HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Marian Gaborik - ByE HiM OOUtT!

Old
05-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Normally in the game of hockey when you have the amount of shots we have been getting with no goals the issue is we don't have players grinding in front of the net, or setting screens.

I think this i a bigger issue then Gaborik, he needs someone to screen brodeur for him, and neither hagelin nor Richards are that type of player. Maybe try a guy like Callahan or Dubinsky, they would happily park there ass in front, and I'd be happy to keep them from controlling the puck in the offensive zone.
With all due respect, Dubinsky hasn't spent 5 minutes in front of the net the entire season.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
St. Louis went home tho, we didn't, who is the winner in that situation? The team who is eliminated or the team who still has a chance? Oh ok.

Elite 2 way player?? You have a man crush for Bergeron bro it's scary. You actually think we would be better with Bergeron instead of Gaborik, wow.

And i know that, i'm one who doesn't look at stats too much especially in the playoffs. And Bergeron isn't better than Callahan. Go root for the Bruins.
We all love Cally but there is no way he's a better all around player than Bergeron! We would definitely be better off with Bergeron than Gaborik any day of the week!

Old
05-23-2012, 12:19 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
If that happens I'll eat a whole buffett of crow
I'll GLADLY join you for that as well if it happens. I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.......

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
EEDAWGZ

Let's go Gabs , do it for your fallen comrades

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:23 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
He'll still be a player with multiple 40 goal seasons under his belt and numbers that approach Hall of Fame levels?
Great......he'll be a "Stat guy". These guys amass all their numbers in the course of the regular season but NEVER DO ANYTHING in the Playoffs. Can you say Mark Texeira?

Old
05-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
Great......he'll be a "Stat guy". These guys amass all their numbers in the course of the regular season but NEVER DO ANYTHING in the Playoffs. Can you say Mark Texeira?
Yowzer. Everybody say hello to Maryanne "the regular season compiler" Gaborik!

Old
05-23-2012, 12:26 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
We all love Cally but there is no way he's a better all around player than Bergeron! We would definitely be better off with Bergeron than Gaborik any day of the week!
As much as I love Cally.....Bergeron is the better all-around player, without a doubt

As far as us better with Bergeron than Gaborik.....perhaps. He would definitely fit into our system better, that's for sure

Old
05-23-2012, 12:28 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Yowzer. Everybody say hello to Maryanne "the regular season compiler" Gaborik!
yup....because we all know, during the regular season you have more "time and space". Not so much in the playoffs.....hence why he dissapears

Old
05-23-2012, 12:30 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Is this serious? A team that is excellent defensively and desperately needs more offense would be better off with a two way center instead of a 40 goal winger? When I watch this team I don't ever find myself thinking "if only we had less scoring and more two-way play."

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Is this serious? A team that is excellent defensively and desperately needs more offense would be better off with a two way center instead of a 40 goal winger? When I watch this team I don't ever find myself thinking "if only we had less scoring and more two-way play."
You're leaving out the fact that Bergeron produces between 55 and 70 points every year, 20+ goals, is a tremendous defensive player and is one of the best faceoff guys in the league. I just think going forward that we'd be better off with Bergeron because his style of play is better suited to playofff success(he was great in last year's cup run). I'm also saying that he's hands down a better all around player than Cally or Gabby; he would be a great fit for our team but he isn't getting traded here and so it's a moot point.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
yup....because we all know, during the regular season you have more "time and space". Not so much in the playoffs.....hence why he dissapears
That, my friend, is the biggest issue why a player like Gaborik struggles to produce in the playoffs. There are no shortcuts for him here other than to get his hands dirty to get to the prime scoring areas and do it quickly because time is running out.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:58 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Sorry, your thread title is grotesque in it's construction. Seriously, it's a crime scene.

aka you lose all credibility...

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:01 PM
In The Flesh

I've never been a fan of Gaborik. I didn't like the signing from the start.

He's a top offensive talent, but he's not a lean-on type best player.

I'm for trading him, but I would've said this at any time since he's been here.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:06 PM
haveandare

Quote:
You're leaving out the fact that Bergeron produces between 55 and 70 points every year, 20+ goals, is a tremendous defensive player and is one of the best faceoff guys in the league. I just think going forward that we'd be better off with Bergeron because his style of play is better suited to playofff success(he was great in last year's cup run). I'm also saying that he's hands down a better all around player than Cally or Gabby; he would be a great fit for our team but he isn't getting traded here and so it's a moot point.
I'd agree that he's a better player way before I'd agree that he's a better fit for this team. Those 20 goals are going to have to replace Gabby's 40 and who would Bergeron pass to on NYR to get all those assists? NYR has a lot of guys who are capable of 20 goals and a lot of guys who are solid defensive players. They need people who can put the puck in the net and play to their system. Gabby isn't perfect but 100+ goals in 3 seasons isn't bad. If this postseason has shown anything it's that this team is already capable of playing fantastic team defense and that they need another guy who can score goals and play Ranger hockey.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:09 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post

I am ALL FOR TRADING Gaborik. But what people need to realize is that we're not advocating getting rid of Gaborik for another Grinder, Checker, Betts, etc.

Merely.....swapping out Gaborik and his 7.5 Million for another player who will not only score in the regular season, but has a MUCH BETTER chance to score and contribute to this Team come Playoff time, mores than Gaborik EVER WILL.

If we get rid of Gaborik, we would obviously fill that void with a different "Scorer". Not just get rid of him for the sake of

Old
05-23-2012, 01:14 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
With all due respect, Dubinsky hasn't spent 5 minutes in front of the net the entire season.
Correct, but he should be. I think putting him on a line with Gaborik will eliminate the need for him to carry the puck as much as he likes to and instead play a grinding hard nose game in-front.

Would actually be the case should this pairing happen, I don't know. But what the hell, we have tried every other possible combo why not give dubi a shot with Richards and Gaborik

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:15 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Correct, but he should be. I think putting him on a line with Gaborik will eliminate the need for him to carry the puck as much as he likes to and instead play a grinding hard nose game in-front.

Would actually be the case should this pairing happen, I don't know. But what the hell, we have tried every other possible combo why not give dubi a shot with Richards and Gaborik
i like this.....

Old
05-23-2012, 01:43 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
I am ALL FOR TRADING Gaborik. But what people need to realize is that we're not advocating getting rid of Gaborik for another Grinder, Checker, Betts, etc.

Merely.....swapping out Gaborik and his 7.5 Million for another player who will not only score in the regular season, but has a MUCH BETTER chance to score and contribute to this Team come Playoff time, mores than Gaborik EVER WILL.

If we get rid of Gaborik, we would obviously fill that void with a different "Scorer". Not just get rid of him for the sake of
And who will give up a scorer that is good in the playoffs for a scorer that is mediocre in the playoffs?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:09 PM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
And who will give up a scorer that is good in the playoffs for a scorer that is mediocre in the playoffs?
Doesn't have to be straight up.....you could send Gabby to a team that could use a "sniper" like him for "other assets"

Take that 7.5 and go out and sig Parise, trade for a Ryan or Nash (packaging some of our assets on our young D). Kepping McD, Girardi, and Staal intact.....making Del Zaster available.

It's not likely on a str8 up deal.....but for example, when the Kings were shopping Dustin Brown at the deadline during a time when they couldn't buy a goal to save ther lives, they might of done a Brown for Gaborik deal straight up. Then use the $$$ in the off-season and sign ZP. Of course....I'm sure the majority of the fanbase wouldn't of been insensed at this thought, trading our "40 goal scorer" in the middleof a great season. But I'd rather have Dustin Brown anyday, allday.....and certainly instead of Gabby. A Bigger, Strnoger, Faster, and more Skilled version of Callahan? Brown has 16 Points in 14 PLAYOFF games. Who wouldn't want that? All I'm saying is we need to be shrewd about this. Sure Gabby is our best sniper at this point. But sometimes you have to make changes with your big names to improve your team. I had no confidence tht Gaborik would score come Playoff time. Even when he had his excellent regular season.....I kept saying that he needs to do it when it counts. Sure enough.....other than the 3 OT goal, he hasn't done much...

Old
05-23-2012, 02:15 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Doesn't have to be straight up.....you could send Gabby to a team that could use a "sniper" like him for "other assets"

Take that 7.5 and go out and sig Parise, trade for a Ryan or Nash (packaging some of our assets on our young D). Kepping McD, Girardi, and Staal intact.....making Del Zaster available.

It's not likely on a str8 up deal.....but for example, when the Kings were shopping Dustin Brown at the deadline during a time when they couldn't buy a goal to save ther lives, they might of done a Brown for Gaborik deal straight up. Then use the $$$ in the off-season and sign ZP. Of course....I'm sure the majority of the fanbase wouldn't of been insensed at this thought, trading our "40 goal scorer" in the middleof a great season. But I'd rather have Dustin Brown anyday, allday.....and certainly instead of Gabby. A Bigger, Strnoger, Faster, and more Skilled version of Callahan? Brown has 16 Points in 14 PLAYOFF games. Who wouldn't want that? All I'm saying is we need to be shrewd about this. Sure Gabby is our best sniper at this point. But sometimes you have to make changes with your big names to improve your team. I had no confidence tht Gaborik would score come Playoff time. Even when he had his excellent regular season.....I kept saying that he needs to do it when it counts. Sure enough.....other than the 3 OT goal, he hasn't done much...
I'm keeping our best scorer and best offensive defenseman. I'm looking for other routes to improve this team.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I sure hope so just so I don't have to read this bs bashing of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
That would be wonderful.

Going into these last three games there are so many guys that need to step up big, but Gabby probably the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
And when he doesn't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
It's not a regular season game against Toronto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
That's why he was brought to this team. Make a difference, Marian!!!
Quote:
Gaborik a hat trick? In the playoffs?? I didn't know we were playing the Oilers or Maple Leafs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
If that happens I'll eat a whole buffett of crow
I'm marinating the crow as we speak.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Pizza

If you get the chance to serve it Bob, I'll happily eat it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
If you get the chance to serve it Bob, I'll happily eat it.
There is nothing I love more than eating crow when it consists of doubts against my own team.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:56 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

That settles it then. Nevermind that the Kings are a stacked team with tons of skill and size, two things that the Rangers don't have anywhere near enough of. Nevermind that Brown plays with ideal linemates and neither Callahan or Gaborik do. Nevermind, also, that the Kings DESPERATELY tried to get Gaborik, just as the Rangers did. They were after him for years. But they must be idiots, too, huh?

**** the regular season, right? I mean, the Kings very nearly missed the playoffs all together because of that meaningless regular season, but **** that ****. You have to do it when it counts!

Oh, and Callahan is a better player than Brown all day, every day, as you said. What minor edge Brown MIGHT have over Callahan offensively is dwarfed by the advantage Callahan brings over Brown defensively. About the only tangible thing Brown has over Callahan is durability. Callahan is a better all-around player in nearly every regard.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:03 PM
PromNite
Dragon Ninja

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post

To win in the NHL, it takes all kinds of different players. A team full of Callahans is not going to win a Stanley Cup. Just as a team full of Pavel Bures is not going to win one either.

Gaborik is needed on an offensively challenged team like the Rangers.

PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote