HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-wpg

Old
05-20-2012, 02:25 AM
cgf

vCash: 500
Col-wpg

As a trade to be made if both teams fail to fill their biggest needs in FA.

Colorado Trades:
Matt Duchene, C
Tyson Barrie, RHD
2nd round pick

Winnipeg Trades:
Tobias Enstrom, LHD
Alexsandr Burmistrov, C/W

Thoughts? Not really sure if either team would really do it in real life, but I could see it being a trade that helps both teams if it ever did happen. Gives WPG that allstar caliber top line C and a rookie that profiles as a very enstrom-esque player. Colorado gets a great partner for EJ and a kid who reminds me a lot of Radar before this season, he's shown his prowess on D, flashed his offensive skill, but still hasn't put his game together on both ends of the ice consistently yet.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:57 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Avs say no.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 02:58 AM
quesosauce

i like enstrom a lot, i think asking for burmistrov is asking too much from wpg. dutchy for enstrom is fair, but barrie and a 2nd for burmstrov isnt fair enuf

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesosauce View Post
i like enstrom a lot, i think asking for burmistrov is asking too much from wpg. dutchy for enstrom is fair, but barrie and a 2nd for burmstrov isnt fair enuf
Duchene>=Burmi
Enstrom>=Barrie, 2nd

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:28 AM
CobraAcesS

Your over valuing Enstrom quite a bit.. Hes a small puck moving D.. NOT a top paring defenseman. Burmistrov has not done ANYTHING yet in the NHL I don't care how much potential you think he has.

Duchene is a FRANCHISE center, try E. Kane and then add a pick or prospect. That's about the only way you get Duchene.

Seriously? You really expect a star center that put up 67 points as a 20 year old to be moved for two secondary pieces just because he had a rough year with injuries? People are seriously over valuing puck moving defenders. The super valuable defenders are guys that can or have the potential to do it all and be clear cut No. 1 or No. 2s

Guess what's even more rare than that? Franchise potential No. 1 centers..

Go make that offer for Tavares or Eberle and see what kind of answer you get. Give your head a shake..

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 03:54 AM
NHL33*

I don't think Winnipeg does that trade.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Pure

No to trading Duchene.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Your over valuing Enstrom quite a bit.. Hes a small puck moving D.. NOT a top paring defenseman. Burmistrov has not done ANYTHING yet in the NHL I don't care how much potential you think he has.

Duchene is a FRANCHISE center, try E. Kane and then add a pick or prospect. That's about the only way you get Duchene.

Seriously? You really expect a star center that put up 67 points as a 20 year old to be moved for two secondary pieces just because he had a rough year with injuries? People are seriously over valuing puck moving defenders. The super valuable defenders are guys that can or have the potential to do it all and be clear cut No. 1 or No. 2s

Go make that offer for Tavares or Eberle and see what kind of answer you get. Give your head a shake..
Yup, that seems about right.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Dont like this from the Avs stand point. Im a huge fan of Enstrom, and I do hope the Avs make a play for him, but if we trade Duchene it wont be for anything less then a huge overpayment, and IMO we overpay in this deal. Duchene holds more value then Enstrom, theres no questioning that, and at this point Barrie + 2nd is closer to Burmistrov then Enstrom to Duchene IMO.

If it was Enstrom + Burmi for Duchene + Barrie, without the pick added, I think its alot closer in value. But the Avs dont move Duchene unless its huge overpayment. It would have to be something like Enstrom + Burmi + Little for Duchene + Barrie + 2nd for the Avs to do it, and I highly doubt Winnipeg does that, but thats what it would take for the Avs to move Duchene.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:50 AM
TSA0402

Quote:

Let me guess... you're an Avs fan?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Goulet17

Isn't Enstrom a UFA in one year? It seems like an extraordinarily risky trade proposal for Colorado.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:57 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Isn't Enstrom a UFA in one year? It seems like an extraordinarily risky trade proposal for Colorado.
Yep, I don't see the main piece in a Duchene trade being able to walk in one year. Avs would have to a strong indication from Enstrom's camp that he intends to re-sign with them for the Avs to even consider it.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Yep, I don't see the main piece in a Duchene trade being able to walk in one year. Avs would have to a strong indication from Enstrom's camp that he intends to re-sign with them for the Avs to even consider it.
Exactly, I'm a big fan of Enstrom, but Avs can't trade Duchene for a rental.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:46 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Let me guess... you're an Avs fan?
Just tired of trade proposals for our centers that only serve the team proposing the deal. Does anyone honestly think Colorado will give up one of our young top 6 centers for anything less than overpayment and exactly what we need?

Some of the trade proposals Ive seen recently are just ridiculous.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Just tired of trade proposals for our centers that only serve the team proposing the deal. Does anyone honestly think Colorado will give up one of our young top 6 centers for anything less than overpayment and exactly what we need?

Some of the trade proposals Ive seen recently are just ridiculous.
Well you posted that Enstrom isn't a 1st pairing D-man which is nonsense, Jets fans have every right to disagree with that.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:38 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:

How can you possibly say that?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Enstrom isn't valuable enough on a 1 year contract to justify trading Duchene. Burmistrov doesn't make up enough of that difference, even if I'm a big fan of his.

I also have a hard time believing Enstrom would be as effective in the West as he is in the East.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:17 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Well you posted that Enstrom isn't a 1st pairing D-man which is nonsense, Jets fans have every right to disagree with that.
How is Enstrom any different from guys like Carle or Shattenkirk? Neither of those guys are top pairing defenders. Besides that we have two young smaller puck moving guys in Elliott and Barrie. Why the hell would we need Enstrom?

People don't take into account the other teams needs at all when they make proposals like this just what they want. Like I said everyone seems to think they can get one of our centers for secondary pieces and it's insulting.

Old
05-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Avs say no in my opinion.

Duchene will still be a PPG + player.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
How is Enstrom any different from guys like Carle or Shattenkirk? Neither of those guys are top pairing defenders. Besides that we have two young smaller puck moving guys in Elliott and Barrie. Why the hell would we need Enstrom?

People don't take into account the other teams needs at all when they make proposals like this just what they want. Like I said everyone seems to think they can get one of our centers for secondary pieces and it's insulting.

Keep it up dude. Sooner or later you will find someone that agrees with you that Enström is not a top pairing D-man.

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:28 AM
cgf

Quote:

Enstrom, and Shatty for that matter, are on a completely different level than Carle defensively. Enstrom has been cleaning up Buff's mess for a couple years now and done an excellent job. His position, stick work and mobility make him an excellent defensive defender. Plus he's a lefty and proven on the NHL level. Elliott showed he clearly wasn't ready last season and Barrie, despite looking solid still has a ways to go to be a good NHL regular, much less top pairing guy like Enstrom, and again neither is the lefty top pairing partner we need for EJ.

PS I'm an Avs fan and the irony of you telling anyone that you're sick of proposals for our centers is just too rich not to comment on, especially in a trade where we're getting back a kid like Burmistrov so unlike any of your trades we'd still have a gifted young 3rd Center.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
PS I'm an Avs fan and the irony of you telling anyone that you're sick of proposals for our centers is just too rich not to comment on, especially in a trade where we're getting back a kid like Burmistrov so unlike any of your trades we'd still have a gifted young 3rd Center.
+1... how many proposals have we seen now where Duchy or O'Reilly get traded for some winger?

But the problem still remains, Enstrom isn't worth a 1 year rental at the cost of Duchy.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:55 AM
km204

Hell yes from Winnipeg. Although we would be pretty small down the middle with Duchene and Little.

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 12:47 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 831
No way the Avs do it with Enstrom being a UFA in 1 year. Even disregarding contracts (hypothetically), the value seems skewed in Winnipeg's favor. I really like Burmistrov but realistically he hasn't proven enough in the league to bring what most would consider a fair return for a player of his potential.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 01:07 PM
LeafsYoungGuns

I think the pick would have to be switched to WPG giving it up because Enstrom contract is up soon, other than that a trade with this basis might work.

LeafsYoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote