HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saturday 18/12/04 Hamilton @ Manitoba on Sportsnet (20h30)

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2004, 09:46 PM
Joey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
And Heerema puts us another step back..

Old
12-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Perez Rocks!!

Kostitsyn Scores! 3-2 manitoba

Old
12-18-2004, 10:02 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez Rocks!!
Kostitsyn Scores! 3-2 manitoba
more details please ! ( i don't have tv )

thanks !

Old
12-18-2004, 10:03 PM
x-bob

Game over 4-2 Manitoba

Empty net goal at the end. We really had a chance to win that game

Old
12-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v

thanks !

Morgan passed to Daley, Daley rushed in, faked a shot, then took a shot, the puck went in the back of the goal, he took it, came out in front passed it, Kostitsyn got his stick on it. There was a guy on him but he didn't have the stick checked...

Winning streak ends at 4

Old
12-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v

thanks !
Daley took the puck in the neutral zone, came down the left side of the offensive zone, went around the net, fed it out in front and Kostitsyn tipped it in for the goal. Great play by Daley, nice tip in by Kostitsyn.

edit: Vicious described it better.

No Higgins tonite was a real big loss. He's the Dogs best player IMO and Locke and Milroy weren't the same with him off their line. Damn, Milroy had such a sweet chance on that breakaway.

Old
12-18-2004, 10:06 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

An entertaining third period nevertheless... oh well I guess you can't expect to win both games away from home against your division's top team. At least, the Dogs showed some resiliance and never gave up, even after Manitoba's third goal.

Old
12-18-2004, 10:09 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Nice positioning of Kost on that goal.

Locke received the puck in the face and He stopped to play because He was hurt.Just like Kovy in the playoffs.

Atleast the bulls worked hard in the third period to even the the score.

I hope the bulls gonna win monday !

Old
12-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Bulls are an entirely different specie

Only if Milroy hadn't missed that chance when he was alone with Flaherty.. The puck rolled on his stick

Old
12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Next Best Thing*

Man when this team gets going they are dangerous. Kost was flying out there, I really liked the confidence Jarvis has in him now. He played with Ward and Pleks in the third and saw lots of ice time, then scored a goal. Hope he's earned himself a spot out of the basement.

Old
12-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Slick Nick

Interesting game.

Some oberservations; Daley was bad all night. Kostitsyn fell about 15 times in the past 2 games, ackward for a big guy like him. He is full of talent, but lacks energy IMO. Ott rocks, I'd like him to be one of our prospects. I have the impression Hainsey regressed since last season. Danis could move faster. Locke has great vision, lesser and leser sceptical about him. Milroy could do better, but I think he won't. We missed Higgins tonight.

Old
12-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Traitor8

how much minutes did Kostitsyn play? u think he's getting him ready for the WJC?

Old
12-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
Man when this team gets going they are dangerous. Kost was flying out there, I really liked the confidence Jarvis has in him now. He played with Ward and Pleks in the third and saw lots of ice time, then scored a goal. Hope he's earned himself a spot out of the basement.
Kost was flying? Dunno, he looked confused on the ice most of the time, couple of turnovers too. He had a couple of nice one on one battles, a wrsit shot or two, but I wouldn't say he was flying.

Old
12-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
Kost was flying? Dunno, he looked confused on the ice most of the time, couple of turnovers too. He had a couple of nice one on one battles, a wrsit shot or two, but I wouldn't say he was flying.
You did not watch the same game I watched.... He was certainly not flying neither did he looked confued. It is the first game I get to watch this year and I liked what I have seen of him. He looks pretty strong and played a good game tonight. He missed an empty net in a PP on the first. Got a goal had few good fights in the corners but was not given much to play with. The Moose did play a solid game.

I am dissapointed that I have not seen Higgins tonight but I think that they played a good game considering they where playing against a team that is supposed to be much beter then they are.

Komisarek will help when he joins the team....

Old
12-18-2004, 10:46 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
You did not watch the same game I watched.... He was certainly not flying neither did he looked confued. It is the first game I get to watch this year and I liked what I have seen of him. He looks pretty strong and played a good game tonight. He missed an empty net in a PP on the first. Got a goal had few good fights in the corners but was not given much to play with. The Moose did play a solid game.

I am dissapointed that I have not seen Higgins tonight but I think that they played a good game considering they where playing against a team that is supposed to be much beter then they are.

Maybe my expectations are too high on him.

Old
12-19-2004, 12:04 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Maybe my expectations are too high on him.
The progression from the first Sportsnet game (Last month) to now is encouraging. He is becoming more active in the play, and he shows much more ambition in the defensive play. In the first Snet game he didn't pick up his man nor slow down the man through the neutral zone, he is doing both with more regularity.

The offensive game is coming. He's going to the net, but needs to place himself better, show a little more jam. I personally don't like Wardo on that line, fact is, Ward has disappointed me with the Bulldogs. He looks lazy out there. One thing I wish he would do is instead of always trying to shoot through a screen when on the rush, is take it hard to the net.

All in all, as a 19 year old (or is he 20 now) in his first year in NA, he seems to be progressing which is all you can ask.

Old
12-19-2004, 01:41 AM
MasterD

Quote:
He is full of talent, but lacks energy IMO.
I'm not a big expert of Russian leagues, bu tfrom the stats sheet I've seen, it seems like Kost is used to play, dunno, maybe 20-30 games a year... He's already played something around 20 games here in 2 months, so yeah maybe he's getting tired (sure he's not played a lot in the first few games, but maybe 3 games a week is getting on him? )

Might be way off, just trying to find a good excuse..

Old
12-19-2004, 07:50 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD
I'm not a big expert of Russian leagues, bu tfrom the stats sheet I've seen, it seems like Kost is used to play, dunno, maybe 20-30 games a year... He's already played something around 20 games here in 2 months, so yeah maybe he's getting tired (sure he's not played a lot in the first few games, but maybe 3 games a week is getting on him? )

I don't think you need to find an excuse, I see no lack of energy. He's just learning to play a team game. When you're easily the best player on your team, you have the puck a lot. He's learning to find openings and move better without the puck. One on one moves that worked against kids won't work now. It's all in how he learns.

Old
12-19-2004, 09:09 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I don't think you need to find an excuse, I see no lack of energy. He's just learning to play a team game. When you're easily the best player on your team, you have the puck a lot. He's learning to find openings and move better without the puck. One on one moves that worked against kids won't work now. It's all in how he learns.
That's how I see things too. There's no lack of energy to his game, if you compare to the games broadcasted on Halloween day for example. At the time, he was lost in the neutral and in the defensive zone. It seems like Jarvis taught him to take his man when he doesn't have the puck. As for the 15 falls in 2 games Slick Nick was talking about, I've seen both games and I can't even remember 5 of those, so maybe that's exaggerated. Andrei is very strong on his skates, nothing like Jason Ward... although I agree that he'll have to work on his upper body strenght.

Old
12-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Kasparov*

I would think it's safe to play Perezhogin is higher on the depth chart at this point in time over Kostitsyn... though we must not forget Kostitsyn's ceiling is probably higher.

Old
12-19-2004, 09:39 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I agree...

However, Kosty isn't my kind of player. He has some really good upside, but he's not my kind of player.

Old
12-19-2004, 10:24 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Perezhogin was 21 when He came here.He was already been teached to how play a good two way game by Hnilicka.So , it's didn't took him a while to be confortable in the N-a style of hockey.IMO Kost will take a lot of time to get confortable , to create scoring chances while be good along the boards and win one on one battles.

Old
12-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!

The puck was a few inches off the ice when he missed that PP goal, it was a long shot... What's important is that he was in the right spot and gave them a good option to consider. And by "flying", ok I got a little ahead there but what I'm trying to say is compared to the usual nonexistant player we see, well tonight he was the exact opposite for the lack of a better term. And while I agree Ward hasn't exactly been at his best lately he did spark the team with that fight and ejected the other player from the game entirey. Maybe he knows that in the NHL he's just a 4th line player and plays like one. The C in my opinion should go to Chris Higgins, get him used to it and all

Old
12-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD

If you add the international tournaments, they play pretty much the same amount of games in Russia than here in NA. I think some took my post almost as Kost bashing, it wasn't at all. I just felt it wasn't his best effort this season. But on a positive note, I was surprised with his vision, although the execution was rather ordinary last night.

Anyways, can't wait to see him dangle through the "kids" at the U20

Closed Thread