HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prust suspended 1 game

Old
05-20-2012, 08:05 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I respectfully disagree though. It really appears that way if you are only looking at it as a Ranger fan. Go to some of the other team's boards and fans of those teams say the same thing, the league is out to get them because...fill in the blank.

The fact is that because of the terrible inconsistency, every team's fans at one point or another can say and have claimed that the league has screwed them and is out to get them.

I just believe the league is run by a bunch of idiots.
Well I think we can definitely agree on the last part.

I mean yeah I figured everyone feels this way. It is just the frustration over the complete and utter inconsistency that has my blinders on. If they handled things the right way you wouldnt hear a peep out of me. But I strongly believe that this all went horrendously bad when they did not handle the Shea Weber incident the right way.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:17 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Here's the suspension video.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...178549&lang=en

05-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Sticky Fingers

Seems fair to be honest...

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Guys can you please stop suggesting that the league is biased against us. If anything, they'd have reason to be biased towards FOR us. Our team being successful is beneficial to the league. The league is pretty much just blindly inconsistent.
Maybe that's why the leauge is biased against us.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:07 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Fkn joke Shanny is.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Lone Ranger

The Parise hit on MDZ was worse than Prust's transgression. More absurd NHL justice.

Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:24 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
IMO sticking the elbow out is automatic. Shanahan got this one right. Plus, the league likes to stick it to Torts.

Prust is all heart and no brain. He's been brutal all postseason, minus a couple of strong shifts killing clock in the two Game 7s.

The league hates Torts because he makes a mockery of what theyre trying to do. Its okay for the fans to complain and criticize ad nauseum. It's not OK for a coach to be front and center every ****in day, no matter how many times he says hes "deflecting".

Mark Cuban 2.0. I dont know what will be harder to stomach for a commissioner -- Stern handing Cuban the trophy or Bettman seeing Torts raise the Cup again.

I'm just happy Prust is out. I can at least see one game where a puck is cleared when its 3 inches from the line.
I would like to know exactly what the league is trying to do. Does that horse look like torts?

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Fataldogg

I'm not upet about it. He deserved it. He takes up way too much ice time as in. At least if we are down by a goal in the third period with three minutes left, icing Prust won't be an option and we could actually put some real talent on the ice. Losing a 3rd/4th line player, who can PK well, is not the end of the world. Especially when he deserved the suspension. It was a dumb play by Prust that could have really hurt Volchenkov.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Crease

There are precedents for both sides of the argument but Prust intentionally elbowed Volchenkov in the head. 1 game suspension is fine and I'm thrilled he didn't get more.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:32 PM
eco's bones

Not that it's not fair--it is. My problem like with others here is how selective this whole process seems to be. IMO--Ovie's hit on Girardi--where he leaps upward into him--whether he connects with the shoulder first or not is a deliberate high hit and basically the thing to hit up that high is the head. No suspension for something like that is just ******** when compared to Prust's hit on Volchenkov. James Neal, Evgeni Malkin, Shea Weber have gotten off scot free on suspendible actions. Shanny has done a **** job as league suspender in Chief and it smells of politics at least some of the time. The last season hit by Orpik on Stepan is another case in point. Shanny seems reluctant to suspend players on certain teams and Pittsburgh is one of them--as Torts alluded to--which only got him fined for the second time this year and may be part of the reason he's so nasty these days at his press conferences.

I differ with some here on Chris Neil's hit on Boyle. No doubt there was evil intent on Neil's part but Boyle's crossing the blueline in an east to west manner and then tucking his head down to look for the puck when he momentarily lost control left him vulnerable and that was at least mostly his own fault.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:33 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

It's a fine suspension, but Shanny continues to be an utter ****ing joke.

Have some consistency you clown.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:34 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I'm not upet about it. He deserved it. He takes up way too much ice time as in. At least if we are down by a goal in the third period with three minutes left, icing Prust won't be an option and we could actually put some real talent on the ice. Losing a 3rd/4th line player, who can PK well, is not the end of the world. Especially when he deserved the suspension. It was a dumb play by Prust that could have really hurt Volchenkov.
Exactly,instead Torts can now play Mitchell...i have no prob with Prust,guys smart defensively n plays hard all the time....

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:36 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
I would like to know exactly what the league is trying to do. Does that horse look like torts?
The league is image conscious. Look at the NFL and NBA. They put the smack down on anything close to controversial. The NHL finally woke up but its a work in progress. Torts is a jagoff. His antics are tiresome. I'm sure the NHL is happy the Rangers are relevant again, but I would bet anything the brain trust wants to see Torts gone.

Its too easy to act professional in public. Too easy. Rex Ryan was humbled (finally). Let's hope Torts wakes up one day and realize you can be a strong leader without coming across like an insecure bully.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:41 PM
smakadeface
Rookie User

Parise's hit on MDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
The Parise hit on MDZ was worse than Prust's transgression. More absurd NHL justice.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_ZlUK66XTq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

smakadeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Boyle?

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Ice Hockey

after looking at the replay several times i truly think prust was bracing himself for the boards as to not go in face first and that's why he caught volchenkov with his elbow. had volchenkov not made any sudden movements (ducking and spinning away from a hit), this wouldn't have happened. in no way does it look like prust tried to elbow him. the first few times i saw it, although i didn't think it was intent to injure, i did think prust was trying to get a piece of him and illegally did so. now i don't think he made any effort. prust was going fast into the boards.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Noonan25

Parise video is on YouTube.... It's just as bad as prust if not worst

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
It's a fine suspension, but Shanny continues to be an utter ****ing joke.

Have some consistency you clown.
You mean @$$clown.

Skrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:53 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakadeface View Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_ZlUK66XTq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
fixed:

yikes, I didn't even remember seeing that during the game. Too bad there is no good replay of it.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
Parise video is on YouTube.... It's just as bad as prust if not worst
have a link? I can't find it when I search his name.....

sorry. got it.

Skrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:04 PM
DutchShamrock

There's a pattern. We all know it, every one does. Star players don't get suspended... low and behold star players aren't repeat offenders. No matter what they do, they are always judged as non-repeat offenders. Crosby never slewfooted anyone because he was never suspended for it. The next time he does it is the first time, every time. It's just a tool they created to dole out punishment according to their agenda, not according to the crime.

We should be kind of happy, they are so transparent with their agenda it's obvious and predictable. At least we are positive we are being screwed instead of constantly wondering.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:15 PM
mooskating
flex

zubrus on stralman and parise on del zotto both should've been looked at. both COULD HAVE gotten a game. the fact that they didn't get reviewed and prust did is a shame. glad prust only got 1 game--def earned a game for it though i don't think he intended to get his head at all. guy went down in a vulnerable spot avoiding the hit as prust shoved the guy who was avoiding the hit. if you're trying to avoid it hit fine, but the ducking is what screwed prust.

i just don't understand parise/zubrus not being looked at for either hit. both were dirty and 'reckless'. both involved high elbows.

mooskating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:17 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Sadly it's probably because MDZ didn't stay down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
I think Prust deserved a game as I stated yesterday. He threw an elbow to the head. Parise did the same thing except he jumped to do it.
And maybe because NBC didn't find it worthy enough to show a replay or even comment on it. How is it that after the Prust elbow, that there is no replay and no outrage. There was plenty of outrage with Prust and he didn't leave his feet.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanger94 View Post
And maybe because NBC didn't find it worthy enough to show a replay or even comment on it. How is it that after the Prust elbow, that there is no replay and no outrage. There was plenty of outrage with Prust and he didn't leave his feet.
YES! And that's the exact same reason why Phillips on Cally wasn't reviewed either. NBC fails to mention a dirty play. Therefore, it never happened.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:32 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
fixed:

yikes, I didn't even remember seeing that during the game. Too bad there is no good replay of it.
Thank NBC for that. It was bash the Rangers during and in between periods the whole night. You know what, when does it stop becoming coincidence. From day one, when these playoffs began,for whatever the hell the reason is, it is as plain as the day that this Network, goes out of it's way to bash the Rangers. After the 1st period, you would have thought that we were behind 4 to 0, the way they carried on. I know we didn't play that great, but it's to the point that I'd rather watch the game with the sound off. It's tense enough as it is watching Playoff Hockey. To listen to this broadcast compounds the unnecessary stress watching the games.

varanger94 is offline   Reply With Quote