HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Players you would like to see Detroit draft

Old
06-15-2012, 09:02 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Bah! People were real sour on Dandenault by the time he left, and maybe rightly so, but the guy was a versatile contributor for us for a while.
I thought Dandenault was OK as a forward. When he went to D, not so much. Especially the year he was paired with Lidstrom. He was the only defenseman who ever looked terrible next to Lidstrom. Dumb as a rock.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Probie

What do you guys think of Anton Slepyshev? Big kid who has good skills. Hes slotted to go around that time anyways. Maybe by the time he makes it Datsyuk might be playing still.

Last edited by Probie: 06-16-2012 at 01:35 AM. Reason: typos
Probie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Adityase

Send a message via AIM to Adityase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
If I was Holland and offered 19th overall for Quincey, Quincey would be on a plane before I hung up the phone.

Quincey can be replaced VIA UFA in a heartbeat at a price equal to or less than he will make as an RFA
Quincey will be better with a defined role and a full training camp. Still think we overpaid but losing Lidstrom, Rafalski and Stuart in 2 offseasons means Holland was justified and did a positive thing.

What happened to all the jerks who hated on Holland for letting Quincey go in the first place? Are these Holland haters completely different people?

Adityase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 01:55 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityase View Post
Quincey will be better with a defined role and a full training camp. Still think we overpaid but losing Lidstrom, Rafalski and Stuart in 2 offseasons means Holland was justified and did a positive thing.

What happened to all the jerks who hated on Holland for letting Quincey go in the first place? Are these Holland haters completely different people?
What does Lidstrom, Rafalski and Stuart have to do with justifying the Quincey trade.

Quincey is quantity-type player. Not a quality guy.
You can replace quincey easy in a UFA market.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:14 AM
Sportsfan1

Quincey still not worth a first round pick, honestly one of the few times with Holland where it was wtf are you thinking? Especially since the Wings would've had a decent first round pick.

Just out of curiosity no chance you guys trade up into first round you think?

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:24 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
If I was Holland and offered 19th overall for Quincey, Quincey would be on a plane before I hung up the phone.
At the time of the trade it was something like #29 overall. We were leading the league in points, but NY Rangers had the best pts percentage.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:49 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
What does Lidstrom, Rafalski and Stuart have to do with justifying the Quincey trade.
You mean other than the fact that there are huge holes on our blue line?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Tatar

If we could trade Franzen for a pick between 7-12 I'd be happy.

Holland please take Jake McCabe at 49th

Tatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
I just don't undrestand why people are crying after that 1st round pick lo loud? Of course it was a loss, but not the end of the world. This 2012 draft is not very deep at first round, there has speculation that maybe there's 15 quality 1st round talents.

And when they are ready, they are ready after five years.

Quote:
“We got some kids (in the organization),'' Holland said. “The time is now. It's (Quincey) not a rental. We think he makes us better and deeper on the back end. That first-round pick, if it's a good pick, he would have played in Detroit five years from now.''
Our draft at last year was IMO so successful, that we are in fine shape. And I mean at fine shape after those five years, when our current prospects start peaking (and what timely period that prime-hitting 1st for Quincey was lost).

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:05 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Would love for detroit to draft any of Lukas Sutter, Scott Kosmachuk, Coda Gordon or Hank Samuelsson

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:40 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Would love for detroit to draft any of Lukas Sutter, Scott Kosmachuk, Coda Gordon or Hank Samuelsson
I took Kosmachuk in the Mod Mock Draft. The other three you mentioned were gone. I also considered Schmaltz and Gemel Smith, as they were both gone by my pick (which was actually 48th).

From what I've read, Kosmachuk is the kind of player the Wings need. We need more honey badgers.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:24 PM
winger7020

Quote:

Quincey is quantity-type player. Not a quality guy.
You can replace quincey easy in a UFA market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Quincey still not worth a first round pick, honestly one of the few times with Holland where it was wtf are you thinking? Especially since the Wings would've had a decent first round pick.

Just out of curiosity no chance you guys trade up into first round you think?
Quincey is worth a first round pick. We should never have let him go. He makes some bonehead mistakes but this guy was playing Lidstrom minutes in colorado. He is a top 4 defensemen on just about any team in the league and those aren't replaced by free agency when every other team is willing to pay out stupid contracts during FA just to meet the floor.. After training camp and some games under his belt next season he will prove his worth.

winger7020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:32 PM
PelagicJoe

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I look forward to maybe seeing the 49th pick play for the wings in 2020.
No kidding. Most of our prospects never see the light of day, it seems.

PelagicJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:34 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

As of now, Quincey sucks. Don't care what he did on other teams, he sucked for the Wings. Will he improve and make himself worth that 1st rounder next season? Don't know. Sure hope so. Won't be holding my breath though. The guy seemed to lack hockey sense a lot more than he lacked familiarity with the Wings system. Hope he proves me wrong, otherwise it was a bad trade.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:38 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7020 View Post
Quincey is worth a first round pick. We should never have let him go. He makes some bonehead mistakes but this guy was playing Lidstrom minutes in colorado. He is a top 4 defensemen on just about any team in the league and those aren't replaced by free agency when every other team is willing to pay out stupid contracts during FA just to meet the floor.. After training camp and some games under his belt next season he will prove his worth.
I agree we shouldn't have let him go. He was worth the draft pick. ONCE.
He's not worth a first on top of it.

Old
06-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40 View Post
I hope that Quincey deal doesn't bite us in the butt. I don't think it will, but you never know. It'll be interesting to see who is picked 19th overall.
19th is a pretty good draft number, hell of a lot better than 49...

Maybe they will get Hampus Lindholm.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:25 PM
zetterberg40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I took Kosmachuk in the Mod Mock Draft. The other three you mentioned were gone. I also considered Schmaltz and Gemel Smith, as they were both gone by my pick (which was actually 48th).

From what I've read, Kosmachuk is the kind of player the Wings need. We need more honey badgers.
We just need some kids with a little size (not saying all the ones i listed do) and have a scoring prowless. I wouldn't mind us taking some very, very raw talents..

Old
06-18-2012, 07:26 PM
zetterberg40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
19th is a pretty good draft number, hell of a lot better than 49...

Maybe they will get Hampus Lindholm.
If Hampus is around at 19, ill be god damn livid.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:48 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Yes Sutter and Kosmachuk would be great. They need to take best player available but if one of these guys is there you take them. I think Sutter and Samuelsson will be gone in round 1 or early in round 2 though.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:02 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
We just need some kids with a little size (not saying all the ones i listed do) and have a scoring prowless. I wouldn't mind us taking some very, very raw talents..
Kosmachuk isn't really big, and he doesn't have a ton of scoring prowess.

From all reports, he'll skate through a wall to dig out a puck and he's got speed and enough size to be effective physically. Those are the kinds of guys that win playoff games in today's NHL. Speed, hustle, and enough size and skill to get the job done.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:24 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

^Agreed. Speed and effort and some skilled linemates who don't hang you out. The game is changing and most fans are always one step behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityase View Post

Careful my friend, logic is frowned upon here. It gets in the way of irrational hatred. Quincey was no where near as bad as this board thinks he was.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:38 PM
detredWINgs

The top 10 of this year's draft is supposedly 15 players deep. If we had that #19 overall, we could've traded up a few spots, and landed what is thought to be a top 10 pick talent-wise. Of all the years to trade our first rounder.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:06 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
The top 10 of this year's draft is supposedly 15 players deep. If we had that #19 overall, we could've traded up a few spots, and landed what is thought to be a top 10 pick talent-wise. Of all the years to trade our first rounder.
We haven't have many first rounders during this millennium. But I kinda agree, anyway.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Marky9er

Quote:
If Hampus is around at 19, ill be god damn livid.
This is me if Matt Finn is available at 19 --->

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Rzombo4 prez

At this point, I would rather have a bona fide NHL defensemen (even with Q's warts) than our first-round pick. I don't mind over paying (from a cap perspective) for a quality UFA defensemen, but I sure as hell don't want to overpay for a third or fourth choice.

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote