Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2012, 10:05 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I wouldn't add anything to Robidas in that trade. I don't know a whole lot about Da Costa but he's an unproven prospect who seems to have good but not elite potential.
Honestly, i couldnt care less. I want Robidas gone, and Da Costa fits a mold of player we need. They were fine with just Robidas as well, so it'd probably work out.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:39 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Was wondering how much we'd have to add to 13th overall to get Philly interested for Schenn. Any ideas?

Old
05-30-2012, 10:51 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Oleksiak.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:17 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Oleksiak.
Figured.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:37 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Id probably do that trade too.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:04 AM
Sports
bedroom eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Was wondering how much we'd have to add to 13th overall to get Philly interested for Schenn. Any ideas?
Hm.
Even though their picks are few, they have more young talent than they know what to do with.
I wonder if something around Ryder would interest them, especially if Jagr moves.

Ryder
Morrow

-

Schenn+

Old
05-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Hello all,

Great read as I was trying to get caught up on the off-season situation in Dallas and I was honestly coming here to ask about Morrow.

I am one of the few who think he has another 20+ goal season in him under the right circumstances (say, the third line in Boston behind Marchand and Lucic) and was wondering what his value is in Dallas.

My guess was a prospect with potential to make the team next season, but I'd enjoy your thoughts.

Cheers

Old
05-31-2012, 12:46 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
My guess was a prospect with potential to make the team next season, but I'd enjoy your thoughts.
Everything we've heard has been that moves will be made with both the long and short term in mind. My understanding is you're barking up the right tree with a close-to-NHL-ready prospect. Any names you'd like to toss out?

Old
05-31-2012, 01:02 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Everything we've heard has been that moves will be made with both the long and short term in mind. My understanding is you're barking up the right tree with a close-to-NHL-ready prospect. Any names you'd like to toss out?
Thanks. Before I post I like to read up on the team, system and then ask about the player.

Well the name that I think fits which Bruins fans may really be hesitant about is Ryan Spooner. Boston has a ton of center depth (Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Spooner) in the system and I'd be happy to share information about him. Our guys on the HF boards (Kirk, New England Hockey Journal, Bill Ladd) are top-notch and write for HF as well as other outlets.

But perhaps you are already aware of Spooner.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:48 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

Yes, we are. I think most of us would sign off on a Morrow for Spooner trade. But I wouldn't mind hearing more about him.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

IIRC there has been some talk about Spooner to Dallas on HF, can't remember where though.

EDIT: Here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...153643&page=31

Last edited by Mr Misty: 05-31-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old
05-31-2012, 11:31 AM
TrillMike

Nothing really surprising/notable, but Sturm wrote this for FSSW this morning:

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/05...46&feedID=3799

Old
05-31-2012, 12:21 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post

Thought it was a good write up. Though he still is drinking the Kool-Aid on Robidas a bit, he actually admits he's overmatched. That's the closest anyone in the media has come to not felating Robidas as our lord and savior. I like that he was truthful with himself about Souray as well.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Yes, we are. I think most of us would sign off on a Morrow for Spooner trade. But I wouldn't mind hearing more about him.
Sure.

He was the last cut as a 19 year old this year. Center depth really makes it hard to get a job in Boston.

After this season in the OHL, he came up to Providence and played five games with four points to finish the season.

In camp, it was clear that his hands were on par with Seguin and he really started to impress. As a result, you have some real Spooner fans in Boston excited about finally replacing Savard's skillset but the lack of spots in Boston makes it hard for any prospect.

IN short, he is a NHL player last season if he wasn't a Bruin:

This is a video from Bill at the camp last season. He really stood out.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:54 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post

Sturm makes the claim that Goligoski is the Stars' best defenseman with absolutely no supporting evidence when most fans here would say that's either Daley or Larsen.

Robidas needs to be traded, not moved down the lineup.

He makes the same mistake with Daley as many fans expecting a "giant leap" forward and not being appreciative of the cumulative improvements that Daley has made that have made him an extremely solid all-around defenseman.

He doesn't even touch on the biggest reason to not bring Souray back -- the absurd amount of penalties.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Sturm makes the claim that Goligoski is the Stars' best defenseman with absolutely no supporting evidence when most fans here would say that's either Daley or Larsen.

Robidas needs to be traded, not moved down the lineup.

He makes the same mistake with Daley as many fans expecting a "giant leap" forward and not being appreciative of the cumulative improvements that Daley has made that have made him an extremely solid all-around defenseman.

He doesn't even touch on the biggest reason to not bring Souray back -- the absurd amount of penalties.
His audience isn't hardcores.

I have no problem with Sturm calling Goligoski the best Defenseman because he got more icetime in bigger situations than they gave Larsen.

I did roll my eyes in the Souray section, especially given the Defending Big D piece about penalty stats posted today. I think Bob has been on the Souray train for a few years, so maybe that is the reason why he is a little off base in that assessment.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:14 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Sure.

He was the last cut as a 19 year old this year. Center depth really makes it hard to get a job in Boston.

After this season in the OHL, he came up to Providence and played five games with four points to finish the season.

In camp, it was clear that his hands were on par with Seguin and he really started to impress. As a result, you have some real Spooner fans in Boston excited about finally replacing Savard's skillset but the lack of spots in Boston makes it hard for any prospect.

IN short, he is a NHL player last season if he wasn't a Bruin:

This is a video from Bill at the camp last season. He really stood out.
I always liked this kid, but for some reason I never realized he played center. Would absolutely love to have him, and a Morrow for Spooner deal sounds great.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I always liked this kid, but for some reason I never realized he played center. Would absolutely love to have him, and a Morrow for Spooner deal sounds great.
Thanks.

Now I can post it to the Bruins fans. Makes sense for both teams as well.

Cheers

Old
05-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

I've been hoping for Spooner all along. Not sure Boston will bite on Morrow but man if Boston's willing to make that deal Dallas should say yes in a heartbeat.

Old
05-31-2012, 05:30 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9#post50367679

Pretty solid poll, IYAM.

Old
05-31-2012, 06:32 PM
glovesave_35
Name

I only needed to watch a minute or so of that video to make saying yes to a Morrow-Spooner trade pretty easy. It's not even that I was SO impressed by Spooner it's just that I really really think we need to move on from Morrow. Our two teams seem like perfect trade partners here given organizational needs on both sides.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:48 PM
BigG44

After Gully publicly endorsing the center bandwagon like Gaglardi and Lites, I really do believe Dallas is going to go hard after Jarret Stoll. Unfortunately ... or fortunately ... I think a big motivating factor will be Michael Ryder. By that, I think they'll identify him as a 3rd line player on a great team who could blossom with increased minutes and responsibility. IMO ... they'll be telling him he'll get Top 6 minutes.

I was more comfortable with Stoll as a great 3rd line center, but I think they'll let him be the guy that pushes Benn back to wing if they can land him.

Gully said he wants someone to win faceoffs ... Stoll can do that.

GM Joe in the past ... pre-Souray ... constantly talked about a big shot from the point on the PP ... Stoll can do that. Plus, they've talked about focusing on the PP this off-season. He'd give you a big right shot next Goligoski on the top PP.

Plus ... GM Joe will get to say 5 to 10 times about how great Stoll's playoff experience is, and how he's made the Stanley Cup Finals twice (and probably won once).

Old
05-31-2012, 10:55 PM
BigG44

.... I'll add that I'm not so optimistic about him being a Top 6 player for Dallas.

I think people will resent him, like Ott, in that role.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:16 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

That would be a big mistake I think. Unlike Ryder, the pedigree isn't there. He hasn't cracked a 50 point season in 7 years.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:24 AM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Here's a fun thought. Anyone think Morrow will (ask to) stay to see how this last season is, and if it's around the same as this past one, he'll pull a Chris Drury (minus the buyout)?

I'm sure he really wants the cup, but with his body getting weaker and weaker, and not to mention his newish house and family settling in here...I can see him walking away from the game.

Last edited by FrailSwan: 06-01-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Closed Thread