HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niemi, Clowe, + 2nd to Tor..

Old
05-22-2012, 01:57 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
If mac and gunnar are more valuable than why trade them for a goalie you may not want anyway?

I consider Niemi of greater value to leafs than Gunnar and Clowe of greater value than Mac. To the leafs of course. They need a goalie and they want to get bigger. Seems like two things they'd value.
thsats my point I wouldn't put Gunnar in the deal I do want Clowe don't want Niemi

I'd try to work something around Clowe and Mac I don't think the rest is neccessary.

that said there was a deal in this thread posted that I'd be all over and thats the deal that say Nemi Clowe and SJ's 1st shipped to Toronto for Reimer, Mac and a 3rd . But that is mostly because of the 1st rounder I actually like Reimer and still think he has potenial just needs to learn for a couple years under a #1 goalie before he can become a #1 goalie.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Ville82

Lmao Clove>>>Mac and sj even adding Niemi for ****

Ville82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
I think there are plenty available. Not trying to force the deal btw, just saying there's a good mix. Perhaps not much elite talent, but good depth/complimentary pieces no?

http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php

Me posting the link has nothing to do with trading, just wondering why wouldn't that crop have some interesting pieces? Not the best, but can fill some holes.
You don't understand, we do not sign free agents of any significance, like ever. Seriously, name the last big name free agent the Sharks signed...

We don't offer top salary, we have a BRUTAL travel schedule, and we are not in a big hockey market. Luring free agents is an exercise in futility for us. We target 2nd and 3rd tier pieces on july 1st and leftovers for the next week. We trade for players we need.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:02 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
thsats my point I wouldn't put Gunnar in the deal I do want Clowe don't want Niemi

I'd try to work something around Clowe and Mac I don't think the rest is neccessary.

that said there was a deal in this thread posted that I'd be all over and thats the deal that say Nemi Clowe and SJ's 1st shipped to Toronto for Reimer, Mac and a 3rd . But that is mostly because of the 1st rounder I actually like Reimer and still think he has potenial just needs to learn for a couple years under a #1 goalie before he can become a #1 goalie.
No Sharks fan is going to do that deal. We don't need or want Reimer, we are not trading our 1st, and honestly Mac is not that valuable to me. For that deal I'd want a pretty big return, our 1st is 17th remember, its a decent 1st.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:05 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
No Sharks fan is going to do that deal. We don't need or want Reimer, we are not trading our 1st, and honestly Mac is not that valuable to me. For that deal I'd want a pretty big return, our 1st is 17th remember, its a decent 1st.
I wouldn't expect SJ to do that deal, that deal would be awful for them all I said was I'd be all over it.

In that deal we wouldn't give up a pick or prospect and we'd add the #17 pick to the #5 pick.

Ya no I don't expect them to do all I said was I'd be all over it

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:06 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
You don't understand, we do not sign free agents of any significance, like ever. Seriously, name the last big name free agent the Sharks signed...

We don't offer top salary, we have a BRUTAL travel schedule, and we are not in a big hockey market. Luring free agents is an exercise in futility for us. We target 2nd and 3rd tier pieces on july 1st and leftovers for the next week. We trade for players we need.
I merely answered him about UFA being for 'complimentary pieces'. I said, they are available.

I would play for SJS if I were a player. I'm not, so doesn't count for much.

Way i see it, if montreal can attract people with cold weather, high taxes, french-english debate and insane pressure, I figured SJS can manage some depth pieces. Maybe i'm missing something? I mean I doubt travel is enough to stop every potential UFA in playing in that market.

Fair enough though. Better to play it safe and get what you need rather than leave the door open for something that may not work out.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
clowe = $3.6 million
neimi = $3.8 million

macarthur = $3.25 million
gunnarson = $1.35 million

leafs cant afford to take on the additional cap hit. could something like armstrong ($3 million x 1 year) or lombardi ($3.5 x 1 year) be included?

regarding the post about kulemin, i cant see the leafs moving kulemin for clowe. clowe is going to be 30 years old and a ufa. its very likely that he would prefer to sign with a contending team. if clowe came with a contract extension at a reasonable price then i would consider it but i would want it to be clowe + considering kulemins age difference
The Leafs can't if you expect them to only do this deal in the off-season. I expect more than one trade from the Leafs. This trade puts them at the same 17 players signed but they need a 7th d-man, re-sign Kulemin and Franson, one more forward in the every day lineup then two extra roster spots. It also gives them the option to trade Reimer or Scrivens if they want. They have about 3 mil of cap space to work with if we assume that the cap stays the same but rumors have floated a 69 million number which gives them more than enough room to accommodate what they need.

Chances are that you guys will likely move Lombardi or Armstrong elsewhere and replace them with cheaper options. The Sharks, however, will not be that team because they simply don't take on cap dumps.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:32 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

I'd like to have Murray for replacing Gunnarsson if we trade Gunnarsson in a deal for Clowe.

MacArthur + Gunnarsson + Lombardi + McKegg for Clowe + Murray + Niemi + Ferriero.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
I'd like to have Murray if we trade Gunnarsson.

MacArthur + Gunnarsson + Lombardi + McKegg for Clowe + Murray + Niemi + Ferriero.
I don't have any desire to acquire Matthew Lombardi. I'd gladly do the trade without Lombardi in there and instead place the #35 pick in there while the Sharks add the #55.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I don't have any desire to acquire Matthew Lombardi. I'd gladly do the trade without Lombardi in there and instead place the #35 pick in there while the Sharks add the #55.
No we can't do this. I put McKegg to make up for Lombardi salary.

MacArthur + Gunnarsson for Clowe + Murray instead?

Old
05-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
I'd like to have Murray for replacing Gunnarsson if we trade Gunnarsson in a deal for Clowe.

Take Lombardi out and you got a deal.
Waive him or something.

eDIT: Actually, I just missed your post by a few seconds. Prolly won't work due to salary

Quote:

Sounds better actually.

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
No we can't do this. I put McKegg to make up for Lombardi salary.

I'd probably do that if there was no interest in the Leafs trading for Niemi. If there was, I'm sure there's a pick or a prospect that can make it worth adding.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:41 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
I'd probably do that if there was no interest in the Leafs trading for Niemi. If there was, I'm sure there's a pick or a prospect that can make it worth adding.
I'd do McKegg for Niemi.

So MacArthur + Gunnarsson + McKegg for Clowe + Murray + Niemi.

But we'll need to find a way to trade one of Komisarek, Lombardi, Connolly or Armstrong.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
I'd do McKegg for Niemi.

But we'll need to find a way to trade one of Komisarek, Lombardi, Connolly or Armstrong.
Doesn't he have a NMC/Modified NTC? Pretty hard to dump him on other teams with those clauses.

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Take out Murray+Gunnar and its a deal. Murray **** the bed apparently this year(1st page) and Gunnar does everything well consistently.

Mckegg, Macarthur for Clowe, Niemi

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:03 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
I think there are plenty available. Not trying to force the deal btw, just saying there's a good mix. Perhaps not much elite talent, but good depth/complimentary pieces no?

http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php

Me posting the link has nothing to do with trading, just wondering why wouldn't that crop have some interesting pieces? Not the best, but can fill some holes.
Doesn't matter how good the FAs are because nobody wants to sign here.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:11 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Doesn't he have a NMC/Modified NTC? Pretty hard to dump him on other teams with those clauses.
Yeah fair enough.

Old
05-22-2012, 03:12 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
Take out Murray+Gunnar and its a deal. Murray **** the bed apparently this year(1st page) and Gunnar does everything well consistently.

Mckegg, Macarthur for Clowe, Niemi
I don't think the Sharks would do this.

Old
05-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Arrch

Quote:
I don't think the Sharks would do this.
Nope.

We don't need to give up Niemi; we just can if we can get value for him. A mid-level project isn't worth it.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:21 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
Nope.

We don't need to give up Niemi; we just can if we can get value for him. A mid-level project isn't worth it.
Would you do that?

MacArthur + Gunnarsson + McKegg for Clowe + Murray + Niemi.

Last edited by QMJHLfollower: 05-22-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old
05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Would you do that?

I would probably do something like this. If you take out Murray and Gunnarsson, you're taking out the equalizer for the Sharks' end of it.

Old
05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
I would probably do something like this. If you take out Murray and Gunnarsson, you're taking out the equalizer for the Sharks' end of it.
Good. Personally I'd do this from the Leafs.

Old
05-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

It scares me how easily Sharks fans are willing to part with Niemi.

I smell another Toskala outcome.

Drew311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Would you do that?
I meant nope, we wouldn't do that.

Quote:
This I would do.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:30 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
My point was that San Jose can't sign impact free agents. July 1st is more about role players and complimentary pieces for us.

Clowe is the most valuable piece in that deal.
I think normally Clowe would be, however his age and contract status mean that Gunnarsson or Niemi are probably the most valuable pieces. I'd say Gunnarsson tbh.

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote