st for KULEMIN, MacArthur. You'd also need a little more to get staal...possibly kadri, instead of mckegg. u'd maybe fetch a 3rd for kulemin, but maybe a 2nd for macarthur. just saying..

Danny44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Monarchist

Reinhart at 11?
Maatta at 19?

You want more Luke Schenns!?

Instead pick Faksa, Girgensons, Hertl - big centers with upside.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

[QUOTE=kratzbuerste;49901043]I like you. You are like the first Leafs fan to try to lowball someone else for their Staal. I really like

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Koto

almost none of these deals are remotely close in value

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Adam Banks

Anaheim isn't going to give away the 6th overall for Grabovski, not a chance.

Adam Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:09 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
I can't believe I even read half of this.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Rhaego

Laughable

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:16 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

very good effort on these proposals and the only one that really stood out that I disagree with us the d'amigo trade, but this is decently solid.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Benny FTW
C===Benny

Realistic proposals are realistic.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote