HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Game 4; Rangers(1) @ Devils(4)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2012, 01:53 PM
  #576
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Yeah, that was a perfect "uhhh" moment right there.

I liked how Zubie tapped DeBo on the butt after he stopped yapping at Torts. lol
TG has a piece today saying the players appreciate DeBoer showing passion and dropping the Zen act to jaw with Tortorella:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...th_tortorella/

It's more meaningful precisely because it is so out of character for him to lose his cool, which is something Tortorella doesn't understand.

Saugus is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 01:54 PM
  #577
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 49,625
vCash: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Which two? I only saw one....The first one went through him - that was kind of soft but the traffic in front was amazing.

Can't do anything about a Parise/Zajac 2 on 1.

I guess maybe you can say he should've controled the rebound better on the Kovalchuck shot that lead to the Parise goal but I don't know if I'd call that soft - initial save was made, its difficult to call a rebound bang in soft.
5 guys screening.


__________________

"Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception." - Carl Sagan
Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
05-22-2012, 01:57 PM
  #578
devils1119
Registered User
 
devils1119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 605
vCash: 500
Love how the poll on espn.com has 68% of people still thinking the Rangers will win the series...have they even watched a game? a period? Pathetic.

devils1119 is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
  #579
Ilkka Pikachu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
5 guys screening.

Lundqvist not down on his pads?

Nice "can't see **** captain" moment there

Ilkka Pikachu is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
  #580
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils1119 View Post
Love how the poll on espn.com has 68% of people still thinking the Rangers will win the series...have they even watched a game? a period? Pathetic.
be happy. believe me- you DO NOT want to be the 'favorite' in the playoffs, in any round..

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:00 PM
  #581
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,823
vCash: 500
I think they wanted that third man high in the screen too, that's 6 plus a shoot blocker.

Not sure that's a great plan tho, chances of it getting through consistently is low

CerebralGenesis is online now  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:04 PM
  #582
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 41,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
My only concern is the PP. 1 for 6 with a 5 on 3 for minute and a half last night isn't good enough. They really need to wake up with the best of 2 out of 3.
I think Zidlicky, as the QB, is key to the PP - think of how much better the PP got after the trade. And he's been off since the hit in the Flyers series.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:06 PM
  #583
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
be happy. believe me- you DO NOT want to be the 'favorite' in the playoffs, in any round..
I prefer being the underdog for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I think Zidlicky, as the QB, is key to the PP - think of how much better the PP got after the trade. And he's been off since the hit in the Flyers series.
Ya, Zidlicky is finally showing some of the issues that Wild fans warned us about. Hope he can turn it around soon.

Saugus is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:12 PM
  #584
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Which two? I only saw one....The first one went through him - that was kind of soft but the traffic in front was amazing.

Can't do anything about a Parise/Zajac 2 on 1.

I guess maybe you can say he should've controled the rebound better on the Kovalchuck shot that lead to the Parise goal but I don't know if I'd call that soft -
initial save was made, its difficult to call a rebound bang in soft.
He should have gobbled up Kovy's shot, but that happens. The reason the Parise goal is also soft is that he needlessly opened up his 5-hole, which should be nonexistant due to the design of his pads.

There was no hole for Parise to put the puck through until Lundqvist made the curious decision to abandon his "technology". Mental mistake.

EDIT: And the first goal was definitely soft for a similar reason. Lundqvist 100% KNEW the shot was taken, and he's a butterfly goalie. Even if there were 1000 guys in front of him, there is no excuse for him to not be on the knees (like he is for 50% of the game) well-before Salvador's 45mph "rocket" arrives.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:16 PM
  #585
Flame Demers*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Posts: 760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
He should have gobbled up Kovy's shot, but that happens. The reason the Parise goal is also soft is that he needlessly opened up his 5-hole, which should be nonexistant due to the design of his pads.

There was no hole for Parise to put the puck through until Lundqvist made the curious decision to abandon his "technology". Mental mistake.

EDIT: And the first goal was definitely soft for a similar reason. Lundqvist 100% KNEW the shot was taken, and he's a butterfly goalie. Even if there were 1000 guys in front of him, there is no excuse for him to not be on the knees (like he is for 50% of the game) well-before the Salvador 45mph shot arrives.
parise tipped the initial shot,, hard to control a puck that changes direction 2 feet infront of you..

either way, great faceoff win, good shot by kovy, parise gets a tip, than buries it like a prom date

Flame Demers* is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:19 PM
  #586
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Demers View Post
parise tipped the initial shot,, hard to control a puck that changes direction 2 feet infront of you..

either way, great faceoff win, good shot by kovy, parise gets a tip, than buries it like a prom date
Like I said, the reason it was soft wasnt because he didnt control the rebound, it was because he inexplicably altered the proper position he had (which is a sign of the apocalypse given his entire strength as a player is in proper position and playing the proper angle) which created the goal for Parise.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
  #587
severian
Registered User
 
severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westfield
Country: United States
Posts: 2,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
He should have gobbled up Kovy's shot, but that happens. The reason the Parise goal is also soft is that he needlessly opened up his 5-hole, which should be nonexistant due to the design of his pads.

There was no hole for Parise to put the puck through until Lundqvist made the curious decision to abandon his "technology". Mental mistake.

EDIT: And the first goal was definitely soft for a similar reason. Lundqvist 100% KNEW the shot was taken, and he's a butterfly goalie. Even if there were 1000 guys in front of him, there is no excuse for him to not be on the knees (like he is for 50% of the game) well-before Salvador's 45mph "rocket" arrives.
most guys wish they had a girlfriend who would get on her knees half as often as lundqvist.

severian is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
  #588
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Lundqvist had no reason to open his five hole there. Even if he was lunging with his glove to cover the puck, he didn't need to change the position of his legs to do so.

Saugus is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
  #589
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 27,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
He should have gobbled up Kovy's shot, but that happens. The reason the Parise goal is also soft is that he needlessly opened up his 5-hole, which should be nonexistant due to the design of his pads.

There was no hole for Parise to put the puck through until Lundqvist made the curious decision to abandon his "technology". Mental mistake.

EDIT: And the first goal was definitely soft for a similar reason. Lundqvist 100% KNEW the shot was taken, and he's a butterfly goalie. Even if there were 1000 guys in front of him, there is no excuse for him to not be on the knees (like he is for 50% of the game) well-before Salvador's 45mph "rocket" arrives.
Yeah...On the first goal I blame him for not having his stick down and across the 5 hole. But still, look at that mass of humanity in front of him.

JimEIV is online now  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
  #590
Harrison Ford
Registered User
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
TG has a piece today saying the players appreciate DeBoer showing passion and dropping the Zen act to jaw with Tortorella:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...th_tortorella/

It's more meaningful precisely because it is so out of character for him to lose his cool, which is something Tortorella doesn't understand.
Great article. Because PDB is a young coach, I love this teams aura. It seems he is growing as a coach with these players, and by taking offense like that, it shows he truly cares about his players. This ain't just a business, its a family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils1119 View Post
Love how the poll on espn.com has 68% of people still thinking the Rangers will win the series...have they even watched a game? a period? Pathetic.
Underdogs FTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I think Zidlicky, as the QB, is key to the PP - think of how much better the PP got after the trade. And he's been off since the hit in the Flyers series.
Yeah his play this series is quite uninspiring, it seems like he is frustrated alot of the times. Defenseively he was horrible in game 3, but he really picked it up for game 4. The offense still isn't there, and sometimes hes just taking the wrong decisions with the puck. It will turn around for him.

Harrison Ford is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
  #591
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 27,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by severian View Post
most guys wish they had a girlfriend who would get on her knees half as often as lundqvist.
I disagree with the "most" part.

JimEIV is online now  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:28 PM
  #592
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party
 
Chessarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
most guys wish they had a girlfriend who would get on her knees half as often as lundqvist.
This is awesome

Chessarmy is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
  #593
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 9,085
vCash: 500
@drosennhl
Can't tell for sure, but it looks like Tortorella just kicked his team off the ice.

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
  #594
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
@drosennhl
Can't tell for sure, but it looks like Tortorella just kicked his team off the ice.
no way.

selyar is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
  #595
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Dave Lozo ‏@DaveLozo

Practice ends abruptly after about 15 minutes. #NYRNJD

cj225 is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
  #596
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 49,625
vCash: 461
Surprised Torts didn't just walk off the ice like he does with the media instead... lol

Ah I love it - the games are backfiring and he keeps playin' them.

This is his Trotz 2.0 move. Big gamble and backfire.

Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
  #597
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 9,085
vCash: 500
I unfollowed Dave Lozo. His tweets are too Ranger biased for my liking.

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
  #598
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
@drosennhl
Can't tell for sure, but it looks like Tortorella just kicked his team off the ice.
Oh my. I hope they quit on him.

Saugus is offline  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
  #599
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,778
vCash: 500
I really hope they're falling apart

kyle evs48 is online now  
Old
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
  #600
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
I unfollowed Dave Lozo. His tweets are too Ranger biased for my liking.
He cracks me up.

cj225 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.