HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets 2012-2013 lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2012, 02:43 PM
  #26
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,619
vCash: 500
What I want them to be:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmistrov-Byfuglien
Machacek-Antropov-Wellwood
Glass-Slater-Thorburn

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hainsey-Clitsome
Stuart-Postma/Kulda


More realistic with re-signings and little to no roster moves:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmistrov-Antropov
Machacek-Cormier-Wellwood
Glass-Slater-Thorburn

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Hainsey-Bogosian
Stuart-Clitsome

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:54 PM
  #27
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 500
The part I find interesting in thinking about next yrs roster, is seeing what is done within the salary cap budget TNSE has set for themselves.

Let's assume a mid-cap team will spend $55-57 mill - on 23 players. If they want a somewhat balanced allocation of funds between G, Fwds and Dmen - can we assume they intend to spend $5 mill on G's (2), $20 mill on D's (7) and $30-32 mill on F's (14)?

If that logic continues - let's allocate about $4 mill to the starting goalie and about $1 for his back-up. Pavy and back-up will likely be around these numbers - good so far.

On D. $20 mill likely means 2 guys in the >$5 mill range, 2 guys in the $3-$4 mill range and 3 guys $1.5 mill and less. Can save some money maybe on bottom 3, but considering Stuart, Clitsome and Jones make over $1 mill - likely not much savings there. Toby won't make $5+ for another year, but bogo could make more than $4 if he continues to improve.

At forward, say the top 6 averages just over $4 mill each, then the bottom 6 or 8 would avg just over $1 mill. Considering Ladd, Antro, Kane (new contract), Wheeler (in a year) will all be over $4 mill, the salary room for improvement is really 1 player at around $4 mill. Though Antro could be moved for picks to free up a $4 mill 'spot'. The bottom 8 really becomes young prospects and inexpensive vets as we have now. The Thorbs, Cormiers, Slaters or Glasses, (if signed to a similar deal as they have). Not much room for FAs.

Leaves 2 holes at fwd to fill at approx $4 mill - assuming antro is moved. So, at RW, hornqvist cap hit is just over $3 mill, stafford is at $4 mill, david Jones will likely want $3 mill. Anything over $3 mill gets a bit dicey.

Expect few moves or lower salary signings. Need the antro and haisney contracts to reach the cap floor, but true improvement will likely be when they leave as FA or via trade.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
  #28
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,147
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggyjets View Post
yea this year is very low on the talent level on free agency... i was using parise as an example.. the jets have made it clear we wont be going after any top contract guys... nash , parise, crosby , etc etc etc the jets keep saying build from within and through the draft.. if you read between the lines that says to me that we shouldnt be holding our breath for a contender anytime soon.. i will go to all my games and watch the rest of them every year.. i understand the deal... but it still sucks to know we will miss out on the excitment of grabbing amazing players because of their high price... everyone knows we wont get parise.. the people that are still in the honeymoon would blame that on him not wanting to play here. or wanting to stay in jersey.. but the realist fans.. whow ant whats best for the jets but still wont suercoat things.. they know its because the jets wouldnt pay for a superstar like that..
So it's only the "realist" fans who understand that the only reason why Parise is not coming to Winnipeg is because Winnipeg won't be offering the most money?

You seriously believe that? Or are you just trying to find a way to put a dig on TNSE?

Parise is going to get offers from many, many teams. It will be bigger than the Brad Richards scenario where we got to watch TSN broadcast from outside the office where his agent was and tell us which teams were meeting with them.

In simple terms, Winnipeg could show up and offer the maximum allowed under the cap for long term, and I would bet that not only are there other teams that offer that or close to it, I would bet that some of the other teams are in a better position to win and would be more interesting to Parise.

The Jets know that Parise is going to get maximum dollars. They have to decide if we have the rest of the pieces in place that allow that to make sense. I.E. If the Jets landed Parise for max dollars, do we have the pieces to make a cup run? TNSE has said that when the time is right that they will spend the money. Is it your opinion that the time is now? That we are a Parise away from the cup?

But hey, if you want to keep thinking that it's only TNSE sitting on their wallets that's not getting the Jets Parise, that's up to you.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:13 PM
  #29
trebendan
Registered User
 
trebendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
1)
Kane-Little-Wheeler
Ladd-Burmistrov-Antropov
Miettinen-Slater-Machacek
Glass-Cormier-Thorburn
Maxwell/Gagnon

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hainsey-Byfuglien
Stuart-Postma
Clitsome

Pavelec
Mason

2)
Kane-Jokinen-Wheeler
Ladd-Little-Jones
Ponikarovsky-Burmistrov-Antropov
McLeod-Slater-Thorburn
Cormier/Machacek

D & goal as above

3) - trades - makes my head spin!

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:16 PM
  #30
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
So it's only the "realist" fans who understand that the only reason why Parise is not coming to Winnipeg is because Winnipeg won't be offering the most money?

You seriously believe that? Or are you just trying to find a way to put a dig on TNSE?

Parise is going to get offers from many, many teams. It will be bigger than the Brad Richards scenario where we got to watch TSN broadcast from outside the office where his agent was and tell us which teams were meeting with them.

In simple terms, Winnipeg could show up and offer the maximum allowed under the cap for long term, and I would bet that not only are there other teams that offer that or close to it, I would bet that some of the other teams are in a better position to win and would be more interesting to Parise.

The Jets know that Parise is going to get maximum dollars. They have to decide if we have the rest of the pieces in place that allow that to make sense. I.E. If the Jets landed Parise for max dollars, do we have the pieces to make a cup run? TNSE has said that when the time is right that they will spend the money. Is it your opinion that the time is now? That we are a Parise away from the cup?

But hey, if you want to keep thinking that it's only TNSE sitting on their wallets that's not getting the Jets Parise, that's up to you.
I agree. I don't think TNSE would offer Parise a max contract, but I think it has nothing to do with 'sitting on their wallets' and everything to do with not handcuffing themselves long-term with a max contract. Their team is still evolving and they would likely want to see where they are in 2 yrs - with the development of their young players - before making such a move.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:27 PM
  #31
Diggyjets
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Bob E;50103913]I agree. I don't think TNSE would offer Parise a max contract, but I think it has nothing to do with 'sitting on their wallets' and everything to do with not handcuffing themselves long-term with a max contract. Their team is still evolving and they would likely want to see where they are in 2 yrs - with the development of their young players - before making such a move.[/QUOTE

well why does signing a high priced FA.. or any top free agent for that matter have to be after we "BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT" i find it hard to beleive that in the next 3 years there wont be a higher priced free agent that fits the jets very well...and that we will pass up ... i am not taking a shot at tnse at all.. just going by what they say and what they have told all of us.. being a mid to low cap space team means no big names come here.. only when we get lucky and find one through the draft... like we have with kane and bogo.. buff and wheeler and ladd are all from trade.. building from within the draft saves money.. the city of winnipeg pumped over 100 million dollers into the jets.. be nice to have confidence that they would spend our hard earned money on a superstar thats all.. from what they have repated over and over again.. were not that kind of team..

Diggyjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:00 PM
  #32
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
.
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 50
Quote:
well why does signing a high priced FA.. or any top free agent for that matter have to be after we "BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT" i find it hard to beleive that in the next 3 years there wont be a higher priced free agent that fits the jets very well...and that we will pass up ... i am not taking a shot at tnse at all.. just going by what they say and what they have told all of us.. being a mid to low cap space team means no big names come here.. only when we get lucky and find one through the draft... like we have with kane and bogo.. buff and wheeler and ladd are all from trade.. building from within the draft saves money.. the city of winnipeg pumped over 100 million dollers into the jets.. be nice to have confidence that they would spend our hard earned money on a superstar thats all.. from what they have repated over and over again.. were not that kind of team..
I don't recall TNSE ever saying they'd be a low-cap team. They stated that they would be a mid-cap team that will build through the draft, and spend when it makes sense to take a run.

I think you're going to be sorely dissappointed with their methodical approach. You follow the Preds? That'll be the course of action they take, IMHO, and they've publicly stated it. That said, I also don't recall TNSE ever stating that they won't make trades to improve their line-up if the opportunity arises.

As Huffer said, the Jets could make an offer to Parise, but I doubt there's less than 15 teams that will also make an offer. The likelyhood of him signing in Winnipeg is low. Again, my opinion only.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:35 PM
  #33
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I don't recall TNSE ever saying they'd be a low-cap team. They stated that they would be a mid-cap team that will build through the draft, and spend when it makes sense to take a run.

I think you're going to be sorely dissappointed with their methodical approach. You follow the Preds? That'll be the course of action they take, IMHO, and they've publicly stated it. That said, I also don't recall TNSE ever stating that they won't make trades to improve their line-up if the opportunity arises.

As Huffer said, the Jets could make an offer to Parise, but I doubt there's less than 15 teams that will also make an offer. The likelyhood of him signing in Winnipeg is low. Again, my opinion only.

sigh, some horse carcasses just won't rot away.

exactly this.

I have every belief TSNE will spend money. They said they expect and have budgeted to be a mid cap and revenue sharing team. They blew that expectation out of the water with the amount of money they made.

However, they did say they will spend when it makes sense. Look at this team, look at the prospects in the system, and look at where our top young players are from their peak.

in 3-4 years, kane burmi and bogo, and hopefully to lesser degrees sheifele, telegin, and #9 will all be in the age group of contributing meaningfully and in a big way.

Before that happens, this team needs a lot of work to come anywhere close to being a contender, signing parise isn't going to do it.

is it worth signing parise for 7+ years at 8+ million dollars? He's not going to take us from bubble to cup contender, he's going to take us from bubble to one and done.

So yes, we'll get our player, and we'll sneak into the post season for a couple years. But we still won't be a contender for another 3+ years anyway.

In short we'd all love to have parise, but if TNSE doesn't make an offer to Parise, i'm not going to assume it's because their not willing to pony up, it's because they think their moneys better spent poneying up in 2-3 years, which honestly, i'd completely agree with.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
  #34
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,607
vCash: 500
No ufa signing i could see something like this

Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Antropov/Burmistrov (both interchangeable c and wing)
Wellwood Slater Machacek(?)
Glass Cormier Thorburn(?)

D)
Bogo Enstrom
Hainsey Buf
Clitsom Stuart

postma
kulda

The questions:
Can burmi maintain a 2nd line spot?
Do machacek and cormier prove they can stick?
wellwood resigns
glass resigns

I also think Telegin is a darkhorse to win a spot on the roster next year, on the 3rd/4th line wing and would not think the universe was collapsing if he did so.

it'll be interesting, i'm very excited.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:27 PM
  #35
TCsmyth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
sigh, some horse carcasses just won't rot away.

exactly this.

I have every belief TSNE will spend money. They said they expect and have budgeted to be a mid cap and revenue sharing team. They blew that expectation out of the water with the amount of money they made.

However, they did say they will spend when it makes sense. Look at this team, look at the prospects in the system, and look at where our top young players are from their peak.

in 3-4 years, kane burmi and bogo, and hopefully to lesser degrees sheifele, telegin, and #9 will all be in the age group of contributing meaningfully and in a big way.

Before that happens, this team needs a lot of work to come anywhere close to being a contender, signing parise isn't going to do it.

is it worth signing parise for 7+ years at 8+ million dollars? He's not going to take us from bubble to cup contender, he's going to take us from bubble to one and done.

So yes, we'll get our player, and we'll sneak into the post season for a couple years. But we still won't be a contender for another 3+ years anyway.

In short we'd all love to have parise, but if TNSE doesn't make an offer to Parise, i'm not going to assume it's because their not willing to pony up, it's because they think their moneys better spent poneying up in 2-3 years, which honestly, i'd completely agree with.
I agree with this. Spending huge dollars does not excite me - winning does. Besides, all the guys we ***** and moan about are the big dollar guys...Antro, Buff, Luongo, Semin, Leino...on and on. The Rangers sign Brad Richards, sure really good player, but I will take Callahan and even Kreider over him for the next 4-5 years. Henrique and Zajac are playing way better than the "big money" Richards.

I say save the dough, reward your own you want to keep, and have space to make moves when you have a shot for glory. Sitting on their wallets? You are kidding right - they spent $180 million bringing the NHL back here. They still have to pay the loans if there is no hockey next year. Why do people get upset when they say they are going to do something (draft and mid-cap), then do it?

It seems we should see it play out for awhile, as opposed to the Brian Burke model of "we will make the playoffs!"...then nothing. Patience lads, patience

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:43 PM
  #36
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
.
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
(...)

In short we'd all love to have parise, but if TNSE doesn't make an offer to Parise, i'm not going to assume it's because their not willing to pony up, it's because they think their moneys better spent poneying up in 2-3 years, which honestly, i'd completely agree with.
I think NEXT year will be a reasonable year to go after some UFA's - the UFA pool looks much deeper in 2013. This year - not so much.

Top paid UFA's in 2012:

PlayerPosTeamAgeCap HitExpiry
Semin, AlexanderRWAS28$6,700,0002012 (UFA)
Smyth, RyanLEDM36$6,250,0002012 (UFA)
Parise, ZachLNJD27$6,000,0002012 (UFA)
Rolston, BrianLBOS39$5,062,5002012 (UFA)
Huselius, KristianLCLB33$4,750,0002012 (UFA)
Doan, ShaneRPHO35$4,550,0002012 (UFA)
Langkow, DaymondCPHO35$4,500,0002012 (UFA)
Penner, DustinLLAK29$4,250,0002012 (UFA)
Selanne, TeemuRANA41$4,000,0002012 (UFA)
Boyes, BradRBUF30$4,000,0002012 (UFA)
Blake, JasonLANA38$4,000,0002012 (UFA)
Avery, SeanLNYR32$3,875,0002012 (UFA)
Stoll, JarretCLAK29$3,600,0002012 (UFA)
Hecht, JochenCBUF34$3,525,0002012 (UFA)
Jagr, JaromirRPHI40$3,300,0002012 (UFA)
Kostitsyn, AndreiRNAS27$3,250,0002012 (UFA)
Whitney, RayLPHO40$3,000,0002012 (UFA)
Kotalik, AlesRBUF33$3,000,0002012 (UFA)
Hagman, NiklasLANA32$3,000,0002012 (UFA)
Jokinen, OlliCCGY33$3,000,0002012 (UFA)

PlayerPosTeamAgeCap HitExpiry
Crosby, SidneyCPIT24$8,700,0002013 (UFA)
Iginla, JaromeRCGY34$7,000,0002013 (UFA)
Elias, PatrikCNJD36$6,000,0002013 (UFA)
Perry, CoreyRANA27$5,325,0002013 (UFA)
Getzlaf, RyanCANA27$5,325,0002013 (UFA)
Ribeiro, MikeCDAL32$5,000,0002013 (UFA)
Alfredsson, DanielROTT39$4,875,0002013 (UFA)
Connolly, TimCTOR31$4,750,0002013 (UFA)
McDonald, AndyCSTL34$4,700,0002013 (UFA)
Lupul, JoffreyLTOR28$4,250,0002013 (UFA)
Fisher, MikeCNAS31$4,200,0002013 (UFA)
Hartnell, ScottLPHI30$4,200,0002013 (UFA)
Morrow, BrendenLDAL33$4,100,0002013 (UFA)
Bouchard, Pierre-MarcRMIN28$4,080,0002013 (UFA)
Antropov, NikCWIN32$4,062,5002013 (UFA)
Roy, DerekCBUF29$4,000,0002013 (UFA)
Staal, JordanCPIT23$4,000,0002013 (UFA)
Horton, NathanRBOS26$4,000,0002013 (UFA)
Zajac, TravisCNJD27$3,887,5002013 (UFA)
Koivu, SakuCANA37$3,800,0002013 (UFA)

Looking at that, I'd rather that TNSE waited for a year to go after UFA's in a big way. Their young roster will be a year older, and hopefully better/bigger/faster - supplementing that with UFA help from the 2013 crop would allow them to make a good run into the playoffs, IMHO.

I'm thinking there won't be too many changes for this up-coming year - I agree with many of the line-ups that have been posted. Here's my completely pie-in-the-sky roster for 2013 though :


FORWARDS
Evander Kane ($3.000m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)
Andrew Ladd ($4.400m) / Bryan Little ($2.383m) / Blake Wheeler ($2.550m)
Alexander Burmistrov ($1.500m) / Patrice Cormier ($0.854m) / Spencer Machacek ($0.633m)
Tanner Glass ($1.000m) / Jim Slater ($1.500m) / Chris Thorburn ($0.867m)
Ivan Telegin ($0.698m) / Mark Scheifele ($1.594m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Tobias Enstrom ($3.750m) / Zach Bogosian ($2.500m)
Barret Jackman ($3.625m) / Dustin Byfuglien ($5.200m)
Mark Stuart ($1.700m) / Grant Clitsome ($1.250m)
Paul Postma ($0.688m) /

GOALTENDERS
Ondrej Pavelec ($3.000m)
Edward Pasquale ($0.713m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $54,053,610; BONUSES: $1,822,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $10,246,390

One can dream.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:46 PM
  #37
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
.
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
(...) Why do people get upset when they say they are going to do something (draft and mid-cap), then do it?
Because it doesn't fit someone's ideals. Personally, when an organization says they're going to do something and they do it, more power to 'em. From all reports through the Moose years, TNSE has been a top-notch organization, intent on winning - I don't think that's going to stop, and I personally agree with their outlook on drafting, trades, and signing.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:44 PM
  #38
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 1200
Kane - J Staal - Wheeler
Ladd - Bolland - Little
Cormier - Gaustad -Thorburn
Telegin - Scheifele - Machacek
Wellwood

Hainsey - Bogosian
Stuart - Byfuglien
Kulda - Postma
Clitsome

Pavelec
Mason

I traded Antro & a lower pick in exchange for Bolland & a cap dump to be named later. Traded Enstrom, the #9 pick, & Klingberg for Staal & a third; Miettenen for a bag of pucks. We've moved Burmistrov down to the AHL for a minimum of 25 games.

We maintain a young core (go younger actually), gain strength and size down the middle, and garner overall improved defensive responsibility from the forwards and especially at center. We bring Scheifele into the league slowly, akin to how Boston initially handled Seguin in his first year, and spell him off with Wellwood 50% of the time.

The above post was only partially serious, FYI; it represents my own ideal lineup for next season. Your own mileage may (and probably does) vary.

Might as well transition the team with an eye toward moving to the Western Conference, ASAP.


*EDIT*
PS: Upon completion of the Staal trade it will be immediately announced that he signed a 7 year contract extension with the Jets!


Last edited by Gump Hasek: 05-24-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:14 PM
  #39
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 8,090
vCash: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I think NEXT year will be a reasonable year to go after some UFA's - the UFA pool looks much deeper in 2013. This year - not so much.

Top paid UFA's in 2012:

PlayerPosTeamAgeCap HitExpiry
Semin, AlexanderRWAS28$6,700,0002012 (UFA)
Smyth, RyanLEDM36$6,250,0002012 (UFA)
Parise, ZachLNJD27$6,000,0002012 (UFA)
Rolston, BrianLBOS39$5,062,5002012 (UFA)
Huselius, KristianLCLB33$4,750,0002012 (UFA)
Doan, ShaneRPHO35$4,550,0002012 (UFA)
Langkow, DaymondCPHO35$4,500,0002012 (UFA)
Penner, DustinLLAK29$4,250,0002012 (UFA)
Selanne, TeemuRANA41$4,000,0002012 (UFA)
Boyes, BradRBUF30$4,000,0002012 (UFA)
Blake, JasonLANA38$4,000,0002012 (UFA)
Avery, SeanLNYR32$3,875,0002012 (UFA)
Stoll, JarretCLAK29$3,600,0002012 (UFA)
Hecht, JochenCBUF34$3,525,0002012 (UFA)
Jagr, JaromirRPHI40$3,300,0002012 (UFA)
Kostitsyn, AndreiRNAS27$3,250,0002012 (UFA)
Whitney, RayLPHO40$3,000,0002012 (UFA)
Kotalik, AlesRBUF33$3,000,0002012 (UFA)
Hagman, NiklasLANA32$3,000,0002012 (UFA)
Jokinen, OlliCCGY33$3,000,0002012 (UFA)

PlayerPosTeamAgeCap HitExpiry
Crosby, SidneyCPIT24$8,700,0002013 (UFA)
Iginla, JaromeRCGY34$7,000,0002013 (UFA)
Elias, PatrikCNJD36$6,000,0002013 (UFA)
Perry, CoreyRANA27$5,325,0002013 (UFA)
Getzlaf, RyanCANA27$5,325,0002013 (UFA)
Ribeiro, MikeCDAL32$5,000,0002013 (UFA)
Alfredsson, DanielROTT39$4,875,0002013 (UFA)
Connolly, TimCTOR31$4,750,0002013 (UFA)
McDonald, AndyCSTL34$4,700,0002013 (UFA)
Lupul, JoffreyLTOR28$4,250,0002013 (UFA)
Fisher, MikeCNAS31$4,200,0002013 (UFA)
Hartnell, ScottLPHI30$4,200,0002013 (UFA)
Morrow, BrendenLDAL33$4,100,0002013 (UFA)
Bouchard, Pierre-MarcRMIN28$4,080,0002013 (UFA)
Antropov, NikCWIN32$4,062,5002013 (UFA)
Roy, DerekCBUF29$4,000,0002013 (UFA)
Staal, JordanCPIT23$4,000,0002013 (UFA)
Horton, NathanRBOS26$4,000,0002013 (UFA)
Zajac, TravisCNJD27$3,887,5002013 (UFA)
Koivu, SakuCANA37$3,800,0002013 (UFA)

Looking at that, I'd rather that TNSE waited for a year to go after UFA's in a big way. Their young roster will be a year older, and hopefully better/bigger/faster - supplementing that with UFA help from the 2013 crop would allow them to make a good run into the playoffs, IMHO.

I'm thinking there won't be too many changes for this up-coming year - I agree with many of the line-ups that have been posted. Here's my completely pie-in-the-sky roster for 2013 though :


FORWARDS
Evander Kane ($3.000m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)
Andrew Ladd ($4.400m) / Bryan Little ($2.383m) / Blake Wheeler ($2.550m)
Alexander Burmistrov ($1.500m) / Patrice Cormier ($0.854m) / Spencer Machacek ($0.633m)
Tanner Glass ($1.000m) / Jim Slater ($1.500m) / Chris Thorburn ($0.867m)
Ivan Telegin ($0.698m) / Mark Scheifele ($1.594m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Tobias Enstrom ($3.750m) / Zach Bogosian ($2.500m)
Barret Jackman ($3.625m) / Dustin Byfuglien ($5.200m)
Mark Stuart ($1.700m) / Grant Clitsome ($1.250m)
Paul Postma ($0.688m) /

GOALTENDERS
Ondrej Pavelec ($3.000m)
Edward Pasquale ($0.713m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $54,053,610; BONUSES: $1,822,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $10,246,390

One can dream.
YWGinYYZ, can't complain about that line up. However, it seems unlikely that in 2013 when Bogo, Enstrom and Wheeler will all be either UFA or RFA that they will sign for what they are currently making now.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:34 PM
  #40
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,620
vCash: 50
It's kind of crazy to think of but man would an Einstein plus one of our young grinders (spenc, cormier ) for staal make sense for both teams..

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:48 PM
  #41
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,529
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
To be honest that's where his *current* production and age should dictate... a third liner who will soon enough be a top 6 (take in mind Noel used the GST "checking" line and the "ahl line")

Common Duke... I want to see you take a shot at this be a couch GM
Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
What I want them to be:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmistrov-Byfuglien
Machacek-Antropov-Wellwood
Glass-Slater-Thorburn

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hainsey-Clitsome
Stuart-Postma/Kulda


More realistic with re-signings and little to no roster moves:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmistrov-Antropov
Machacek-Cormier-Wellwood
Glass-Slater-Thorburn

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Hainsey-Bogosian
Stuart-Clitsome
Since Lynk and I seem to think along the same lines usually. Only difference is I might replace Wellwood with someone a little bigger. If no Buff at forward work something with Antro and Burmi on the 2nd line. Have Cormier and Machacek in the bottom 6(assuming they show enough in training camp and the pre-season).

I'd rather Clitsome not be in the top 4 but it depends on who is realistically available and who would be fine with signing here. We're probably like to make a bigger splash this off-season with a trade versus a signing. I don't see us doing more then possibly signing a #4-6 defenseman and a middle 6 RW.

I don't really predict players. It's so hard because we don't know who might actually be available on the trade market and who we would have a real chance to re-sign.

-Assuming Enstrom wants to stay I work on re-signing. Not going to post #'s because I don't know what his asking price will be. I really don't feel it'll be overpayment though.
-Assuming Hainsey plans on signing somewhere else after this season, and this is based off of what I've heard previously, I look to move him.
-Same goes for Antropov but I've never seen any indications that he wants to stay or go, but I'll assume he won't fit into the teams future plans.
-The only young player I would think of moving would be Little and that would only be in a package for an upgrade at center. But that might only work if Enstrom was included for a big enough upgrade. Otherwise, I don't move Little either. One of him or Burmi will probably move to wing once Scheifele is ready.
-What I would look to replace Hainsey and Antropov with is a more physical #4-5 defenseman and a checking 3rd liner that can add some scoring. That way, you keep your young players like Little and Burmi and still can get more physical. Obviously Hainsey and Antropov have size but neither are really that physical.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:51 PM
  #42
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 500
The 2013 UFA list does look pretty nice right now. But I'm sure the key guys will be re-signed long before they become ufa's.

Love Horton - might be a risky move but if he's healthy, he's young, tough and can score.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:53 PM
  #43
ps241
It's closing time.
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,454
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
I agree with this. Spending huge dollars does not excite me - winning does. Besides, all the guys we ***** and moan about are the big dollar guys...Antro, Buff, Luongo, Semin, Leino...on and on. The Rangers sign Brad Richards, sure really good player, but I will take Callahan and even Kreider over him for the next 4-5 years. Henrique and Zajac are playing way better than the "big money" Richards.

I say save the dough, reward your own you want to keep, and have space to make moves when you have a shot for glory. Sitting on their wallets? You are kidding right - they spent $180 million bringing the NHL back here. They still have to pay the loans if there is no hockey next year. Why do people get upset when they say they are going to do something (draft and mid-cap), then do it?

It seems we should see it play out for awhile, as opposed to the Brian Burke model of "we will make the playoffs!"...then nothing. Patience lads, patience
Great post!!

Here is an excerpt from a recent Free Press article quoting Chipman:


"I think we're a long ways from where we want to be," Jets co-owner and governor Mark Chipman told reporters at 1 Canada Division Headquarters, where he was presenting a $100,000 cheque to Canadian Forces' charitable and support causes on Tuesday. "We got a decent start and I think we accomplished most of what we wanted to in Year 1 but we're a long way from where I have in my mind where we need to be. "But that's OK. We were patient enough to get here and we're going to be patient in the process of building the organization."

Soon to be 28 teams fan bases will all be expecting a miracle fix this off season and there are going to be allot of disappointed fans. TNSE have to get the wrong players off the bus and they have to get their type of players on the bus......it's all going to happen it just might not be in the timeline that most attention deficit disorder fans want!

To be clear this was not Chevy and companies group of players so I do expect churn but this is going to take some time to get the appropriate value. I am not saying stand pat but fans need to be realistic!

PATIENCE

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:58 PM
  #44
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Great post!!

Here is an excerpt from a recent Free Press article quoting Chipman:


"I think we're a long ways from where we want to be," Jets co-owner and governor Mark Chipman told reporters at 1 Canada Division Headquarters, where he was presenting a $100,000 cheque to Canadian Forces' charitable and support causes on Tuesday. "We got a decent start and I think we accomplished most of what we wanted to in Year 1 but we're a long way from where I have in my mind where we need to be. "But that's OK. We were patient enough to get here and we're going to be patient in the process of building the organization."

Soon to be 28 teams fan bases will all be expecting a miracle fix this off season and there are going to be allot of disappointed fans. TNSE have to get the wrong players off the bus and they have to get their type of players on the bus......it's all going to happen it just might not be in the timeline that most attention deficit disorder fans want!

To be clear this was not Chevy and companies group of players so I do expect churn but this is going to take some time to get the appropriate value. I am not saying stand pat but fans need to be realistic!

PATIENCE
Exactly ps241. And Chipman sounds like an owner that wants to build a team that can challenge for a cup, each year, and not just fleece the fans and save money by not spending to the cap.

Spend wisely, draft well, and build a winner. Take a year or two to let inherited poor contracts expire, and replace them with productive players (possibly cheaper). Sounds good to me.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:08 PM
  #45
Diggyjets
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
still alot of burmi on the 2nd line.. what has he proved ? not enough to show a 2nd line.. not even close.. i guess his "potential "is enough to put him up there??? 3rd line tops for his whole career is what he has proved.. if that... we have him on our 2nd and were in trouble

Diggyjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:13 PM
  #46
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,637
vCash: 500
I would love to land either Zajac or J. Staal next summer. Even Fisher would be a great pick up.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:14 PM
  #47
Aerial
Registered User
 
Aerial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Per the discussion above, I don't want a superstar just to have a superstar. Besides that, I don't really think you need a superstar -- especially not when you don't have a solid team to surround him with.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm fine with expecting to continue to be a bubble team for the next few seasons as we build up our prospect pool and depth and establish an organization that will attract top UFAs and allow us to trade for top players otherwise.

Right now, we don't have that. We're too thin. You can't start from scratch and buy a winner, that's been proven over and over again.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:16 PM
  #48
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!
 
Stej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kirk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,041
vCash: 500
As baseless and unsubstantiated as it was, I admittedly can't get that Getzlaf rumour out of my head (that he was impressed with the atmosphere in the MTSC and "could see himself playing here"). Probably complete BS, but a guy can dream.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:45 PM
  #49
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
.
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
YWGinYYZ, can't complain about that line up. However, it seems unlikely that in 2013 when Bogo, Enstrom and Wheeler will all be either UFA or RFA that they will sign for what they are currently making now.
I don't disagree - unfortunately, the capgeek "fantasy team" assembler doesn't allow you to change the salaries of players that aren't a UFA in the coming year. IE: if you signed Perry, Getzlaf, and the rest of the RFA / UFA's for what they'd be worth, I'm pretty sure that line-up would be over the cap.

One can dream though.


Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 05-24-2012 at 11:54 PM.
YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:53 PM
  #50
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
.
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggyjets View Post
still alot of burmi on the 2nd line.. what has he proved ? not enough to show a 2nd line.. not even close.. i guess his "potential "is enough to put him up there??? 3rd line tops for his whole career is what he has proved.. if that... we have him on our 2nd and were in trouble
Dude is 20 years old, and you're capping his potential at a 3rd line player? Does he need to improve? Sure. Is it possible he never improves? I guess, but it's unlikely. I'm no Burmi apologist - he definitely made many mistakes in the offensive zone this year. At the same time, he was quite sound in his own end.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.