HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Offseason Thread II: The Offseasoning

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2012, 02:34 PM
  #851
bug
Registered User
 
bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
The only problem with Pleks is that it doesn't get you younger, it just gives you a natural center instead of natural winger (Ott) ... If we're moving Ott this off-season I think it should be for a young NHL-ready center to grow with our core.

bug is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:04 PM
  #852
Hegemon21
Registered User
 
Hegemon21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: McKinney, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Seems like Jokinen wants 3+ years. Not sure I'm interested in bringing him in for that long...
No way I'd want him for that long. He puts up points, which we're obviously going to need from somewhere. But he's just not somebody you can win with.

Hegemon21 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:44 PM
  #853
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,963
vCash: 500
You got to think all these 4th and 3rd liners re-signing over the past few days is a great thing for Ott's value.

Honestly though ... there aren't many 3rd liners available via free agency you'd consider better than Ott though.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:49 PM
  #854
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 5,796
vCash: 500
The condition for moving Ott should be can he procure a top six prospect. If yes then you move him but if not roll with him on the 3rd line and try again this Feb.

Hull Fan is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:54 PM
  #855
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
The condition for moving Ott should be can he procure a top six prospect. If yes then you move him but if not roll with him on the 3rd line and try again this Feb.
I'm on board with that.

My point was that with the free agent market already thinning, Ott could be best available to fill a 3rd line role. That's good for Dallas if they're trying to land a young forward (one with Top 6 potential ... I doubt they'd get an established one - another guy in Cody Eakin's position essentially).

BigG44 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 04:44 PM
  #856
MB94
@MBFarina94
 
MB94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,603
vCash: 500
Tweet from Ryan Whitney lmao

Quote:
quote of thisgolf trip just happened After having his putting chirped by Modano, Eberle said "youre a dick Mo Im so happy I was a Sakic fan"

MB94 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 04:49 PM
  #857
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
That is the most amazing thing ever. (I like Sakic more too)

Frozen Failure is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 05:15 PM
  #858
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,453
vCash: 627
That's awesome.

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 06:29 PM
  #859
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,477
vCash: 500

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 07:04 PM
  #860
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan
 
Ampersand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,565
vCash: 500
My bro was a sakic fan, which means I hated him as a child. As an adult I can appreciate his skill and character, but I still dislike him. That's funny that Eb's would say that, not surprising though, Eberle was always a funny'mouthy giuy in high school.

Ampersand is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 09:53 PM
  #861
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 12,926
vCash: 500
As expected, Heika reports Souray, Dvorak, Burish, Dowell will all hit FA.

MetalGodAOD is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 10:06 PM
  #862
piqued
Global Moderator
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 31,729
vCash: 50
I wonder if Chicago brings Burish back.

piqued is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 10:17 PM
  #863
Bennrocks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
I wonder if Chicago brings Burish back.
IIRC there was something about chicago wanting him at the deadline

Bennrocks is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 10:21 PM
  #864
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
IIRC there was something about chicago wanting him at the deadline
I can't remember the source but that seems like I remember that as well.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 10:50 PM
  #865
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,963
vCash: 500
I think I've come up with my ideal free agency. If I had the power to do anything for the Stars, I'd:
  • Sign Zach Parise for 5 years at $7.5 million/year. Pretty obvious why I'd want him.
  • Sign Shane Doan for 2 to 3 years at $4.5 million/year. I'm a fan of Doan. I think the reason some fans hate him is why he's prefect for Dallas. Love him on your team … hate him if he isn't.
  • Sign Alexi Ponikarovsky for 2 years at $2.25 million/year. He's solid defensively, and his numbers went up in NJ's more structured system. He also saw little PP time. He's a good 30 point option for the 3rd line who could slide up the lineup when injuries occur.
  • Trade Steve Ott for Lars Eller. Young center that I think will transition to a bigger role very well between Eriksson and Ryder.
  • Trade Nystrom for pick.
  • Sign Bryce Salvador for 2 year at $2.5 million/year. Always been a fan of this guy. He doesn't take a ton of penalties, but he's physical and hard to play against. His points in the playoffs are a fluke. He's signed to be a rock in the D zone for Goligoski.
  • Trade Robidas for pick.

Parise-Benn-Doan
Eriksson-Eller-Ryder
Ponikarovsky-Eakin-Vincour
Morrow-Fiddler-Sceviour
Garbutt-Wandell

Salvador-Goligoski
Dillon-Daley
Fistric-Larsen

Lehtonen
Bachman

Ryder is replaced internally the following summer, and Poni is traded as soon as a younger guy pushes him out. I didn't go with a major overhaul of the D instead opting for allowing Nemeth to ultimately push out Fistric, and then Oleksiak to replace Salvador (either after 2 years in the AHL or being traded when Oleksiak is ready).

BigG44 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 11:07 PM
  #866
Captain Awesome
Registered User
 
Captain Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,033
vCash: 500
The Habs gave up a lot to get Eller, even if it was one GM ago I'm not convinced they'd trade him for Ott by himself. I know it's just an outline of what you'd like to do, but I think you have to add more for him.

Captain Awesome is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 11:13 PM
  #867
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,764
vCash: 500
Hey guys I wanted to get an update on Souray. I think with the panthers losing garrison he could be a suitable replacement. What do stars fans think of him?

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 11:20 PM
  #868
Bench
Moderator
Coffee. Pie. Owls.
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Sign Zach Parise for 5 years at $7.5 million/year.
Way, way too low. Particularly if he's going to Texas.

You're talking about a contract under $38 million. Brad Richards signed a $60 million dollar deal. Why would Parise lead over $20 million on the table? Parise will sign for over $60 million and probably closer to $80 million.

Bench is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 11:29 PM
  #869
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,477
vCash: 500
Isn't Salvador already re-signed? EDIT - guess not.

And a lot of those values seem pretty low.

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 11:32 PM
  #870
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Hey guys I wanted to get an update on Souray. I think with the panthers losing garrison he could be a suitable replacement. What do stars fans think of him?
Slow, likely to run out of steam as the season goes on, dumb penalties being nasty around the crease, likely to be injured, shot doesn't get through enough to come close to replacing Garrison.

He is well liked, physical, and mean but he wont contribute much offense once he starts to wear down/teams realize he is a threat and shut him down.

Mr Misty is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 11:35 PM
  #871
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I think I've come up with my ideal free agency. If I had the power to do anything for the Stars, I'd:
  • Sign Zach Parise for 5 years at $7.5 million/year. Pretty obvious why I'd want him.
  • Sign Shane Doan for 2 to 3 years at $4.5 million/year. I'm a fan of Doan. I think the reason some fans hate him is why he's prefect for Dallas. Love him on your team … hate him if he isn't.
  • Sign Alexi Ponikarovsky for 2 years at $2.25 million/year. He's solid defensively, and his numbers went up in NJ's more structured system. He also saw little PP time. He's a good 30 point option for the 3rd line who could slide up the lineup when injuries occur.
  • Trade Steve Ott for Lars Eller. Young center that I think will transition to a bigger role very well between Eriksson and Ryder.
  • Trade Nystrom for pick.
  • Sign Bryce Salvador for 2 year at $2.5 million/year. Always been a fan of this guy. He doesn't take a ton of penalties, but he's physical and hard to play against. His points in the playoffs are a fluke. He's signed to be a rock in the D zone for Goligoski.
  • Trade Robidas for pick.

Parise-Benn-Doan
Eriksson-Eller-Ryder
Ponikarovsky-Eakin-Vincour
Morrow-Fiddler-Sceviour
Garbutt-Wandell

Salvador-Goligoski
Dillon-Daley
Fistric-Larsen

Lehtonen
Bachman

Ryder is replaced internally the following summer, and Poni is traded as soon as a younger guy pushes him out. I didn't go with a major overhaul of the D instead opting for allowing Nemeth to ultimately push out Fistric, and then Oleksiak to replace Salvador (either after 2 years in the AHL or being traded when Oleksiak is ready).
I expect both Salvador and Parise to get more than that, and Eller won't come cheap either.

Mr Misty is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 11:39 PM
  #872
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 12,926
vCash: 500
Salvador's probably going to get overpaid because of his playoff run.

MetalGodAOD is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:51 AM
  #873
AJTSS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Colby Armstrong is put to waiwers by Toronto. Could Stars attack on to that powerforward? Would be a great fit to second-third line?

And I been thinking, what Joe would need to offer that we would get Anisimov? Robidas+pick OR Ott?

AJTSS is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 12:05 PM
  #874
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,453
vCash: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJTSS View Post
Colby Armstrong is put to waiwers by Toronto. Could Stars attack on to that powerforward? Would be a great fit to second-third line?

And I been thinking, what Joe would need to offer that we would get Anisimov? Robidas+pick OR Ott?
I liked Colby's game while he was in Pittsburgh, and he still brought a lot to Toronto, but pretty injury prone.

We don't need him as long as Ott's still here.

Modo is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:33 PM
  #875
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Niskanen got reupped by Pittsburgh, 2 years for 2.3 million.

Worst throw in ever.

Frozen Failure is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.