HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New 100's Seating Layout

Old
05-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Ziggy16

vCash: 500
The New 100's Seating Layout

Here is the new seating chart that reflects the new 100 level renovation being done:

Notables:
Sec 123/123X appears to now be normal sized where the zamboni entrance is/was? ..
On the left side ,you see the new handicap entrance zone (Section Void), could be the new zamboni corner as well?

And Of Course who can miss all those Handicap zones around the 100's

Ziggy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy16 View Post
Here is the new seating chart that reflects the new 100 level renovation being done:

Notables:
Sec 123/123X appears to now be normal sized where the zamboni entrance is/was? ..
On the left side ,you see the new handicap entrance zone (Section Void), could be the new zamboni corner as well?

What renovation ?

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:11 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:

Notables:

Is this so more people can watch Madonna practice?

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Have they moved the player entrances to the benches as part of this 'renovation' or are we staying old school?

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:34 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

What the hell is with chopping off almost all of 109x? That's my favorite section.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Hip Of Rick

vCash: 50
Maybe I never noticed it but why does the 100 level section not line up with the 200s. Using the "X" just looks like its added to make it Islanders style.

Hip Of Rick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Renbarg

Didn't know this was going on.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Maybe I never noticed it but why does the 100 level section not line up with the 200s. Using the "X" just looks like its added to make it Islanders style.
Same rationale as 'The Committee' and DP's contract -- Chuckles is just a trailblazer and ahead of the curve, you'll see.

Old
05-21-2012, 03:37 PM
BennyBST

All of our arena woes are over!!!

BennyBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Law

Are there pics of these upgrades anywhere yet?

Old
05-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Islander102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Actually there is reason behind it. All 100's sections with an X at the end of them are temporary seats in front of entryways to the event level concourse. All 100s sections with no X at the end would have a solid wall behind them if you removed the seats.

As you can see, 109X is disappearing this season and the entryway that was hidden behind it all these years will be used for handicapped fans to enter and exit the arena. During concerts, section 102x disappears, and the door behind it is used for access to the GA floor. Behind 124X is the entryway to the doolin's lobby. Behind 123X is the old zamboni entrance which looks like it will be replaced by the one behind the old 109X. Obviously behind 113X and 118X are the player entrances.

As a side note, I like that the zamboni entrance is being moved to the attack zone. Zamboni doors are always responsible for the weirdest and most unpredictable bounces out of anywhere on the boards, so it will be nice to have that working for us for 2 periods.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:10 PM
islesfan3991

vCash: 50
We finally got our new arena!

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:30 PM
StrongIslanders90

YES!!!! Now Email,Fax, and Text this info to all Agents around the league and tell them that thier cliants will be playing in an arena with a brand new seating section!!!!!

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Ziggy16

it hasnt been confirmed that the zamboni corner has moved yet..., but the way the sections expanded, it sure seems like it.. better to have 1 big opening for everything than 2 ..

Ziggy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:02 AM
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN

vCash: 4500
Quote:
Notables:

Actually Wang's just completely getting rid of the zamboni (too expensive!) and will have his grandson wear a wet t-shirt and slide around on the ice in between periods.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:06 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Actually Wang's just completely getting rid of the zamboni (too expensive!) and will have his grandson wear a wet t-shirt and slide around on the ice in between periods.

YES!!!!!!

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:07 PM
doublechili

vCash: 398
The phrase "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind....

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
doublechili

vCash: 398
Quote:
Now that's funny!

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:24 PM
twentytwo

Quote:

twentytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:34 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
NICE!

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:02 PM
RichOnTheLI

I was at the Coliseum last night and sat in the new 100's section. The new seats are VERY nice! Lots of room between the seats and PLENTY of leg room.

They even have railings in between the aisles to hold onto! No more missing steps and landing on some guy's lap.

It's almost like a tease though. While I was there, I kept thinking about how nice it would be if it was a whole new arena.

I also think they made some improvements to the boards as well. It was hard to see because the WWE crew had them covered up. From what I could see though, they were definitely much newer and cleaner.

It's nice to see some money being used to make upgrades.

RichOnTheLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Moosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
What the hell is with chopping off almost all of 109x? That's my favorite section.
Sorry you are losing your favorite seats. But it is nice that the Coliseum is providing lower level handicapped seating. Bankers Life Fieldhouse here in Indy has its only handicapped sections as far away from the ice as possible.

Moosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 09:43 PM
bstash19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
As a side note, I like that the zamboni entrance is being moved to the attack zone. Zamboni doors are always responsible for the weirdest and most unpredictable bounces out of anywhere on the boards, so it will be nice to have that working for us for 2 periods.

this was my first thought when i saw the new seating layout. i hope it is true. We can definitely use a good bounce here and there.

bstash19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 12:45 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichFromLongIsland View Post
I was at the Coliseum last night and sat in the new 100's section. The new seats are VERY nice! Lots of room between the seats and PLENTY of leg room.

They even have railings in between the aisles to hold onto! No more missing steps and landing on some guy's lap.

It's almost like a tease though. While I was there, I kept thinking about how nice it would be if it was a whole new arena.

I also think they made some improvements to the boards as well. It was hard to see because the WWE crew had them covered up. From what I could see though, they were definitely much newer and cleaner.

It's nice to see some money being used to make upgrades.
I'm taking aesthetic critiques from a wrestling fan?

I think he's gonna do the 200's and 300's as well over time. And the corridor. And the bathrooms. And the basement/lower level.

It's less of a hit doing it in stages.

One day we might realize the place got nicer. I'll credit Wang for doing anything given the circumstances of Nassau's neglect, but not too much. He's making a nice chunk of change running the arena - though I wish the Gang of Four or Pickett could have gotten that deal way back when (even though Picket CAUSED SMG to quite some degree).

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 05:56 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I'm taking aesthetic critiques from a wrestling fan?

I think he's gonna do the 200's and 300's as well over time. And the corridor. And the bathrooms. And the basement/lower level.

It's less of a hit doing it in stages.

One day we might realize the place got nicer. I'll credit Wang for doing anything given the circumstances of Nassau's neglect, but not too much. He's making a nice chunk of change running the arena - though I wish the Gang of Four or Pickett could have gotten that deal way back when (even though Picket CAUSED SMG to quite some degree).
The lease is up in 2 yrs...not like he has all this time to do renovations. From his POV, why renovate if you're being forced out of nassau?

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote