HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vincent Lecavalier

Old
05-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Zhamnov10

vCash: 500
Vincent Lecavalier

Just wondering what People think He may be worth with his horrible contract,There are rumblings that Tampa would like to loose is contract.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
Just wondering what People think He may be worth with his horrible contract,There are rumblings that Tampa would like to loose is contract.
From where ?

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:32 PM
sayheykid

The voices in your head don't qualify as rumblings.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:35 PM
HeavyHammer
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Not from anyone worth a damn.

He's not a cap dump, real pieces would need to be coming back.

He's got a full NTC/NMC for the next 8yrs, whether anyone likes it or not he's going to retire in Tampa unless he wants out. If he said openly that he didn't want to leave Tampa while "The Cowboys" were running the show, you think he would want to leave now that he has stable ownership and Yzerman as his GM?

HeavyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:37 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

By "rumblings" do you mean that Toronto/Tampa trade on here? Because that whole thread is just silly.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheykid View Post
The voices in your head don't qualify as rumblings.
Wow your a funny guy,I bet all your friends love you!How about answering the original question.It was on Hockey Buzz which means nothing,just like everything on this Board.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:42 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post

He's got a full NTC/NMC for the next 8yrs, whether anyone likes it or not he's going to retire in Tampa unless he wants out. If he said openly that he didn't want to leave Tampa while "The Cowboys" were running the show, you think he would want to leave now that he has stable ownership and Yzerman as his GM?
The fact that he has a NTC and NMC and makes 10 million in each of the next 4 seasons (as well as 8.5 the season after) make it seem quite obvious to me his trade value would be limited to something like Marleau and a 1st from the Sharks. Something along those lines.

First off, Vinny ain't gonna goto Toronto or Montreal or anything crazy like that. Second off, with his full NTC he will have full control over where he goes, and there's no possible way Vinny waives that NTC for somewhere like New York, Detroit, Minnesota where he'll be in the rain and snow for 5 months either.

I think his value is nowhere near in a trade what his value is to that team, because in any sort of event where he wanted to be moved he is owed a LOT of money and will severely limit Tampa's options on where to trade him.

He is also 4 seasons removed from 30 goals, and yes he has been on pace to hit 30 both of the last 2 seasons but injuries are a part of the game and a guy like him, once he starts becoming injury prone...odds are he doesn't stop doing so anytime soon.

As a Habs fan I'd offer them Gomez and Nashville's 2nd. Gomez makes 10 million over the next 2 seasons, compared to Lecavalier's 20 million. It's also entirely possible that he can fit in nicely on the 2nd line there away from all the pressure in Montreal because it's a lot easier to put up decent numbers as a 2nd line center with Steven Stamkos ahead of you than with the team GOmez has been on recently.

I wouldn't even want Montreal to do that deal anyways, but with that money saved the Lightning could make all sorts of moves, and that would give them an absurd 5 2nd round picks in the 2012 draft.

To me Gomez at 7.35 for 2 more years is a LOT better than Lecavalier at 7.7 for the next 8 years, 5 of which there's no doubt he'll stick aroudn for his paycheck for.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:42 PM
sayheykid

Quote:
It was on Hockey Buzz
You know what, I want to apologize to the voices in your head. Even they have more credibility than hockeybuzz.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:43 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Wow your a funny guy,I bet all your friends love you!How about answering the original question.It was on Hockey Buzz which means nothing,just like everything on this Board.
At least people on this board just discuss things and propose fun stuff for fun.

As opposed to hockeybuzz...where the lead guy is an outright fraud and should honestly goto jail for charging the money he does for "insider sources" and he has a bunch of lackies who write okay articles but obviously must know the guy their website is run by is a total hack.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Hes worth more than any team is willing to pay. If he was on a better contract hed still be considered a very good top six center, it just sucks for him that he isnt living up to this albatross of a deal.

Like one poster said, it would require real pieces. Think NHL roster player, prospect and 1st rounder. Obviously with varying degrees of worth.

Tim Vezina Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:50 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Hes worth more than any team is willing to pay. If he was on a better contract hed still be considered a very good top six center, it just sucks for him that he isnt living up to this albatross of a deal.

Like one poster said, it would require real pieces. Think NHL roster player, prospect and 1st rounder. Obviously with varying degrees of worth.
But no team would EVER give that up for a 32 year old center who has missed around 20 games for 2 straight years and hasn't scored 30 goals (or gotten more than 70 points) in 4 years.

Sure you can use the double edged sword and say that if he wasn't playing behind Stamkos he'd put up better numbers, but if you have a guy making 10 million a year for the next 4 seasons he should be able to absolutely feast on facing opposing teams 2ndary defensive quality players even if you're playing with Tommy Pyatt and Mathieu Darche all season

Old
05-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
At least people on this board just discuss things and propose fun stuff for fun.

As opposed to hockeybuzz...where the lead guy is an outright fraud and should honestly goto jail for charging the money he does for "insider sources" and he has a bunch of lackies who write okay articles but obviously must know the guy their website is run by is a total hack.
My point exactly you can't post anything here without being attacked,All i was interested seeing is what you guys thought his value was,really what most of you guys think means **** this was just for fun.

Old
05-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Falco5

Quote:
The fact that he has a NTC and NMC and makes 10 million in each of the next 4 seasons (as well as 8.5 the season after) make it seem quite obvious to me his trade value would be limited to something like Marleau and a 1st from the Sharks. Something along those lines.
lol.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:10 PM
toob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post

thank you

toob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Cogburn

Lecavalier has a high contract, but there would be no good reason to "cut him loose". Not only that, there would be a collection of teams that would seek his service if he was made available (even I, ignorant as I am of other teams, know that he won't be any time soon), and he would likely collect something in the neighborhood of Rick Nash (maybe a little depreciation due to the age difference). The guys still a star player, has a NMC (if memory serves) and is still producing at a reasonable clip.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Chubros

R. Luongo

Chubros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:

First off, Vinny ain't gonna goto Toronto or Montreal or anything crazy like that. Second off, with his full NTC he will have full control over where he goes, and there's no possible way Vinny waives that NTC for somewhere like New York, Detroit, Minnesota where he'll be in the rain and snow for 5 months either.

I think his value is nowhere near in a trade what his value is to that team, because in any sort of event where he wanted to be moved he is owed a LOT of money and will severely limit Tampa's options on where to trade him.

He is also 4 seasons removed from 30 goals, and yes he has been on pace to hit 30 both of the last 2 seasons but injuries are a part of the game and a guy like him, once he starts becoming injury prone...odds are he doesn't stop doing so anytime soon.

As a Habs fan I'd offer them Gomez and Nashville's 2nd. Gomez makes 10 million over the next 2 seasons, compared to Lecavalier's 20 million. It's also entirely possible that he can fit in nicely on the 2nd line there away from all the pressure in Montreal because it's a lot easier to put up decent numbers as a 2nd line center with Steven Stamkos ahead of you than with the team GOmez has been on recently.

I wouldn't even want Montreal to do that deal anyways, but with that money saved the Lightning could make all sorts of moves, and that would give them an absurd 5 2nd round picks in the 2012 draft.

To me Gomez at 7.35 for 2 more years is a LOT better than Lecavalier at 7.7 for the next 8 years, 5 of which there's no doubt he'll stick aroudn for his paycheck for.

Never mind the contract, just by how Vinny is playing he isn't worth Marleau and a 1st, add in his contract you would think its TB adding not the Sharks

EDIT: And then you added the Gomez plus 2nd to completely contradict yourself

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:10 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post

Never mind the contract, just by how Vinny is playing he isn't worth Marleau and a 1st, add in his contract you would think its TB adding not the Sharks

EDIT: And then you added the Gomez plus 2nd to completely contradict yourself
He loves to hate on the Sharks. I've learned to ignore him.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:16 PM
HotPaquette

His value is untouchable Tampa is not trading Vinny.

HotPaquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:21 PM
HoseEmDown

He's not being moved no matter how bad his contract is, to valuable to the team and community. End of thread.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Once again a Lecavalier thread started by someone who isn't a Lightning fan.

Bish Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:44 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Lecavalier has a high contract, but there would be no good reason to "cut him loose". Not only that, there would be a collection of teams that would seek his service if he was made available (even I, ignorant as I am of other teams, know that he won't be any time soon), and he would likely collect something in the neighborhood of Rick Nash (maybe a little depreciation due to the age difference). The guys still a star player, has a NMC (if memory serves) and is still producing at a reasonable clip.
Reasonable clip yeah I guess but all that money for reasonable I guess not. He seems to haunt the Habs when they play so if he was traded send him west. I'm not saying he isn't a star just that he's way over paid for his production.

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:50 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

they don't want to move him and even if they did he has very little value.

He has 8 years left at a cap hit of 7.7 per year and his point have done nothing but go down for the past 3 seasons his value is very very low

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:12 PM
bleedgreen

Curious to see if teams are allowed a one time buyout after the new cba is agreed on. A guy like vinny would be curious. They love him still but that's a ton of money for a long time with a debatable return for it.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Stars offer Fiddler, Wandell, Bachman and a 4th.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote