HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 Latvia Roster Discussion (Released, post #1)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2012, 07:16 AM
  #351
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So which country wants Latvia to win the most over? What could really get the fans to cheer?? Russia?
Which country causes most shame to lose to (that is fairly equal on level?)
1. Russia and Sweden,both are not liked here so you could imagine how happy we were to win swedes in 2009
2.Belarus,Norway,Italy.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:19 AM
  #352
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Example of one of these very cool NT tournaments are Polesie CUP which Denmark won in 2011 (actually played late 2010).
http://eihcpolesie.stats.pointstreak...h=7&day=&year=
(In 2012 we lost to Russia2 in the final).

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:21 AM
  #353
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
1. Russia and Sweden,both are not liked here so you could imagine how happy we were to win swedes in 2009
2.Belarus,Norway,Italy.
For Denmark it is definitely Sweden.....to finally beat them would cause so much shame in Sweden that to protect themselves they had to convince everyone that Denmark no longer is secondrate

I think the shame just happened when losing to Italy, that I didn't even bother losing to Norway (so I think it must be Italy at the moment).

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:23 AM
  #354
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
For Denmark it is definitely Sweden.....to finally beat them would cause so much shame in Sweden that to protect themselves they had to convince everyone that Denmark no longer is secondrate

I think the shame just happened when losing to Italy, that I didn't even bother losing to Norway (so I think it must be Italy at the moment).
Wait dont you guys play in one group next year with sweden?

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:27 AM
  #355
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Actually just saw that Latvia is not a member of the Euro Ice Hockey Challenge (as Lithuania and Estonia are).
See the list here....that is very weird....what is Latvia doing????
http://eihc.eu/view/eihc/teams-21
It's great torunaments!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:29 AM
  #356
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Actually just saw that Latvia is not a member of the Euro Ice Hockey Challenge (as Lithuania and Estonia are).
See the list here....that is very weird....what is Latvia doing????
http://eihc.eu/view/eihc/teams-21
It's great torunaments!
If i remmember correctly we played this year in EIHC tournament before the wc if i remmember correctly we beat you guys twice.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:30 AM
  #357
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Wait dont you guys play in one group next year with sweden?
For WC 2013 both Denmark-Norway-Sweden (luckily no Italy, but Belarus and Slovenia like in the olympic qual.) Czech, Canada and Switzerland the rest!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:31 AM
  #358
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
For WC 2013 both Denmark-Norway-Sweden (luckily no Italy, but Belarus and Slovenia like in the olympic qual.) Czech, Canada and Switzerland the rest!
So you ll have a shot ar beating team in 2013! good luck and please beat the trolls too

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:31 AM
  #359
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
If i remmember correctly we played this this year in EIHC tournament before the wc if i remmember correctly we beat you guys twice.
Yeah i remember that as well ...but you are not listed as members??
Maybe its a mistake on the website, or you were just invited?!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:33 AM
  #360
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yeah i remember that as well ...but you are not listed as members??
Maybe its a mistake on the website, or you were just invited?!
Im not sure but i know we will play next year too

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:34 AM
  #361
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
So you llhave a shot ar beating team in 2013! good luck and please beat the trolls too
Thanks..we will do our best
You will get france twice in both olympic qual and wc 2013! So good luck there..and dont underestimate them....they beat Switzerland in WC (IMO a bigger surprise than slovakia against canada and italy against denmark, because switzerland had been fantastic in that tournament).

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:36 AM
  #362
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Thanks..we will do our best
You will get france twice in both olympic qual and wc 2013! So good luck there..and dont underestimate them....they beat Switzerland in WC (IMO a bigger surprise than slovakia against canada and italy against denmark, because switzerland had been fantastic in that tournament).
Yeah,i wonder what happend to the swiss.. they had good team chemistry several guys from NHL and a good strong core from NLA. its really a mystery.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:38 AM
  #363
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
By the way for your olympic qual....you know what french players to look out for??
They are beginning to produce some promising players and have some old solid veterans!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:39 AM
  #364
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
By the way for your olympic qual....you know what french players to look out for??
They are beginning to produce some promising players and have some old solid veterans!
Two words- Tim Bozon drafted in the 2nd round.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:41 AM
  #365
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
So if we look at wc 2013 groups Latvia is playing in-Russia,Austria,France,Germany,Finland,US,Russia, Slovakia -its not that bad- Austria is beatable,france might be bit harded but still weaker than us,Germany is beatable and this year proved it,Finland will probably be a close fight but we will lose,US-winnable with some huge,huge luck,Slovakia-we will proabably lose but who knows.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:48 AM
  #366
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
In SEL Pierre-Edouard Bellemere had a fantastic season
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=8339
Damien Fleury is solid (allsvenskan next year):
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24848
Charles Bertrand in SM-liiga improving:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=32965
Yorick Treille also solid in czech league:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10840

Kevin Hecquefeille (very important veteran defender playing in Switzerland):
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=17990

Stanley Cup winner in goal - Cristobal Huet:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=8702

IN NA:
Stephane da Costa
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=14394
Newly drafted Tim Bozon, son of NHL player Phillipe Bozon
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=48990

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:50 AM
  #367
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
So if we look at wc 2013 groups Latvia is playing in-Russia,Austria,France,Germany,Finland,US,Russia, Slovakia -its not that bad- Austria is beatable,france might be bit harded but still weaker than us,Germany is beatable and this year proved it,Finland will probably be a close fight but we will lose,US-winnable with some huge,huge luck,Slovakia-we will proabably lose but who knows.
USA could send a crap team.....so Finland, Russia are sure
So its between whatever USA comes with and Slovakia, Latvia and Germany, with France and Austria probably not strong enough for more than upsets!
Its certainly easier than Denmark's group!


Last edited by Justinov: 06-30-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:53 AM
  #368
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
In SEL Pierre-Edouard Bellemere had a fantastic season
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=8339
Damien Fleury is solid (allsvenskan next year):
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24848
Charles Bertrand in SM-liiga improving:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=32965
Yorick Treille also solid in czech league:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10840

Kevin Hecquefeille (very important veteran defender playing in Switzerland):
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=17990

Stanley Cup winner in goal - Cristobal Huet:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=8702

IN NA:
Stephane da Costa
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=14394
Newly drafted Tim Bozon, son of NHL player Phillipe Bozon
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=48990
But thats only few good players,they still lack depth and a lot of these guy are getting kind of old.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:55 AM
  #369
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
But thats only few good players,they still lack depth and a lot of these guy are getting kind of old.
Yep they lack depth...but so do we all
You can make upsets if you get one PP line working and then fight your bottoms off......the Norwegian way!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:55 AM
  #370
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
USA could send a crap team.....so Finland, Russia or sure
So its between whatever USA comes with and Slovakia, Latvia and Germany, with France and Austria probably not strong enough for more than upsets!
Its certainly easier than Denmark's group!
Yeah it certainly is,but you know everything is relative,i`m confident Latvia will send its best team in years to wc 2013 because its the last year before olympics and everyone will want to prove that they are worthy beeing on the olympic roster.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:56 AM
  #371
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yep they lack depth...but so do we all
You can make upsets if you get one PP line working and then fight your bottoms off......the Norwegian way!
Id say theyre problem is far worse than Latvias and Denmarks considering depth.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:03 AM
  #372
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Its say theyre problem is far worse than Latvias and Denmarks considering depth.
True.....but still good enough to beat Switzerland. Offcourse injuries of key players and they drop significantly in skill level. It's just that now they believe it can be done.....that always seem to raise the NT standard. No longer daunted or afriad.
Latvia's depth is still better than Denmark's....

Denmark probably have one of the most extreme gaps between best and worst on our NT: 6 in NHL; we had 2 in SEL and 3 in SM-liiga (but 2 were goalies), then 3 in Germany. Thats insane.....equal in NHL with all these other leagues (not counting the goalies). Norway had 1 in NHL but 15 in SEL alone!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:06 AM
  #373
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
True.....but still good enough to beat Switzerland. Offcourse injuries of key players and they drop significantly in skill level. It's just that now they believe it can be done.....that always seem to raise the NT standard. No longer daunted or afriad.
Latvia's depth is still better than Denmark's....

Denmark probably have one of the most extreme gaps between best and worst on our NT: 6 in NHL; we had 2 in SEL and 3 in SM-liiga (but 2 were goalies), then 3 in Germany. Thats insane.....equal in NHL with all these other leagues (not counting the goalies). Norway had 1 in NHL but 15 in SEL alone!
Yeah norway seems to really know how to use proximity to sweden to their best advantage.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:08 AM
  #374
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Yeah norway seems to really know how to use proximity to sweden to their best advantage.
Well no difference between Norway and Denmark. Its just that all our former SEL players now play in NHL, while the rest playes in allsvanskan!
The norwegians dont play in NHL but stayed in SEL...so they are much better at tournaments without players based in NA.

Denmark had 12 in allsvenskan, where Norway had 5 last year!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:11 AM
  #375
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well no difference between Norway and Denmark. Its just that all our former SEL players now play in NHL, while the rest playes in allsvanskan!
The norwegians dont play in NHL but stayed in SEL...so they are much better at tournaments without players based in NA.

Denmark had 12 in allsvenskan, where Norway had 5 last year!
So maybe getting NHL players hasnt helped danish hockey all that much,huh?

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.