Notices

2012 Offseason Thread II: The Offseasoning

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Ott and I have a few questions. How likely do you think it is that he'll be traded? If so, what do you think he'd bring back in a trade? And was he ever on a line with Richards? Thanks

Old
06-10-2012, 09:27 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Ott and I have a few questions. How likely do you think it is that he'll be traded? If so, what do you think he'd bring back in a trade? And was he ever on a line with Richards? Thanks
1. A chance, I think one of either Morrow or Ott will be moved this off-season but I have a hard time believing both will be gone. I think Morrow is the better one to move as he will have a higher return and his level of play is far from what most people remember when they think of him.

2. Not on a productive line with Richards. Ott is best played as a 3rd liner but can step up as a scoring winger for short periods of time but has trouble maintaining production in the long run.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I think he could be traded. The public statements from GMJN suggest he wants a NHL contributor in return, although that could mean a highly rated NHL ready prospect. Others point to Gaustad and Ott is better, so think about those general terms.

Many fans dislike Ott being used as a 2nd line forward since he is tweener more suited for a 3rd line role. If he was traded to NYR I would imagine he would never play on the same line as Richards.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:09 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Does Lehtonen still have that injury he got in the World Championships?

Old
06-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Does Lehtonen still have that injury he got in the World Championships?
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2012...ks-gagla.html/

Old
06-11-2012, 09:43 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
I've seen fan proposals calling for Robidas to be traded.

Has there been anything reported about Robidas being available, from a credible source?

Old
06-11-2012, 10:23 AM
piqued

vCash: 3722
The owner said this about the leadership core which Robidas is a part of:
You look at four straight years without the playoffs, and I definitely think you have to look at your leadership group. I don't think our leaders were our best players down the stretch, and that's something that we need to look at to see if that was a common theme in the last four years.
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2012...-gulutza.html/

Old
06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
The owner said this about the leadership core which Robidas is a part of:
You look at four straight years without the playoffs, and I definitely think you have to look at your leadership group. I don't think our leaders were our best players down the stretch, and that's something that we need to look at to see if that was a common theme in the last four years.
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2012...-gulutza.html/
Thanks for posting that info.
It'll be interesting to see which direction Stars management goes in.

Snow's spoken in the press and in a fan meeting,about adding a top 4 defenseman.Either through a trade or the ufa market.
Imo the teams he should be talking to, are teams looking to get younger or teams looking to add size.

If you guys read any credible rumors,come on over and post them on the NYI board.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:33 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Thanks for posting that info.
It'll be interesting to see which direction Stars management goes in.

Snow's spoken in the press and in a fan meeting,about adding a top 4 defenseman.Either through a trade or the ufa market.
Imo the teams he should be talking to, are teams looking to get younger or teams looking to add size.

If you guys read any credible rumors,come on over and post them on the NYI board.
I don't believe Robidas would be a realistic target for the Isles. He stated he wants to win a Stanley Cup before he retires. I don't think that'll happen in Dallas which is why I hope he is looking to be traded, and because he has a NTC, I don't think he'd view the Isles as a team close enough to a championship.

The Dallas defender that makes sense for the Isles is Mark Fistric, but I think he'd only be available if Dallas was able to land probably two better defenders via free agency/trade. I say two because IMO they'd move Robidas first.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I don't believe Robidas would be a realistic target for the Isles. He stated he wants to win a Stanley Cup before he retires. I don't think that'll happen in Dallas which is why I hope he is looking to be traded, and because he has a NTC, I don't think he'd view the Isles as a team close enough to a championship.

The Dallas defender that makes sense for the Isles is Mark Fistric, but I think he'd only be available if Dallas was able to land probably two better defenders via free agency/trade. I say two because IMO they'd move Robidas first.
I would move Fistric for a center like Ullstrom in a ******* heartbeat, even if Robidas hadn't been moved yet.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Hell I'd consider moving Fistric for Okposo if NYI is tired of him. I'm not advocating moving him but Fistric for a good young center/winger and Robidas for a salary dump/pick isn't a bad thing.

The defense is going to be questionable anyway so if someone offers a good young center I'd take it.

Old
06-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Captain Awesome

So Kelly and Campbell are both signed. Does this make it more likely that Ryan Spooner will be traded? The way everyone talks about him he seems like he'd be a great pickup, whether he makes the NHL or not this season. He also seems underhyped which means his value won't be ridiculous.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:33 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

I didn't realize Robidas had a NTC.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:36 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Hell I'd consider moving Fistric for Okposo if NYI is tired of him. I'm not advocating moving him but Fistric for a good young center/winger and Robidas for a salary dump/pick isn't a bad thing.

The defense is going to be questionable anyway so if someone offers a good young center I'd take it.
KO turned 24 in April.He's coming off a caerer high 24 goal season,despite being goal less in his first 15 games.He'll make a team friendly $2m next season.

Snow's not looking to move young core players,on cheap deals.Especially with Parenteau about to leave as a ufa.

He's more likely to move his high 2nd and/or a prospect like Anders Lee.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
I didn't realize Robidas had a NTC.
We like to just hand that out with every contract signed as a signing gift.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

Does anyone know if Robidas has a full NTC or if it has conditions like Ribeiro's or what?

Old
06-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Does anyone know if Robidas has a full NTC or if it has conditions like Ribeiro's or what?
Capgeek simply says NTC, which would probably be accurate.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:39 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
We like to just hand that out with every contract signed as a signing gift.
Even when the player didn't ask for it (see Trevor Daley).

Old
06-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Sports

Quote:
Even when the player didn't ask for it (see Trevor Daley).
Seriously?

Old
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
Seriously?

Right after the signing. He was interviewed ... but I can't honestly even remember who did it ... I think it was radio so probably the Ticket.

He said Dallas offered the NTC .. he didn't really care ... it didn't matter to him because if they don't want him here (they start shopping him around) it's not like he'd want to stay.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:43 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Right after the signing. He was interviewed ... but I can't honestly even remember who did it ... I think it was radio so probably the Ticket.

He said Dallas offered the NTC .. he didn't really care ... it didn't matter to him because if they don't want him here (they start shopping him around) it's not like he'd want to stay.
And we still gave him one...?

Oh dear god

Old
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
So Kelly and Campbell are both signed. Does this make it more likely that Ryan Spooner will be traded? The way everyone talks about him he seems like he'd be a great pickup, whether he makes the NHL or not this season. He also seems underhyped which means his value won't be ridiculous.
I certainly hope GMJN is kicking the tires and noticing this as well as we all have. A trade makes perfect sense for both sides.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:46 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
And we still gave him one...?

Oh dear god
His at least isn't a full NTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
NTC is apparently not a full NTC - according to Mark (via Twitter), it's full for the first two years then "a limited no trade the final four years based on performance."

Old
06-12-2012, 01:47 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
His at least isn't a full NTC.
I don't care if it's full or not, if he's not gonna use it...

Old
06-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
KO turned 24 in April.He's coming off a caerer high 24 goal season,despite being goal less in his first 15 games.He'll make a team friendly $2m next season.

Snow's not looking to move young core players,on cheap deals.Especially with Parenteau about to leave as a ufa.

He's more likely to move his high 2nd and/or a prospect like Anders Lee.
I didn't realize he'd recovered that well. I just remember a lot of Islanders fans fretting about him and moving him out to make way for some of your better prospects.

Still if you want to improve your defense Fistric is an inexpensive young guy to do it with.

Closed Thread