HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Basketball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

Someone who should be in the HOF (by this fan's opinion anyway)

Old
11-03-2012, 05:39 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

vCash: 50
Someone who should be in the HOF (by this fan's opinion anyway)

I'd like to preface this by saying that despite the fact that I'm probably the world's biggest Jeff Hornacek fan (my entire life through school and college and rec leagues I've worn #14 because of him) and there're a lot of deserving people, I think the "Other White Guy" on the Jazz gets overlooked a lot. Funny how every one makes such a big deal about people in the 50//40//90 club for a single season...

If not for a couple hundreths of percentage points, Jeff Hornacek would've been a 50//40//90 guy for his ENTIRE career. He also had almost 16,000 points, over 5,200 assists, 1,000 offensive boards & 3,600 rebounds total, 1,500 steals and 220 blocks and has had his number retired by both the Jazz and Iowa State.

Those might not be the greatest in league history, but now 13 seasons after his retirement, I think they might be worthy of a little recognition.

Last edited by Carolinas Identity: 11-03-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:12 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Hornacek is underrated, but he doesn't belong in the HOF. Basically an extremely elite role player, although not as good as one like Rodman who is already in the HOF.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote