HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What If....

Old
05-24-2012, 12:51 AM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
What If....

The cap floor work the team has done is just atrocious for paying customers. Snow is not going to compete in FA's and I count on some more brain injury inspired moves.....it's what our team now is.

But I thought to myself, WHAT IF CABLEVISION COULD RENEG ON THEIR CONTRACT? The Isles are not giving a viable product to cable to air (or barely are these past two years), and it is hurting their business.....can Dolan and Co. reneg?

The answer, thanks to the extension in 1996 is....YES! (but then NO, as NYI had a contingency that would pay them 18.5% of all FSNY revenues from 2001 onward, so in a deal, the Isles agreed to the $17M escalating to $36M in return for the REMOVAL of the performance clause which stated outright that the deal would be "breached" if the Isles did not provide an "entertaining product")

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/06/11/sp...es-misery.html

But let's pretend the original drafted agreement stood and the Isles insisted on the percentage clause:

Could you imagine Wang losing the cable revenue because he's been a cheap SOB?

Discuss.

Last edited by Kevin27nyi: 05-24-2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Not needed..
OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:09 AM
LotteryForLife*

This post was so poorly written it gave me a headache

#proof read

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:29 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
This post was so poorly written it gave me a headache

#proof read
The parenthetical? Do tell. The usage has no issues in context as the deriving point is WHAT IF, so I separated reality from the hypothetical via the use of the parenthesized portion outlining the true history as a means to alay the context of the sentiment, THAT BEING, what if the original contract passed through, with the NYI org demanding the rightful claim to the percentage of FSNY/SC/MSG related revenue rather than compromising on the deal as they had.

What if history unfolded with a clause that was originally in the contract whereas the NYI had to perform to some expectation of being competitive to assure a quality product?

But please, tell me the usage and grammar issues you have.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote