HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Latvia Roster Discussion (Released, post #1)

Old
06-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
So maybe getting NHL players hasnt helped danish hockey all that much,huh?
Well definitely no based in this WC, and it could hurt us in olympic qual...
We might get 8 NHL players this season....and not qualify for olympics!
Norway will play olympics with 0 NHL players (Zuccarello moves to KHL, so thats makes 3 norwegians there).

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:16 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well definitely no based in this WC, and it could hurt us in olympic qual...
We might get 8 NHL players this season....and not qualify for olympics!
Norway will play olympics with 0 NHL players (Zuccarello moves to KHL, so thats makes 3 norwegians there).
That would be just stupid,honestly speaking.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Justinov

Quote:
That would be just stupid,honestly speaking.
Yeah it would be crazy. It would probably be something for the record books

Old
06-30-2012, 08:20 AM
BalticWarrior

So Justinov i have a question for you,how come youre not into club hockey? and why isnt danish league shown on tv and beeing popularized?
I for one LOVE club hockey,the rivalries Dinamo Riga has made with several KHL clubs like SKA and Dynamo Moscow are one of the kind(especially SKA,god we hate those guys,knocking them out in PO`s was just the best,we still rub it SKA fans faces )
So yeah basically question is why club hockey gets no atention in denmark?

Old
06-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Justinov

Quote:
So Justinov i have a question for you,how come youre not into club hockey? and why isnt danish league shown on tv and beeing popularized?
I for one LOVE club hockey,the rivalries Dinamo Riga has made with several KHL clubs like SKA and Dynamo Moscow are one of the kind(especially SKA,god we hate those guys,knocking them out in PO`s was just the best,we still rub it SKA fans faces )
So yeah basically question is why club hockey gets no atention in denmark?
Firstly about clubs......since all the press now is on the NT, it's basically only people living on one of the small provincial towns in Jutland, or people with family ties to the copenhagen sururb clubs that are into club-hockey.
If i lived in Herning or Vojens (Sønderjyske club) I probably would be more of a club man. Problem with Gentofte (my home club) is that it has been an amateur club for a long time, so not really interesting (the danish division II amateur league). The other Copehagen sub urbs clubs are quite far from where i live.
I played land hockey in Gentofte though......(if it counts for a little)!

Danish league was shown a bit before the NT became any good (80'+90s), but then rights were bought by private television companies that nobody can see unless you are a die-hard fan that wants to pay for it. Hard to be a fan of something you never see playing in towns you never visit

Old
06-30-2012, 08:32 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Firstly about clubs......since all the press now is on the NT, it's basically only people living on one of the small provincial towns in Jutland, or people with family ties to the copenhagen sururb clubs that are into club-hockey.
If i lived in Herning or Vojens (Sønderjyske club) I probably would be more of a club man. Problem with Gentofte (my home club) is that it has been an amateur club for a long time, so not really interesting (the danish division II amateur league). The other Copehagen sub urbs clubs are quite far from where i live.
I played land hockey in Gentofte though......(if it counts for a little)!

Danish league was shown a bit before the NT became any good (80'+90s), but then rights were bought by private television companies that nobody can see unless you are a die-hard fan that wants to pay for it. Hard to be a fan of something you never see playing in towns you never visit
But maybe you get into rivalries of SEL if you gave it a chance? i mean i know its not from your country but youve got guys playing in SEL so thats something,right?
Btw this is the game Dinamo riga-SKA(last play-off game) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G16NPyVJTYQ

Old
06-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Justinov

Quote:
But maybe you get into rivalries of SEL if you gave it a chance? i mean i know its not from your country but youve got guys playing in SEL so thats something,right?
Btw this is the game Dinamo riga-SKA(last play-off game) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G16NPyVJTYQ
Well as Danish I offcourse like when the teams from Skåne (Scania, former eastern Denmark) beats especially Stockholm teams. So offcourse you always hope Malmø and Røgle does well. But it's mostly because of the danish players in these clubs. So you also cheer for Leksand and Frølunda (Gothenburg) because they have danish players!

Any KHL club getting danish players would get my immidiate attention, like the NHL clubs with danish players! Because of Frans Nielsen i like Islanders....but when they dont have Frans Nielsen....whats left to like?
So Dinamo Riga....get danish fans by getting Nichlas Hardt

Old
06-30-2012, 08:43 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Well as Danish I offcourse like when the teams from Skåne (Scania, former eastern Denmark) beats especially Stockholm teams. So offcourse you always hope Malmø and Røgle does well. But it's mostly because of the danish players in these clubs. So you also cheer for Leksand and Frølunda (Gothenburg) because they have danish players!

Any KHL club getting danish players would get my immidiate attention, like the NHL clubs with danish players! Because of Frans Nielsen i like Islanders....but when they dont have Frans Nielsen....whats left to like?
So Dinamo Riga....get danish fans by getting Nichlas Hardt
I would certainly be happy but the video i gave you really shows the atmosphere and intensity thats going on in the khl play-offs id say Dinamo riga can match any NHL team atmosphere and overall feeling of play-offs
And the Islanders to be honest even if they had latvian players id still think they suck(and they do)

Old
06-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Justinov

The shouting are certainly higher when Riga scores than when CSKA scores lol
I think that if Malmø-Copenhagen might get a big cross danish-scanian team going that could play in SEL it could be like i heard on this clip. Problem is that Malmø club would have to move the main arena of Copenhagen over the water....
Danish people dont want to pay moving over the bridge to see hockey, and no scanian would lose their team from Malmø as I see it!

Denmark really need a big Copenhagen hockey arena (like FC Copenhagen in Football or AG Copenhagen in handball) that can draw big money and big crowds. That will only happen if you get the Malmø fans to start with......you have to have some legitimicy to even play in the SEL........

Old
06-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Justinov

Quote:
I would certainly be happy but the video i gave you really shows the atmosphere and intensity thats going on in the khl play-offs id say Dinamo riga can match any NHL team atmosphere and overall feeling of play-offs
And the Islanders to be honest even if they had latvian players id still think they suck(and they do)
Yeah well it's more fun to be a fan of an underdog team. It's so conformist to cheer for an always winning team

Old
06-30-2012, 08:49 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
The shouting are certainly higher when Riga scores than when CSKA scores lol
I think that if Malmø-Copenhagen might get a big cross danish-scanian team going that could play in SEL it could be like i heard on this clip. Problem is that Malmø club would have to move the main arena to Copenhagen over the water....
Danish people dont want to pay moving over the bridge to see hockey, and no scanian would lose their team from Malmø as I see it!
Well yeah its on home turf so obviously and to correct you its not CSKA its SKA,CSKA is from moscow,SKA is from st.petersburg.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:50 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Yeah well it's more fun to be a fan of an underdog team. It's so conformist to cheer for an always winning team
To be honest i dont want to see any latvians in the follwing teams in NHL
Islanders,Leafs,Habs.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Well yeah its on home turf so obviously and to correct you its not CSKA its SKA,CSKA is from moscow,SKA is from st.petersburg.
ahhh ok....but both army clubs to start with.....they are just called CSKA and SKA to know who is who??

Old
06-30-2012, 08:53 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
ahhh ok....but both army clubs to start with.....they are just called CSKA and SKA to know who is who??
Yes,bascially,but seriously we hate SKA

Old
06-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Justinov

Quote:
To be honest i dont want to see any latvians in the follwing teams in NHL
Islanders,Leafs,Habs.
Well you can be a "star" on a crap team or a periphial player on a good. I would rather see Frans Nielsen being praised in Islanders, than doing nothing in better clubs! Fans from Islanders are also more humble that for instance Vancouver fans, since when a club is crap all the haugthy people are gone.....they will come back when the team becomes better though!

Old
06-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Yes,bascially,but seriously we hate SKA
So whats special with SKA.....closest KHL club in Russia??

Old
06-30-2012, 08:55 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Well you can be a "star" on a crap team or a periphial player on a good. I would rather see Frans Nielsen being praised in Islanders, than doing nothing in better clubs! Fans from Islanders are also more humble that for instance Vancouver fans, since when a club is crap all the haugthy people are gone.....they will come back when the team becomes better though!
But to be honest Leafs fans have always been *******s,same with Habs fans.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:57 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
So whats special with SKA.....closest KHL club in Russia??
Theyre the biggest "money bags" they always start the season by bragging how awesome their roster is and how cup is basically theirs and when the play offs come they always fail,also their fans are really ignorant and obnoxious.
So yeah it was cool when we knocked `em out

Old
06-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Justinov

Quote:
But to be honest Leafs fans have always been *******s,same with Habs fans.
Maybe Canadian fans are generally more passionate and thereby lost all kind of objectivity?
Since hockey is very secondary in USA to other sports, when you are an american hockey fan you are more like realistic especially when you team sucks for decades??

Old
06-30-2012, 09:00 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Maybe Canadian fans are generally more passionate and thereby lost all kind of objectivity?
Since hockey is very secondary in USA to other sports, when you are an american hockey fan you are more like realistic especially when you team sucks for decades??
Well maybe,but im sure theres plenty of american hockey fans who act like *******.
Just thought of an example-Rangers fans are pretty obnxious.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Well maybe,but im sure theres plenty of american hockey fans who act like *******.
Just thought of an example-Rangers fans are pretty obnxious.
Maybe New Yorkers are split between Islanders and Rangers fans based on personality?

Old
06-30-2012, 09:10 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Maybe New Yorkers are split between Islanders and Rangers fans based on personality?
Could be really liked how ottawa played against them in this play-offs too bad they lost.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:12 AM
BalticWarrior

But rivalries are important for hockey proabably moreso for clubs than for NT`s but still,its what generates interest and money.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Could be really liked how ottawa played against them in this play-offs too bad they lost.
It's funny that some club fans feel superior to other fans...even when their teams havent won anything in ages...
Maybe it's like the area they live in......if they are bourgois feeling superior to working class or vice versa or some other thing?

Old
06-30-2012, 09:16 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
It's funny that some club fans feel superior to other fans...even when their teams havent won anything in ages...
Maybe it's like the area they live in......if they are bourgois feeling superior to working class or vice versa or some other thing?
This is spot on its like that for SKA and the same for torront they somehow feel superior when they havent done jack.Really discusting when in Ottawas home games Alfredsson and Spezza were booed by stupid leafs fans,it looks like SKA fans are doing something similiar to Dinamo riga games.