HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - bos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2012, 07:24 PM
  #76
Dellstrom
We Like Eich
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Is that what you took from that.
Really!

Begeron is good for 8 more points than gagner right Know.
A player with head injury history.
A Cap hit of 5M versus 2.5-3m
So 2-2.5M for 8 more points. LOL Really.
I know he faces 2nd and 1st comp.
But 2.5M for 8pts and a role he will not play on the oilers.
Silly to think of roles on a team.
So we're playing NHL 12? Oh.

I thought having arguably the best defensive play in the league meant something. How silly.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
  #77
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
By unorthodox do you mean terrible?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:22 PM
  #78
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Is that what you took from that.
Really!

Begeron is good for 8 more points than gagner right Know.
A player with head injury history.
A Cap hit of 5M versus 2.5-3m
So 2-2.5M for 8 more points. LOL Really.
I know he faces 2nd and 1st comp.
But 2.5M for 8pts and a role he will not play on the oilers.
Silly to think of roles on a team.

Dubnyk what 12 years younger than thomas.
It is silly of me to think that a 38 yr old Goalie with a high volume of play would start to decline. LOL.
Thomas has allways been a reflex goalie. Can you imagine thinking like this.

Dubnyk's segmented progression over the last two years is:
.908Sv%
.914 SV%
.920 SV%

What are the odds a 6'5' Goalie taken in the 1st round will improve. I hear there is no logical way to think that could happen. LOL.

Mcquaid worse than sutton?
Not what was said.
Sutton already signed for a 6-7 Role

with Smid -Petry having the 11th best GA when paired together for tough comp D pairs.

We have an Oiler depth structure.
Smid-Petry
XXX-Schultz
Whitney-XXX
Sutton-Potter

With Sutton a top 50 PK dman Available for the #6 -7 role.
McQuaid might IMPROVE the D. But he will be set at #6 for the next three years.
Klefbom is coming to fill that role in 2013-14.

Yes lets trade for a player that will be replaced in a year. by a WJC allstar.
but hey what does that mean: WJC Allstar
Buwmeester, Colaiacovo, Pitkanen, Phanuef, Suter, Bourdon, J. Johnson, Letang, E. Johnson, Doughty, Hedman, Karlsson, Subban, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Ellis, Orlov, Gormeley, Klefbom.
Clearly a meaningless list.


We need a top pairing Dman to slot with Schultz a former top pairing Dman. Gives us depth and protection against injuries. we will have 5 Dmen who handled tough comp When healthy.

Smid, Petry, XXX, Schultz, Whitney.

So what you said was exactly what I was thinking.
You should put the calculator down and watch some games once in a while...you might learn something.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 08:43 AM
  #79
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Unorthodox proposal here.

To EDM
P. Bergeron
T. Thomas
Adam McQuaid
2013 1st RD

To BOS
2012 1st overall
2013 1st RD
Gagner
Peckham or prospect
Cap space to go after Suter

I probably put too many players in.

Personally i dont feel my original idea of Bergeron for the 1st overall was even so i added the final year of T Thomas' career and Adam McQuaid. Bergeron(9) for 1st overall (10),swap 1st rounds next year for McQuaid (move up probably into top 10) (even), Thomas' last year(9) for Gagner and Peckham(9). I dont feel Dubnyk is the guy. We lost a right shot when Gilbert left for Shultz.


Oilers fans would be angry seeing this but we gain 3 cup rings... and end up losing likely a bure rw another top 10 pick and sam the man gagner but get bergeron, who does everything, a great goalie, and a hard nosed RHD to level our d corps. Plus we get the motivation of swapping picks with someone...thus removing the safety net of a consolation prize for sucking.
Line up would look like

Hall Nuge Ebs
Magnus Bergeron Hemsky
Smyth Horcoff Harti
Eager Belanger Jones

Smid Petry
Whitney McQuaid
N Schultz Potter

T Thomas
Dubnyk
If Edmonton is trading their 2012 1st and 2013 1st, the package has to include Rask, Hamilton +++++++

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:01 AM
  #80
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Unorthodox proposal here.

To EDM
P. Bergeron
T. Thomas
Adam McQuaid
2013 1st RD

To BOS
2012 1st overall
2013 1st RD
Gagner
Peckham or prospect
Cap space to go after Suter

I probably put too many players in.

Personally i dont feel my original idea of Bergeron for the 1st overall was even so i added the final year of T Thomas' career and Adam McQuaid. Bergeron(9) for 1st overall (10),swap 1st rounds next year for McQuaid (move up probably into top 10) (even), Thomas' last year(9) for Gagner and Peckham(9). I dont feel Dubnyk is the guy. We lost a right shot when Gilbert left for Shultz.


Oilers fans would be angry seeing this but we gain 3 cup rings... and end up losing likely a bure rw another top 10 pick and sam the man gagner but get bergeron, who does everything, a great goalie, and a hard nosed RHD to level our d corps. Plus we get the motivation of swapping picks with someone...thus removing the safety net of a consolation prize for sucking.
Line up would look like

Hall Nuge Ebs
Magnus Bergeron Hemsky
Smyth Horcoff Harti
Eager Belanger Jones

Smid Petry
Whitney McQuaid
N Schultz Potter

T Thomas
Dubnyk
No. Why? Because Boston likes winning.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:48 AM
  #81
Ciccio1980
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
How about seguin Hamilton
for edm 1st
and say thanks

Ciccio1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:50 AM
  #82
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccio1980 View Post
How about seguin Hamilton
for edm 1st
and say thanks
Hamilton

for

RNH
Eberle

and say thanks

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:30 AM
  #83
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccio1980 View Post
How about seguin Hamilton
for edm 1st
and say thanks

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.