HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF Game 4; Rangers(1) @ Devils(4)

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Yeah, that was a perfect "uhhh" moment right there.

I liked how Zubie tapped DeBo on the butt after he stopped yapping at Torts. lol
TG has a piece today saying the players appreciate DeBoer showing passion and dropping the Zen act to jaw with Tortorella:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...th_tortorella/

It's more meaningful precisely because it is so out of character for him to lose his cool, which is something Tortorella doesn't understand.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

vCash: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Which two? I only saw one....The first one went through him - that was kind of soft but the traffic in front was amazing.

Can't do anything about a Parise/Zajac 2 on 1.

I guess maybe you can say he should've controled the rebound better on the Kovalchuck shot that lead to the Parise goal but I don't know if I'd call that soft - initial save was made, its difficult to call a rebound bang in soft.
5 guys screening.

"Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception." - Carl Sagan
Old
05-22-2012, 01:57 PM
devils1119

Love how the poll on espn.com has 68% of people still thinking the Rangers will win the series...have they even watched a game? a period? Pathetic.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
5 guys screening.

Lundqvist not down on his pads?

Nice "can't see **** captain" moment there

Old
05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils1119 View Post
Love how the poll on espn.com has 68% of people still thinking the Rangers will win the series...have they even watched a game? a period? Pathetic.
be happy. believe me- you DO NOT want to be the 'favorite' in the playoffs, in any round..

Old
05-22-2012, 02:00 PM
CerebralGenesis

I think they wanted that third man high in the screen too, that's 6 plus a shoot blocker.

Not sure that's a great plan tho, chances of it getting through consistently is low

Old
05-22-2012, 02:04 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
My only concern is the PP. 1 for 6 with a 5 on 3 for minute and a half last night isn't good enough. They really need to wake up with the best of 2 out of 3.
I think Zidlicky, as the QB, is key to the PP - think of how much better the PP got after the trade. And he's been off since the hit in the Flyers series.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
be happy. believe me- you DO NOT want to be the 'favorite' in the playoffs, in any round..
I prefer being the underdog for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I think Zidlicky, as the QB, is key to the PP - think of how much better the PP got after the trade. And he's been off since the hit in the Flyers series.
Ya, Zidlicky is finally showing some of the issues that Wild fans warned us about. Hope he can turn it around soon.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:12 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Which two? I only saw one....The first one went through him - that was kind of soft but the traffic in front was amazing.

Can't do anything about a Parise/Zajac 2 on 1.

I guess maybe you can say he should've controled the rebound better on the Kovalchuck shot that lead to the Parise goal but I don't know if I'd call that soft -
initial save was made, its difficult to call a rebound bang in soft.
He should have gobbled up Kovy's shot, but that happens. The reason the Parise goal is also soft is that he needlessly opened up his 5-hole, which should be nonexistant due to the design of his pads.

There was no hole for Parise to put the puck through until Lundqvist made the curious decision to abandon his "technology". Mental mistake.

EDIT: And the first goal was definitely soft for a similar reason. Lundqvist 100% KNEW the shot was taken, and he's a butterfly goalie. Even if there were 1000 guys in front of him, there is no excuse for him to not be on the knees (like he is for 50% of the game) well-before Salvador's 45mph "rocket" arrives.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Flame Demers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
He should have gobbled up Kovy's shot, but that happens. The reason the Parise goal is also soft is that he needlessly opened up his 5-hole, which should be nonexistant due to the design of his pads.

There was no hole for Parise to put the puck through until Lundqvist made the curious decision to abandon his "technology". Mental mistake.

EDIT: And the first goal was definitely soft for a similar reason. Lundqvist 100% KNEW the shot was taken, and he's a butterfly goalie. Even if there were 1000 guys in front of him, there is no excuse for him to not be on the knees (like he is for 50% of the game) well-before the Salvador 45mph shot arrives.
parise tipped the initial shot,, hard to control a puck that changes direction 2 feet infront of you..

either way, great faceoff win, good shot by kovy, parise gets a tip, than buries it like a prom date

Old
05-22-2012, 02:19 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Demers View Post
parise tipped the initial shot,, hard to control a puck that changes direction 2 feet infront of you..

either way, great faceoff win, good shot by kovy, parise gets a tip, than buries it like a prom date
Like I said, the reason it was soft wasnt because he didnt control the rebound, it was because he inexplicably altered the proper position he had (which is a sign of the apocalypse given his entire strength as a player is in proper position and playing the proper angle) which created the goal for Parise.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
severian

Quote:

EDIT: And the first goal was definitely soft for a similar reason. Lundqvist 100% KNEW the shot was taken, and he's a butterfly goalie. Even if there were 1000 guys in front of him, there is no excuse for him to not be on the knees (like he is for 50% of the game) well-before Salvador's 45mph "rocket" arrives.
most guys wish they had a girlfriend who would get on her knees half as often as lundqvist.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Lundqvist had no reason to open his five hole there. Even if he was lunging with his glove to cover the puck, he didn't need to change the position of his legs to do so.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
JimEIV

Quote:

Yeah...On the first goal I blame him for not having his stick down and across the 5 hole. But still, look at that mass of humanity in front of him.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
TG has a piece today saying the players appreciate DeBoer showing passion and dropping the Zen act to jaw with Tortorella:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...th_tortorella/

It's more meaningful precisely because it is so out of character for him to lose his cool, which is something Tortorella doesn't understand.
Great article. Because PDB is a young coach, I love this teams aura. It seems he is growing as a coach with these players, and by taking offense like that, it shows he truly cares about his players. This ain't just a business, its a family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils1119 View Post
Underdogs FTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Yeah his play this series is quite uninspiring, it seems like he is frustrated alot of the times. Defenseively he was horrible in game 3, but he really picked it up for game 4. The offense still isn't there, and sometimes hes just taking the wrong decisions with the puck. It will turn around for him.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by severian View Post
most guys wish they had a girlfriend who would get on her knees half as often as lundqvist.
I disagree with the "most" part.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
This is awesome

Old
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

@drosennhl
Can't tell for sure, but it looks like Tortorella just kicked his team off the ice.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
@drosennhl
Can't tell for sure, but it looks like Tortorella just kicked his team off the ice.
no way.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Dave Lozo ‏@DaveLozo

Practice ends abruptly after about 15 minutes. #NYRNJD

Old
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

vCash: 461
Surprised Torts didn't just walk off the ice like he does with the media instead... lol

Ah I love it - the games are backfiring and he keeps playin' them.

This is his Trotz 2.0 move. Big gamble and backfire.

Old
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

I unfollowed Dave Lozo. His tweets are too Ranger biased for my liking.

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
@drosennhl
Oh my. I hope they quit on him.

Old
kyle evs48
No words needed

I really hope they're falling apart

Old
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
I unfollowed Dave Lozo. His tweets are too Ranger biased for my liking.
He cracks me up.

Closed Thread