HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Benoit Pouliot

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2004, 03:35 PM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Benoit Pouliot

This guy seems to have come out of nowhere. I've seen him ranked as high as #5 but know little about him. He plays for Sudbury OHL and has good size and skills. Has anyone seen him play? If we end up with the same draft position as last year (if there is a draft) then we'd be in position to take someone like him. Has anyone seen him play or have any comments on him?

Old
12-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
This guy seems to have come out of nowhere. I've seen him ranked as high as #5 but know little about him. He plays for Sudbury OHL and has good size and skills. Has anyone seen him play? If we end up with the same draft position as last year (if there is a draft) then we'd be in position to take someone like him. Has anyone seen him play or have any comments on him?
Ive heard Pouliot is a big guy with silky smooth hands. He controls the offensive zone and can finish well.

Another guy we could be in a position to take is Bobby Ryan. He is lighting things up with 44 pts in 32 games, and he has a mans body at 6'1'' 224 lbs. The way he is described by others almost makes you think Jagr. In the offensive zone, Ryan operates with guys draped all over him, goes into corners and comes out with the puck and can finish it too. Great offensive skills, power forward build and still growing.

Those two, and then you got Skille, Kopitar, Zagrapan, Bergfors, Bourret, Bertram. Thats if we cant get one of Crosby, Brule, Johnson. lol

Old
12-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Edge

Well there are three main concerns for Pouliot:

1. He's a year older than most of the other prospects.

2. He's got good offensive instincts but what else does he do?

3. He doesn't seem to have the "look" of an NHL player.

I was up in Canada back in November and I talked to a few people who weren't totally sold on him. The big concern seems to be a lack of a dynamic tool set. He's a nice player but he isn't a wow player.

I'll be honest with you, from what I saw I wasn't overly impressed. I wasn't disappointed but he didn't really jump out at me either.

Closed Thread