HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 3.0

View Poll Results: 3rd ov. + (Tinordi or Beaulieu) for 1st ov?
NO 161 85.64%
YES (trade Tinordi) 7 3.72%
YES (trade Beaulieu) 20 10.64%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I agree. Not to mention Allen would only cost us cap space and term. Harl would cost that and other assets.

If we make a deal with Chicago, I'd like to see a minor one that lands us Beach to help the left side or maybe even Kruger.
Beach is starting to look like a bad pick if not a bust. Lots of dumb penalities and mediocre AHL production.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Beach is starting to look like a bad pick if not a bust. Lots of dumb penalities and mediocre AHL production.
Beach could be a good pick up low risk high reward type if we get him for a 4th or 5th. Basically at those rounds, that's the kind of bubble player you are dealing with. And you never know what new systems/coaches/wake up call will do for him.

But basically, any deal with Chicago would likely be minor in nature, no Pleks for Sharpe kind of stuff. More like late rd picks for middling prospects that Bergevin likes

Old
05-30-2012, 11:48 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He's battled some injury problems. He grew up a Habs fan, so I could see a change of scenery and an NHL roster spot motivating him. He's an intimidating player.

Old
05-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Beach could be a good pick up low risk high reward type if we get him for a 4th or 5th. Basically at those rounds, that's the kind of bubble player you are dealing with. And you never know what new systems/coaches/wake up call will do for him.

But basically, any deal with Chicago would likely be minor in nature, no Pleks for Sharpe kind of stuff. More like late rd picks for middling prospects that Bergevin likes
I could live with that. Would definitely be shocked if Bergevin DOESN'T make a trade with Chicago in the next 12 months. Maybe something like Palushaj who may not have room here or Weber.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Halifaxhab*

Maybe Bouwmeester is on the outs in Calgary now? Perhaps pakage up Kaberle and a 2nd (NSH or CGY 2013) for him?

Old
05-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Maybe Bouwmeester is on the outs in Calgary now? Perhaps pakage up Kaberle and a 2nd (NSH or CGY 2013) for him?
I wouldn't add a pick, but a swap of Bouwmeester for Kaberle is good for me

Old
05-31-2012, 12:24 PM
LaTenderness

I would toss that 2nd rounder along with kabs for Bouwmy for sure but that still sounds too good to be true

Old
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Why would the Flames want Kaberle? I'm sure they could do better than that elsewhere.

I'd make the trade, unless we draft a defenseman with the 3rd overall.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Why would the Flames want Kaberle? I'm sure they could do better than that elsewhere.

I'd make the trade, unless we draft a defenseman with the 3rd overall.
If the Flames decided to "re-tool" by moving J-BO, Kipper and Iggy they would stay close to the cap min and be guaranteed a lotto pick

Old
05-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I wouldn't add a pick, but a swap of Bouwmeester for Kaberle is good for me
Too bad it isn't good for the Flames.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:01 PM
LaTenderness

Here's a swap i'd like to see. Grigo and Pat Roy for Molsons millions. Fair deal everyone wins. Then trade the farm for Rick Nash sign Semin and contend for a cup for the next decade

Old
05-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He's battled some injury problems. He grew up a Habs fan, so I could see a change of scenery and an NHL roster spot motivating him. He's an intimidating player.
I see it as a potential opportunity that should be explored. It's a fairly common type of trade. Gainey swapped Hossa for Murray. Gauthier got Bournival for O'Byrne, Palushaj for D'Agostini. The NYR picked up Boyle from LA when he had run out of options there. In a similar type of deal that worked out oppositely, the Habs (forget whether it was AS or BG) managed to sell Chouinard to Philly for a 2nd round pick.

There are of course lots of other deals that get forgotten because the prospects involved never amount to anything at all. But I think it's a pretty fundamental part of managing personnel. You always have to be looking for a devalued prospect on a discount who could boom big (Naslund) or fill a need, or trying to recycle prospects on the waiver razor into draft picks or other prospects with a few more years of development time before they become roster problems to manage.

To get back to Beach, I've always liked the thought of him as a prospect -- a blend of pest and skill. The Steve Otts of the NHL are rare. Lesser versions than him still have their use. Admittedly, some of that attraction has to be an instinctual part of my armchair philosophy as a result of watching wimpy Habs teams for so long. I still remember Lind and Dackell and Witehall and how hopeful I was when AS landed Kilger.

All that to say that the idea of Beach might be more appealing than the actual player, but I still endorse the general strategy.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:30 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

If Beach has chased his demons, I'd definitely take a flyer on him... at the right price. I'd also like Bryan Bickell from Chicago for our 3rd line.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
If Beach has chased his demons, I'd definitely take a flyer on him... at the right price. I'd also like Bryan Bickell from Chicago for our 3rd line.
Wouldn't say he has demons ,, He was just an idiot/moron

He showed maturity this past year and was coaching youth hockey while injured (Something you wouldn't have expected given Beach's history)

Old
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Roke

Things are getting too reasonable here (Taking a flyer on a guy like Beach if he were to come cheap would be nice), we need something insane for everyone to bash.

With Philadelphia rumoured to want Vokoun to back up Bryzgalov...

To PHI: MTL 3rd '13
To MTL: Sergei Bobrovsky

That's not the insane part. I know it won't happen, I know it's not realistic, and I'm not even sure Edmonton's inept management would want to do it even though the player has good World Junior pedigree and was a former first-round pick (something they seem to really, really value by their public comments when they make trades along those lines)

To EDM: Carey Price, Tomas Kaberle, Yannick Weber
To MTL: Edm 1st '12, EDM 1st '13, Ladislav Smid, Devyn Dubnyk.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Wouldn't say he has demons ,, He was just an idiot/moron

He showed maturity this past year and was coaching youth hockey while injured (Something you wouldn't have expected given Beach's history)
I'm glad to hear. He has the skills set, he just needs to get his head straight.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:40 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
Things are getting too reasonable here (Taking a flyer on a guy like Beach if he were to come cheap would be nice), we need something insane for everyone to bash.

With Philadelphia rumoured to want Vokoun to back up Bryzgalov...

To PHI: MTL 3rd '13
To MTL: Sergei Bobrovsky

That's not the insane part. I know it won't happen, I know it's not realistic, and I'm not even sure Edmonton's inept management would want to do it even though the player has good World Junior pedigree and was a former first-round pick (something they seem to really, really value by their public comments when they make trades along those lines)

To EDM: Carey Price, Tomas Kaberle, Yannick Weber
To MTL: Edm 1st '12, EDM 1st '13, Ladislav Smid, Devyn Dubnyk.
what do you mean insane. Who wouldn't do that?

Old
06-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Pax Macioretty

I don't know why people are looking for a forward on the 3rd line. For me it's already set: Bourque-Eller-Leblanc. They really didn't look bad in the 2,3 games they played together too.

We badly need a highly skilled player on the top 6 for Pleakanec and Gionta, somebody like Parise or Radulov to a lesser extent. Better yet, we could get another power forward and get a more skilled center than Plekanec for the 2nd line...

Old
06-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I don't know why people are looking for a forward on the 3rd line. For me it's already set: Bourque-Eller-Leblanc. They really didn't look bad in the 2,3 games they played together too.

We badly need a highly skilled player on the top 6 for Pleakanec and Gionta, somebody like Parise or Radulov to a lesser extent. Better yet, we could get another power forward and get a more skilled center than Plekanec for the 2nd line...
I would prefer to either sick Moen there(obviously would need to be re-signed) or depending how much we have left to spend, somebody like Kelly(2.5 or more/year) Boyes Ponikarovsky Stempniak Samuelsson Brunette Sykora Crabb Langenbrunner Rolston Stoll etc

Either a 1 year bridge to LeBlanc in 13-14 or a 2-3 year deal(Stoll Kelly) to replace Bourque after next year(boost up his value and trade).

I think the correct development path for LeBlanc is AHL next year, let him play big minutes there C/W 1st line, 1st PP and PK then 3rd line in 13-14 then push for a top 6 spot in 14-15 at 23, by then he should have an extra 10-15lbs to help him in traffic.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:03 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

While I tend to agree with the Bourque-Eller-Leblanc line being worthy, I think the habs will be looking for Leblanc stepping it up and become that highly skilled player on the top 6. There's also Dumont who could be get a chance to fill 3rd line duty skates. That said there's a lot of room for improvment, so I'm not expecting anything for the moment.

Getting Radulov out of Nashville and in Montreal would be a major plus, that I agree also.

How about Jagr?

Old
06-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Lafontaine

Montreal one team that has the pieces to pursue first overall pick

I apologize in advance. I'm not typically one to post crazy trade proposal threads, but I just keep thinking that Montreal may have all the right peices to chase Edmonton for their Yakupov pick.

It seems more and more likely than Yakupov is going to be taken first overall (regardless of Edmonton's defensive needs) and is clearly considered a cut above the rest by most observers. Montreal has had some dealings with Edmonton in the past and has been searching for a genuine offensive talent for 20 years.

I would argue that the Habs have some decent resources defensively and few would argue that the culture of the team still needs a shake up. As blue chip as they are considered to be, the glove slapping duo of Price and Subban have been a part of the miserable team chemistry that may not yet have been sorted out (add to that my personal opinion that Carey Price is painfully over-rated). In addition they are both RFAs.

Would anyone like, or at least believe it could be realistic to see the type of deal listed below? Seems win-win to me:

Subban
Mtl 1st (Murray?)
???

for

Gagne
Edm 1st (Yakupov)

or...

Subban
Price

for

Yakupov
Khabibulin
???

Old
06-01-2012, 07:36 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine View Post
Would anyone like, or at least believe it could be realistic to see the type of deal listed below? Seems win-win to me:

Subban
Mtl 1st (Murray?)
???

for

Gagne
Edm 1st (Yakupov)

or...

Subban
Price

for

Yakupov
Khabibulin
???
What make you think it's a win-win situation. The Habs will get a great player at 3rd overall. There is no guaratee that Yakupov will have a better career than Forsberg/Galchenyuk. Why do we have to give Subban/Price to the Oilers?

Old
06-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I think Montreal keeps Subban and Price and picks 3rd if that's the price for the 1st.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:37 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Subbans not going anywhere.

I could see, and would be willing to do, Beaulieu and #3 for Yakupov.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:37 PM
sheed36

As a Habs fan I say HELL NO to both those deals.. I have no interest in dealing either Subban or Price.. I'm content with keeping both Subban and Price and taking the BPA @ #3..

Closed Thread