HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great video interview with Trevor Timmins on RDS' frontpage

Old
05-22-2012, 06:19 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
He is smart as he is saying what the journalist wants to hear.
What did he say that he held back besides giving the list? Saying things like more scouts is better isn't exactly rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It may also be a bit insulting to hear someone imply that you haven't been doing your job right. When you're a talent scout, someone insinuating that you haven't been doing your due diligence one way or the other is kind of rude.
I agree with you but I think Timmins knows by now it's more of a "what do you say to all the people who think this" more so than "im questioning your ability to run a scouting team".

I rewatched that part. He says "Marc says he wants more players and scouting from Quebec, do you agree with that?"

It's pretty tame. Timmins kind of looked like "oh here we go" but seemed more amused by it than angry.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 05-22-2012 at 06:25 PM.
LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:28 PM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500
I find the interviewer stupid to say: "Hey everybody in the world, here's Timmins' secret card.. he's from Finnish and his name is"..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Elverpond

I dont know much about Timmins, how long has he been with the organization? background? he seems pretty smart and he seems to have been taking some french classes obviously preparing for a higher position...

Elverpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:58 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
It could be possible that I'm looking way too much into this, but 2 things of note (this is for the 1 on 1 interview):

- I can understand only a little bit of french, so I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that through the translations Stephane Leroux was putting words into Trevor's mouth. I thought I heard him mention the fact that guys like Grigorenko & Teravainen are possibilities when Timmins surely didn't actually come out and say that. I noticed Timmins sort of smiled (or maybe an eye roll?) when Leroux mentioned Teravainen when he was doing the translation.

- Also, Timmins seemed a little annoyed when Leroux brought up the french question at the end, and with good reason in my personal opinion.

But I may be just looking into it too much.
I think he wanted to call Leroux an idiot after he mentioned Teravainen as a "hidden gem". This kid is a consensus Top 10 pick, there's nothing hidden about him. How can you draft a sleeper in the Top 3?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:22 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elverpond View Post
I dont know much about Timmins, how long has he been with the organization? background? he seems pretty smart and he seems to have been taking some french classes obviously preparing for a higher position...
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/l_fr/page.htm?id=52440

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote