HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 3.0

View Poll Results: 3rd ov. + (Tinordi or Beaulieu) for 1st ov?
NO 161 85.64%
YES (trade Tinordi) 7 3.72%
YES (trade Beaulieu) 20 10.64%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
HabsSlappy

vCash: 500
OK here is what I just dreamt up...

Montreal trades:
Plekanec and Beaulieu

Columbus Trades:
2nd overall and Brassard

Montreal Trades:
3rd overall, Nashville 2nd and guarantee not to draft Murray

Edmonton trades:
First overall

Montreal drafts:
Yakupov and Galchenyuk in the first and still has their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I also wouldn't mind using our second and third to jump back into the first round to grab a guy Timmins really likes that happens to still be on the board.

Of course this is very aggressive and unlikely to happen in real life, but how sweet would it be?

Old
06-03-2012, 12:04 AM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post

Montreal trades:
Plekanec and Beaulieu

Columbus Trades:
2nd overall and Brassard

Montreal Trades:

Edmonton trades:
First overall

Montreal drafts:
Yakupov and Galchenyuk in the first and still has their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I also wouldn't mind using our second and third to jump back into the first round to grab a guy Timmins really likes that happens to still be on the board.

Of course this is very aggressive and unlikely to happen in real life, but how sweet would it be?
Tambellini has stated numerous times and just recently on TSN Combine show that he isn't moving the #1 pick unless they get overpayment. How is a 2nd rd pick overpayment?

Old
06-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Tambellini has stated numerous times and just recently on TSN Combine show that he isn't moving the #1 pick unless they get overpayment. How is a 2nd rd pick overpayment?
Ahhhh. The classic HFboards "overpayment" argument.

What is "overpayment"? Isn't it slightly more than what anyone else would pay?

So,maybe the 2nd is more than what other GMs will pay, so that makes it an overpayment.

Old
06-03-2012, 10:35 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Tambellini has been putting himself in the corner of the no trader, since the lottery. At this point I don't even think he wants to listen to anyone. That's all in contrast with what Bergevin has been stating. Not wasting proposals for the 1st anymore, what a bore

Old
06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:

Montreal trades:
Plekanec and Beaulieu

Columbus Trades:
2nd overall and Brassard

Montreal Trades:

Edmonton trades:
First overall

Montreal drafts:

If Oilers do pick a defenseman 1st overall good idea on getting Columbus' pick. Probably cost more though.

Old
06-03-2012, 12:59 PM
thunderthighs

Why would anyone want to trade Beaulieu just to move up from 3 to 1? He is arguably Montreal's best prospect and is on the verge of making the roster. Just like McDonagh was when the Habs traded him.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Halifaxhab*

Would anyone do Markov for Franzen?

I read that in a thread on a french site that MTL and DET were in some discussions and they jumped to Markov being the target for the wings and that Franzen should be our targetted return.

Granted it does fill a need in our top 6 and Pleks would probably LOVE to have a guy like him on his line. But it leaves a pretty good sized hole in our defence....but we are used to that one, and it does open some cap space to sign a couple UFA Dmen.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:40 AM
centrehice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderthighs View Post
Why would anyone want to trade Beaulieu just to move up from 3 to 1? He is arguably Montreal's best prospect and is on the verge of making the roster. Just like McDonagh was when the Habs traded him.
It wasn't just to trade up. You came away with the first and second pick.

I wouldn't want to trade him, but yak and gal would be a nice haul

Old
06-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post

I read that in a thread on a french site that MTL and DET were in some discussions and they jumped to Markov being the target for the wings and that Franzen should be our targetted return.

Granted it does fill a need in our top 6 and Pleks would probably LOVE to have a guy like him on his line. But it leaves a pretty good sized hole in our defence....but we are used to that one, and it does open some cap space to sign a couple UFA Dmen.
I never liked Franzen, so I not exactly objective and I wouldn't do that trade. If we trade Markov to Detroit Fillpulla should be coming back.

Old
06-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I never liked Franzen, so I not exactly objective and I wouldn't do that trade. If we trade Markov to Detroit Fillpulla should be coming back.
I am somewhat indefferent to the idea. But in theory, getting a top 6 winger who dives the net and can finish would be a great addition for Pleks' line

Old
06-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Pax Macioretty

I would do a Markov for Tatar and Ouellette swap no question.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:55 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it too much. They'll get the guy they obviously want at number 1, and it isn't Murray.
And on that note, time to change the draft rules a bit, no team ever picks 1st overall 3 years in a ****ing row again.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:57 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
We just can't trade Juorgeos at the moment.
Judges, it's spelt Judges. God this board.

Old
06-04-2012, 09:59 AM
bsl

Quote:

Montreal trades:
Plekanec and Beaulieu

Columbus Trades:
2nd overall and Brassard

Montreal Trades:

Edmonton trades:
First overall

Montreal drafts:

As sweet as Cate Blanchette sitting on my face, and as likely to happen.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:04 AM
bsl

Quote:

That's actually interesting. Big risk/reward for Wings, and a very good player for us. Don't think the Wings would bite though.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:08 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:

That would mean goodbye to Bourque, so why not try to lump him up in there with Detroit adding something for the form? Also you'd need someone who can fill Markov's skates for next season and that's not a Justin Schultz with 0 games in the NHL. So that's not exactly a trade I would do without a plan to replace Markov first or a dman coming from Detroit.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I would do a Markov for Tatar and Ouellette swap no question.
Where is this love for Tatar coming from? He's a small guy that excells on the bigger ice, I'm not so sure he'll be as good on the smaller ice.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:20 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd round pick to move from 3rd overall to 1st overall in this year's draft. Yeah, it'd be worth a little *something* to move up and get Yakupov. But certainly no core players like Gorges or any of our top prospects. I wouldn't give EDM any lukewarm indications about that either. If Tambellini is trying to jockey around at all, then it probably is a clear enough indication that he wants Murray anyway, so there's really no harm in lowballing him. He can do whatever he wants or take a better offer if there is one, wouldn't bother me either way. That's how content I'd be just staying at #3 this draft.
If they're REALLY sold on Yakopov or Murray than I'd go as high as our second 2nd pick to move up.

Old
06-04-2012, 11:14 AM
ChoseLa

Would you do a Nash for Markov swap?

Old
06-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Would you do a Nash for Markov swap?
Without thinking twice. Columbus wouldn't do it and neither player would wave his NTC for it though.

Old
06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Miller Time

No thanks.

Rather Gorges + galy/forsberg/grigs/dumba then yakupov alone.

Old
06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
EveryDay

Quote:

The problem with Franzen is the 8 years remaining at 4M per. The amount is ok but the term is **** . He will be 40 when his contract expired....

Old
06-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If they're REALLY sold on Yakopov or Murray than I'd go as high as our second 2nd pick to move up.
I wouldn't criticize that one either. If I was GM and Timmins told me he felt like the gap between Yakupov and the next-best player was that much greater than I do, then I wouldn't nitpick over the additional dozen or so spots in the order. But that's definitely the ballpark of where I'd be looking in the #3-#1 scenario, nothing like what Edmonton or the team's fans would be looking for. It's basically something EDM only takes if they are decided to take Murray anyway, know the draft board will allow that to happen at #3, but not at #4,5, and they are essentially just getting "something for nothing" from their perspective. And then we only do it if we know (or suspect, or still fear) that Columbus is going to take Yakupov.

It's a decent little intrigue to still have left out there anyway. Probably all dispelled the moment EDM steps up to the podium and takes Yakupov. But fun to contemplate all the same.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

What would Columbus have to add (and I do mean add) to balance out a Brassard - Plekanec trade.

Would a Cody Goloubef or Boone Jenner be enough?

I heard Plekanec was a player coveted by Columbus before he resigned with us.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:55 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What would Columbus have to add (and I do mean add) to balance out a Brassard - Plekanec trade.

Would a Cody Goloubef or Boone Jenner be enough?

I heard Plekanec was a player coveted by Columbus before he resigned with us.
Pleks has a NTC, good luck CBL to convice him...

I'm really tired of seeing Pleks name come up in every two trade proposals, he's so underrated it's ridiculous. He's an elite two-way centre, he'd be pretty hard, if not impossible, to replace.

Closed Thread