HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 3.0

View Poll Results: 3rd ov. + (Tinordi or Beaulieu) for 1st ov?
NO 161 85.64%
YES (trade Tinordi) 7 3.72%
YES (trade Beaulieu) 20 10.64%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 07:38 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
just no.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:40 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

No thanks. Not worth it to give up any of the gys it would take to get that 1st overall pick.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:40 PM
eklund the clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine View Post
I apologize in advance. I'm not typically one to post crazy trade proposal threads, but I just keep thinking that Montreal may have all the right peices to chase Edmonton for their Yakupov pick.

It seems more and more likely than Yakupov is going to be taken first overall (regardless of Edmonton's defensive needs) and is clearly considered a cut above the rest by most observers. Montreal has had some dealings with Edmonton in the past and has been searching for a genuine offensive talent for 20 years.

I would argue that the Habs have some decent resources defensively and few would argue that the culture of the team still needs a shake up. As blue chip as they are considered to be, the glove slapping duo of Price and Subban have been a part of the miserable team chemistry that may not yet have been sorted out (add to that my personal opinion that Carey Price is painfully over-rated). In addition they are both RFAs.

Would anyone like, or at least believe it could be realistic to see the type of deal listed below? Seems win-win to me:

Subban
Mtl 1st (Murray?)
???

for

Gagne
Edm 1st (Yakupov)

or...

Subban
Price

for

Yakupov
Khabibulin
???
As that black dude wrestler turned commentator on WWE says 50 times a match
Are you kiddin me?

Old
06-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
I'd rather forfeit the 1st round pick and keep Subban and Price than trade them to move up two spots..

Old
06-01-2012, 07:57 PM
JHabs61

um... no thanks.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

1st, Gallagher, Ellis for Edm 1st

Don't want it, I'll keep the 3rd overall.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Dr_Hook

Those deals are not even close

Old
06-01-2012, 08:46 PM
KawaYui

I would'ne even trade Price for yakupov straight ..

Old
06-01-2012, 08:46 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
I apologize in advance. I'm not typically one to post crazy trade proposal threads, but I just keep thinking that Montreal may have all the right peices to chase Edmonton for their Yakupov pick.

It seems more and more likely than Yakupov is going to be taken first overall (regardless of Edmonton's defensive needs) and is clearly considered a cut above the rest by most observers. Montreal has had some dealings with Edmonton in the past and has been searching for a genuine offensive talent for 20 years.

I would argue that the Habs have some decent resources defensively and few would argue that the culture of the team still needs a shake up. As blue chip as they are considered to be, the glove slapping duo of Price and Subban have been a part of the miserable team chemistry that may not yet have been sorted out (add to that my personal opinion that Carey Price is painfully over-rated). In addition they are both RFAs.

Would anyone like, or at least believe it could be realistic to see the type of deal listed below? Seems win-win to me:

Subban
Mtl 1st (Murray?)
???

for

Gagne
Edm 1st (Yakupov)

or...

Subban
Price

for

Yakupov
Khabibulin
???
Totally none sensible. Galchenyuk at 3 is more Habs fit. Costs to move up to get Yakupov is high and smallish winger is not their need.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:53 PM
HabbyGilmore
Best man for the job

Send a message via MSN to HabbyGilmore
Yakupov is a cut above the rest yes, a cut above a pretty average looking rest. I wouldn't trade key assets like Price or Subby for him. Other players maybe, UFA's, some other prospects (not Bealieu) but I wouldn't trade everything for this one guy

Old
06-01-2012, 08:55 PM
habfaninvictoria

NOOOO

Yakupov may be good.... may not... there are no sure things in any draft but this years is thin. I think the player we want will be available at 3 anyway.

FORSBERG

Russians are too risky, sorry. Forsberg is NHL ready today.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:55 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:

Subban
Mtl 1st (Murray?)
???

for

Gagne
Edm 1st (Yakupov)

or...

Subban
Price

for

Yakupov
Khabibulin
???
Is this a joke? Montreal would be incredibly more worse off if they realized any of those deals. Why would we give up guaranteed talent for a "maybe"?

Moreover, Galchenyuck was supposed to rival Yakupov as the first overall pick before he got injured so why we give up our best players for a guy that might end up being less good than our 3rd overall pick. It's not like the first overall pick is a Crosby-type player who you know will leave all the other players in the dust. The players picked in the top 4 or 5 are all relatively close in talent. It's smarter just to stay put and then we can evaluate which team won the draft in a few years time.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

We could switch picks with them but not by trading our Top Three(Price, Subban, Max). Let's face it, the Oilers are a lousy team, they will need a lot of bodies to get out of that funk, we have several guys that could help them out.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Habsfunk

The most I would give up for the 1st overall is 3rd overall + 2nd round pick + fringe player (ie. Weber). Otherwise it's not worth it because Yakupov isn't that much better than who will be available at 3.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk View Post
The most I would give up for the 1st overall is 3rd overall + 2nd round pick + fringe player (ie. Weber). Otherwise it's not worth it because Yakupov isn't that much better than who will be available at 3.
The guy has everything, skills, grit and so forth. He's worth more than an exchange of picks and freakin Weber. Good Lord.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Stay as & take Alex Galchenyuk.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Craig71

What a joke of a proposal this one is. I would'nt trade Carey Price for Ovechkin let

alone some kid that tore up junior. Anyone ever heard of Daigle? You dont just get

franchise goalies every day, just look at the playoffs and see what a vital element

a star goalie is and just look at the Washington Caps to see what a good on paper

Ovie and Semin are supposed to be as opposed to what they actually are. Keep

Yaku whatever and draft the swede kid at 3 and live with it, he just might be

Landeskog v2 and that would be a bonus.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:18 PM
lamp9post

I agree that the Habs could be a player for the 1st overall pick, but not at the cost suggested by the OP. I could see the Habs going for a package of draft picks (e.g. 3rd overall + 2012 2nd + 2013 2nd) for the 1st overall, but there is no way Subban and/or Price will be involved.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:28 PM
tdecheno

Wow that 2nd proposal was awesome. Price and Subban for Yakupov and a 87 year old, washed up goalie....

"I'm not typically one to post crazy trade proposal threads".....stick to this bud, obviously there's a reason you don't typically do that.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I don't know why people are looking for a forward on the 3rd line. For me it's already set: Bourque-Eller-Leblanc. They really didn't look bad in the 2,3 games they played together too.

We badly need a highly skilled player on the top 6 for Pleakanec and Gionta, somebody like Parise or Radulov to a lesser extent. Better yet, we could get another power forward and get a more skilled center than Plekanec for the 2nd line...
The problem is the other team would want Plekanec or Gionta in return.

I think sooner or later both of them will be traded. The GM has some tough decisions ahead of him and getting younger will probably be one of them.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:30 PM
KawaYui

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
I agree that the Habs could be a player for the 1st overall pick, but not at the cost suggested by the OP. I could see the Habs going for a package of draft picks (e.g. 3rd overall + 2012 2nd + 2013 2nd) for the 1st overall, but there is no way Subban and/or Price will be involved.
There is NO WAY that I'd do that to move up from only two spots
People are way overestimating Yakupov.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
I would'ne even trade Price for yakupov straight ..
Now this is something I would probably do. I asked some Oiler fans if they'd do this and slightly more said no than yes.

We could take Yakupov + Galchenyuk (for the teammate connection) or whoever we thought was BPA at #3 and our offense would do a 180. We would save money, and be an impressive team from the net out. Goalies are an overrated position IMO, good ones are constantly coming and going, it wouldn't be too difficult to find a decent replacement via UFA (Vokoun) or trade.

But of course this will never happen and you'd obviously need a good idea of what you could get as a goalie replacement before you pulled the trigger. But, Bergevin has emphasized the importance of goaltending and how much he likes Price.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:09 PM
idk

Price or Subban plus our first for first overall? No thanks. That's not even close. Compare to the Penguins/Panthers trade in 2003 - a first (Fleury) and a third (Carcillo) for a first (Horton), a second (Meyer) and a 27 year old project who has never scored more than eight goals in a season (Samuelsson). If Edmonton wants anything more (say our first, second and Weber or Diaz for their first and third) tell 'em to pound sand. Might have to throw a sop to Columbus to keep them from drafting Murray.

The only way this deal goes down is if they want Murray more than Yakupov. If they do then put it this way - they can get the guy they want, or they can get the guy they want, plus an earlier pick (second for third swap) plus a B-Level prospect.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Galchenyuk27
Fire Therrien

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Did you just seriously propose Subban and Price for the 1st Overall and Khabibulin? ....wat?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:17 PM
SaskRinkRat

Lost in the bad offer is actually some pretty sound logic in the OP. Montreal does have pieces that could be used to entice the 1st off of Edmonton, but those offers are unbelievable non-starters from the Habs standpoint.

I think Edmonton would trade the 1st pick just to avoid having to take the guy they really want (Murray) 1st overall. Their dilemma is that they can't slide too far or they won't get Murray. They're probably pretty safe dropping to #3, so the question becomes how anxious are they to get out of the 1st overall position, and what do they need to placate their fans that they got enough?

Closed Thread