HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

This Kreider Kid...

Old
05-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Dactyl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
No one has ever given me a good reason why we allow players to go from the NCAA to the playoffs in the same season
remember that guy zach parise yea you guys did the same thing so shut up

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
He's not apart of the franchise til he's signed a contract that allows him to play an NHL game. I don't get why it's fair to do that with an NCAA prospect but not any other free agents
Except he wasn't a free agent, so I don't know what "other free agents" have to do with this.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
He's not apart of the franchise til he's signed a contract that allows him to play an NHL game. I don't get why it's fair to do that with an NCAA prospect but not any other free agents
Actually they can. The Senators did it with Silfverberg (SEL) and Stone (WHL). There is absolutely nothing preventing the Devils from signing Merrill or Wedgewood or Wohlberg and putting them in the lineup. Basically what you're whining boils down to is the fact that the Rangers had an NHL ready prospect to sign and the Devils do not.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LordsCup*

Quote:
But he didn't have a contract
He is still Rangers property. A free agent means other teams can sign him, could anyone sign him? NO. He is rangers property with a contract or not.

LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Roomtemperature

And it wasn't right then either

Roomtemperature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Did you complain then? Or did you start to have a problem with it when it benefitted the Rangers?

Old
LordsCup*

Quote:
Says who?

You?

Certainly not the NHL rule book.

LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Roomtemperature

Also with a salary cap he doesn't count against it so it's like a free player.

Old
05-19-2012, 04:59 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
That's wrong. His rights belong to the NHL team, thus he is part of the NHL Franchise. He can play in Traverse City on the Rangers as long as he pays to get there (based on NCAA rules). He can talk to members of the organization and they can talk to him to make sure he's doing things they want him to do.

It's not mercenary work, and he'd have played a regular season game had his team not gone on and won the NCAA Title. He played through the tough NCAA season, so why isn't he allowed to play?

Guess players like Mark Stone (CHL) and Silferberg (SEL) should not have been able to play for the Sens in round one?

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Boyle Knows Santa

Quote:
But he didn't have a contract. An RFA is still a team's propert but a free agent and Krieder didn't have to sign thus free agent
Still a difference. A different team can tender a RFA, can't do that to a previously unsigned draft pick.

This is a unique situation permitted under NHL rules. I don't see what there is to complain about. It's not like NHL teams are constantly bringing in drafted college kids as ringers.

Boyle Knows Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blue425

This is at least the second thread RoomTemperature has been crying about the unfairness of the Rangers being allowed to sign a player they drafted, and have him play in the playoffs.

Which is something every team in the league has the ability and right to do.

Haters gonna hate.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

so roomtemperature do you have a problem with signing prospects and puting them in the ahl if not please explain

Old
Roomtemperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Did you complain then? Or did you start to have a problem with it when it benefitted the Rangers?
Well it's hard to play hypotheticals because before Krieder I didn't know this thing was possible.

Old
05-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Who cares? Even if he did count, we would still have space for him.

Old
05-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Well it's hard to play hypotheticals because before Krieder I didn't know this thing was possible.
You didn't? Didn't you just say that it was still wrong when the Devils did it with Parise?

Old
05-19-2012, 05:02 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
The Rangers had more than enough cap room to sign him if it required it. You keep attempting to find different arguments once your previous one is shown to be irrelevant. Basically, that means that you're looking for reasons to believe that the Kreider signing shouldn't be allowed simply because you don't want it to. As I've already pointed out to you, there is absolutely nothing preventing the Devils from doing the exact same thing with their prospects. Your complaining boils purely down to the fact that you are not enjoying watching a young Ranger succeed.

Old
05-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Sonny Lamateena

vCash: 50
Quote:
Because he wasn't a free agent, his NHL rights have belonged solely to the Rangers since he was drafted, he could not sign with them and still be able to play College Hockey. Jakob Silfverberg and Mark Stone hadn't played an NHL or AHL game with the Sens and were able to step right into the Sens playoff lineup are they mercenaries?

Sonny Lamateena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
No one has ever given me a good reason why we allow players to go from the NCAA to the playoffs in the same season
Do you not understand that 99% of the time not playing 1 regular season game before stepping into the playoffs is a negative? It means 99% of the time that the guy doesn't have any experience and won't be a big contributor. The lack of experience is a bigger obstacle than the fresh legs is a benefit.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

Quote:
parise and iginla

Old
05-19-2012, 05:04 PM
blue425

Quote:
And we have a winner.

That you see is your problem. You didn't know. Which would explain why you seem to be the only person that has a problem with it.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 05:06 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
I explained it to you once before, and you just wont shut up about it.

It's a depth move. Just like baseball and basketball, you are allowed to promote players from the minors, the development leagues, the CHL and college.

The decision was Kreider's and Kreider's only. He opted to leave school and GET PAID FOR A LIVING. Heaven forbid.

Once he renounced his NCAA rights, he's a pro athlete. The only reason why he never played a regular season game was because he played for a good NCAA team who was going deep into the postseason.

If BC went 0-33, He would have been a Ranger in the regular season and made you happy.

But the NCAA cant make two different rules for two different circumstances.

You are allowed to join your pro team any time you want, as long as they allow it.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Roomtemperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
And we have a winner.

That you see is your problem. You didn't know. Which would explain why you seem to be the only person that has a problem with it.

I really wish this happened with a Kings or Coyotes player so I could have credibility on the subject.

Old
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Do you not understand that 99% of the time not playing 1 regular season game before stepping into the playoffs is a negative? It means 99% of the time that the guy doesn't have any experience and won't be a big contributor. The lack of experience is a bigger obstacle than the fresh legs is a benefit.
I know, right? You'd think that it's a huge advantage to step into the middle of the playoffs with absolute no professional experience with the way he is describing it. If "fresh legs" as he wants to call it was such an asset that it alone allowed college players to tear up the NHL in the most difficult portion of the season then teams would be doing it constantly. And if teams did it constantly then he would not be complaining about it, because it would be the norm. His whining has been and will continue to be that the Rangers are in the rare situation where they had an NHL ready talent in their organization ready to step up as the playoffs began, and that his college team happened to go so far that he couldn't join the Rangers until the playoffs started.

Anyone know what Danny Hobbs is up to? Sather should hit him up because the Rangers could use some more "ringers" with "fresh legs" to tear it up for us.

Old
05-19-2012, 05:08 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
I really wish this happened with a Kings or Coyotes player so I could have credibility on the subject.
Using this logic, there should be "credible" Kings and Coyotes fans coming in here agreeing with you, no? Why is that? Could it be that perhaps you are, in fact, just a bitter Devils fan?

Old
05-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Roomtemperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I explained it to you once before, and you just wont shut up about it.

It's a depth move. Just like baseball and basketball, you are allowed to promote players from the minors, the development leagues, the CHL and college.
But in the MLB if you weren't apart of the roster af any point before September you aren't eligible for the playoff roster ( save for DL players)