HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 3.0

View Poll Results: 3rd ov. + (Tinordi or Beaulieu) for 1st ov?
NO 161 85.64%
YES (trade Tinordi) 7 3.72%
YES (trade Beaulieu) 20 10.64%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 04:10 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
He wants to stay in Montreal and Therrien said he wants the team to get bigger so I'd be surprised if he wasn't back.
Therrien would probably be interested in acquiring Paul Gaustad,Bryan Allen and Filip Kuba.Kuba being a good mentor for some of the young defencemen getting tryouts over the next two seasons.Then again Markov and Kaberle can teach offence and Allen could help Jarred Tinordi with his game.Gaustad if signed would give the Habs a good faceoff man for defensive zone faceoffs,while teaching some of the young call-ups some defensive coverage tips.Those players are UFA's,any trades probably depend on how many contracts are renewed,out of the 56 players decisions are still being pondered on by the new regime.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
That's too bad. I liked him. The only problem is he's 6'2 but doesn't hit.
He hits more than a guy who's supposedly a power forward (cough Chris Stewart cough), I agree he should use his body more to punish the opposing d-men, because when he does, it usually ends up like this:

He's a good finisher, he's good defensively, pretty fast for his size, good on the cycle and he doesn't mind to go to the high traffic areas, his only bigger downside is his passing. Since McGinn was traded to Colorado, Jones had 21 points in 27 games and he did a lot of dirty work to free up Stastny and McGinn.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Therrien would probably be interested in acquiring Paul Gaustad,Bryan Allen and Filip Kuba.Kuba being a good mentor for some of the young defencemen getting tryouts over the next two seasons.Then again Markov and Kaberle can teach offence and Allen could help Jarred Tinordi with his game.Gaustad if signed would give the Habs a good faceoff man for defensive zone faceoffs,while teaching some of the young call-ups some defensive coverage tips.Those players are UFA's,any trades probably depend on how many contracts are renewed,out of the 56 players decisions are still being pondered on by the new regime.
Gaustad will get insanely overpaid IMHO just because of his size.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Gaustad will get insanely overpaid IMHO just because of his size.
More than that. He's a beast on the dot, he's a leader, he's tough, he hits and he fights. On top of all of that he can score, too.

Jackets seem to be pretty down on Mason. I'd say trade them Budaj and a 4th-5th pick for him. That seems to be all the fans want.

If the habs don't suffer another injury riddled season he'll have a fresh start, a better team and no one expecting him to be better than Price.

I was really hoping for Jones. Guy is underrated. He's got size and he's a right handed shot.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
More than that. He's a beast on the dot, he's a leader, he's tough, he hits and he fights. On top of all of that he can score, too.

Jackets seem to be pretty down on Mason. I'd say trade them Budaj and a 4th-5th pick for him. That seems to be all the fans want.

If the habs don't suffer another injury riddled season he'll have a fresh start, a better team and no one expecting him to be better than Price.

I was really hoping for Jones. Guy is underrated. He's got size and he's a right handed shot.
I didn't mean to sound to negative about Gaustad, he's a great player, but I think someone's going to pay him way more than he's worth. Poile might be desperate to resign him given how much he paid to get him and Sabres might want him back.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I like him but I can't see us getting him at a reasonable price and we have Eller who will be a better player in the not too distant future. Maybe sign McClement or Pahlsson for 1-1.6 mil.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I like him but I can't see us getting him at a reasonable price and we have Eller who will be a better player in the not too distant future. Maybe sign McClement or Pahlsson for 1-1.6 mil.
McClement and Colorado are close to an agreement and he'll get way more than 1.6mil.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
McClement and Colorado are close to an agreement and he'll get way more than 1.6mil.
If they give him way more than 1.6 mil at 17 points they are on some bad drugs.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
If they give him way more than 1.6 mil at 17 points they are on some bad drugs.
Points are a very important stat for someone whose main role is to be a great shutdown forward and for someone who starts the majority of shifts in his own end, plays with guys like Kobasew or Winnik (great defensive forward but he has hands of stone), kills penalties, provides leadership and chips in an occasional goal. He'll get around 2.5mil and I'll be very happy about that.

Old
06-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I didn't mean to sound to negative about Gaustad, he's a great player, but I think someone's going to pay him way more than he's worth. Poile might be desperate to resign him given how much he paid to get him and Sabres might want him back.
Maybe it's me, but I think of Paul Gaustad getting overpaid, I'm talking 4 mill a year range. If it does happen, I won't be surprised at the signing. More surprised I got it right.

I wanted a lot of Colorado's potential ufas (Jones, McClement), but we'll probably get stuck with re-signing Darche. Then see him get 22+ minutes a night.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Maybe it's me, but I think of Paul Gaustad getting overpaid, I'm talking 4 mill a year range. If it does happen, I won't be surprised at the signing. More surprised I got it right.

I wanted a lot of Colorado's potential ufas (Jones, McClement), but we'll probably get stuck with re-signing Darche. Then see him get 22+ minutes a night.
I think he'll get around 3.5mil maybe even more. He's a good player, but that would be too much for my liking given his offensive limitations.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I think he'll get around 3.5mil maybe even more. He's a good player, but that would be too much for my liking given his offensive limitations.
Exactly. Add to that he'll more likely be stuck on a team's 3rd, or 4th line whether it's due to depth, or the fact that he isn't skilled enough.

As an Avs fan, if the habs were to sign O'Brien (I believe he is ufa) as a 6-7 guy with toughness would that be a good move, or are his boneheaded plays too costly for the toughness/ shot blocking (from what I remember he does this fairly well) that he brings ?

Old
06-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Exactly. Add to that he'll more likely be stuck on a team's 3rd, or 4th line whether it's due to depth, or the fact that he isn't skilled enough.

As an Avs fan, if the habs were to sign O'Brien (I believe he is ufa) as a 6-7 guy with toughness would that be a good move, or are his boneheaded plays too costly for the toughness/ shot blocking (from what I remember he does this fairly well) that he brings ?
He was forced to play way over his head this past season and his play was the main reason EJ's point and ice time totals are so low, EJ couldn't afford to play a more offensive role given the fact that Orr'Brien is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Can he be a decent bottom pairing d-man? I honestly don't know, he looked good back with Nashville in that role, but as I've said he was playing over his head in Colorado. My main problem with him is that he doesn't know his limits, which in the end bites him and his team in the ass, oh and he loves spinoramas, he looks like a drunk Serge Savard sometimes on the ice.

I wouldn't be too happy if Montreal signs him.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:21 PM
le_sean

Quote:

It'll be one sad day when a 4th liner gets a contract like that. Funny to think guys like the Rocket needed jobs on the side to live comfortably.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Points are a very important stat for someone whose main role is to be a great shutdown forward and for someone who starts the majority of shifts in his own end, plays with guys like Kobasew or Winnik (great defensive forward but he has hands of stone), kills penalties, provides leadership and chips in an occasional goal. He'll get around 2.5mil and I'll be very happy about that.
It's hard to build a winner spending 2.5 mil of cap space on a shutdown forward.

Old
06-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
It's hard to build a winner spending 2.5 mil of cap space on a shutdown forward.
The new cap is at 70.3M assuming the CBA doesnt do anything crazy. That means, on a 22 man roster, each player can have a salary of a tad over 3 million dollars and a team still be cap compliant. Obviously the backup goalie, #7 D man, and #13 forward will average, say 1 million each. So now we have 67.3 million for 19 players. That leaves 3.5 million player as an average. 2.5 mil in todays cap world isn't what it was back in 2006. Jay is an instrumental part of that team and I can assure you that every Avs fan would be jumping with joy if Jay re-signs for 7.5mil over three years.

Old
06-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
He was forced to play way over his head this past season and his play was the main reason EJ's point and ice time totals are so low, EJ couldn't afford to play a more offensive role given the fact that Orr'Brien is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Can he be a decent bottom pairing d-man? I honestly don't know, he looked good back with Nashville in that role, but as I've said he was playing over his head in Colorado. My main problem with him is that he doesn't know his limits, which in the end bites him and his team in the ass, oh and he loves spinoramas, he looks like a drunk Serge Savard sometimes on the ice.

I wouldn't be too happy if Montreal signs him.
I hope if the habs do look for that type of d (I think they need) they don't go for him, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It'll be one sad day when a 4th liner gets a contract like that. Funny to think guys like the Rocket needed jobs on the side to live comfortably.
Yes it is. Once Gaustad signs his massive, undeserving contract he should donate some of it to the Richard family, or a charity.

Old
06-07-2012, 11:00 PM
S Bah

Why do you think Gaustad's contract will jump from $2.2 mil to $3.5 or $4.5 mil for the same job.UFA or not his salary isn't going to be $.5 mil under what Plekanec makes a year seriously.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:33 PM
LyricalLyricist

Any idea what it would take to get the first of washington's or tampa's 1st rounders?

Washington has 11 & 16 and Tampa has 10 & 19.

I really think one of TT, Grigo, Forsberg or whatever could drop to 10th-11th. Would be solid pick up.

Old
06-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Any idea what it would take to get the first of washington's or tampa's 1st rounders?

Washington has 11 & 16 and Tampa has 10 & 19.

I really think one of TT, Grigo, Forsberg or whatever could drop to 10th-11th. Would be solid pick up.
Forsberg dropping at 10? Isn't he ranked 2nd overall on most rankings?

Old
06-08-2012, 06:00 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
Forsberg dropping at 10? Isn't he ranked 2nd overall on most rankings?
I just meant one of them would drop. Not forsberg, just out of his group.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:25 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

If Edmonton selects Murray...

To MTL :
2nd overall

To CLB :
MTL 2013 1st round pick
Conditionnal pick
No other compensation if the pick is top 5
MTL 2013 2nd round pick if the pick is 6-10
MTL 2014 1st round pick if the pick is 11...

Do you think they could take the gamble considering how deep the 2013 draft is supposed to be?

Would you do it from Habs POV? It would allow us to select both Yakupov and Galchenyuk.

Old
06-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post

To MTL :
2nd overall

To CLB :
MTL 2013 1st round pick
Conditionnal pick

Do you think they could take the gamble considering how deep the 2013 draft is supposed to be?

Would you do it from Habs POV? It would allow us to select both Yakupov and Galchenyuk.
I surely wouldn't gamble on the 2013 1st round pick, just imagine if we were to have another bad season, and finished last, but we traded our pick to colombus, you know the rest ...

Old
06-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Dharvey33

I hope we let Moen walk i hate the guy not because he sucks just because of the way Martin used him. Maybe with Therrien it will be different but still i'm not a fan of him at all.

I think the habs should trade their 2 second rounders to get a top 15th pick and then pick a solid dman like Maata or Reinhart that would probably be still available. Or teravainen or Grigensons or Faksa those players could be gold too. We don't talak about them since we have a a top 3 but they look good.

Old
06-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post

To MTL :
2nd overall

To CLB :
MTL 2013 1st round pick
Conditionnal pick

of course we would, but I don't see CLB wanting to do that

Closed Thread