HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Good Info on Blackburn

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
Don't the Caps have Ouelette? And if so, is he in their plans for the future? I don't mean to nitpick, I'm simply curious.
I was just throwing out some potential possibilities. We aren't trading today. Washington has Oullete who may or may not work out. Chicago has noone. Cam Ward is anothr guy who may or may not make it. For Columbus I don't think Denis is the long term answer and who know about Leclaire? Most of these teams have one possibility and we have 3. There is a good chance any or all of these teams would be looking for a young goalie a couple years down the road.

Old
12-21-2004, 01:53 AM
Edge

I'm gonna laugh when we all look silly because Chris Holt is our goalie.

Old
12-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Fletch

I was thinking the same...

this past weekend when I came across his stats and remembered he was a Ranger. Have you heard much of him? He's 19, in his second year, and he's doing OK stats-wise. Big kid (6'3, 218) - maybe he wants to be converted to forward or defense!

Old
12-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Levitate

his team (nebrasak-omaha) was terrible last year and from all accounts he was the bright spot on the team

this year, from the little i've been keeping track, they started out well and have kind of faded, and his stats have started to take a beating cuz of it. but from what i've heard from people who've seen him, they think he's a good keeper on a bad team

he's a guy who might surprise down the road but probably doesn't have the top end potential of a guy like montoya

Old
12-21-2004, 10:41 AM
allrevvedup25

Do you think that if Holt was on Michigan and Montoya was on Nebraska-Omaha that Holt would be USA's #1 guy??

Old
12-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Fletch

Tough to say...

since Montoya is the goalie of Michigan, and was the goalie for the U.S. Team last season, and not somebody else.

Old
12-21-2004, 01:35 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
Teams who could use goaltending prospects are: Chicago, Toronto, Calgary, Tampa, Dallas, and to a lesser extent: Los Angeles, Minnesota, Colorado, Vancouver.

Those are the teams I could see being interested in one of our 3, with Toronto being the most interested, because after Belfour, they've got nothing as Tellqvist really showed his weaknesses this year at the world Cup
Dallas has been pumping goaltenders into this league for the last 5-6 years and just recently traded one because they're really fairly set at the position.

Calgary while set up well with Kipper has Krahn and to a much lesser extent Medvedev waiting in the wings (never been a fan of fatboy).

If the play of Alex Auld last year is any indication (despite some of his injury problems) the Canucks should be set in goal for a while.

Definitely though, I'd put Toronto and Tampa Bay (Grahame will only last so long) at the front of the list.

Closed Thread