HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Offseason Thread II: The Offseasoning

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2012, 08:44 PM
  #276
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,784
vCash: 500
Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Ott and I have a few questions. How likely do you think it is that he'll be traded? If so, what do you think he'd bring back in a trade? And was he ever on a line with Richards? Thanks

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 09:27 PM
  #277
vofty
Registered User
 
vofty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 3,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Ott and I have a few questions. How likely do you think it is that he'll be traded? If so, what do you think he'd bring back in a trade? And was he ever on a line with Richards? Thanks
1. A chance, I think one of either Morrow or Ott will be moved this off-season but I have a hard time believing both will be gone. I think Morrow is the better one to move as he will have a higher return and his level of play is far from what most people remember when they think of him.

2. Not on a productive line with Richards. Ott is best played as a 3rd liner but can step up as a scoring winger for short periods of time but has trouble maintaining production in the long run.

vofty is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 10:05 PM
  #278
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Ott and I have a few questions. How likely do you think it is that he'll be traded? If so, what do you think he'd bring back in a trade? And was he ever on a line with Richards? Thanks
I think he could be traded. The public statements from GMJN suggest he wants a NHL contributor in return, although that could mean a highly rated NHL ready prospect. Others point to Gaustad and Ott is better, so think about those general terms.

Many fans dislike Ott being used as a 2nd line forward since he is tweener more suited for a 3rd line role. If he was traded to NYR I would imagine he would never play on the same line as Richards.

Mr Misty is offline  
Old
06-10-2012, 10:09 PM
  #279
vsk92
Alltid IFK
 
vsk92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scotland.
Country: Finland
Posts: 7,379
vCash: 500
Does Lehtonen still have that injury he got in the World Championships?

vsk92 is online now  
Old
06-10-2012, 10:51 PM
  #280
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Does Lehtonen still have that injury he got in the World Championships?
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2012...ks-gagla.html/

Frozen Failure is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 09:43 AM
  #281
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
I've seen fan proposals calling for Robidas to be traded.

Has there been anything reported about Robidas being available, from a credible source?

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 10:23 AM
  #282
piqued
Registered User
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 32,013
vCash: 3722
The owner said this about the leadership core which Robidas is a part of:
You look at four straight years without the playoffs, and I definitely think you have to look at your leadership group. I don't think our leaders were our best players down the stretch, and that's something that we need to look at to see if that was a common theme in the last four years.
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2012...-gulutza.html/

piqued is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
  #283
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
The owner said this about the leadership core which Robidas is a part of:
You look at four straight years without the playoffs, and I definitely think you have to look at your leadership group. I don't think our leaders were our best players down the stretch, and that's something that we need to look at to see if that was a common theme in the last four years.
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2012...-gulutza.html/
Thanks for posting that info.
It'll be interesting to see which direction Stars management goes in.

Snow's spoken in the press and in a fan meeting,about adding a top 4 defenseman.Either through a trade or the ufa market.
Imo the teams he should be talking to, are teams looking to get younger or teams looking to add size.

If you guys read any credible rumors,come on over and post them on the NYI board.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 01:33 PM
  #284
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Thanks for posting that info.
It'll be interesting to see which direction Stars management goes in.

Snow's spoken in the press and in a fan meeting,about adding a top 4 defenseman.Either through a trade or the ufa market.
Imo the teams he should be talking to, are teams looking to get younger or teams looking to add size.

If you guys read any credible rumors,come on over and post them on the NYI board.
I don't believe Robidas would be a realistic target for the Isles. He stated he wants to win a Stanley Cup before he retires. I don't think that'll happen in Dallas which is why I hope he is looking to be traded, and because he has a NTC, I don't think he'd view the Isles as a team close enough to a championship.

The Dallas defender that makes sense for the Isles is Mark Fistric, but I think he'd only be available if Dallas was able to land probably two better defenders via free agency/trade. I say two because IMO they'd move Robidas first.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 02:01 PM
  #285
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I don't believe Robidas would be a realistic target for the Isles. He stated he wants to win a Stanley Cup before he retires. I don't think that'll happen in Dallas which is why I hope he is looking to be traded, and because he has a NTC, I don't think he'd view the Isles as a team close enough to a championship.

The Dallas defender that makes sense for the Isles is Mark Fistric, but I think he'd only be available if Dallas was able to land probably two better defenders via free agency/trade. I say two because IMO they'd move Robidas first.
I would move Fistric for a center like Ullstrom in a ******* heartbeat, even if Robidas hadn't been moved yet.

Frozen Failure is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 05:27 PM
  #286
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 6,009
vCash: 500
Hell I'd consider moving Fistric for Okposo if NYI is tired of him. I'm not advocating moving him but Fistric for a good young center/winger and Robidas for a salary dump/pick isn't a bad thing.

The defense is going to be questionable anyway so if someone offers a good young center I'd take it.

Hull Fan is offline  
Old
06-11-2012, 06:11 PM
  #287
Captain Awesome
Registered User
 
Captain Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,077
vCash: 500
So Kelly and Campbell are both signed. Does this make it more likely that Ryan Spooner will be traded? The way everyone talks about him he seems like he'd be a great pickup, whether he makes the NHL or not this season. He also seems underhyped which means his value won't be ridiculous.

Captain Awesome is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 05:33 AM
  #288
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I don't believe Robidas would be a realistic target for the Isles. He stated he wants to win a Stanley Cup before he retires. I don't think that'll happen in Dallas which is why I hope he is looking to be traded, and because he has a NTC, I don't think he'd view the Isles as a team close enough to a championship.

The Dallas defender that makes sense for the Isles is Mark Fistric, but I think he'd only be available if Dallas was able to land probably two better defenders via free agency/trade. I say two because IMO they'd move Robidas first.
I didn't realize Robidas had a NTC.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 05:36 AM
  #289
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Hell I'd consider moving Fistric for Okposo if NYI is tired of him. I'm not advocating moving him but Fistric for a good young center/winger and Robidas for a salary dump/pick isn't a bad thing.

The defense is going to be questionable anyway so if someone offers a good young center I'd take it.
KO turned 24 in April.He's coming off a caerer high 24 goal season,despite being goal less in his first 15 games.He'll make a team friendly $2m next season.

Snow's not looking to move young core players,on cheap deals.Especially with Parenteau about to leave as a ufa.

He's more likely to move his high 2nd and/or a prospect like Anders Lee.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 10:36 AM
  #290
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 52,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I didn't realize Robidas had a NTC.
We like to just hand that out with every contract signed as a signing gift.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 11:28 AM
  #291
Ambassador Of Fun
Registered User
 
Ambassador Of Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,951
vCash: 500
Does anyone know if Robidas has a full NTC or if it has conditions like Ribeiro's or what?

Ambassador Of Fun is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 11:32 AM
  #292
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Does anyone know if Robidas has a full NTC or if it has conditions like Ribeiro's or what?
Capgeek simply says NTC, which would probably be accurate.

Frozen Failure is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 11:39 AM
  #293
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
We like to just hand that out with every contract signed as a signing gift.
Even when the player didn't ask for it (see Trevor Daley).

BigG44 is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 11:58 AM
  #294
Sports
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 3,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Even when the player didn't ask for it (see Trevor Daley).
Seriously?


Sports is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
  #295
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
Seriously?

Right after the signing. He was interviewed ... but I can't honestly even remember who did it ... I think it was radio so probably the Ticket.

He said Dallas offered the NTC .. he didn't really care ... it didn't matter to him because if they don't want him here (they start shopping him around) it's not like he'd want to stay.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 01:43 PM
  #296
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 23,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Right after the signing. He was interviewed ... but I can't honestly even remember who did it ... I think it was radio so probably the Ticket.

He said Dallas offered the NTC .. he didn't really care ... it didn't matter to him because if they don't want him here (they start shopping him around) it's not like he'd want to stay.
And we still gave him one...?

Oh dear god

LatvianTwist is online now  
Old
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
  #297
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
So Kelly and Campbell are both signed. Does this make it more likely that Ryan Spooner will be traded? The way everyone talks about him he seems like he'd be a great pickup, whether he makes the NHL or not this season. He also seems underhyped which means his value won't be ridiculous.
I certainly hope GMJN is kicking the tires and noticing this as well as we all have. A trade makes perfect sense for both sides.

MetalGodAOD* is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 01:46 PM
  #298
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
And we still gave him one...?

Oh dear god
His at least isn't a full NTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
NTC is apparently not a full NTC - according to Mark (via Twitter), it's full for the first two years then "a limited no trade the final four years based on performance."

BigG44 is offline  
Old
06-12-2012, 01:47 PM
  #299
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 23,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
His at least isn't a full NTC.
I don't care if it's full or not, if he's not gonna use it...

LatvianTwist is online now  
Old
06-12-2012, 02:58 PM
  #300
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 6,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
KO turned 24 in April.He's coming off a caerer high 24 goal season,despite being goal less in his first 15 games.He'll make a team friendly $2m next season.

Snow's not looking to move young core players,on cheap deals.Especially with Parenteau about to leave as a ufa.

He's more likely to move his high 2nd and/or a prospect like Anders Lee.
I didn't realize he'd recovered that well. I just remember a lot of Islanders fans fretting about him and moving him out to make way for some of your better prospects.

Still if you want to improve your defense Fistric is an inexpensive young guy to do it with.

Hull Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.