HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL (Part XXXVI): Playoffs!

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Eh, we would love him if he was on our team.
You might...

Old
05-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
There is a great chance that we'll be rooting the hell out of LA next week........
yeah, true. Even if the Rangers get passed the Devils. Not too confident we can beat the Kings.

Hank would have to steal the series for us to if we are going to win. Rangers are just too inconsistent with their forwards.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:53 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Story I always point to when people talk about touching these trophies is that Matteau actually touched the Prince of Wales trophy before taking the ice for the 2nd OT.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
You might...

Old
05-22-2012, 11:54 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
There is a great chance that we'll be rooting the hell out of LA next week........
Aren't you the dude who was supposed to eat his pubes when we beat Ottawa? Has that happened yet? Should we raise the stakes if the Rangers win the ECF, and then the Cup?

Old
05-22-2012, 11:55 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
yeah, true. Even if the Rangers get passed the Devils. Not too confident we can beat the Kings.

Hank would have to steal the series for us to if we are going to win. Rangers are just too inconsistent with their forwards.
Yet another fan handing the kings the cup because they raced through the west. Forget why they were able to race through the west and who they played.

Old
BlessThisMess513

JR and Milbury argument incoming!

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Aren't you the dude who was supposed to eat his pubes when we beat Ottawa? Has that happened yet? Should we raise the stakes if the Rangers win the ECF, and then the Cup?
To be fair, Ottawa and LA are two completely different monsters, playing for much higher stakes.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

Agreed. They are similar to the Flyers, but they have a Lundqvist clone at their end. Scary stuff.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Story I always point to when people talk about touching these trophies is that Matteau actually touched the Prince of Wales trophy before taking the ice for the 2nd OT.
Possibly the ultimate reverse jinx in sports history.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:57 PM
ColonialsHockey10

A few things:

1. **** LA, they didn't deserve that one at all.

2. You'd be hard-pressed to find me a luckier piece of **** then Jeff Carter. ******* glides out there and gets to play with some great teammates so he gets a free pass. Lol at the people who actually wanted this clown, guys a spoiled lucky brat.

3. Can't get over how vintage Roszival that was. Yeah the hit was a bit dirty, but the idiot straddled the blueline. Completely takes the wind of his team's sails and they lose moments later while he's crying in the locker room. How many times when he was a Ranger did our team catch the injury bug with break/tears/concussions and Roszival would just miss a game due to an "undisclosed injury" and be back for the next, as if to rub salt in the wound. He's a solid player, just a total weirdo.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:57 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
To be fair, Ottawa and LA are two completely different monsters, playing for much higher stakes.
What I'm saying is that if the ingestion of pubes was on the line against Ottawa, we have to conjure up something bigger for beating NJ and/or LA.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:58 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
JR and Milbury argument incoming!
I agree with Milbury (And i dont sat that often). The whistle went. They were deep inside the line. If you watch closely Kopitar pulls up a little. Brown did not try to avoid him at all. JR is wrong he had time to make an attempt to not hit him so hard. Brown finished his check. A little upset they didnt notice the headshot.

Old
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Agreed. They are similar to the Flyers, but they have a Lundqvist clone at their end. Scary stuff.
If they're a clone of the Flyers that means they suck.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Yet another fan handing the kings the cup because they raced through the west. Forget why they were able to race through the west and who they played.
Yeah, they faced the #1, #2, and #3 seeds, and beat them all handedly.

As opposed to the Rangers who have struggled against the 8th, 7th, and 6th seeds.

I said in my post we have a chance. But if you don't think LA is the favorite in that series, I don't know what to tell you.

On top of this, Rangers have yet to win the series they are currently in.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:59 PM
corduroyg

teams dont just cruise to the stanley cup. the kings have cruised this far, theyre in for a helluva series no matter who they play. lets see how they respond to some adversity, lose game 1 at msg and we'll see what theyre made of in game 2.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:00 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
A few things:

1. **** LA, they didn't deserve that one at all.

2. You'd be hard-pressed to find me a luckier piece of **** then Jeff Carter. ******* glides out there and gets to play with some great teammates so he gets a free pass. Lol at the people who actually wanted this clown, guys a spoiled lucky brat.

3. Can't get over how vintage Roszival that was. Yeah the hit was a bit dirty, but the idiot straddled the blueline. Completely takes the wind of his team's sails and they lose moments later while he's crying in the locker room. How many times when he was a Ranger did our team catch the injury bug with break/tears/concussions and Roszival would just miss a game due to an "undisclosed injury" and be back for the next, as if to rub salt in the wound. He's a solid player, just a total weirdo.
Wait, wait, wait. Youre trying to tell us that was practically Rosi's fault? Are you out of your mind? Its his fault for giving up on the play slowing up because he heard the whistle? Ive heard it all

Old
05-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Nah, Flyers is a bad comparison.

Kings are a solid defensive team and they don't quite have the puck possession ability of the flyers.

They are more like a much more skilled Debbies team, with a better D and goaltender.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:02 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Wait, wait, wait. Youre trying to tell us that was practically Rosi's fault? Are you out of your mind? Its his fault for giving up on the play slowing up because he heard the whistle? Ive heard it all
Sorry if I made it out like it's his fault, that's not what I was saying, obviously it's not his fault lol.

Dude's just a total buzzkill in all aspects. Like I said it's a salt in the wound thing. They lose, and now they have to deal with Rozy in the lockerroom with a torn ACL. Just vintage.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:04 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

There is no such things as a jinx.

There's only play like you want it.

They SHOULD talk about the Cup. They should eat, sleep, ****, dream...the Cup.

This is it.

This is the chance they've dedicated their lives to reach. They're two ****ing wins away from playing in the Stanley Cup Finals. They busted their as all year.

Time to play harder than they've ever played before.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Blueshirt Believer

With all this said and done, I REALLY like Mike Smith. I hope we wins a Vezina some day.

Old
corduroyg

Quote:
Yeah, they faced the #1, #2, and #3 seeds, and beat them all handedly.

As opposed to the Rangers who have struggled against the 8th, 7th, and 6th seeds.

I said in my post we have a chance. But if you don't think LA is the favorite in that series, I don't know what to tell you.

On top of this, Rangers have yet to win the series they are currently in.

but the west was weak. beating vancouver was impressive, but remember 1 of the sedin brothers missed the first 3 games. st louis? please, when was the last time they won a playoff series before this year. phoenix? the ultimate "just happy to be here" team.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
teams dont just cruise to the stanley cup. the kings have cruised this far, theyre in for a helluva series no matter who they play. lets see how they respond to some adversity, lose game 1 at msg and we'll see what theyre made of in game 2.
Easy LA wins game two, loses game three, wins game four, loses game five, wins game six, loses game seven.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:07 AM
corduroyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Easy LA wins game two, loses game three, wins game four, loses game five, wins game six, loses game seven.

that pattern sounds a little familiar.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:08 AM
BlessThisMess513

Sutter sounds like Sylvester Stalone in Rocky Balboa(6).

Closed Thread